Radiata Stories $39.49 shipped from Overstock.com (buyer beware however)

Still waiting on mine...really aggravating. If I have to wait a bit to get it, fine...just tell me. Instead the website constantly says "In Process" and they seem less than useful when I call them.

[quote name='DarienW']Walmart has it for $35[/QUOTE]

Unless their website is wrong, (it says $49.82), then it is still full price unless the $35 price point is YMMV. I was asking for a deal in the forums, and nobody has responded yet. Thanks for the info Darien! I have been wanting Radiata Stories for a while! :D

Sorry for the double-post, but it is definitely not $35. Thanks for the false hope newbie! :'(

This is bullshit. I still didnt get mine. I'm gonna call tomorrow and cancel my order if I can. I'll go get it at Best Buy for $39.99 and $5 off GGC.

[quote name='Maklershed']This is bullshit. I still didnt get mine. I'm gonna call tomorrow and cancel my order if I can. I'll go get it at Best Buy for $39.99 and $5 off GGC.[/QUOTE]

isnt it back up to 49.99 at best buy

I hope you guys get your copies, it's a wonderful game. I picked it up at Best Buy last week.

Please support the title, if it drops to 20 and doesn't sell well we might not see a sequel, or many other medieval RPGs anytime soon.

[quote name='Maklershed']This is bullshit. I still didnt get mine. I'm gonna call tomorrow and cancel my order if I can. I'll go get it at Best Buy for $39.99 and $5 off GGC.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's definitely gone back up to $49.99 at BB sadly. :( Last week I forgot about it being $35 after coupon! I'm kicking myself now, because the best deal that I MIGHT be able to get, is if I can find it used at GR, then it'll be $33.75 + tax, which isn't bad considering I have about $7 or $8 on a left over Gift Card from there..

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I hope you guys get your copies, it's a wonderful game. I picked it up at Best Buy last week.

Please support the title, if it drops to 20 and doesn't sell well we might not see a sequel, or many other medieval RPGs anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
This game sold poorly compare to Star Ocean 3 (which isnt that good to begin with) in Japan.

[quote name='aoLat']Sorry for the double-post, but it is definitely not $35. Thanks for the false hope newbie! :'([/QUOTE]

Well, its $35 at the Walmart in South Plainfield, NJ... they also have Mario Party 6 w/ Mic for $40, FF:CC w/ link for $10. I also picked up a GC Puyo Pop Fever for $7 there.

But $35 for a Square game is still too much... since they usually don't become rare... I'll wait until it dropps to $20 like StarOcean

I just got off the phone w/ Overstock.com customer service. What a nightmare. I assure you that I shant be ordering from this shitty website again unless the deal is tremendous. I still havent gotten my game and asked whats up and they said that it was lost in the mail. So instead of just shipping a replacement game they have to put a trace on the first one (which is a mandatory 10 day wait period). And then ship out a new one which will take 4 days according to the customer service rep.

OVERSTOCK SUCKS!!

I just got off of the phone with them myself and the lady apologized for the inconvenience and gave me a $20 coupon on my account! $20 coupon! I love overstock. The last time I talked with someone about this, they gave me a $5 coupon. By the time I finally receive, I'll have gotten it for free.

wow they told me mine was lost in the mail too. I can almost guaruntee that the game never shipped in the first place. I tried to cancel my order and they wouldn't let me. They made me put a trace on the item. this is terrible.

Sadly, i haven't gotten any coupons at all yet. And I've talked with numerous reps. :(

I too had a "trace" put on my order, but thankfully the lady didn't say it was lost in the mail. If nothing comes out of it soon, I'll have my credit card chargeback the order...they shouldn't have billed me already anyways.

It's amazing that all these orders got lost at the same time!

I didnt get any coupons either. And I too tried to cancel the order but they wouldnt let me. Maybe if I call back and bitch enough they'll let me cancel.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']The game is far better than Star Ocean 3 in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

That's really not saying too much. I've yet to play it, but it seems like a game I'll like. I'm sick of Squeenix comming out with shite.

"Thanks for your purchase of PS2 - Radiata Stories on 08/19/2005.

Please take a moment to rate this product. Product feedback allows our customers to benefit from your expertise and helps Overstock.com continually improve the customer experience."

I got that email for a review as well and STILL have not got the game yet.

Logging in to my account, the shipping still says, "In Process". I emailed that I did not get the game yet and I got a reply saying that my email was forwarded to the right department and that I would get a response in 4 days. That was over a week ago. Almost 3 weeks since the reelease date without even a email to say what's up with the delay. The only reason I preordered was because of the $10 credit for signing up with Overstock.

I'm not going to buy anything from them again and tell everyone I know not to shop from them either. Great TV commercials though...

[quote name='brianmoy']

I'm not going to buy anything from them again and tell everyone I know not to shop from them either. Great TV commercials though...[/QUOTE]

I hear that. That spokeswoman is one of the hottest chicks ever.

