PSP GO Piano Black & Pearl White Refurbished Systems $59.99 Shipped @ GameStop.com

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the PSP Go yesterday and its awesome!

I've been out of the PSP game in a longgg time ever since my black psp 1000 died years ago.

Been playing the vita here and there but always loved the psp library.

Promptly downgraded to 6.20 and loaded on 6.20 LME.

The screen protector was a pain to put on since I think its cut just a liiiittle too big for it so I trimmed it a bit.

Wifi is a pain since I have to make my router go into compatibility mode for B/G.

Not sure if I will get a memory card since there's 16gb already there.

Time to play some real games on my commute! (sick of iphone crap)

I got my go and it's in perfect condition but 1 scratch on the screen. Do these come with screenprotectors on them already? It seems like they do but I'm not exactly sure if it's part of the screen or if it's removable.. anyone know?

On the plus side, the Go already has 16gb of internal memory, more than enough to hold every emu game out there
Complete hyperbole. I have 12GB of GBA ROMs, 9GB of SNES ROMs, 4GB of Genesis ROMs, and 4GB of fan-translated Japanese DS ROMs on my PC alone. I won't even get into the size of my CD-based ROM collection that includes PSX, PS2, PSP, and DC games (DC library is over 100GB alone).

Complete hyperbole. I have 12GB of GBA ROMs, 9GB of SNES ROMs, 4GB of Genesis ROMs, and 4GB of fan-translated Japanese DS ROMs on my PC alone. I won't even get into the size of my CD-based ROM collection that includes PSX, PS2, PSP, and DC games (DC library is over 100GB alone).
Do you really need to have all of them on your PSP at once...? Just put everything in a folder on your computer and whatever you want to play put on your PSP.

Do you really need to have all of them on your PSP at once...? Just put everything in a folder on your computer and whatever you want to play put on your PSP.
He said "more than enough to hold every emu out there" and I replied that it wasn't nearly enough.

I already do that with a PSP emulator on my tablet, since I can only hold around 30 PSP games at once on 13GB of usable legacy storage. It's pretty inconvenient. I wish other manufacturers would add SD card slots to their devices instead of charging $100 more for double the storage space.

Wifi is a pain since I have to make my router go into compatibility mode for B/G.

Not sure if I will get a memory card since there's 16gb already there.

Time to play some real games on my commute! (sick of iphone crap)
I had to set up a guest network just to connect the freaking thing to the internet (doesn't like WPA2 AES). The 16GB will get eaten pretty fast, so watch out!

Lol, mobile games are overrated these days.

I got my go and it's in perfect condition but 1 scratch on the screen. Do these come with screenprotectors on them already? It seems like they do but I'm not exactly sure if it's part of the screen or if it's removable.. anyone know?
You should be fine. If it's a refurb. one it has some plastic on it. It will do but if you want optimal viewing quality do yourself a favor and get yourself a universal screen protector to put on the Go.

That is a LOT of ROMs. And I thought my 100GB music collection was huge.

He said "more than enough to hold every emu out there" and I replied that it wasn't nearly enough.

I already do that with a PSP emulator on my tablet, since I can only hold around 30 PSP games at once on 13GB of usable legacy storage. It's pretty inconvenient. I wish other manufacturers would add SD card slots to their devices instead of charging $100 more for double the storage space.
Those 16 games I pictured are now in my 32GB MicroSD card and I only have about 10GB left. Ouch.

And Good God! Those prices on the Sony memory...PSP and Vita...

If you're going to scrape every possible crap game out there, sure you'll have more than can fit on the Go. But I just reviewed my GBA files, and I have about 65 games at 252mb, and those are all the games I had any interest in; many GBA games were junk. How you came up with 12gb is beyond me, unless you got every language/version out there.

The point is, with 16gb of internal storage, you can hold a ton of games. Unless you're anal and need to have every single one ever released (and in every possible language/version, no matter how bad the game is), its more than enough. Even my Neo Geo set is only about 700mb, again not every game because I don't care about the junkier ones. To each his/her own, eh?

