Raiden Fighter Aces (Xbox 360) Pre-Order for $19.99 on Amazon

RBH

CAGiversary!
Update: Price on Amazon is now listed as $19.99. $29.99 elsewhere:
http://www.amazon.com/Raiden-Fighter-Aces-Xbox-360/dp/B001PA0FBS/

Well, this sure came out of nowhere. Wasn't expecting a US release for this at all. Tentative date is March 3rd and price is listed as $29.99, but of course, it's subject to change.

It's also listed on buy.com:
http://www.buy.com/prod/raiden-fighter-aces/q/loc/108/210633975.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2/23/09 Update

Boxart revealed:

51JaB4c1irL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

New trailer on the Amazon page:
http://www.amazon.com/Raiden-Fighte..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234889425&sr=8-1

Release date: March 24th

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone waiting for a price drop on this game is really cheating themselves out of a very fun game.

Get it while it's still available.

logged 20 hours in so far... just wish it had online co-op. then it would be dangerously close to perfection.

This thread kept me informed and hyped through all the delays, and having finally played the game today, I can say that the wait was very much worth it. Anyone who doesn't buy this is a terrible human being.

I got my copy at the 2nd GS I went to, it was a gutted GS copy but I didn't care. And yeah, this game is awesome. When I asked for it at the first GS the guy behind the desk said "sold out? damn I should have picked it up myself".

Thread convinced me to buy this. I'm not a huge shmup fan by any means, but I'm all for supporting a company that plans on releasing more shmups (Radiant Silvergun please?) if sales are good.

[quote name='Sardoose']This thread kept me informed and hyped through all the delays, and having finally played the game today, I can say that the wait was very much worth it. Anyone who doesn't buy this is a terrible human being.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Traitorious']This.[/QUOTE]

*nods in agreement*

Game is so fucking hype. It makes me want to drink Vault all day and add a 5.1 surround sound system to my room. All I need is a stick that can stand up to the punishment of me hammer SHOOT all night and day and I'll be in business.

I want a 1940 collection and a DonPachi collection now.

This game is absolutely fantastic. Didn't really have much experience with Raiden since the first game so I sort of knew what I was getting into, but not entirely... didn't have a lot of time to play but got totally sucked in. I like shooters but some of the more recent bullet-hell sort of games have been a bit much for me, this one is GREAT.

If you're on the fence at all, BUY IT.

Scored last sealed copy Raiden Fighter Aces and Last Gutted copy Ultimate Shooting Collection (wii) $15. Not bad deal cos i used all my store credit :)

My copy arrived yesterday and I have fifteen of the achievements so far... now I'm going to focus on memorization and score attack. After waiting for this thing to come over from Japan for over a year I would say that it was very worth the money. If you can't pay twenty dollars for this game then there is somewhere wrong with you!

I can see bullets flying at me when I close my eyes...

[quote name='FurryCurry']*nods in agreement*

Game is so fucking hype. It makes me want to drink Vault all day and add a 5.1 surround sound system to my room. All I need is a stick that can stand up to the punishment of me hammer SHOOT all night and day and I'll be in business.

I want a 1940 collection and a DonPachi collection now.[/QUOTE]

You know there is a rapid fire button right?

Hmmm, might have to pick this up.

Amazon's $10 trade-in bonus is going to motivate me to finish some Target clearance backlog games and get this. Thank God I get out of school for summer tomorrow.

[quote name='shoe478']You know there is a rapid fire button right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I feel like that is for wussies really. I'm not playing on a cell phone so no rapid fire for me.

God, it feels like this game has been out for ages and I'm STILL waiting for my Amazon pre-order to get here.

I swear I'll never use saver shipping again. I mean it this time!

^^^Or you could just get Prime and end the headache right there. Yeah it's a lot up front at first but if you do or want to do most of your shopping with Amazon, then it's a great deal. Plus you always know when your stuff is coming AND many zSellers are using Prime too.

[quote name='TypeSH']logged 20 hours in so far... just wish it had online co-op. then it would be dangerously close to perfection.[/QUOTE]

No it would be perfection. That's the game's ONLY fault.

I got this at Gamestop yesterday (actually got a sealed copy which surprised me, and I love it!
I forgot how much faster Raiden feels then other shooters. The only thing missing is online, but I do love the online leaderboards. I'm currently 74th in the world in score attack for Raiden one. Which I think is the highest I've ever been on any leaderboard. :>

Due to the lovefest here and at DVDtalk I caved and ordered. I picked it up on ebay though since I had some money sitting in my paypal account.

Finally put my order in with FSSS. Not in any hurry to get it so it doesn't matter to me.

Now the question is should I have paid a few bucks for shipping or added another item to get the free shipping. I spent a couple bucks more but not paying for shipping and tax makes up for it i guess.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited to get a game. Too bad the mail won't get here until about 6 tonight.

