(Randomly OOS @ EB.com) Paper Mario (GC) $20 at EB B&M & EB.com - Back at $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clerk at my EB said it was a sanctioned drop, so it probably isn't a pricing error. There were half a dozen sealed copies at my store, at least 3 of which didn't have the "Best Seller" logo. Thanks for the deal, OP!

ok so many posts im confused

can i buy paper mario online and use the voucher for an online purchase using the packing slip as my reciept and recieve an email for an online voucher code?

[quote name='jkam']Just got my online EB code (good timing) from the Syphon Filter deal and used it to order this. Not as good as the in store deal but at least I didn't have to spend the $20 out of my pocket. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

just making sure, you still have to pay shipping right? I doubt you can combine the code with SAVER. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

[quote name='cag1000']ok so many posts im confused

can i buy paper mario online and use the voucher for an online purchase using the packing slip as my reciept and recieve an email for an online voucher code?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. EBgames has stated that the brick and mortar and online stores are one entity. This is the reason that they now charge sales tax for online orders, and allow in-store pickup, etc.

Just pickup the game today along with Ebgames May Catalog ($20 Gift Voucher inside) is mean i get the game for FREE. Also, I did Pricematch with CC and pickup extra copy for $16.99 (Bought it b4 i hit EB store) :)

Still waiting for Symphony Filter $20 Voucher...................!!

OK for all of you confused out there. This I can confirm works.

I bought both Hot Shots and Syphon Filter in tha last promotion. I bought them both online, but on separate purchases. I then went to EB B&M and got the Rebate forms in-store. They had the same forms online but they worded a little weird, so I went with the in-store ones. I mailed 2 separate envelopes. Each envelope had the rebate form from B&M and the Invoice that came in the package with the particular game. I received 2 separate $20 codes via e-mail. I will be doing the same thing for Paper Mario.

Also, when I purchased Paper Mario today, I ordered a cheap pre-played game, then used the following codes.

Cag15
Saver
$20 rebate code
My Edge card

All the codes worked. Just one note, if I put the edge card in before the rebate code, the rebate code wouldn't work. Once I put the codes in the same order as above, all the codes worked.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='hotwls13']OK for all of you confused out there. This I can confirm works.

I bought both Hot Shots and Syphon Filter in tha last promotion. I bought them both online, but on separate purchases. I then went to EB B&M and got the Rebate forms in-store. They had the same forms online but they worded a little weird, so I went with the in-store ones. I mailed 2 separate envelopes. Each envelope had the rebate form from B&M and the Invoice that came in the package with the particular game. I received 2 separate $20 codes via e-mail. I will be doing the same thing for Paper Mario.

Also, when I purchased Paper Mario today, I ordered a cheap pre-played game, then used the following codes.

Cag15
Saver
$20 rebate code
My Edge card

All the codes worked. Just one note, if I put the edge card in before the rebate code, the rebate code wouldn't work. Once I put the codes in the same order as above, all the codes worked.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I will be doing the same thing then since I already ordered it exactly the same way. Worse comes to worse I lose some postage.

Oh kickass! Thank you!

I was on the fence for buying Pikmin 2 @ $30 for a friend's upcoming birthday, needed to find something else to buy alongwith to justify the shipping cost... and here it is! I've wanted Paper Mario 2 since it came out... but wasn't willing to spend over $20 for it. And here it is! Woohoo! Now to try to figure out how to get it free via that voucher, ehehehehe...

All you need is the receipt and the gift voucher, you don't need the UPC. So you have nothing to figure out. Hope your friend enjoys the free game. :)

I just picked mine up B&M. The best part of it is that the clerk gave me both a regular reciept and a gift reciept, so I could mail in the regualr receipt for the gift voucher, then use the gift reciept to take back Paper Mario for store credit. So it's essentially $20 cash for $40 EB credit. Not bad!

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I just picked mine up B&M. The best part of it is that the clerk gave me both a regular reciept and a gift reciept, so I could mail in the regualr receipt for the gift voucher, then use the gift reciept to take back Paper Mario for store credit. So it's essentially $20 cash for $40 EB credit. Not bad![/QUOTE]

Way to break the law there buddy.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']So it's essentially $20 cash for $40 EB credit. Not bad![/QUOTE]

Watch out, Pierre. You might end up giving asshats a bad name. :D

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I just picked mine up B&M. The best part of it is that the clerk gave me both a regular reciept and a gift reciept, so I could mail in the regualr receipt for the gift voucher, then use the gift reciept to take back Paper Mario for store credit. So it's essentially $20 cash for $40 EB credit. Not bad![/QUOTE]
You, my friend, are a leech. You also seem to have an over-the-top obsession with money.

Got one at my BM. What was horrible though, the lady had to go through an entire stack of Paper Marios to find me one that was sealed...... I'm tired of the "Display Copies". Thankfully she found ONE.

[quote name='KongaKing']Got one at my BM. What was horrible though, the lady had to go through an entire stack of Paper Marios to find me one that was sealed...... I'm tired of the "Display Copies". Thankfully she found ONE.[/QUOTE]

When I got Pikmin 2, I bought it from this guy named Rob at EBgames in Bend, Oregon. He was in my class in high school, and much like everyone else I knew, he was always a dickhead. He tried to make the argument that it was the same thing, never been played. Pretty much the same argument that everyone else who works there makes, except he was pretty much talking down to me the whole time. Not so much talking, but you could see it in his attitude. I eventually started to let a bit more of my asshole personality show through and he backed off.

[quote name='spacemanvt']anyone know why it says Bestseller! on the packge instead of having the Greatest Hits Yellow thing on the top?

thats weird[/QUOTE]

Best Seller in Japan.