Tempted to nab a White model. My PSP Go that I bought at launch has some serious discoloration on the rear pads. I'm guessing I left it in sleep mode one day for too long and it overheated.

Yay, another thread devolved into a discussion of CFW and emulation. :roll:
Well for the PSP it's only natural that we discuss CFW and emulation, I think.

On topic: I actually haven't seen any used Go units around the GS stores. I see a lot of the 1/2/3K models used...and NO, you can't go online to check if they have used ones. You can only see if they have refurb. ones. In other words, you probably can go anywhere to find a PSP...a bit less so for the Go.

Yay, another thread devolved into a discussion of CFW and emulation. :roll:
Seriously. It really bothers me that this generation of gamers can just slough off talking about piracy so openly. Shit's fucked up bro.

Well for the PSP it's only natural that we discuss CFW and emulation, I think.
Why, exactly? Especially when we can discuss the 100+ PSP games, Minis, and PSOne titles available on the Playstation Store, perhaps?

All I'm playing on it is crash bandicoot, which ive been trying to beat for years (on level 32), a game called steel harbinger which kind of sucks so far, and a japanese shmup called harmful park which i haven't tried yet.

One thing I've noticed is that the go is way harder to control than the regular psps, but I'm getting used to it. If you're a thumb controller then you're going to have a hard time, you pretty much need to use your finger tips. 

Seriously. It really bothers me that this generation of gamers can just slough off talking about piracy so openly. Shit's fucked up bro.

Why, exactly? Especially when we can discuss the 100+ PSP games, Minis, and PSOne titles available on the Playstation Store, perhaps?
In your defense, personally I think piracy messes up a lot of the gaming experience for everyone. If the people who work hard at giving a good game for people to play they should be compensated for it and even be able to put the money into more good games. At least that's the ideal situation.

Have you been around the GS PSP racks lately? They TRASH their UMDs like crazy. Those plastic shells are very delicate and I bought some shells on Amazon to fix that problem. Not wanting to crack more plastic, I wanted to find a way to carry the games without breaking the stupid discs.

I very much wish I could just buy and download the games that I bought (check one of my past posts). I took a look around and I'm actually better off buying the UMDs at either GS or even Amazon (Ex. Ace Combat Joint Assault is $35 on PSN but with coupons I got it for $4). And besides a lot of the UMDs didn't get into PSN.

One thing I've noticed is that the go is way harder to control than the regular psps, but I'm getting used to it. If you're a thumb controller then you're going to have a hard time, you pretty much need to use your finger tips.
Well, good thing I have my 3K.

If you're going to scrape every possible crap game out there, sure you'll have more than can fit on the Go. But I just reviewed my GBA files, and I have about 65 games at 252mb, and those are all the games I had any interest in; many GBA games were junk. How you came up with 12gb is beyond me, unless you got every language/version out there.

The point is, with 16gb of internal storage, you can hold a ton of games. Unless you're anal and need to have every single one ever released (and in every possible language/version, no matter how bad the game is), its more than enough. Even my Neo Geo set is only about 700mb, again not every game because I don't care about the junkier ones. To each his/her own, eh?
You can hold a ton of pre-64 bit titles, but anything Dreamcast and up will take up a lot of space. Android has an Xbox emu, and Halo is roughly 3GB in size. It's cool if you're only playing handhelds on it, but my PSP import of Hangyaku no Lelouche I is 1.2GB. And yeah, I have all of of the foreign releases and alternative versions. I also have a lot of fan-made ROMs for each system. Those are fun to play. :D

In response to emulation talk: The GO has no physical disc slot. It was a stupid scheme to get people to re-buy their games, and I would never buy one. Loading a physical copy of a game and playing it is more involved than opening a file; it means more to me to play Mario Kart 64 on its home system with the original 64 controller than it does when we emulate it on my friend's Pi. The authenticity isn't there.

However, region-locking is another way to get more money, and I'd rather emulate a great game that was never released in North America than not play it at all.

