PSP Slim Redesign

[quote name='cochesecochese']Yeah, I'm asking about the individual battery charger NOT the AC adapter. Being able to swap out batteries is motherfucking key.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I tried putting the new PSP Slim battery into the old charger and it doesn't seem to work.

The biggest problem is that the new battery is slimmer, so the little finger nub prevents you from shoving it all the way down into the charger for a snug fit. If you angle it in, though, it seems like you can get the contacts to make... contact.

Regardless, the orange charger light started flashing shortly into the process, indicating that it isn't working correctly. So, I don't think they're compatible. I hope someone else can prove me wrong, though.

My ceramic just arrived. This thing is crispy. Pissed about the battery but I guess those are the breaks. Sony, I demand you release a wall charger and extra capacity battery for the small size.

[quote name='cochesecochese']My ceramic just arrived. This thing is crispy. Pissed about the battery but I guess those are the breaks. Sony, I demand you release a wall charger and extra capacity battery for the small size.[/quote]
Ceramic SW Bundle?

[quote name='decon']Ceramic SW Bundle?[/QUOTE]

Probably JP PSP oh holder of the world's sexiest avatar.

The SW one isn't due out until October with the game.

[quote name='Halo05']Probably JP PSP oh holder of the world's sexiest avatar.

The SW one isn't due out until October with the game.[/quote]

Yes yes yes! Tra la la-la! It is the new king of the portal!

Damn, I just saw some close-up pics of Ceramic White yesterday on neogaf, and now I think I need that one. Stupid Star Wars bundle. There's pretty low odds of the game being any good right?

[quote name='pete5883']Damn, I just saw some close-up pics of Ceramic White yesterday on neogaf, and now I think I need that one. Stupid Star Wars bundle. There's pretty low odds of the game being any good right?[/QUOTE]PSM gave the game an 8.5 and said it was way better than the last Battlefront on PSP.

I've just sinned, bought my component cables at Gamestop because the ones at Fry's weren't working for me. I still had problems like before but then it got better, it might be because I straightened out the damn wires this time and now all is good.

Anyone know the battery life of putting a 2200 MH Sony extended life battery in the slim? Oh also any word on Sony making a new psp battery cover for those who want to use the older bigger longer lasting battery?

Hey guys, just picked up a Daxter bundle earlier tonight.

I have never had a PSP before so please bare with me, the UMD loading is quite noisy when a game is first loading and then occasionally during gameplay. Is this typical behavior?

Thanks!

[quote name='briandadude']Hey guys, just picked up a Daxter bundle earlier tonight.

I have never had a PSP before so please bare with me, the UMD loading is quite noisy when a game is first loading and then occasionally during gameplay. Is this typical behavior?

Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, it is. It seems worse on the slim compared to the old fat. Which is probably because there isn't as much plastic dampening the sound

I'm having trouble deciding whether to get a Ceramic White bundle or a Daxter Bundle. I definitely like the white one more, but the battery cover looks really tacky (And I also don't like Star Wars). Will Sony release replacement battery covers without Vader on it?
Also, I'm selling my fat PSP after I use it to install CF, and I'm since the Star Wars bundle doesn't include a memory stick, and I'm keeping my current Memory stick, how should I go about selling it? I feel like not having a Memory stick would decrease its potential eBay value considerably.

[quote name='briandadude']Hey guys, just picked up a Daxter bundle earlier tonight.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Playing on the pro duo, the slim does in fact load slower than the fat, i'm guessing the same with UMD. So much for 64MB!!!

[quote name='Purkeynator']Anyone know the battery life of putting a 2200 MH Sony extended life battery in the slim? Oh also any word on Sony making a new psp battery cover for those who want to use the older bigger longer lasting battery?[/QUOTE]

Sony probably won't but i'm sure someone will

Does anyone know how to calibrate the analog? My nub placement doesn't seem right and for some reason I can't take the damn nub off.

Just got the Daxter bundle with the $40 off $199 coupon at Shitty City. Not bad, I really like the sparkley silver, but I have to say I'm not impressed with the screen.. it really could use a another level of brightness... or two. Also, the PSP doesn't even come with the soft case now... WTF? What's a good PSP slim case? Where's the best place to get a 4gb memory stick right now?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Just got the Daxter bundle with the $40 off $199 coupon at Shitty City. Not bad, I really like the sparkley silver, but I have to say I'm not impressed with the screen.. it really could use a another level of brightness... or two. Also, the PSP doesn't even come with the soft case now... WTF? What's a good PSP slim case? Where's the best place to get a 4gb memory stick right now?[/QUOTE]

I bought a clean, used original PSP soft case at EB/GS for like 3 or 4 bucks. It's not as snug as it would be on the original PSP but seeing as how I never take my PSP out and about, the case does a good job of protecting it when it's just sitting around at home.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Just got the Daxter bundle with the $40 off $199 coupon at Shitty City. Not bad, I really like the sparkley silver, but I have to say I'm not impressed with the screen.. it really could use a another level of brightness... or two. Also, the PSP doesn't even come with the soft case now... WTF? What's a good PSP slim case? Where's the best place to get a 4gb memory stick right now?[/quote]

Buy.com has a Sandisk 4gb for $31.99 after GCO.

