Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='seanr1221']Not sure when I'm picking this up. March is going to be taken over by Smash for me...hmmm maybe early April before GTAIV?[/quote]

Oh yea... smash bros is coming out. Forget this game!

[quote name='help1']Oh yea... smash bros is coming out. Forget this game![/QUOTE]

How could you forget about Smash Bros!?
whee.gif

[quote name='seanr1221']How could you forget about Smash Bros!? :whee:[/quote]

I was ashamed at myself, too. :cry:

Guess I have been trying to avoid the Japanese leaks/spoilers.

I am excited for this.

Its a niche title so the hordes of COD4 fans will most likely look past it. Having a cover system along with only being able to take a few shots just brings so much more tactics into play. I love that about the game.

Have yet to read up on it a lot though. Hopefully the ranking system is different. I really dont want to spend 50 hours trying to level up when ranks 5-45 give virtually nothing for your efforts.

I just watched a preview for this on xplay and this game looks like RBSV 1.5 just like GRAW 2 was GRAW 1.5. Honestly it looks as if they changed NOTHING

I will still buy this game even if it will be a Rainbow Six 1.5 and UBI knows a lot of people will just b/c of the name. I did the same with GRAW 2 when I had GRAW 1.

[quote name='slickkill77']I just watched a preview for this on xplay and this game looks like RBSV 1.5 just like GRAW 2 was GRAW 1.5. Honestly it looks as if they changed NOTHING[/quote]

Its Ubi and it hasn't been long since the other one came out. What did you expect? Not to mention, people have set the standard for sequels way to high no days, its like they want a new game in a series to have a completely different feel than the others in the series.

What do you want them to do? Start making up guns? How about some special forces? Lighting bolts and Laser Eye beams sound good to you?

[quote name='help1']What do you want them to do? Start making up guns? [/quote]

I actually expect them to at least come out with known guns. I mean come on, it's not like this is Gran Turismo and they have to model each car to their qualities. The DLC for RSV was real lackluster... They better get better. It's what DLC is for if they aren't planning to come out with a new version in a short time.

[quote name='slickkill77']I just watched a preview for this on xplay and this game looks like RBSV 1.5 just like GRAW 2 was GRAW 1.5. Honestly it looks as if they changed NOTHING[/quote]

I saw this as well. It looks like RBSV 1.5, but they 'borrowed' the experience system from CoD4, so now you get experience with each kill. It seems like leveling up and getting the cool camos and stuff wont be such a pain.

After the preview I still plan on getting it.

I just want to get away from COD4 that badly. COD4 is just not my cup of tea.

I want more tactics less run and gun.

I just hope its worth it.

I've never played RSV so my opinion isnt a complete one. I was checking out some MP videos from the upcoming game and they look rather bland. I'll be frank, the graphics look awful. It looked like a last-gen title. I saw someone post a MP video on geevee and swore that he was trolling because the game couldn't possibly look like that. I was wrong. I'm not a graphic whore but I expect a certain level of quality.
Aside from graphics, the MP just didn't excite me. It looked decent, but nothing that will pull me from Halo and CoD4.

I'm interested in this, but I got burned on RSV when it came out, then dropped in price less than 2 months later. This time, I'm waiting.

I don't have the first one so I'm thinking about getting this. Will you be able to play the campaign cooperatively over XBL? I know you can play co-op but I wasn't sure if that meant both players have to be on the same console.

"True Identitly (20 points): 'Use the Xbox Live Vision to create a character with your appearance.'"

I wonder how many CAGers are going to get a Vision camera just to get the points. ;) Hehehe

[quote name='kenbo506']I don't have the first one so I'm thinking about getting this. Will you be able to play the campaign cooperatively over XBL? I know you can play co-op but I wasn't sure if that meant both players have to be on the same console.[/quote]

Just a warning, if this is your first Rainbow Six game, download a demo. This game has a unique sense of style and is defintely not for everyone.

[quote name='chasemurata']"True Identitly (20 points): 'Use the Xbox Live Vision to create a character with your appearance.'"

I wonder how many CAGers are going to get a Vision camera just to get the points. ;) Hehehe[/quote]

CheapyD's buttocks for sure. :D I'm assuming if you kill a person over multiplayer that you see their face? That'd be cool -- like the Burnout Paradise thing.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']CheapyD's buttocks for sure. :D I'm assuming if you kill a person over multiplayer that you see their face? That'd be cool -- like the Burnout Paradise thing.[/quote]

I'd love to face off against Cheapy in Vegas 2, or COD4 for that matter.

Ha, speaking of Burnout Paradise... Hopefully there is 'face recognition' software in place, or, more importantly, a 'crotch detector', as I'd hate to have to gouge out my eyes. x_x

[quote name='chasemurata']"True Identitly (20 points): 'Use the Xbox Live Vision to create a character with your appearance.'"