F Overstock

[quote name='psincubus']I previously had it preorded with gamestop.com to get the free poster. But it's definitely not worth $20 (since i got the game for $29.49 at overstock and i had it preorder for $49.99)[/QUOTE]

About Gamestop: There's a trick that most people don't know (and that the company doesn't want you to know) Just because you pre-order a game, does not REQUIRE you to use your preorder credit towards the purchase of the game for which you put the money down. You can put $5 down on the upcoming Matrix game, and when it comes out and your best friend gets it first and you play it and it sucks like i'm sure it is going to, you can go to gamestop and say, "I had $5 down on matrix, can you just put it towards this current purchase? I'm not going to buy that waste of a disc, thanks".

No offense to matrix fans, I was just using that as an example... but i am still not going to give it a first glance.

I worked for gamestop for two (hopefully it will be three... not because I like the company, but because I need the money) holiday seasons (just nov-feb) and in that time i preordered probably 2 games each day i worked just to help my friend get some %age (yeah, i'm a douche) and Not one of the games did I pick up, all the credit just went towards a couple other purchases i made. Oh well, it's early and I have to drive 35 minutes to my college.

I did the above with Radiata Stories actually to get the poster. Never picked up the game and I plan to do it with DDS2 to get the soundtrack once the stores get them. Either that, or use the money for Trauma Center.

Damn... Overstock sux.. ass...

I ordered Shining Tears from them on Aug. 31, it's alomost a month and still no damn game... I e-mailed them 3 times.. and still no reply...

on my account all it says is in process...

Does Anybody have a customer services phone# I can call... can't seem to find it...

[quote name='Spoon_si']Damn... Overstock sux.. ass...

I ordered Shining Tears from them on Aug. 31, it's alomost a month and still no damn game... I e-mailed them 3 times.. and still no reply...

on my account all it says is in process...

Does Anybody have a customer services phone# I can call... can't seem to find it...[/QUOTE]

1-800-THE- BIG-O

Good luck trying to cancel it. They'll probably just put a "trace" on your game too. My guess is you wont be seeing that bad boy until mid October.

[quote name='Maklershed']1-800-THE- BIG-O

Good luck trying to cancel it. They'll probably just put a "trace" on your game too. My guess is you wont be seeing that bad boy until mid October.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the #...

Well this is the 1st time I order... with them... good job on the 1st impression I might add...

Okay...so I just got off the phone with another representative, and he told me that a trace was placed on my order. So at least that was consisent.

He then proceeded to tell me that they got their stock in of this item on 9/23 and it has been shipped...but no tracking number handy (go figure). he said I should receive the item sometime next week.

Can anyone else call and confirm this story, or is this just another wad of crap in the endless battle for the game?

I just talked to a Overstock rep today as well and he said that the game was released on the 23rd so I should be getting it in 5 to 10 days. But now I remember that the product listing page for the game was listed as "in stock" on the 19th. I know because I emailed them that day because I thought I heard somewhere that the game was released on the 8th.

And this is the first game I've EVER preordered. I always wait til its out and goes to $20 or find it used, but this is probably the only game I had to get right away because of the connections to Star Ocean - Til the End of Time. I've got 130 hours on SO3 and it seems like I still have a ways to go before I get to the end. Man that game is long.

I just got off the phone with.. them.. the rep sounded like a dumb ass.. I swear...

I bitched him out... I mean 30 days... and you guys don't even bother to reply to my e-mail or call me to notify... and there is no canceling your order... which sucks ass...

I did get a $10 credit on my next order.... but I doubt I'll even use them agian...

I just received this nice little e-mail from them:

"We have cancelled order #20068879 per your request. You have been credited
$39.49.

Please consider us again and take advantage of our great savings. "

The funny part comes now....I didn't request shit. Thanks overstock.

Wow, you didn't want to cancel your order, and they cancel it. I want mine cancelled and they won't let me. great customer service

[quote name='psincubus']Wow, you didn't want to cancel your order, and they cancel it. I want mine cancelled and they won't let me. great customer service[/QUOTE]

Haha ... thats funny. Cause I specifically demanded they allow me to cancel my order. And they said they couldnt do that blah blah blah. Even though they allowed me to cancel an order in the past cause it took them 3 weeks to deliver but lost my order then as well. I really wish they'd let me cancel this time cause its getting to the point that I dont want this game anymore. I want my damn money back so I can buy X-Men Legends 2 from EB Games .. a company I know I can trust.

After I asked why the order was cancelled "per my request" even though I didn't request that, they responded with this.

"Dear Bryan,

Thank you for choosing to shop with Overstock.com. Please accept our apologies
for not yet having shipped out the 'PS2 - Radiata Stories' that you ordered. I
can understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. I assure
you that we go to great lengths to ship with accuracy, and we take pride in our
fulfillment.

