Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='life.exe']Especially since you can unlock them in game.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe the golden guns you unlock in the game are the same as those from the Amazon preorder. The unlockable golden guns, from my understanding, only occurs in multiplayer. The Amazon preorder golden guns are for single player only, and they help increase your fame.

[quote name='crunchewy']I guess I need to check how much the gamestop codes are worth. Can you get that outfit in game anyway? I don't care too much about the soundtrack either.[/QUOTE]

I have seen some people say that the outfit is unlockable anyway, but I don't believe it. I put in my code last night, and my available outfits went from 13 to 14, and now includes the Deadly Assassin outfit.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that you have to complete certain challenges to get most of the outfits, so people assumed that the Deadly Assassin outfit could be obtained that way without the preorder code. They thought the preorder code just got you the outfit early, without completing challenges. But that was incorrect. Without the code, you will not be able to earn the outfit.

[quote name='John187']How do you unlock the golden chests and where the heck is the horseshoe pits?

---> thanks :)[/QUOTE]There's a horseshoe pit at the ranch you start out at. It became available after doing a few missions for Bonnie. Might have been one of the cattle roundup missions. It's by your bunk on the backside of the ranch. A horseshoe will designate it on your map. Horseshoes may be more cumbersome than poker. Takes half a in game day to play unless you get a ringer or two.

[quote name='sublime90']yup. during the cut scene for "american appetite" the man who has a "broken leg" was invisible! john was standing there talking to the air, after the cut scene he appeared. same with the guy you have to chase down and bring back, both were invisible during the cut scene, made me mad. anyone else getting stuck behind rocks and fences sometimes with you horse to? sometimes thats a little awkward.[/QUOTE]I've seen a few glitches, but nothing too bad yet. The "broken leg" guys were normal for me and not invisible, so like a Sam's Club sale that may be YMMV.

FYI, apparently you can only accept one bounty at a time. If you pick up a second poster the first one disappears from your inventory. Also, they are only posted for a certain amount of time and then disappear. Unless that was a bug.

[quote name='jdawgg76']FYI, apparently you can only accept one bounty at a time. If you pick up a second poster the first one disappears from your inventory. Also, they are only posted for a certain amount of time and then disappear. Unless that was a bug.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they'll come back. There are 20 Bounties that are required for the 100% completion. I believe there are only 20 Bounties in game as well. Just like your stranger missions. There are 18 required for the 100%. I failed American Appetite's 3rd part the 1st time. Had to wait an in-game day or 2 for it to restart.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I have seen some people say that the outfit is unlockable anyway, but I don't believe it. I put in my code last night, and my available outfits went from 13 to 14, and now includes the Deadly Assassin outfit.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that you have to complete certain challenges to get most of the outfits, so people assumed that the Deadly Assassin outfit could be obtained that way without the preorder code. They thought the preorder code just got you the outfit early, without completing challenges. But that was incorrect. Without the code, you will not be able to earn the outfit.[/QUOTE]

Ahh. In that case I'll use the code. I don't feel a need to cut the cost of the game more anyway. I already got it dirt cheap from gamestop when the 25% + 10% codes were working, plus $10 coupon. Woohoo!

[quote name='sublime90']yup. during the cut scene for "american appetite" the man who has a "broken leg" was invisible! john was standing there talking to the air, after the cut scene he appeared. same with the guy you have to chase down and bring back, both were invisible during the cut scene, made me mad. anyone else getting stuck behind rocks and fences sometimes with you horse to? sometimes thats a little awkward.[/QUOTE]

Ok! That wasnt just me... that sucked, it seemed like an awesome scene. But it was invisible...

[quote name='$hady']Have a extra unused golden guns code if anyone wants to trade for maybe another code make offer.

