Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Gamespot revealed the highest skill level in the game is a total of 400,000 in points. Each kill nets you 3 experience, and other difficult kills yield you more, and supposedly you earn experience even when your team mate kills someone. However, if you were to simply just kill people on your own with no help and no bonus points, that means you would have to kill 133,334 people just to reach the highest level in the game. Damn and I've only killed 18k in halo 3. This could be awhile ;)[/quote]

Kills are not always 3 exp. Sometimes they are worth 5 or more. It depends on how you kill the enemies.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm interested in this, but I got burned on RSV when it came out, then dropped in price less than 2 months later. This time, I'm waiting.[/QUOTE]
I was about to pre-order it online, but then I remembered it's an Ubisoft game. That's the exact reason I held off. I'm going to get it, but I don't know if I'll get it at release or if I'll have the patience to wait.

[quote name='Santurio']What do you guys think is better, the exclusive gun from BestBuy or the exclusive map from Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I was hoping to PM target's deal ($10 GC) at Bestbuy. Gun Code + $10 GC, YA!

[quote name='sasukekun']I was hoping to PM target's deal ($10 GC) at Bestbuy. Gun Code + $10 GC, YA![/QUOTE]

well played! Sounds like a good idea, now I just have to pull it off. My local BB is very iffy on PM'ing GC deals.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']So who's going to want to be in charge of Vegas 2 CAG night?[/QUOTE]

I plan on running a night on the Friday after it comes out, the 21st probably around 9 PM EST.

I don't know how much time I'll have to "run" them as I move closer to graduation in the beginning of May, but I will definitely participate and host if needed. And I can help run it this summer, as I'll be freeeee.

[quote name='sasukekun']I was hoping to PM target's deal ($10 GC) at Bestbuy. Gun Code + $10 GC, YA![/quote]

is it worth paying full price for the game for the gun that you get at best buy?...

any info on the map being offered by gamestop?

I really haven't looked that hard, but I have seen little to no info to help me decide if it is worth spending $60 and getting the gun, or the map, or the $10 gift card

[quote name='ryanbph']is it worth paying full price for the game for the gun that you get at best buy?...

any info on the map being offered by gamestop?

I really haven't looked that hard, but I have seen little to no info to help me decide if it is worth spending $60 and getting the gun, or the map, or the $10 gift card[/quote]

These are the only images I've seen. Though if its limited to GS, I wonder how many people you'll be able to play it with...I mean how many codes will be out there.

I am participating in a Call of Duty 4 tourney on the 19th. I hope I can peel myself away from this game. I am so amped for this game.

Kendal, Dave, Wowous, and myself...

I am starting to remember the glory days of playing with the three of you on RB6:V.

Memories of CAGs stacking up in that hallway in the Library.
*peek out* headshot
*next person peeks out* headshot
*stack up behind the wall* frag x4

[quote name='toper']$39 (!) this Thursday at Fry's...I was gonna pass on this, but at that price I may not be able to. :)[/quote]

No way! Thanks for pointing that out, definately going to pick it up there :D.

I feel special because this will be my first RB6 because I never played it on PS2, Xbox, or the first RB6: Vegas on 360 and I already have two clan invites from people I play COD 4 with so I will be getting this on the first day.

[quote name='toper']$39 (!) this Thursday at Fry's...I was gonna pass on this, but at that price I may not be able to. :)[/QUOTE]

Thursday eh? Happen to have a scan? I want to PM this on Tuesday.

[quote name='mvp828']Kendal, Dave, Wowous, and myself...

I am starting to remember the glory days of playing with the three of you on RB6:V.[/quote]

We are going to have to do that again! I can't wait. I actually rebought R6V to play on Thursdays.

Vegas night was always a favorite of mine. Seemed like we got a nice sized crowd and I didn't horribly suck at that game (as I do at COD4).

There is a Rainbow Six clan gamertag, but I don't think chipch, the person that started it, updates it anymore. So, anyone interested in setting up a gamertag for this one? I can if no one else is up for it, though I'm running out of silver accounts.

[quote name='toper']$39 (!) this Thursday at Fry's...I was gonna pass on this, but at that price I may not be able to. :)[/quote]

I was going to hold off till it hit $30...but you twisted my arm...$39 is good enough. I'll try to PM this at Best Buy.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Vegas night was always a favorite of mine. Seemed like we got a nice sized crowd and I didn't horribly suck at that game (as I do at COD4).

