Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Is this true? Was anyone able to pick up the game today? I called a GS last night and they said not until Wednesday. I will probably stop at a place or two on the way home to check, either way.[/quote]

Just came back from picking it up and while I was there I noticed several others picking up their preorders. I didn't see any on the shelves however, so unless you preordered, getting it today may not be the case.

[quote name='Razzuel']Anyone else think that this looks like an expansion pack and who else likes the old PC Rainbow Sixes better, such as Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield?[/quote]

Oh, nothing can beat Raven Shield.

The thing is, I'm not really a PC gamer, and the games I'd like to play on PC (such as Rainbow Six) I probably can't because of my system. I'm just happy that they realized their error and got off the path of Lockdown.

[quote name='Mojimbo']That's only for ranked Team Deathmatch. If you set up a player match you can change the number of respawns.[/QUOTE]

But don't we wanna own fools in Ranked? C'mon Mojimbo.

Hope you guys like it. I had a guy pissed about the respawns and actually traded it in. Needless to say, I grabbed it. That's gotta be the quickest used copy ever.. he bought it and traded it in within 2 hours!

[quote name='Scorch']Hope you guys like it. I had a guy pissed about the respawns and actually traded it in. Needless to say, I grabbed it. That's gotta be the quickest used copy ever.. he bought it and traded it in within 2 hours![/quote]

Wow. That's probably the dumbest thing ever. I would be somewhat disappointed too, but that frustration just gave Gamestop (I'm assuming) like $30 in profit :roll:.

[quote name='RudyPants']Wow. That's probably the dumbest thing ever. I would be somewhat disappointed too, but that frustration just gave Gamestop (I'm assuming) like $30 in profit :roll:.[/quote]

GameCrazy, and yeah. If it makes you feel better, I used credit, so it was $39.99 after my discount. They only made $7 :p

I told him he should just wait and sell it to someone he knew, but he said he just wanted to get it the hell out of his possession.. far be it for me to deny myself a cheap copy of RSV2! I just put the difference on GTAIV :)

[quote name='Scorch']Hope you guys like it. I had a guy pissed about the respawns and actually traded it in. Needless to say, I grabbed it. That's gotta be the quickest used copy ever.. he bought it and traded it in within 2 hours![/quote]

Some people have WAY too much money.

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy, and yeah. If it makes you feel better, I used credit, so it was $39.99 after my discount. They only made $7 :p

I told him he should just wait and sell it to someone he knew, but he said he just wanted to get it the hell out of his possession.. far be it for me to deny myself a cheap copy of RSV2! I just put the difference on GTAIV :)[/QUOTE]

:whee:
^^Scorch after completing the trade-in and buying it.

Heads up...free R6V2 gamerpic up in the marketplace, downloading it registers you to to some R6V2 contest.

0mdsb2JhbC9ECgUNBxwAF1VbL3RpbGUvMC8yODAwMAAAAAAAAAD9kw7H.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Heads up...free R6V2 gamerpic up in the marketplace, downloading it registers you to to some R6V2 contest.

0mdsb2JhbC9ECgUNBxwAF1VbL3RpbGUvMC8yODAwMAAAAAAAAAD9kw7H.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up! Awesome gamerpic.

I bet that's the chip that comes in the limited edition.

[quote name='primetime']Just came back from picking it up and while I was there I noticed several others picking up their preorders. I didn't see any on the shelves however, so unless you preordered, getting it today may not be the case.[/quote]

Stopped at a couple places on the way home and everyone told me it was shipping today and they wouldn't even have their copies until noon on Wednesday. I was told that I could put down a $5 pre-order to guarantee my copy though... ;)

primetime, I see your Steelers avatar, did you pick this up in the Pittsburgh area? If so what store was it?

Less than 12 hours... :bouncy:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']On another note, another CAG Mojimbo (IIRC) mentioned that R6V2 pulls your data from R6V2 and you automatically rank up a couple levels, but if it does that, you get cheated from getting the achievement. Not sure if they'll release a patch on release date to fix this issue but I'm backing up my R6V file to my memory card first and removing it from the HDD to make sure.[/quote]

The Ubi forums mention that a patch has been approved, but has not released it yet. I will probably just back up my data as well just to make sure I get the 1st achievement. It shouldn't take too long to level up to Private First Class for the achievement. Can anyone confirm that deleting out your old RB6V files fix this problem? I have read that resetting your rank in RB6V2 does not work.

I'm going to get this afternoon as long as my BB has it, since I have a $20 RW Certificate to use, and no Frys around.

Should I start a new thread about having a night on Friday?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']The Ubi forums mention that a patch has been approved, but has not released it yet. I will probably just back up my data as well just to make sure I get the 1st achievement. It shouldn't take too long to level up to Private First Class for the achievement. Can anyone confirm that deleting out your old RB6V files fix this problem? I have read that resetting your rank in RB6V2 does not work.[/quote]
I can attest that you get ranked up if you have a R6:V save. I got 1250XP and jumped a rank or two right off the bat (didn't have to go into MP either). Hopefully they are able to fix this with a patch, even for those of us who already started the game. If not, I'm not too interested in achievements so I can live without that one.