LOVING THE GAME! :D[/QUOTE]CML or i have paypal. only code unused i have is for a Just Cause 2 Unlock and Batman AA Bat Armor and a Flashback Map Pack for Gears 2

most creative way i have killed people so far:

- Chick says, " help me mister!!" then jacks my horse.. i know this game... so i call my horse who bucks her off, i grab my horse then sling her up with the lasso and drag her to town to the train station then walk my horse up to the open platform ( takes some work ) and let her dangle there while the train takes off dragging her for miles across the tracks.

- same as above but i rescued her from a kidnapping, instead of untying her, took her promptly to the depot and set her on the tracks.... got the dastardly achievement for that.

- took a bounty, tracked him down and killed his cronies... lasso'd him up and took him to just up into the hills where the wolves are more numerous while fending off his buds, then dropped him on the ground and when his friends started coming agin, threw down some animal bait on top of him, then shot his friends horses, kneecapped them, and watched the coyotes and wolves and one cougar tear them up. killed them all, looted and skinned them and collected my pay.

- hog tied a ton of people in Thieves, dropped them all on the saloon porch, then went to my room across the way, stood on the balcony and shot the kerosene lamps to ignite them and watched them all catch fire.

- play 300 and start bar fighrs in Armadillo then run up the stairs, when they come up i kick them down the stairs yelling " THIS IS SPARTA "

- piss off the law and hide in a building with a door, when they run up to enter the door, shoot it with a shotgun, the force of the door slamming has killed a couple.

- MY FAVORITE: Just hogtie someone then carry them to the caboose of the train, drop them in and make them ride it forever until they starve to death.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']How come the 2nd level of Dead Eye is crappier than the 1st? It was much more precise just slowing down time...[/QUOTE]
You are absolutely right. I liked the 2nd level for awhile, but after awhile I wish I could just go back to the 1st level dead eye.

are they going to fix the online soon? i'd really like to play it.

also i think its stupid how you are out in the wilderness and kill someone with nobody around...but you gain notoriety for it. if nobody is around to see the murder, how can you gain notoriety for it? doesn't make sense. my only real gripe so far with the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhWtJUsOLno (might be processing)

involves me and a horse and a wagon in the background

[quote name='Sigma']You are absolutely right. I liked the 2nd level for awhile, but after awhile I wish I could just go back to the 1st level dead eye.[/QUOTE] level 3 is pretty much the same as level 1 but with the added manual X targeting

Last edited by a moderator:
15 hours and 34 minutes total playtime and I only just stepped foot into Mexico :lol:

Also, to whoever was concerned earlier, bounties do indeed show up again if you missed out the first time.

Downloaded my soundtrack too. It's pretty awesome.

Man they need to put out a HUGE patch that fixes all these bugs in this game. It's insane...

Even in Poker, you'll play a hand and it would say like "You win with two Jacks" although you never had any jacks... it came to the point where it was just saying different things from what the picture of the cards were. How are you suppose to play?

I haven't encountered any bugs yet. *knock on wood*

Although, this could be a bug. Seems kind of weird. As previously stated, I have about 15 and a half hours worth of playtime and am just stepping foot into Mexico. But I've noticed that I haven't been gaining any honor lately. My current rank is "Hero". Is this the max? I have been good at every possible opportunity during the whole game.

Buggery. Amazon emailed me the golden guns code and I sold it for $15, now the guy's saying it's invalid. Is that what it says in-game when the Social Club servers are fucked up? Game still hasn't arrived and probably won't be here until Monday so I have no idea.

so of course... just like every open world/ gta/ oblivion/ etc games, I ended up killing everyone (idk what's wrong with me...)

i now need $500 to clear my name, is there any other way to get around this? i only have like $80, lmao

make sure to save before going on a killionaire, and when you turn on the game load up YOUR save. i accidentally saved my autosave over MY save and my perfect(being clean) record was smashed

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']i now need $500 to clear my name, is there any other way to get around this? i only have like $80, lmao[/QUOTE]
pardon slip

Anyone else with Gold Guns notice that your other guns aren't gold? Just my 1st Revolver & Repeater are gold. I've purchased the Volcanic Revolver, Double Barrel Shotgun, & Winchester Repeater and none of those are gold. I want the Fame but the 1st guns suck. Do you know if the alternate guns still double fame as well?