That's just a convenient excuse for piracy.
1377879520886.jpg

Oops, maybe you shouldn't be looking at that meme. "They" can "get you" for "pirating" if you look at that.

Really wanna get another one of these. Someone stole mine, and my 1K doesn't work unless it's plugged into the wall. Thankfully I got to backup my games to load them on the Go. Such a great little handheld. 

Got mine today. Very much looks used. What's the return period for these? I wanna get a replacement since I like it but at the same time scratches on hand back and dirt on the side is real weak sauce

Come on people, some of us just want to keep our UMDs from not breaking.
How would they break? They're encased in a hard plastic shell. The only plausible way they could break is if you stepped on one, and maybe not even then since they're very flat.

The entitlement in this thread is out of control. Look, I have a couple dozen UMDs that I can't play because my PSP is old and has trouble registering the disc drive as closed. I'll have to buy a new one if I want to play those games. That's life. You pirate if you're poor or a kid, and then when you're older and can pay your own way, you actually pay for your games.

You can hold a ton of pre-64 bit titles, but anything Dreamcast and up will take up a lot of space. Android has an Xbox emu, and Halo is roughly 3GB in size. It's cool if you're only playing handhelds on it, but my PSP import of Hangyaku no Lelouche I is 1.2GB. And yeah, I have all of of the foreign releases and alternative versions. I also have a lot of fan-made ROMs for each system. Those are fun to play. :D

In response to emulation talk: The GO has no physical disc slot. It was a stupid scheme to get people to re-buy their games, and I would never buy one. Loading a physical copy of a game and playing it is more involved than opening a file; it means more to me to play Mario Kart 64 on its home system with the original 64 controller than it does when we emulate it on my friend's Pi. The authenticity isn't there.

However, region-locking is another way to get more money, and I'd rather emulate a great game that was never released in North America than not play it at all.
What the fuck.

Lack of a disc drive doesn't suddenly give you the right to pirate all of your games.

For the love of crap.

How would they break? They're encased in a hard plastic shell. The only plausible way they could break is if you stepped on one, and maybe not even then since they're very flat.

The entitlement in this thread is out of control. Look, I have a couple dozen UMDs that I can't play because my PSP is old and has trouble registering the disc drive as closed. I'll have to buy a new one if I want to play those games. That's life. You pirate if you're poor or a kid, and then when you're older and can pay your own way, you actually pay for your games.
You know I think we'd probably agree on a lot of aspects regarding people and entitlement; we'll save that for another topic, PM, whatever you want.

You'd be surprised; so far I've had to replace three of the sixteen games' shells (I'll give you photos when I get home) and a fourth one's borderline broken. Two of them wouldn't read until I switched the shells out. I've seen these UMDs since launch day and I never expected to run into games with broken shells; they do look and feel quite sturdy. Well I guess I've waited nine years to actually dive into the Sony handheld (been with Nintendo since the GBA) and I think you know that it's quite a new world of experiences on the PSP vs. DS/3DS.

Also for proof that yes, I did actually buy these games:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334379-psp-go-piano-black-pearl-white-refurbished-systems-5999-shipped-gamestopcom/?p=12026095

All of that came out to be about $128. It very much does pay to wait!

I don't think that arguing about this will get any of us constructive results. I don't like piracy and I wish people would not do it. Everyone knows, however that any person who uses the hacks/homebrew may or may not use it to pirate games. Some of us just want to know what these consoles can really do; In my case, to preserve the UMDs. That's all.

And this is what I mean when I want to preserve my UMDs...Got these from Gamestop. Didn't have too much time to check them on Saturday so I'll have to return them later this week.

I've had terrible luck with GS refurb hardware to the point I stopped even trying. In reference specifically to the PSP; I bought a refurb PSP-1000 several years ago and the thumbstick was screwed, it stayed in the right spot but the character would always slowly be walking to the upper left.