[quote name='Bezerker']Buy.com has a Sandisk 4gb for $31.99 after GCO.[/quote]

Thats been sold out for a couple of days now..

[quote name='gokou36']Does anyone know how to calibrate the analog? My nub placement doesn't seem right and for some reason I can't take the damn nub off.[/QUOTE]
I got this from the PSP Safety and Support booklet:

"For best results, go to Settings -> Systems Settings and then with the "System Information" screen displayed, rotate the analog stick in a circular motion. This will adjust the analog stick's range of movement."

[quote name='Thomas96']FFVII crsis core sold almost 300k psp units...[/quote]

789758 more Final Fantasy PSP games from Square Enix and the PSP will surpass the DS in sales!

[quote name='jling84']789758 more Final Fantasy PSP games from Square Enix and the PSP will surpass the DS in sales![/QUOTE]

plus one more monster hunter game...

Any word on a playgear pocket slim? I really want one of those, it's one of my favorite psp accessories.

Also, Sandisk 4GB pro duo's are on sale at CC in-store for $59.99. I think you can find 'em a couple of dollars cheaper online, but in case anyone wanted instant gratification.

May I just say the box that comes inside the daxter bundle is just right for propping up a notebook great air flow and the screen sits up better ^__^

I've seen the Component cables, composite cables, and headphones for the slim PSP's in stores but has anyone seen the new slim batteries or carrying cases especially made for them yet?

I don't believe the slim batteries are out yet, nor are the fat battery covers for that matter. Where are all the accessories for my psp?!?! But I would second the Sony brand original psp soft case as a great means of storage for the psp slim. Especially with one of those shieldzone skins on my psp it fits perfectly in the case and best of all it fits into my pocket easily without any fear on my part of it becoming scratched.

I bought one of those phat PSP soft case & wrist strap Sony brand accessory kits from Sears the other day for like $3. I also bought a Hori screen protector. Now I'm waiting to see what other accessories come out specifically mae for the slim. I wouldn't mind a slim version of the Nyko charge & play theater experience case. I had one for my old PSP and it was a great case for protection and the built in speakers were great for enhancing the sound for movies.

[quote name='gokou36']Playing on the pro duo, the slim does in fact load slower than the fat, i'm guessing the same with UMD. So much for 64MB!!![/QUOTE]

Actually, on Syphon Filter, my second time through, it's quicker loading from the UMD on the slim. Normally, at the beginning of an episode, loading would take longer than the text intro. Now, it's fully loaded and ready when about 2/3 of the text has been drawn.

It was quite annoying that I've read the intro and the UMD was still loading on the fat.

My only minor beef with the slim is that I think the Dpad buttons are somewhat tied together. When I use the scope (^ arrow) and having goggles on, it sometimes turns the goggles off thinking I hit the < arrow. Never happened on the fat. Not an issue now since I've adjusted my press point closer to the top of the ^ arrow.

I finally had a chance to break open my Daxter bundle and mess with it. I applied the Hori screen protector and I have to say those things KICK ASS! You can barely tell there's a protector on it at all. I used some crappy Pelican screen protector on my PSP Phat and that thing was like looking through a screen door!

Huh, I'll have to look for a Hori protector when I'm in a store. I had a Pelican one too, which looks fine for the DS, but just dosen't cut it on the Playstation Portable.

I'll second that. I have the Hori one on my fat PSP and it's great. I bought another for my slim but haven't applied it yet.

I bought both at Fry's for $5.99 each.

I went ahead and bought the Daxter bundle (the idea of Darth Vader on a PSP sickens me). I traded in a bunch of stuff to a local gamestore so I only ended up paying $70. I was going to try to fix that broken one I found earlier this year, but I figured I get a new one anyway.

Charging it now.

USB recharge function...

I guess to use this feature you actually have to go into the options menu and put the PSP in "USB MODE" That's kinda lame. It makes the function only good if you were in the middle of transferring files.

Any S-video cable for that allow me to play my Psp games on T.V ? Composite av cables doesn't work on games, only component av cables work. I'm looking for composite; at least play or record it with my shitty game bridge device.

[quote name='fatbeer']Any S-video cable for that allow me to play my Psp games on T.V ? Composite av cables doesn't work on games, only component av cables work. I'm looking for composite; at least play or record it with my shitty game bridge device.[/QUOTE]

S-video cable was for Japan only. You'd have to import.

[quote name='sdragon']Nope, nope and nope...[/quote]

Hmmm...

I might see if I can get a nice sturdy piece of foam to make up for the slimness of the new PSP model. I really want a case for it.

Anyone else's analog nub starting to feel loose or something? I can kinda twist mine a few mm clockwise and counter-clockwise, but thats not bothering as much as when I move my analog nub to the left. For some reason, it feels like its going over a ridge now as I move left, with moving to the left being on lower than the nub resting in the middle. I tried the other directions and it feels its on an even plane, but left... it feels weird now since the left kinda goes down that "groove".

[quote name='bob330i']I'll second that. I have the Hori one on my fat PSP and it's great. I bought another for my slim but haven't applied it yet.

I bought both at Fry's for $5.99 each.[/quote]

Does any other retailer besides Fry's sell them? Shipping prices seem to make them too expensive.

bread's done
Back