RecycleBank.com Thread - NO SELLING/TRADING of EA codes

There's a side advert you can use to get 1/3rd of the miller coors quiz for 10 points. After, you can do the full one for 30 more points.

Not positive on this part, but I think it may disappear after you take the 30 point quiz.

Also, I suck at flash and reading source so maybe there's a way to pull the link up for it. But yeah... if you're setting up a new account and you're the cheapest of cheapassgamers, you may wanna keep F5ing until "u get dem 10 pts!"

just got a $15 off a 360/ps3 game coupon code , thanks OP :)

not sure what to buy with it though. Torn between Skate 2 on the PS3 or Godfather 2

[quote name='meatwad3000']just got a $15 off a 360/ps3 game coupon code , thanks OP :)

not sure what to buy with it though. Torn between Skate 2 on the PS3 or Godfather 2[/QUOTE]

Last I knew it takes 15 off everything in the cart, so go for both.

so you're saying if I used a $15 code it'd get me both games for $10? since it'd take $15 off each game or just $15 off the $40 order making it $25?

[quote name='meatwad3000']so you're saying if I used a $15 code it'd get me both games for $10? since it'd take $15 off each game or just $15 off the $40 order making it $25?[/QUOTE]

It's 15 dollars off all* (for some reason, a few games don't get discounted, so don't be surprised that happens to you) games in your cart. So if you ordered 2 separate 360/PS3 25 dollar games, it would take off 15 dollars off each game, making the games 10 dollars each and your total for the order 20 dollars.

[quote name='kilm']It's 15 dollars off all* (for some reason, a few games don't get discounted, so don't be surprised that happens to you) games in your cart. So if you ordered 2 separate 360/PS3 25 dollar games, it would take off 15 dollars off each game, making the games 10 dollars each and your total for the order 20 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I think the total would actually be ten dollars.

Two 20 dollar games - 15 dollars each = 10 dollars total not counting tax and shipping.

Can anyone confirm if you're able to use both the $10 off PC game code AND the 50% off when you buy 2 or more PC game?

Haven't redeemed my code since it'll expire in 30 days.

[quote name='bastiartadi']Can anyone confirm if you're able to use both the $10 off PC game code AND the 50% off when you buy 2 or more PC game?

Haven't redeemed my code since it'll expire in 30 days.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, the 360 cheapest 360 titles we're on sale for $17.95 instead of $19.95, however when i input my code it canceled the original discounted price so i'd assume two codes would not work.

Why not do it on seperate orders? The shipping is free!

The $10 off pc and $15 off xbox or ps3 games codes will work for every game in your cart. So if you have four $20 xbox games and then use the $15 off code, your total will update from $80 to $20. (There do appear to be a few random titles that don't work, don't know why or what off hand)

You can use the $10 off PC games code on $10 games, if the game is available for download. (Even then some will simply not work, namely the better titles, but for the hell of it I did get a few titles including Sim City 4 for free)

No other promotions will work with it, be it a sale on an xbox game of the current PC buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. So basically when you are looking at the items you have to decide, is $20 off a better deal than the b1g1-50%

Shipping on EA is currently free but this is temporary.

Debating making a new account to get a 2nd $15 off coupon and just saving it for later. All of those $30 games are going to drop to $20 at some point, and there is bound to be free shipping again sometime soon...

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, OP! I really like this, especially the fact that you can get points for recycling your old electronics.

I can confirm that

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™
Medal of Honor Airborne™
Mirror's Edge™ Pure Time Trials Map Pack

Don't work with the 10 dollar EA code

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BudzMcGee']
No other promotions will work with it, be it a sale on an xbox game of the current PC buy 1 get 1 50% off sale. So basically when you are looking at the items you have to decide, is $20 off a better deal than the b1g1-50%

Shipping on EA is currently free but this is temporary.

Debating making a new account to get a 2nd $15 off coupon and just saving it for later. All of those $30 games are going to drop to $20 at some point, and there is bound to be free shipping again sometime soon...[/QUOTE]

Actually, the b1g1 half off does work with the $10 code. I put Dragon Age: Origins ($20) and Mirror's Edge ($10) in my cart, used the $10 code to make Mirror's Edge free, and DA:O rang up as $5 ($20 - $10 code - 50%). Would have pulled the trigger on it, but couldn't justify the $5 when I only have $8 in my bank account.

[quote name='crunchberries']Actually, the b1g1 half off does work with the $10 code. I put Dragon Age: Origins ($20) and Mirror's Edge ($10) in my cart, used the $10 code to make Mirror's Edge free, and DA:O rang up as $5 ($20 - $10 code - 50%). Would have pulled the trigger on it, but couldn't justify the $5 when I only have $8 in my bank account.[/QUOTE]

Well then I stand corrected. That appears to be the exception then, since it won't even take the $15 off of a sale price on an xbox game.

I thought I tried that to be honest, but maybe I didn't add two games over $10 to really make sure.

Ordered on Saturday the 4th got my games today. Dead Space and NFS Undercover are great and for $4.95 ea. Thanks

must have misted it

checked out the ea store and you can use the $15 off on every game in your cart so $15 off each game for some reason though wont work for hot pursuit 2 that is already at $38 was hopeing to get that one $15 off to $23 for a new release would be great.

and free shipping

thanks op
this reminded me i had my b day coupon still (25% off) so i decided to do this and get the $15 off per game and the 25% off and it worked and i got free shipping too!!!

so i ended up getting
all ps3 saboteur,
skate 2,
2 copies of army of two 40th day,
dante inferno divine edition.
total $44 (including tax)

2 copies of army of two cause ive got a friend of mine who loved the first one and for that cheap i nabbed him one so we can play online together.

so i am damn happy.
thanks op :)

[quote name='pyoobez']Anyone try PC games on the new sale?