[quote name='GUNNM']yeah codes are still fubar for some maybe the new patch will fix that[/QUOTE]

Oh, good. Hopefully the guy won't freak out and think I'm ripping him off when I say keep trying. So I assume you can play free roam by yourself, right? That sounds like it might be a decent "Dick around" arena since you'll also be leveling up. Sounds like you don't get access to the minigames like poker though, which is a bummer.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Anyone else with Gold Guns notice that your other guns aren't gold? Just my 1st Revolver & Repeater are gold. I've purchased the Volcanic Revolver, Double Barrel Shotgun, & Winchester Repeater and none of those are gold. I want the Fame but the 1st guns suck. Do you know if the alternate guns still double fame as well?[/QUOTE]

I noticed this, too. I found a Volcanic Revolver on the body of some dumbass that tried to steal my horse, and I was like "aww, it's not gold."

[quote name='Fjordson']15 hours and 34 minutes total playtime and I only just stepped foot into Mexico :lol:

Also, to whoever was concerned earlier, bounties do indeed show up again if you missed out the first time.

Downloaded my soundtrack too. It's pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]I figured bounties would repost or it was an infinite spawn deal. I was just pointing it out so people would know. Instead of going back and forth just to do a bounty I thought I'd just start the mission and then actually do the bounty next time I was in the area and that I could pick up more than one in the meantime.

Is GTA4 this fun? I just checked out the beginning and then shelved it into my backlog for now. Seems like I do that at first with every GTA.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Anyone else with Gold Guns notice that your other guns aren't gold? Just my 1st Revolver & Repeater are gold. I've purchased the Volcanic Revolver, Double Barrel Shotgun, & Winchester Repeater and none of those are gold. I want the Fame but the 1st guns suck. Do you know if the alternate guns still double fame as well?[/QUOTE]
nope. just the cattleman's revolver and the repeater carbine are gold and give you more fame. the schofield revolver is my fav atm, its got such powerful shot.

I'd like a definitive answer on this as well. I'm ~13 hours into the game and so far the starter guns are working fine (I get mostly headshots so I'd like to see someone survive that), but I'd like to upgrade to the higher-level guns soon without missing out on some fame farming :p

Just played an hour online without getting booted. The only thing that sucked was that there was only 3 other people in the free roam.

Doing a gang hideout mission really increases your XP. I went from level 1 to almost level 6 doing 1 mission.

What does money do online? I have 700 in cash or so.

Though I already pm'd the original person that offered this, he has not replied yet so I thought I'd post this in here too. I have a Golden Guns code from Amazon that I'd be willing to trade for a code for an XBLA game such as :
Mega Man 9 or 10
Toy Soldiers
Catan
Zeno Clash

If anyone is interested, pm me and let me know!

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not but...
riding into Mexico for the first time with that song playing in the background was soooooooo epic

so i hit 18 hours in, have mastered five finger fillet in my sleep, got the gentlemans outfit, deadly assassin, the nice suit ( forget the name ) that lets you cheat at poker, the duster coat, the regular one, got all 45 locations, 11 bounties, 5 duels, pikes challenge, 174 world events, all maps, all currently available guns, lucky rabbit foot, upgraded camp, all the houses ( 6 i think so far ), got a knockout in every saloon, drank myself into a coma and actually made it to the street once, found at least 30 ways to kill people in different mean fashions, seen all the movies, still suck at horseshoes, killed 672 horses of mine, teabagged a lawman, shot a duelist in the balls 8 times in dead eye, skinned 15,000lbs worth of meat, and thats just off the top of my head... i think im ready to move to the next area...

this game is epic. its gonna be a while before i get into MP when things work out onthe servers and what not but it is totally worth the money

Woooo! Got my game from Amazon today! Not bad for free shipping. I checked and I don't have a code in the box and I pre-ordered (it was in my email). I can't wait to play!

