Purchase Toy Story and get a free ticket to Toy Story 3

Just printed out a separate $10 upgrade coupon for both Blu ray combos that appear to be replacements for the $5 coupons from a previous link. So, yes, I don't see why both packages shouldn't ring up for $15.98 total tomorrow.

Also, thanks for the UPC posts - I own the Ultimate Toy Box, which has one useless UPC D:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SuperJedi']Which store has the BEST offer?

National chains, please.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, target has them for 22.99 ea, and Toys-R-Us has them for 21.99 ea.

So - TRU then Target. If anyone knows a B&M place to get them cheaper (especially one that's lenient with coupon abuse), let me know.

My wife's going by Target in a bit to pick these up along with Monopoly. I hope they don't give her a hard time about the instant savings + the disney coupons. She's not the type to start cutting throats when it comes to these kinds of things.

Didn't find out about this deal until last night. Went to TRU about an hour before closing. Found the Toy Story Pre-Order card, but the selection of Blu-Rays was pathetic. Only Disney Blu-Rays I could find was Snow White and Cinderella, which I both have. No Blus of Princess and the Frog, only DVDs. Asked the clerk if I could get a raincheck, and he said no, but that they would probably get some more in soon (He didn't get what I was trying to do, and I really didn't want to walk him through it, haha).

Anyways, he suggested I buy something of equal price now, and then do a switch later on, which sounded like a stretch for me. What I ended up doing was pre-order them anyway, so that I could prove on the receipt that I did pre-order. So it shows I was eligible for the 15$ promotion, just didn't use it.

Anyone think I'd have any luck getting that promotion today if they have more of a blu-ray selection today? I have the feeling they might 'magically' find some copies of Disney Blu-Rays today.

Otherwise just the Toy Story blus are still a great deal. Just bummed I missed out on the Princess and the Frog that cheap.

Just so everyone knows, there is NOT a physical ticket for Toy Story 3 included with Toy Story and Toy Story 2... However, you need to signup for Disney Movie Rewards, input the code in the 'rectangle' from the small flier inside the cases (input it at www.disneymovierewards.com) and you'll recieve a link to print the ticket between now and August 15, 2010 and 125 DMR Points...

So has anyone printed out their movie tickets yet?

What I'm curious about is this -- If I go to the Disney Movie Rewards site and enter the codes from both Toy Story and Toy Story 2, will I get two movie tickets? Or is it "one ticket per customer"? If I can get two tickets on my own account, that's preferable because it's where I'm collecting my Movie Rewards points, but if not, I'll enter one of them on my girlfriend's account instead.

[quote name='Justin42']Toys R Us is doing that too.[/QUOTE]

I think pretty much every major retailer is doing that promotion this week - I think the "$10 off for both" is a promotion pushed by Disney.

Just got back from Target.

5.98 total before taxes for both the Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 combo packs.

They took both 10 dollar coupons, both 5 dollar coupons, and gave me the 10 dollar off promo from their ad for buying both.

[quote name='SX0T']Just got back from Target.

5.98 total before taxes for both the Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 combo packs.

They took both 10 dollar coupons, both 5 dollar coupons, and gave me the 10 dollar off promo from their ad for buying both.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you did this in Orlando. . .

[quote name='SX0T']Nope, middle of effing nowhere Illinois.[/QUOTE]

D'oh. . .well, I'm going to give TRU a shot during lunch - I'll report back with the deal I get. Hopefully I can get them there for 3.98 plus tax. . .

i bought both and it is only giving me 1 free ticket....I don't see anywhere that limits it no 1 per account, total BS.

[quote name='caltab']i bought both and it is only giving me 1 free ticket....I don't see anywhere that limits it no 1 per account, total BS.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. Oh well, I had to create a DMR account for my girlfriend last night to print one of the coupons anyway, because my network printer had an error and then the site wouldn't let me print the coupon again from my account. So I guess I'll just register one of the discs on her account. Annoying because I essentially lose the points that way (she'll never build up enough to use them for anything, because I do most of the movie buying), but I'd rather have the movie ticket.

[quote name='perdition(troy']so make a new account, its not that hard.[/QUOTE]

Once he's registered the code with one account, it won't work with another, so it's too late at that point.

Also, the points really are worth something when you build enough up, so it sucks to not be able to keep them consolidated. Too bad it's the same code for both the points and the ticket.