I've had terrible luck with GS refurb hardware to the point I stopped even trying. In reference specifically to the PSP; I bought a refurb PSP-1000 several years ago and the thumbstick was screwed, it stayed in the right spot but the character would always slowly be walking to the upper left.
Yep, often their regular used stuff is in better shape than their refurbs. I found two PSP 1000 systems at different GS stores, both in mint condition; they almost looked new. Got a few used Go systems too, all in great shape. I wouldn't order one for shipping, better to see them in person.

so my list of games has grown :(

crash bandicoot

m.u.s.h.a.

sonic the hedgehog

aladdin on genesis aka the GOAT aladdin game

nba jam on genesis

final fantasy vi

harmful park

einhander

duck hunt

fire emblem gba

going on a trip soon bitches. i love this psp.. so much better than the old psp. a little hard to control but i got used to it

Yep, often their regular used stuff is in better shape than their refurbs. I found two PSP 1000 systems at different GS stores, both in mint condition; they almost looked new. Got a few used Go systems too, all in great shape. I wouldn't order one for shipping, better to see them in person.
The PSP 3K that I first got actually looked like it was barely used...but it did have a few scuffs on the back and it had that issue with the screen edge slightly brightened (not sure what causes that still). I used that to get myself a silver matte one (because gloss is overrated) which was in pretty good shape but had to put some wax on the screen.

so my list of games has grown :(

crash bandicoot

m.u.s.h.a.

sonic the hedgehog

aladdin on genesis aka the GOAT aladdin game

nba jam on genesis

final fantasy vi

harmful park

einhander

duck hunt

fire emblem gba

going on a trip soon bitches. i love this psp.. so much better than the old psp. a little hard to control but i got used to it
I took advantage of the B2G1 sale at GS and am up to 21 PSP games. I managed to get 60GB being read with a dual micro SD adapter but I'm down to 38GB. It's only a matter of time I come back to this topic to b**** about my everlasting PSP backlog and I'm suddenly needing 128GB.

One last thing: Can someone confirm with me that the GO screen is better than the 3K one? I've heard that from a few people, but all the stores I've been at don't have a GO; just a mix of 1/2/3K (mostly 3K).

Oh and any Phoenix CAGs out there looking for a cool LE PSP, head to the N. Scottsdale GS to find a Darth Vader PSP 2000...it's in pretty good shape.

Not sure but the screen is nice. Just FYI the psp go uses a different memory stick, I think called M2 or something. I still have 12 gbs left on the internal memory so I'm good.

Not sure but the screen is nice. Just FYI the psp go uses a different memory stick, I think called M2 or something. I still have 12 gbs left on the internal memory so I'm good.
Oh...yeah kind of forgot about that memory (Gee, it's still about $2 a GB; similar to the Vita memory. Ouch). Well I guess I'll be content with my 3K. Having said that, if a Go is in good enough shape at a GS somewhere I just might grab it.

Oh...yeah kind of forgot about that memory (Gee, it's still about $2 a GB; similar to the Vita memory. Ouch). Well I guess I'll be content with my 3K. Having said that, if a Go is in good enough shape at a GS somewhere I just might grab it.
you're missing out on something amazing. the handheld itself is amazing, like a mix between gameboy micro, sp, and psp

I wasnt able to get from GS, so I got a White one from ebay for 57 shipped. It was good because I was able to see it first. Very good condition.

It didnt come with earbus or screen protector, however it came with power and data cables. It was a good deal in my opinion.

At this point, unless you want it specifically to play on the go or to mod it for emulators and such, you may be better off just waiting for the Vita TV thing as it will do better one of the signature things the GO can do, output AV to a TV with DS3 control, AND be able to play at lot of the Vita games too.

Don't rule out Amazon Warehouse Deals for a PSP Go; I got a white one listed as "Like New" for $80, didn't come with a box or papers, but was in perfect condition. 

The problem with the Gamestop "recharged/refurbished" ones is that they don't give a condition, so they're not guaranteed to be in great shape (and the battery might not hold a charge, that's hit or miss).

bread's done
Back