[quote name='pimpinc333']How do you get the Outfit for joining the Rockstar Social Club? Is it the Gentlemens Outfit ?[/QUOTE]

If you're registered for the Social Club, you need to link your Gamertag with the Club. Press start and select the Social Club menu option. Then sign in with your email address (From Social Club) and you'll link the account. You'll get 7 cheats unlocked as well as the Gentleman's Outfit the next time you save.

[quote name='whiptcracker']How do you get a knockout in a saloon? Every guy I fight goes down for a moment and pops right back up again.[/QUOTE]

Revolver

Darknessbear,
Were there a pair of Jacks on the board? If there were that is technically the correct way to say the hand (you won because a card in your hand was higher than anything on the board on in your opponents hand.)

Woot! Amazon dropped this on my doorstep today. Can't wait to get home and pop it in. Imma go cougar hunting tonight. And then play some Xbox. ;)

All right so I got the game today from gamestop.com. I bought both the PS3 and 360 version and the thing is the PS3 version is shrink-wrapped while the 360 version has the y fold wrap. Has anyone else gotten the PS3 version like this also?

Also. is the code for the assassin outfit supposed to be e-mailed to me or is it inside the game case?

[quote name='twicwborn']All right so I got the game today from gamestop.com. I bought both the PS3 and 360 version and the thing is the PS3 version is shrink-wrapped while the 360 version has the y fold wrap. Has anyone else gotten the PS3 version like this also?

Also. is the code for the assassin outfit supposed to be e-mailed to me or is it inside the game case?[/QUOTE]

It is inside the case.

[quote name='twicwborn']Also. is the code for the assassin outfit supposed to be e-mailed to me or is it inside the game case?[/QUOTE]
The code for the outfit and my soundtrack were on a card inside the game case. Behind the map/poster. But that was in-store at the midnight release. They might handle online orders differently.

I love the way Mexico looks. And the music that plays as you enter the zone is epic. Work has been slowing me down but I can't wait to dive into some missions.
Landon Rickets
is a really cool character. Fantastic voice work, too. Is that the same guy who does Colonel Cambell from Metal Gear? Definitely sounds like it.

[quote name='AshesofWake']god i want this game sooo badly after watching video reviews, SO BROKE ABOUT TO SELL BODY AND ALL MY 360 GAMES OH GOD. lol[/QUOTE]

Do like I did and trade in at Gamestop *shudder*. They have the "trade 2 select titles get $40 off" for RDR. Some older/disco stuff on there, but not much.

[quote name='reddjoey']Do like I did and trade in at Gamestop *shudder*. They have the "trade 2 select titles get $40 off" for RDR. Some older/disco stuff on there, but not much.[/QUOTE]

yeah i saw that list but i only have 1 of those games haha. :(

Question for all the players who are longer into the game:

Is it ok to sell all the pelts, antlers, meat, and etc. you get from the animals you skin?

[quote name='Freemason']so i hit 18 hours in, have mastered five finger fillet in my sleep, got the gentlemans outfit, deadly assassin, the nice suit ( forget the name ) that lets you cheat at poker, the duster coat, the regular one, got all 45 locations, 11 bounties, 5 duels, pikes challenge, 174 world events, all maps, all currently available guns, lucky rabbit foot, upgraded camp, all the houses ( 6 i think so far ), got a knockout in every saloon, drank myself into a coma and actually made it to the street once, found at least 30 ways to kill people in different mean fashions, seen all the movies, still suck at horseshoes, killed 672 horses of mine, teabagged a lawman, shot a duelist in the balls 8 times in dead eye, skinned 15,000lbs worth of meat, and thats just off the top of my head... i think im ready to move to the next area...[/QUOTE]
:shock:

I'm about 2-3 hours in, have farted around with a few missions and a bit of exploring, and that's about it. At my pace, it will be August before I get to this point. :lol:

bread's done
Back