[quote name='perdition(troy']so make a new account, its not that hard.[/QUOTE]

Once he's registered the code with one account, it won't work with another, so it's too late at that point.

Also, the points really are worth something when you build enough up, so it sucks to not be able to keep them consolidated. Too bad it's the same code for both the points and the ticket.

Success in Metro Denver. Well 3 outta 4 ain't bad. TGT took both $10 coupons and 1 $5 coupon before the machine said one MFR coupon per item. It didn't however null out the $5 coupon, so I walked out with TS1, TS2, and a 2 pack of contact solution for $18.xx

I was wrong...I just now received an email for the second free ticket...the first one came right away, this one came like an hour later...but, Ive got my 2nd ticket. I just shot off an angry email a minute before too. Don't know if its a coincidence or if it did something ot their system, but the ticket came immediately after I imputed the code for princess and the frog.

[quote name='SX0T']Nope, middle of effing nowhere Illinois.[/QUOTE]It's obvious from the avatar pic. I mean, really.:)

[quote name='caltab']I was wrong...I just now received an email for the second free ticket...the first one came right away, this one came like an hour later...but, Ive got my 2nd ticket. I just shot off an angry email a minute before too. Don't know if its a coincidence or if it did something ot their system, but the ticket came immediately after I imputed the code for princess and the frog.[/QUOTE]You didn't happen to get the Toy Stories at a metro area Fry's did you? Go Cards.

[quote name='jdawgg76']It's obvious from the avatar pic. I mean, really.:)

You didn't happen to get the Toy Stories at a metro area Fry's did you? Go Cards.[/QUOTE]

nah, i got it from Roswell Target

$18.66 out the door, at Target. Only got to use the instant $10 and the two $10, but I'm still really pleased. I've got a 2 year old and I foresee a buzz lightyear renaissance in my household. :D

(partial)Toy Story 1/2 Orlando Report:

Toys R Us on Colonial: Out of stock on the "blu ray packaging" combos (unless you have a preorder there). Only "dvd packaging" combos available. I'm a snob, so I took my business elsewhere.

Target on Colonial: Running low on blu ray packged combos, but they're still both in stock for now - I'd say 3-5 left of each on the floor. Dvd packaged combos are plentiful. Wasn't able to double-up the manufacturer's coupons (where do people find these gullible cashiers??). Used the two $10 ones on top of the $10 instant promotion (and the cashier was still hesitant to do that!). Still happy that I was out the door with both movies for $18.32 after tax.

I went to BB to get mine used the 2 $10 coupons, then had a small conversation as the to the $5 coupons, then used the 2 $5 coupons, and add in the $10 when you buy 2. and i ended up paying $12.78. Thank you Caggers for the coupons.

Payed a grand total of 12.78 including tax. Best Buy took both $10 and both $5 coupons, and the $10 off when you buy both. I'm very pleased with this purchase. Not bad for a birthday gift to myself eh?

[quote name='caltab']I was wrong...I just now received an email for the second free ticket...the first one came right away, this one came like an hour later...but, Ive got my 2nd ticket. I just shot off an angry email a minute before too. Don't know if its a coincidence or if it did something ot their system, but the ticket came immediately after I imputed the code for princess and the frog.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know if there is a link or something that shows what theaters will be accepting the movie cash? I know the one that Amazon was offering didn't work at the theater I always go to, but I couldn't find what theaters accept the DMR tickets.

The Toys 'R' Us in Niles, OH had at least twenty of each blu-ray combo when I stopped by. I picked up one of each with the ten dollar coupons and the total was around $16 for both after tax.

Both the cashier and the folks behind me in line took close looks at the coupons but ultimately there was no trouble using them.

Was denied the doubling up of the $5 + $10, so I got them from TRU for $16.50 after tax. Didn't realize they came in both DVD and BD cases, so I need to go back and swap one out. Why the hell they do this is beyond me.

I think it is pretty crappy for those of you trying to use a $10 and $5 off coupon on EACH movie. Clearly you shouldn't be able to get away with that and it is pretty shady that you would even try.

[quote name='ZForce915']I think it is pretty crappy for those of you trying to use a $10 and $5 off coupon on EACH movie. Clearly you shouldn't be able to get away with that and it is pretty shady that you would even try.[/QUOTE]
Like we care.