Raiden 4 Coming to North America in August on the Xbox 360
By Ray Barnholt, 05/26/2009

Hot on the heels of Valcon Games' release of Raiden Fighters Aces for Xbox 360 comes UFO Interactive giving us word that they'll be bringing Raiden 4 to the American market, also for Microsoft's system (UFO previously published Raiden III for the PlayStation 2). Originally released in Japan last October, Raiden 4 is a vertical shoot-em-up, and, obviously, the third sequel in the Raiden series, which was one of the first shooters to really use flashy, explosive effects to stand out in the crowd. Raiden 4 on 360 also uses Xbox Live to present global leaderboards and downloadable replays from top scorers, as well as downloadable content like extra ships.

Look for Raiden 4 from UFO in August on the Xbox 360.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174377

Is that a XBLA or Disc release? Either way gonna have to grab that eventually.
BTW this is the best $20 I ever spent on a new game in quite some time, tho technically more 360 games should release at $20 budget point (EDF and a bunch of other games for example). Glad to see MS is letting companies finally go below the $30 price point.

Finally ordered one. I was waiting for a good filler to get FSSS and the Banjo Kazooie deal just popped up over the weekend.... and the backlog continues to grow (though this one will most likely slide in to the top of the pile).

I had to buy a couple other things from amazon anyway so I pulled the trigger and ordered a copy. Too many raving approvals of the game from everyone here. I hate all of you! :)

I know this is the deal thread, but to entice others I have to add my raving review. I love this game. Super addicting and not asinine hard like some of the other shooters out there. Being able to customize the game to your skill level and still get achievements is awesome. Of course there are still the crazy-ass achievements that only the hardcore can shoot for.

I was on the fence since this is a genre I'm not too familiar with (loved Aegis Wing on XBLA) and I'm glad I pulled the trigger. This game is the bomb.

*puns are intentional and unfunny

This game is mind blowing! I haven't been this into vertical shooter since Ikaruga.

Even if you just have a passing interest in vertical shooters, BUY IT IMMEDIATELY!

Such a simple game (gameplay wise) but I keep playing it. I have over 10 hours in it already...and I just started playing it yesterday LOL

I dunno, I thought the three games in RFA were kinda boring compared to other shmups.

Granted, I still enjoyed the purchase, but it certainly isn't the second coming of the shmup.

[quote name='Vader582']Ok, question? RFA is in my Quick Picks at Amazon today for $18.99. Worth grabbing at $16.99 after ECA? Any reason to wait?[/QUOTE]

I think it's pretty good and worth $17, I guess the only reason to wait might be to see if you can get it cheaper *shrug*.

u guys have seriously not read this thread.. its a steal already at $20 lowered from $30. just get it for shaq-fu's sake

[quote name='Vader582']Worth grabbing at $16.99 after ECA? Any reason to wait?[/QUOTE] Hell yes. Hell no.

[quote name='ncc1701p']u guys have seriously not read this thread.. its a steal already at $20 lowered from $30. just get it for shaq-fu's sake[/QUOTE]
Nah, I've kept up with the thread...just needed a little nudging. ;)

So I may be the lone decenting voice here.
I loved Raiden I, II, & III. Some of my favorite shooters. And I love shooters.
I found Raiden Fighter Aces, UNBELIEVABLE BORING!
The graphics are subpar. The background and bosses all seem the same.
Different ships are cool, but that's it.

Very disappointed. I'll go back to my classic Raidens, Thunderforces, and MUSHA.

My disc will be going to GS or Ebay very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought it off of amazon. Doing my part....and will buy Raiden 4 when it comes. Heres hoping these sales help change the future of what shmups come to the usa and not remain japan exclusive. ( Thunderforce VI )

Sorry, this is a bit OT, but I just read this:

http://www.arcade-renaissance.com/2009/05/raiden-4-xbox-360-us-trailer.html

Looks like Raiden IV is going to be $39.99. I'm a bit surprised, with Aces being only $19.99. I'll still buy it as soon as it's released to give what support I can for the genre in the US market, but I can't help but wonder if the sales will be even close to that of Aces at that price point. Maybe they'll drop it down $10 bucks like they did with Aces, who knows?

[quote name='heavy liquid']Sorry, this is a bit OT, but I just read this:

http://www.arcade-renaissance.com/2009/05/raiden-4-xbox-360-us-trailer.html

Looks like Raiden IV is going to be $39.99. I'm a bit surprised, with Aces being only $19.99. I'll still buy it as soon as it's released to give what support I can for the genre in the US market, but I can't help but wonder if the sales will be even close to that of Aces at that price point. Maybe they'll drop it down $10 bucks like they did with Aces, who knows?[/QUOTE]

The press release doesn't mention price, so perhaps that website is mistaken.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, UFO updated their website this morning in anticipation of E3 and the MSRP is in fact $40 on Raiden IV. Hopefully this will see a pre-release price drop just like RFA, but it's a different publisher, so who knows. [/QUOTE]UFO released Raiden III on the PS2, and IIRC it dropped from $30 to $20 only a month after it's release at B&M stores. Hopefully this will follow suit.

bread's done
Back