Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='Monsta Mack'] Just keep in mind the framerate/game willl still seem just as slow, not CoD4 pace which doesn't bother me one bit but other people who knows...
[/quote]

I've read they increased the general speed of the game a bit, and the framerate is buttery smooth, but I could be wrong.

I'm really psyched about this game. I beat the first one and played through it almsot two full times. I really liked the realistic weaponry/loadtimes/damage they put into this game. Though I hardly ever used shotguns I really liked the weapons in RB6.

I dabbled w/ the MP but really loved this game for its SP squad combat (I'm a sucker for squad combat) and tactics above all else.

Loved the frag and clear/breach and clear/smoke and clear/flash adn clear tools and using them where appropriate to just dessimate a room full of baddies.

[quote name='Monsta Mack'] Theres now Sprinting[/quote]

Oh man! you mean I can actually get around BEFORE getting shot? xD

Anyone else unimpressed by the vids? Gameplay doesn't look all that much better or different than the first, and it looks like they ripped off a few things from COD4.

I'll likely still play and enjoy this, but it's looking like COD4 is better right now.

I've been playing COD for a while, and while I like it, I don't like the run and gun as much as the find cover system of Vegas. I can't wait!

I just wished they would have left the 4 player co-op in the game.

Do they have a melee knife swipe or butt of the gun to enemy's head or anything now?

[quote name='silent h3ro']You guys should check gametrailers.com as they have a few more gameplay vids. Too bad whoever was playing it sucks.[/quote]

Nice, thanks for the heads up.

Wow... I hope if I go online (which it looks like I won't... again) I encounter them a lot. xD

Anyway, Looks like bullets can partially go though walls near doorways? Like car games really should have damage, shooters should have realistic "shoot though walls" features by now...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Anyway, Looks like bullets can partially go though walls near doorways? Like car games really should have damage, shooters should have realistic "shoot though walls" features by now...[/QUOTE]
COD4 lets you shoot through walls. Its not perfect but I'd say its pretty damn good.

If you act now, for an additional $10 you can upgrade your RSV2 for the Collectors Edition:

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 Limited Edition
  • Includes Collectible Poker Chip Key Chain
  • Limited Edition Bonus Disk
  • Exclusive Strategy Video: With insider tips and secrets from the developers, pro gamers, and Frag Dolls you won't get anywhere else.
  • Pro Gamer Interview: Get an exclusive look at the life of a pro gamer with MLG player FinestX.
  • MLG Pro Circuit '07 Season Highlights: Watch the pros take on the most heated matches of '07.
  • Tom Clancy's EndWar(TM) Sneak Peek: Join the Frag Dolls for a hands-on look at the latest thrilling game in the Tom Clancy arsenal.

What a waste...

Best Buy has the game for preorder and they claim that you get an exclusive in-game weapon with pre-order. It wasn't on the case so I'm assuming it will be available ingame.

All "collector's edition" are is a way to suck people into spending that much more on the same thing... Should be called "Sucker's edition".

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you act now, for an additional $10 you can upgrade your RSV2 for the Collectors Edition:

What a waste...

Best Buy has the game for preorder and they claim that you get an exclusive in-game weapon with pre-order. It wasn't on the case so I'm assuming it will be available ingame.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think BB may get my preorder for that.

The single player on Vegas was really fun, and I recently tried the online a few days ago and wasn't amazed. But with the multilayer videos that were shown recently gave me a little more interested in the online mode.

This game can't get here fast enough. Playing hardcore on COD4 and having moron people team kill everybody is really getting old... As soon as I get this game COD4 is gone...

I haven't played the first one but this has certainly caught my eye so might need to go back and pick it up.

I probably won't be buying this, since I have fallen sucker to too many tom clancy games now, but I will play a MP demo if they release it. I played the MP demo for Vegas 1 more than I did the actual game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any word if the Face Mapping feature will be used in this game?[/QUOTE]

I don't think officially, but I think it's a safe bet.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any word if the Face Mapping feature will be used in this game?[/quote]

Why would they take it out? It worked great in the last game. My friends and I were all grey skinned zombies! I hope that they allow you to add sunglasses and hats to your facemap this time.

I want this so bad for some reason. CANT WAIT. Also, GRAW online sucked before, just a watered down peice of crap. Rainbow six was excellent online with so much empshasis on it, how could it end up being bad.

Just watched a few videos on IGN about the new Raven Shield (one of the BEST R6 games) maps for MP. That, right there, set my mind that this is a day 1 purchase for me. It sucks that I won't be able to play much until after this semester is over, but I remember a few games where us CAGs got together and it was so kick ass. I may have to trade in COD4 because I have a feeling that R6:V2 may take up any MP time I have.

Is it March yet!?
banghead9lo.gif

Oh and... GRAW = RSV w/o balls

[quote name='help1']I probably won't be buying this, since I have fallen sucker to too many tom clancy games now, but I will play a MP demo if they release it. I played the MP demo for Vegas 1 more than I did the actual game.[/quote]

I agree. They change almost nothing with their games...slap a new number on the back, add new maps and release yearly

[quote name='slickkill77']I agree. They change almost nothing with their games...slap a new number on the back, add new maps and release yearly[/quote]

You make that sound like it's a bad thing. Have you ever ever played CoD 1-3? Do you cry about that? Do you whine about Half Life Episodes 1 and 2? Hitman?