[quote name='moonphrogg']hence the name of the site: CHEAP ASS gamer[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between being cheap and doing something you know is wrong. Using 4 coupons on 2 movies, you don't see anything wrong with that? This isn't like groceries where one coupon is manufacturer and the store is a store coupon.

Honestly though, those people that are trying to do this I don't expect to be able to follow my logic.

Damn. The closest Target is 70 miles round-trip.

Still, I think I'm gonna find a reason to head down there. I want to get in on these!

[quote name='Rig']Damn. The closest Target is 70 miles round-trip.

Still, I think I'm gonna find a reason to head down there. I want to get in on these![/QUOTE]

You should be able to get Toy Story 1 and 2 for less than $20 at Best Buy or TRU as well.

TRU

picked up my preorder and one extra set.
only one set is blu style as the store was short shipped ...

get to TRU asap for the blu style ...!

keeping my other set sealed to exchange

and yes, these were a helluva deal ...

[quote name='ZForce915']You should be able to get Toy Story 1 and 2 for less than $20 at Best Buy or TRU as well.[/QUOTE]

The only stores in my town are Wal-Mart and K-Mart. All the above mentioned stores (Target, BB, TRU, etc.) are in the same town; 70 miles away.

[quote name='moonphrogg']Toys R Us on Colonial: Out of stock on the "blu ray packaging" combos (unless you have a preorder there). Only "dvd packaging" combos available. I'm a snob, so I took my business elsewhere. [/QUOTE]
Crap, was too much in a rush to see there was a difference. I'm a snob too and want Blu-Ray packaging. I guess I'll have to go do an exchange later.

Beaverton, OR update:

TRU did not have any BR packaging for Toy Story 2 anywhere on display (and there were about 4 displays spread out), so I decided to test my luck elsewhere.

Best Buy had them both, but at BB prices ($39.98 after combo price versus 34.98 at TRU). Because it was lunch and I still had to eat, I didn't bother checking Target. Five dollars wasn't that critical to me. The [super cute] girl at the register sighed at my $10 upgrade coupons; apparently they lost some sales earlier today due to BB policy about not taking coupons on sale items until the manager decided to let them all go through. FWIW, getting both packages for less than retail cost of one of them still makes my day.

I just got back from the 48th Street Target in Lincoln, NE. They took off the $10 instant discount for buying both, the $5 off coupon per movie, and the $10 off coupon per movie. After ringing up the last $5 off coupon, the cashier's screen displayed a message saying "Only one manufacturer coupon per item." The cashier saw the message and told me that I couldn't use all four coupons, but then muttered something like "Well, they're already all entered in, so...", so she didn't remove any of the coupons! So I didn't get a gullible Target associate, just one that didn't care at all about their job!

So, I got Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, and a new supply of my daily vitamins for $19 and change! :) Thanks to all the CAGs who helped me with this!

And have we determined that you can enter two "Free Toy Story 3 Movie Ticket" codes into a single Disney Movie Rewards account to get two free tickets, or do I have to open up a second account and enter one code into each DMR account to get two free tickets?

[quote name='cbulas1']And have we determined that you can enter two "Free Toy Story 3 Movie Ticket" codes into a single Disney Movie Rewards account to get two free tickets, or do I have to open up a second account and enter one code into each DMR account to get two free tickets?[/QUOTE]

Yes. When you enter the codes into the Disney Movie Reward website you get a banner for a free ticket to see Toy Story 3. After you have inputted both codes you will have 2 codes provided by the website for you to enter into www.activaterewards.com/ts3

[quote name='ZForce915']There is a difference between being cheap and doing something you know is wrong. Using 4 coupons on 2 movies, you don't see anything wrong with that? This isn't like groceries where one coupon is manufacturer and the store is a store coupon.

Honestly though, those people that are trying to do this I don't expect to be able to follow my logic.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit, I do feel a pang of guilt when I try to double up coupons I know I'm not supposed to. Then again, the recording/film industry has me for tens of thousands of dollars in total. . . if I manage to land a couple of $25 blu-rays for 3 bucks a pop, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I just got my blu-rays from Amazon. Is there any indication about movie cash on the outside of the blu-rays because mine don't mention it and I don't want to open it if the are the wrong edition.

bread's done
Back