Unfortunately, we were unable to ship this part of your order. We use an
inventory control database to prevent this type of thing from happening, but
some error has apparently occurred in the process. I'm terribly sorry for the
inconvenience that this error on our part has caused you.

We have issued credit to your card for the total amount of this item, $39.49.
The credit was issued to the credit card ending in the last four digits ****.
This credit has been issued from Overstock.com and should be on your next credit
card statement.

Bryan, we currently have this item in stock if you are still interested in
purchasing the 'PS2 - Radiata Stories'. For your convenience, I have included a
direct link to the product below."

So they're telling me that they can't ship it because it isn't in stock, so their solution is for me to rebuy it because it is in stock. :lol: :roll: I swear, they're either retarded or they're used to retarded customers who fall for this type of crap. So I wrote them back about it, we'll see what happens.

I'm glad I don't work in Overstock's customer service dept. They probably know their system is totally screwed up and ha ha:lol: , there's nothing they can do about it! They must be stressed to death.

Funny you got an order cancelled. They told me its against their policy to cancel orders and the only way to get your money back is to wait till you get all your merchandise and then send it back.

BTW, I tried to cancel an order 2 minutes after I clicked purchase because I realized they charged my credit card instead of the gift card number I entered. They refused to cancel the order even though it hadnt even processed and was at least 3 days away from shipping.

[quote name='mkelehan']Funny, my copies of Rez, Snatcher, and Final Fantasy 1-3 disagree with you.

Radiata, though... that'll be $20 in a year.[/QUOTE]
bullshit got my copy of Rez for 15 bucks.. my copies of final fantasys 1-3 for about 6 bucks each

"BTW, I tried to cancel an order 2 minutes after I clicked purchase because I realized they charged my credit card instead of the gift card number I entered. They refused to cancel the order even though it hadnt even processed and was at least 3 days away from shipping."

What I usually do when something like this happens to me is call back and talk to someone different. If one person can't do it, it doesn't mean someone else won't. However, overstock apparently has an extensive note system because when I called up to cancel my order, they read the details of the other three times I talked to customer service. The only reason I know she was doing this was because she was reading it aloud to herself.

They must say, well I expect this person to call in and complain several times, so lets keep a record of it. I hate overstock now. haha

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']After I asked why the order was cancelled "per my request" even though I didn't request that, they responded with this.

"Dear Bryan,

Thank you for choosing to shop with Overstock.com. Please accept our apologies
for not yet having shipped out the 'PS2 - Radiata Stories' that you ordered. I
can understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. I assure
you that we go to great lengths to ship with accuracy, and we take pride in our
fulfillment.

Unfortunately, we were unable to ship this part of your order. We use an
inventory control database to prevent this type of thing from happening, but
some error has apparently occurred in the process. I'm terribly sorry for the
inconvenience that this error on our part has caused you.

We have issued credit to your card for the total amount of this item, $39.49.
The credit was issued to the credit card ending in the last four digits ****.
This credit has been issued from Overstock.com and should be on your next credit
card statement.

Bryan, we currently have this item in stock if you are still interested in
purchasing the 'PS2 - Radiata Stories'. For your convenience, I have included a
direct link to the product below."

So they're telling me that they can't ship it because it isn't in stock, so their solution is for me to rebuy it because it is in stock. :lol: :roll: I swear, they're either retarded or they're used to retarded customers who fall for this type of crap. So I wrote them back about it, we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

simply i think they are trying to start that place they was to get it for 38 bucks no longer has it BUT feel free to buy it off them from another dealer for 48 bucks.... I was hoping they would have another 2 buck game sale like they did Last Sept 27 2004 but never happened

Anything new happen to anyone? If not, I'm probably going to push for a refund and just pick it up at Target next week for roughly the same (minus the aggravation of course)

i called about the trace today. apparently it was supposed to end a week ago, and nothing came out of it. so the nice lady said she will refund my money which means they have to send a request to the warehouse. If its anything like the trace request, it'll never happen.

Man, I never have had trouble with Overstock, but then I only order DVDs with them (and usually older ones that don't have a huge demand). Hopefully everyone gets everything straightened out.

Man, it was even a hassle to get a refund! Had to talk to a rep. for a good 20 minutes before she sent me to her supervisor who finally did the refund. She then asked me how I'd rate Overstock...What?!

I just got an email from them giving me a free membership to their O Holiday club or something. Apparently they have this email ready for people that they piss off.

You know what's hilarious, is that this game has come up at retail locations twice now, cheaper then 39.49.

Overstock is seriously a shitty company.

They aren't great, I'll give you that. I don't like how they ship their games (pressed between 2 pieces of cardboard) and I don't like how they have no reliable way of filling their preorders. I received my copy but only because I ordered a few days before this topic was made. I only have one order still standing with them (a Wild ARMs Alter Code F preorder for $35 from March) and once it ships I'm probably done with them...

bread's done
Back