Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

I'm an inch away from snapping this up, and I may, but I'd really like to see them put the Wiimotes out for preorder, too, so I can preorder a system and an extra remote, and only pay one shipping fee.

[quote name='Bazz']You should put up on main page that they don't charge you , but they usally have your credit card in a pending charge to make sure you have enough balance on the card , but DON'T CHARGE UNTILL SHIP.[/quote]

Does that mean my balance has to stay above my total in the checking account I used my debit card with between now and the day it ships? Does anyone know?

It's very important to me because I already ordered and I do have enough right now but may not the entire two months.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Does that mean my balance has to stay above my total in the checking account I used my debit card with between now and the day it ships? Does anyone know?

It's very important to me because I already ordered and I do have enough right now but may not the entire two months.[/quote]

Yes, unless they ship early

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Ah crap, I'm going to have to cancel it then.[/quote]
What I meant was they do not charge until they ship.... sorry I am out it over her

Why would you need the total in your account the entire 2 months? As long as the money's there when they go to ship it (make sure your account has enough money starting like a week in advance, in case they start doing authorizations early) I can't see an issue.

I'd ask Amazon directly before cancelling.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Ah crap, I'm going to have to cancel it then.[/QUOTE]

You probably know this but I would personally never order with your debit card. The banks have or choose to give a lot less protection when its tapped in to your bank account directly if its ever stolen.

On top of that if the funds are removed you wont have any money will you have it investigated.. At least with a credit card they freeze the account a lot of times with an investigation etc.

FYI.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Ordered. Beats taking a chance on release day, would be the same price with tax included and CheapyD has to get Pizaid.[/quote]

Thanks, much appreciated!

Yeah I will ask Amazon because I'll definetely have enough to cover it when it ships i'm just wondering about the pre-authorization from today when I did it until the time it ships does it have to be sufficent at all times?

I wonder if I can switch the payment to a credit card?

Edit: yeah it's easy to switch it to a credit card and I did. I'm good with that, got like a $6,100 credit limit with a $0 balance.

Preordered. I wonder how long this will be available from Amazon's site. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go "unavailable" pretty soon.

I'm still not completely sold on the Wii, but when an opportunity to pre order without a bundle stares me in the face I had to order one.

Signed up for the Amazon Prime free trial and got it shipped for $249.99 w/ free 2 day shipping. I'll cancel Amazon Prime before December.

Thanks!

thanks for the info. this is the very FIRST time in which we have ever gotten a console that: a) didn't have to wait for several months and b) didn't require a freakin bundle!!!!!!

i just hope it will ship around release day.........

[quote name='GF_Eric']I'm still not completely sold on the Wii, but when an opportunity to pre order without a bundle stares me in the face I had to order one.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that's where I found myself. I was 95% sure I'd pre-order one, was a little less than enthused when the final price/details all came out (I was hoping for more like $229 with 2 controllers and maybe more than just Wii Sports included; or $199 for a bare unit), but being able to get one with no hassle and no stupid bundle was too tempting. Getting it with nearly free shipping ($4 for overnight ain't bad) and no tax sort of gets it back to the price I hoped it'd be (after tax/etc).

Had I seen a $600 bundle I'd never had ordered one. ;) (1 Wii, 3 3rd party guaranteed to work like crap wannabii-motes, and 5 of the suckiest launch titles!)

Just went to the webpage and it says I can sign-up to be alerted when it becomes available for order... nothing about pre-order. Is this dead already?

Availability: We will e-mail you when this item becomes available

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Does that mean my balance has to stay above my total in the checking account I used my debit card with between now and the day it ships? Does anyone know?

It's very important to me because I already ordered and I do have enough right now but may not the entire two months.[/quote]I have no idea really depends on how they do their things. Btw I don't see anything that says email when goes into stock i can order if I wanted to again.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']I guess this is what i get for sleeping in and not getting up early.[/QUOTE]
Same here, although my Amazon Prime trial would have expired before it shipped.

That's retarded. I had myself set to be alert for when this might become available and never received an email. Now I come to CAG today and find they have offered it and sold through and I never received an email. Thanks for nothing Amazon.

[quote name='BIG5']Same here, although my Amazon Prime trial would have expired before it shipped.[/quote]
Yeah but the pricing is locked in at time of pre-order. Mine expires a couple days before but I got in on the cheap Next day shipping.

[quote name='BIG5']Same here, although my Amazon Prime trial would have expired before it shipped.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter, as long as you order while you have Prime.

[quote name='MC Hampster']That's retarded. I had myself set to be alert for when this might become available and never received an email. Now I come to CAG today and find they have offered it and sold through and I never received an email. Thanks for nothing Amazon.[/quote]
QFT

Got in....but you think we'll get it in a timely fashion? Maybe I should go to a store and try to get one locally just in case.

Well, if you absolutely have to have it on launch day or thereabouts, getting it locally is probably your best bet. I've generally had good luck with Amazon, but there are no guarantees.

Amazing how quickly these sold out...son of a bitchin work got in the way. My fiance is getting me this for Xmas....I don't care if her ass has to camp out like I did for the 360, but I better be unwrapping one come Xmas. :)

I think everything might be thinking these are going to be sold out everywhere? I don't think Nintendo is going to have the problems Sony and Microsoft did...

The only reason I ordered this morning from Amazon is because I had $75 worth of gift certificates (Amazon Visa) and a 15.00 credit in my account.

[quote name='MC Hampster']That's retarded. I had myself set to be alert for when this might become available and never received an email. Now I come to CAG today and find they have offered it and sold through and I never received an email. Thanks for nothing Amazon.[/QUOTE]

If I was you I'd be mad too. I was relying on that email too, and I never got one. But I've been checking CAG frequently for pre-order deals and happened to see this one before the first shipment sold out. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. :(

[quote name='soulwish2003']I think everything might be thinking these are going to be sold out everywhere? I don't think Nintendo is going to have the problems Sony and Microsoft did...[/QUOTE]

Nintendo says they'll be shipping 4 million units worldwide by the end of the year.

[quote name='soulwish2003']I think everything might be thinking these are going to be sold out everywhere? I don't think Nintendo is going to have the problems Sony and Microsoft did...

The only reason I ordered this morning from Amazon is because I had $75 worth of gift certificates (Amazon Visa) and a 15.00 credit in my account.[/QUOTE]

The thing I worry about is it's 2 days after the PS3 launch. And that's gonna be a debacle of epic proportions. How many people are gonna be seeing the insane Ebay prices, and going "Hmm, missed out on that, but I'll camp out and get in on the Wii launch."

Plus I was really irritated by my Sunday experience with the DSLite. Sunday mornings are for relaxation.

[quote name='MC Hampster']That's retarded. I had myself set to be alert for when this might become available and never received an email. Now I come to CAG today and find they have offered it and sold through and I never received an email. Thanks for nothing Amazon.[/quote]

The same thing happened to me and I did this yesterday--I saw it on Amazon as Alert When Available, added my email for giggles, and got nothing, too!

All I can say is that the email alert system on Amazon is completely fucking worthless. If this was an item I absolutely had to pre-order, then I would be pretty damn pissed off.

bread's done
Back