There is a Rainbow Six clan gamertag, but I don't think chipch, the person that started it, updates it anymore. So, anyone interested in setting up a gamertag for this one? I can if no one else is up for it, though I'm running out of silver accounts.[/quote]

Sadly, I don't think I'll be involved on the RSV2 CAG games as I was on the first game. Those were the days...*sigh*

[quote name='HighlightShow']Tomorrow....[/quote]

..is the ship date, with most stores not having it until Wednesday.

..except GameCrazy, who's same-daying it, so i'll have my limited edition tomorrow night :)

[quote name='Scorch']..is the ship date, with most stores not having it until Wednesday.

..except GameCrazy, who's same-daying it, so i'll have my limited edition tomorrow night :)[/quote]

No GC near me....ARGH!! Gotta wait for Wednesday! HULK SMASH!!!!

btw...feel free to add my gamertag for "Vegas Nights" : CarbonTiger

There's nothing to add your gamertag to, just to clarify.

If it's left to me, I'll do the clan tag, but I'd love for someone else to make a run at it.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']
There is a Rainbow Six clan gamertag, but I don't think chipch, the person that started it, updates it anymore. So, anyone interested in setting up a gamertag for this one? I can if no one else is up for it, though I'm running out of silver accounts.[/quote]

I sent a FR to the CAG GT a week ago and its still pending. If you are looking for someone to create one and maintain it, I will volunteer. Just let me know.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as Fry's here in Pittsburgh so I guess I'll just pick it up from Target or try to PM at BB. Maybe this is a dumb question, but why is this a ship Tuesday arrive Wednesday game at B&M stores? Doesn't most media (music/movies/games) still get released on Tuesdays?

Anyone want to run through the campaign on Wednesday?

This is the text on gamestop.com for their map:

"Pre-order Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and receive the code to unlock the Comcast Optimized MLG map! Optimized for more intense multiplayer face-off, this GameStop exclusive is only available through pre-order. Offer is good while supplies last. Codes and instructions for how to unlock the map will be included in the game's box. See stores for details."

How in the world is it exclusive to Gamestop if it's included in the game? I wouldn't think Ubisoft would put this into just select titles that are marked for delivery to Gamestop. With Lost Odyssey, the code sheet was shipped seperately from the game, or was in an extra case you had to take to the register to pre-order the game at BB and CC. Also this map is shown in the video diaries Ubisoft has been putting up on the marketplace so if it's so exclusive, why show a map 2/3 of your audience can't get?

[quote name='slickkill77']Its 53.99 at buy.com and 43.99 with GCO[/quote]As much as I dislike buy.com, I think I might buy it at that price. With GCO, of coarse.

Ok everyone, I will be setting up & maintaining the CAG Rainbow Six GamerTag. First things first... what should we settle on for the GT? I was thinking just something like CAG RB6V or CAG Vegas, but I'm sure the creative minds of CAG can think up something better. Regardless of what we settle on, one thing I do suggest is still starting it off with "CAG" so it stays near the top of our friends lists. All suggestions are welcome!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sadly, I don't think I'll be involved on the RSV2 CAG games as I was on the first game. Those were the days...*sigh*[/QUOTE]

C'mon, LP! We need to get the "HCC" to rise-up again!

:)

[quote name='toper']C'mon, LP! We need to get the "HCC" to rise-up again!

:)[/quote]

True...I'll do my best to try to get in on the matches at least once a week.

BTW: Glock what about "CAG R6V2"

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Ok everyone, I will be setting up & maintaining the CAG Rainbow Six GamerTag. First things first... what should we settle on for the GT? I was thinking just something like CAG RB6V or CAG Vegas, but I'm sure the creative minds of CAG can think up something better. Regardless of what we settle on, one thing I do suggest is still starting it off with "CAG" so it stays near the top of our friends lists. All suggestions are welcome![/quote]

Thanks for stepping up! My FR to the original CAG RSV gamertag has been pending for quite awhile now. :drool:

[quote name='anomynous']One of the people on my friends list has this already, he was playing it Saturday night........[/quote]

I've seen two other people playing as well, and was told that they have "Connections" and to stop asking questions. :whistle2:$

As far as name of CAG lists go, CAG R6V2 was a good suggestion from LinkinPrime. Or maybe something like "CAGBow Six" if you want a end all/be all Rainbow Six series list. Wish it was as easy to make names up with this as some of the others where....CAGs of War, CAG Fotress 2, etc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']These are the only images I've seen. Though if its limited to GS, I wonder how many people you'll be able to play it with...I mean how many codes will be out there.
[/quote]

Does anyone know for sure if this map will be available anywhere else because I don't want to buy from Gamestop if I don't have to but I will if it's the only way to get the map without begging someone here for a code.

bread's done
Back