I wonder how many CAGers are going to get a Vision camera just to get the points. ;) Hehehe[/quote]

LOL. I had to track down a used vision camera so I could get the achievement in the first R6V. I thought that it was really fun to have my face on the mp character even though you couldn't wear bandanas or sunglases. Hopefully they'll fix that.

I might actually wait to buy this game since I am so busy right now with classes. I'm a huge rainbow player all the way back to RB3 on xbox, looking forward to this.

Woo Woo!

Cant wait for this one. Theres only 2 things im hoping for in this game. Everything else i dont give a shit if they keep it the same as #1 since R6V was badass.

1. More customization. More armor types, headgear, and all that shit. I'm a sucker for customization. #1 was good, but ide like some more options.

2. No more trigger spawning. I hated the fact that the baddies would only spawn when you reached a certain place. LVU, go touch the pay phones outside, boom 4 guys would run out the door. I dislike that. I want my baddies walking around, doing their thang, and not have every single terrorist hunt be the same exact thing. Shit was fun but ide like random spawning or just anything to make it not 100% the same every time.

Otherwise bring it on baby, i cant wait. Damn i need to finish Lost odyssey before this and smash bros comes out. Holy shit im not gonna have a life.

[quote name='sleepy180']Woo Woo!

Cant wait for this one. Theres only 2 things im hoping for in this game. Everything else i dont give a shit if they keep it the same as #1 since R6V was badass.

1. More customization. More armor types, headgear, and all that shit. I'm a sucker for customization. #1 was good, but ide like some more options.

2. No more trigger spawning. I hated the fact that the baddies would only spawn when you reached a certain place. LVU, go touch the pay phones outside, boom 4 guys would run out the door. I dislike that. I want my baddies walking around, doing their thang, and not have every single terrorist hunt be the same exact thing. Shit was fun but ide like random spawning or just anything to make it not 100% the same every time.

Otherwise bring it on baby, i cant wait. Damn i need to finish Lost odyssey before this and smash bros comes out. Holy shit im not gonna have a life.[/quote]I'm still hoping for the option to give orders to your AI teammates individually, so they can spread out and provide cover fire from different angles. This would add so much more strategy to the game, however, I highly doubt that will happen.:bomb:

[quote name='help1']Just a warning, if this is your first Rainbow Six game, download a demo. This game has a unique sense of style and is defintely not for everyone.[/quote]
I played the very first Rainbow Six years ago on the PC. I enjoyed it. I imagine it's changed a lot since then. But thanks for the heads up!

I just hope you can add facegear this time to your facemapped created character. Also, they better allow 2 users to be signed in to do co-op...the first one only allowed one user to be signed on, so the second local user would always have to be a guest.

New info from gamespy:
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas-2/854785p1.html

New video I haven't seen, and info on A.C.E.S and the new PEC.

Yes, to face mapping in MP and SP! Sweet.

Glad to see the pacing is still more tactical than frantic (Less COD4 more like R6V 1) I was scared with the addition of sprinting they were going to try and make this like COD4 or HALO in terms of how multiplayer (and to some extent) single is paced and played.

I like the R6V pacing more than COD4 because there is more importance placed on your multiplayer strategy and less emphasis on your twitch aiming speed.
I am excited again!

[media]http://ps3movies.ign.com/ps3/video/article/846/846249/r6_vegas2_devdiary1_011708_flv[/media]

[quote name='btcasa']LOL. I had to track down a used vision camera so I could get the achievement in the first R6V. I thought that it was really fun to have my face on the mp character even though you couldn't wear bandanas or sunglases. Hopefully they'll fix that.[/quote]

I need to check my local TRUs to see if there remain any Vision bundles.

>_>

[quote name='Kendal']I just got a $20 Best Buy gift card that I won. I am probably getting this game. I really miss Vegas Thursdays.[/quote]

Yeah, I also got a gift card for BB. Mines $25 because I bought a 32" LCD and a 42" plasma on Black Friday using my reward zone card. Got a call the other day saying I had to use it by March 24th or so.

God. Smash Bros Brawl is really making this a hard purchase for me. I don't know if i will have any free time once i get smash.

Great so now I have to beat the story mode three times this time around. Realistic, as the main guy and as the other guy.

Multiplayer achivements still look pretty easy this time around, outside of attaining the highest ranking if it's as hard as Vegas 1.

Atleast theres no host a 16 player match this time around.

Gamespot revealed the highest skill level in the game is a total of 400,000 in points. Each kill nets you 3 experience, and other difficult kills yield you more, and supposedly you earn experience even when your team mate kills someone. However, if you were to simply just kill people on your own with no help and no bonus points, that means you would have to kill 133,334 people just to reach the highest level in the game. Damn and I've only killed 18k in halo 3. This could be awhile ;)

Less than 2 weeks until release! Can't wait to play through the campaign with some CAGs and to bring back RB6V night! I keep checking the deals thread to see if Speedy has the ads for that week up yet. Hopefully there will be some decent deals on this, since I plan on picking it up on release day.

bread's done
Back