Besides, what the hell would you like for them to change? Oh, I know, this year let's give them laser guns and the ability to fly! They have, in fact, changed quite a bit for vegas 2. Co-Op is revamped, sprint is now available, graphics have been improved, as well as the framerate, and there is a completely new leveling system with more gear to unlock.

From the comments you make, I doubt you've ever really put much time into any of the R6 games, so you wouldn't know how much fun they are. The game has been out a year and a half now I think everyone who played it is very excited about new content.

[quote name='creeeaature']You make that sound like it's a bad thing. Have you ever ever played CoD 1-3? Do you cry about that? Do you whine about Half Life Episodes 1 and 2? Hitman?

Besides, what the hell would you like for them to change? Oh, I know, this year let's give them laser guns and the ability to fly! They have, in fact, changed quite a bit for vegas 2. Co-Op is revamped, sprint is now available, graphics have been improved, as well as the framerate, and there is a completely new leveling system with more gear to unlock.

From the comments you make, I doubt you've ever really put much time into any of the R6 games, so you wouldn't know how much fun they are. The game has been out a year and a half now I think everyone who played it is very excited about new content.[/quote]

I played Vegas and Rainbow Six Raven Shield, Athena Sword and I played the XBOX 1 ports. They don't really change all that much from game to game, especially ones in the same series, as are these two.

I think R6:V was a huge leap from the previous games, which were really meant to be played on PC, not a port. I really enjoyed Raven Sheid/etc on the PC, but they didn't work as well on the Xbox. I think that Vegas was really the first R6 game that worked perfectly on the 360. I am really looking forward to R6V2, even if it's "more of the same," but even the multilpayer seem greatly improved be incorporating the COD4-type system.

RB6:V on the 360 was soo badass. I still really enjoy co-op story mode. I'll be playing with a friend and we will come up to a door, one of us will snake it and tell the other what is going on. Then we'll make a plan (okay you take out the two guys to the left, I'll get the guy right in front and then cover the middle and right side). We will actually count "one...two...three.." and we will bust in and half the enmeies (about 5 or 6 will be dead in the first 2 seconds before the rest have time to take cover and return fire.

Sick!

I hope they bring back compatibility with the headset. The R6 titles on Xbox were sweet with the squad commands and radio chatter coming in over the headset.

Hopefully there will be some decent deals when this comes out because I would like to pick this up on the release date. RB6:V was the 1st game that I really got into playing alot over live on 360 and the CAG nights we had were good times. Can't wait for some co-op campaign, and who doesn't love playing hour after hour of T-hunt just to rank up to elite? ;)

IGN updated their site with the known weapons of RSV2:

M468 Assault Rifle
6.8mm assault rifle
High powered weapon
Fires 750 rounds per minute
Effective combat range of 600m
Ideal for defeating armoured targets
Best suited for long range encounters

M468 Assault Rifle

VZ83 SMG
.380ACP SMG
High rate of fire
Trades accuracy for higher power
Excellent for short deadly bursts

VZ83 SMG

Type05 SMG
5.8mm SMG
High accuracy weapon
Lightweight for easy handling
Excellent short range weapon

Type05 SMG

AUG Para SMG
9mm SMG
Compact design
Modified for CQB
Low Recoil

AUG Para SMG

FNC Assault Rifle
5.56mm assault rifle
Compact and accurate
Fires 850 rounds per minute
Ideal for Close Quarter Combat
Excellent close range assault weapon

FNC Assault Rifle

L85A2
5.56mm assault rifle
Tactical version
30round magazine
Enhanced accuracy

L85A2

AKS74U
7.62mm Assault Rifle
High powered rounds
Compact weapon made for CQB
Trades accuracy for more power

AKS74U

500 Tactical Shotgun
12gauge military shotgun
High Rate of fire
Deadly in close quarters
High penetration makes this ideal for defeating cover

500 Tactical Shotgun

SR25SD Sniper Rifle
7.62mm Sniper Rifle
High Rate of fire
Integrated Silencer
Perfect for silent sniping

SR25SD Sniper Rifle

L96 Artic Warfare Sniper Rifle
7.62mm bolt action rifle
10 round magazine
High powered rifle

L96 Artic Warfare Sniper Rifle

TAR21 Assault Rifle
5.56mm assault rifle
Compact and accurate
Fires 850 rounds per minute
Ideal for Close Quarter Combat
Excellent close range assault weapon

[No pic]

P99 Pistol
.40 S&W Caliber
12 rounds magazine
Military pistol
Provides a good mix of accuracy and stopping power

[No Pic]
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/854/854284p1.html?RSSwhen2008-02-22_121400&RSSid=854284

I like how you know what games I have played. I have played Rainbow Six(loved it), RBSV(wasnt bad), GRAW 1, 2 (same games). YOu know why I am complaining....because people that buy and the people that make these games stiffle game innovation. When people buy these games it becomes like madden. The developers dont even try anymore. Thats why I am not supporting this game...

Wait this game has sprint???? Holy crap how so next gen!!!

bread's done
Back