Free gun Code:

http://cheapyd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4103422&postcount=15

For the Free Gun code, I believe they are:

(from Gamespot)
PS3
at the main menu screen
(Hold R1) Triangle, Down, X, Left, Square, Right, O, Left, Left, Right, Square

When you are customizing your character. (Changing guns + clothing)
(Hold RB) Down, Down, Up, Up, X, B, X, B, Y, Up, Up, Y.
I believe you get the "TAR21" gun...whatever that is. I haven't tried out the gun yet, but I can confirm it works.

[quote name='Scorch']Thanks for the heads up! Awesome gamerpic.

I bet that's the chip that comes in the limited edition.[/quote]I'll let you know if it is or it isn't the one in the LE, as I pre-ordered the LE.

Wednesday seems like a better game night, but either is cool. I'm around rarely enough to not have a voice in the matter. Hopefully this comes shortly (YourFree360Games.com, so who knows when it'll come).

[quote name='MSUHitman']So is it 100% conformed from someone who bought the game at Gamestop that the code in the OP is the MLG LV Convention Center map?[/quote]

I'm confused on that whole thing...GS says:
Pre-order Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and receive the code to unlock the Comcast Optimized MLG map! Optimized for more intense multiplayer face-off, this GameStop exclusive is only available through pre-order. Offer is good while supplies last. Codes and instructions for how to unlock the map will be included in the game's box. See stores for details.

WTF does "Optimized" mean? Is it the same map but with MLG banners or are they just talking out of their ass?

Anybody get the fuzzy dice from Circuit City if you purchased it there? I was just wondering how it looked like since I'm debating whether to PM at Best Buy or Circuit City.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm confused on that whole thing...GS says:

WTF does "Optimized" mean? Is it the same map but with MLG banners or are they just talking out of their ass?[/quote]

I will find out for sure tonight. The map is a sticker on the front of the game.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Wednesday seems like a better game night, but either is cool. I'm around rarely enough to not have a voice in the matter. Hopefully this comes shortly (YourFree360Games.com, so who knows when it'll come).[/quote]

I'd prefer Wednesday game night.

The local Target didn't have this in stock yet (1:30 EST). WTF. Guess I'll have to snag it on the way home from work.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Hmm, we were playing that MLG Las Vegas map last night on Terrorist Hunt so I'm not sure what the deal is with that one.[/quote]

I think I read on gamefaqs that it's the same map but with rearranged furniture.

On the Ubisoft forums they are saying there is another MP map available if you have an ubi.com account. See below:

Streets Multiplayer Map
Step 1 Go to Main Menu of Vegas 2
Step 2 Select "Extras"
Step 3 Log into your UBI account via menu
Download and play.

i love how it says on the box "Plan your assault on breathtaking new Vegas hotspots alone or with up to three friends in a massively upgraded co-op mode."

they say it like it's for the t-hunt and story mode. very deceiving..

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Hopefully this comes shortly (YourFree360Games.com, so who knows when it'll come).[/quote]

ugh... I've had my face plastered to the progress area. :bomb:
1041.gif
img%5D

Which gun it that?

The TAR 21 stinks and you unlock it pretty soon too. I was hoping for something slick like the Army of Two preorder guns that were actually exclusive.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Which gun it that?

The TAR 21 stinks and you unlock it pretty soon too. I was hoping for something slick like the Army of Two preorder guns that were actually exclusive.[/quote]

No idea...just bought my copy from Best Buy and that's all it says. "Exclusive Best Buy Assault Rifle", must be a new secret weapon that shoots PRP's and PSP's at peeps.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Aw mang, that's the same code as the one Scorch posted last night so it's the TAR 21 again.

Thanks anyways.[/quote]

This one says to do it at the main menu though so not sure if it will do something different or if they just fucked up with all of these damn codes.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']On the Ubisoft forums they are saying there is another MP map available if you have an ubi.com account. [/quote]

Yeah, you get the map "Streets" from the first rainbow six vegas game. It's the map with two buildings (on on each side) and an small open area in the middle with corridors underneath.

See the map from the first vegas game here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoG05DUqK0

[quote name='Mojimbo']Nah, I put in that code in the main menu cause that's the only place I could get it to work. Definitely the same gun.[/quote]

Oh...my bad, I got everyone's hopes up for nothing. I really hate all this code bullshit...why can't they just include everything in the game? I'd take a Best Buy billboard in game over having to look for and enter shitty codes any day.

Yeah, that's really lame that BB claims it as an exclusive when other stores are giving away the same code and you can get it without a code in like 3 levels anyways.

Wow I can't believe it... Wal-Mart actually got in their copies today. Needless to say I bought one when I clocked out for launch break. They only had the normal editions (was looking for the limited one but probably not worth it anyways).

Gonna pop this sucker in in a few seconds...

[quote name='chex20']Yeah, you get the map "Streets" from the first rainbow six vegas game. It's the map with two buildings (on on each side) and an small open area in the middle with corridors underneath.

See the map from the first vegas game here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoG05DUqK0[/quote]

That was one of my favorite maps. And the one that was a hanger/office building

bread's done
Back