Went to 2 Ebs and no damn sealed copies. Forced with a "gutted" one. What the hell, no one keeps anything fucking sealed anymore?!?.... Talked to District Manager and Manager of both EBs and they feel this is a price mistake and may be changed immediately. Thus, I was forced to go sloshing thru this torrential rain to get it.....I got the catalog for the voucher but forgot to get a reprint of my receipt...doh.!

[quote name='cheetospuffs999']Guys, what does B&M mean if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

Brick and Mortar. It means we went to a real store, not a .Com

[quote name='slidecage']why would someone buy tons of these i mean its sold old they wont turn profits will they? im happy with the one i got WOOOO even though its a open store display a Free paper mario 2 you cant pass up (after rebate)[/QUOTE]

New copies still get sold on Ebay for around 35... about 15 dollars profit on each sale.

I got if Free! What timing! EBgames mailed me a $20 coupon today... just in time to get this Paper Mario game.

I didn't really like Paper Mario 1 (far inferior to Mario RPG), but I thought I'd give this game a try anyway, to see if it improved with new programmers. If not, I can sell it on Ebay for ~$20 and make a nice profit.

:)

troy

[quote name='Roufuss']New copies still get sold on Ebay for around 35... about 15 dollars profit on each sale.[/QUOTE]

not quite

i figure by the time you pay taxes and listing fees you be lucky to break 10 buck profit if it sell for 35.. looking at ebay looks like they fetch closer on avg 26-32

so after tax and listing fees and paypal pushes it to around 23-25 thats only 3 --- 9 buck profit per game. Then the hassel of driving to the post office and making sure the people get their game. For Avg 6 bucks per game it wouldnt be worth it i wouldnt think

[quote name='slidecage']not quite. I figure by the time you pay taxes and listing fees you be lucky to break 10 buck profit if it sell for 35.. Then the hassel of driving to the post office and making sure the people get their game.[/QUOTE]Smart ebay sellers don't pay fees. They charge them to the customer via the "shipping & handling" = $4-5. (And before someone has a fit, I want to point out that amazon, sears, and other retailers do exactly the same thing. Stores don't pay their own bills... they charge them to the customer.)

So $35 auction price +$5 handling fee - $5 ebay/paypal fees - $20 purchase price = ~$15 profit for each game.

Also, you seem to doubt a seller could get $35, but I don't. I bet I could sell a Paper Mario Sealed game for close to store retail price ($40)..... I'd probably get $35.

I bought FF10-2 for $50... and turned around and sold it for $55. I bought Skies of Arcadia for $40 and sold it for $49. Many people don't look for bargains. They just buy it, and don't care how much they pay. We Ebayers profit from their foolish spending.

;-D

ASIDE: Oh, and in case someone's wondering - No, I didn't hoard the Paper Mario games. I bought just *one* for myself. I've got a job now that pays $40 an hour, so Ebay sales are no longer attractive to me.

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']Smart ebay sellers don't pay fees. They charge them to the customer via the "shipping & handling" = $4-5. (And before someone has a fit, I want to point out that amazon, sears, and other retailers do exactly the same thing. Stores don't pay their own bills... they charge them to the customer.)

So $35 auction price +$5 handling fee - $5 ebay/paypal fees - $20 purchase price = ~$15 profit for each game.

Also, you seem to doubt a seller could get $35, but I don't. I bet I could sell a Paper Mario Sealed game for close to store retail price ($40)..... I'd probably get $35.

I bought FF10-2 for $50... and turned around and sold it for $55. I bought Skies of Arcadia for $40 and sold it for $49. Many people don't look for bargains. They just buy it, and don't care how much they pay. We Ebayers profit from their foolish spending.

;-D

ASIDE: Oh, and in case someone's wondering - No, I didn't hoard the Paper Mario games. I bought just *one* for myself. I've got a job now that pays $40 an hour, so Ebay sales are no longer attractive to me.

troy[/QUOTE]

what you do that pays 40 per hour

I got the last sealed one at the Racine store . . . used my $10 voucher from Splinter Cell Chaos. Now I can use this PN voucher on RE4 (or whatever is on deep discount in 6 weeks)

I bought PM on release at Target for $16.88 (mostly wanted to see if I could use the Wind Waker raincheck on it). But dumped it on ebay for $40 . . . don't know why . . . thought it would be cheaper some day. But didn't know it would be free!

[quote name='Alien Spider']Damn, I guess I should have waited and got Pikmin 2 instead. >_< I've played it for a couple of hours and I definitely think its worth $30, but I still would have liked to have gotten it cheaper...:(

I never would have imagined it dropping $10 lower than $30 so soon. I wonder, if I were to buy another copy @ $20, take that copy with the invoice that says $30, what's the return policy for taking a new item back to a B&M store? Something like 14 days, right?

Anyway, an excellent find![/QUOTE]

if you bought it within 14 days, you could go back and get another one for $20. Then return that one with $30 receipt.

I ran over to EBgames B&M and picked one up. They were already remarked on the shelf @ $20. The employee commented that it must have just dropped since the pre-owned price was still higher. So he didn't know about the price drop yet.

I almost paid $30 for this last week, $20 with a $20 gc is an awesome deal. The wife will be very happy!

Thx OP, and thanks to whoever noticed it was valid B&M!

[quote name='Richard18']if you bought it within 14 days, you could go back and get another one for $20. Then return that one with $30 receipt.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking also. But I'm wondering now if it worth the hassle of driving over an hour to the nearest EB, getting the game, taking it back home, driving back the next day...I'll probably burn more in gas than the $10 I'd save. It'll be more hassle than its worth, and I'm completely satisfied with paying $30 for PM 2, its just the fact that 3 days after I get my copy, it goes $10 cheaper...that irritates me. >_<

Eh well. Who could have foreseen such a situation take place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back