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/Cont...asid=EAStore-HolidaySale6_8_herobanner_BuyNow

If it works, Saboteur, Battlefield 2: Complete, Crysis: Warhead, NFS: Pro-Street will be eligible.

Oh, and Sims 2 Double Deluxe which will combine with all other Sims 2 add-ons.[/QUOTE]

Those are considered promotional prices. These codes negate promotions for the item they're used on, so it's $10 off the standard price.

In other news, I've been having trouble using the codes, recently. On my main account, it simply doesn't accept them anymore (it may be because I'm still downloading a game). On a secondary account, I've found that games at around $5 don't work with the code (tried on Spore Creature Creator, will test others). Anybody know if there's a promo-code limit, or a way around the $5 block?

[quote name='ErezYehuda']Those are considered promotional prices. These codes negate promotions for the item they're used on, so it's $10 off the standard price.

In other news, I've been having trouble using the codes, recently. On my main account, it simply doesn't accept them anymore (it may be because I'm still downloading a game). On a secondary account, I've found that games at around $5 don't work with the code (tried on Spore Creature Creator, will test others). Anybody know if there's a promo-code limit, or a way around the $5 block?[/QUOTE]

Ah, wasn't sure with the promotions.

The $5 gaming this is weird. Although, during the Wendy's promotion when they were giving out $5 off codes, they weren't working on those games either.

[quote name='ErezYehuda']Those are considered promotional prices. These codes negate promotions for the item they're used on, so it's $10 off the standard price.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Sims 2 University rings up at the promo price in the cart pre-code. Adding the code just makes it free. I tried it last night when I bought out the rest of the under $10 expansion packs I didn't have for the Sims 2.

[quote name='0_0']Are the codes stackable?[/QUOTE]

no, nothing stacks.

The only thing that stacks is free shipping but i believe thats only for the holidays.

Complete list of PC games under $10 that work with the $10 off code (i.e. you can get all of these for free with one code). Games that use securom are denoted with a *, for those of you who care about that.

EA Sports FIFA Manager 09 *
FIFA Soccer 10 *
Littlest Pet Shop
Mirror's Edge *
MySims
NFL Head Coach
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack
The Sims Castaway Stories
The Sims Pet Stories
The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff
The Sims 2 Seasons

These games have worked in the past, and may be free again in the future if the prices go back down:
The Sims 2 Apartment Life
The Sims 2 Best of Business Collection *
The Sims 2 Free Time
The Sims 2 University Life Collection *

Remember you can also buy some games over $10 in the same order, you just won't get those for free.

I tested everything that is currently under $10. Let me know if you find anything else that works. Also, note that some of these games require you to own other games or are just terrible in general.

[quote name='Pollox']Complete list of PC games under $10 that work with the $10 off code (i.e. you can get all of these for free with one code):

Mirror's Edge
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
The Sims 2 Seasons
The Sims Pet Stories
Littlest Pet Shop
EA Sports FIFA Manager 09
MySims
FIFA Soccer 10
NFL Head Coach

I tested everything that is currently under $10. Let me know if you find anything else that works. Also, note that some of these game use securom, require you to own other games, or are just terrible in general.[/QUOTE]

I got a few other Sims 2 things to work, a few weeks ago.

Sims 2 Best of Business Collection
Sims 2 Free Time
Sims 2 University Life Collection

and I'm thinking I forgot to grab another Sims 2 pack that was marked $10.

[quote name='Pollox']Complete list of PC games under $10 that work with the $10 off code (i.e. you can get all of these for free with one code):

Mirror's Edge
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
The Sims 2 Seasons
The Sims Pet Stories
Littlest Pet Shop
EA Sports FIFA Manager 09
MySims
FIFA Soccer 10
NFL Head Coach

I tested everything that is currently under $10. Let me know if you find anything else that works. Also, note that some of these game use securom, require you to own other games, or are just terrible in general.[/QUOTE]

I got Sims 2: Apartment Life and Sims 2: Fun With Pets to work a few weeks ago as well. Did they raise the price since then or what?

Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 complete are not working for the PC code. Battlefield BC2 Vietnam however does. $4.99 works with Steam :)

[quote name='pyoobez']I got a few other Sims 2 things to work, a few weeks ago.

Sims 2 Best of Business Collection
Sims 2 Free Time
Sims 2 University Life Collection

and I'm thinking I forgot to grab another Sims 2 pack that was marked $10.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='crunchberries']I got Sims 2: Apartment Life and Sims 2: Fun With Pets to work a few weeks ago as well. Did they raise the price since then or what?[/QUOTE]

It looks like they raised they raised the prices on these. The ones I checked are listed now for $19.95 ($13.37 with promo, but the coupon code wouldn't stack with the current promo).

wow thanks. I was able to get a ton of free games and BFBC2 Vietnam for $5

The Nature Made codes didn't work for me though

I seem to be unable to sign up. :( It asks me for a code. What is the difference between the basic account and the code-based account?

And the codes no longer work. I guess that's expected since I found the UPC code for Nature Made posted as far back as May. The questions you answer in the 30 point quizzes are also in ads for 10 point quizzes, and you don't have to answer them correctly to get the points. I just got 175 points, enough for the $10 off EA PC games reward.

And by the way, can you use this with the current promotion they're running?

[quote name='Blade']I seem to be unable to sign up. :( It asks me for a code. What is the difference between the basic account and the code-based account?[/QUOTE]

I think they only ask for a code if you're signing up as a customer of their recycling service. The basic accounts don't ask for one, as far as I know.

bread's done
Back