• LEGO Worlds
  • MLB The Show
PS4/XB1 $14.99

• Skyrim Special Edition
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Knack 2

Last Update: 02/3/2018

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm such a dumbass and this is my second time buying games from Redbox. I was meant to buy them but found out I freaking rented them lol. I immediately returned them back to the kiosk and carefully made sure I purchased them on the second transaction.

Man WTH Redbox. I clicked on the "buy games" icon, picked the games I wanted, and then clicked on the "Add" button, and I assumed I was good so I quickly checkout by hitting okay on everything. What you're supposed to do is click on the gray out "Buy $4.99" icon, not the "Add" button. Did they change it or something?

*** Rule of advice for first time buyer: Take your time at the kiosk and read carefully ***

Basically I got Dark Souls 3 and Doom PS4 for $17.62 instead of $11.00.

P7AUayR.jpg

YoJwL3f.jpg

sOEc6fU.jpg
Happened to me a few times but luckily I decided to double check and fixed it before I finalized the transaction.

I'm such a dumbass and this is my second time buying games from Redbox. I was meant to buy them but found out I freaking rented them lol. I immediately returned them back to the kiosk and carefully made sure I purchased them on the second transaction.

Man WTH Redbox. I clicked on the "buy games" icon, picked the games I wanted, and then clicked on the "Add" button, and I assumed I was good so I quickly checkout by hitting okay on everything. What you're supposed to do is click on the gray out "Buy $4.99" icon, not the "Add" button. Did they change it or something?

*** Rule of advice for first time buyer: Take your time at the kiosk and read carefully ***

My mom did this when I sent her to buy me Halo 5 last year (she lives in a nicer less populated area). She called them and they gave her a refund on the rental cost.

P7AUayR.jpg

YoJwL3f.jpg

sOEc6fU.jpg
Did this today with doom, called customer service and explained what happened and they credited me the rental fee and I returned and repurchased it.

Did Redbox have a Black Friday/Thanksigiving Weekend sale last year?  Wondering if I would be wise to wait for next weekend before snapping up Knack II.

bought wwe 2k17 ps4. looks new. WIll try to buy doom and maybe dark souls tomorrow.

Thinking of flipping some 360 games. I tried to back read and couldn't find more info about 5$ trade in bonus. Is this for Pro members only?

bought wwe 2k17 ps4. looks new. WIll try to buy doom and maybe dark souls tomorrow.

Thinking of flipping some 360 games. I tried to back read and couldn't find more info about 5$ trade in bonus. Is this for Pro members only?
GS reps sometimes give customers a business like card that gives you an extra $5 when you trade-in. There is usually a date on the card (mine was two weeks) you have to trade-in your games by. You should go in before you trade in the games and ask them for it. I doubt they'll give it to you when you bring in your games but you never know.

GS reps sometimes give customers a business like card that gives you an extra $5 when you trade-in. There is usually a date on the card (mine was two weeks) you have to trade-in your games by. You should go in before you trade in the games and ask them for it. I doubt they'll give it to you when you bring in your games but you never know.
The $5 trade card is dead as of November 1.

Ordered FF15 for $9.99 to add to my collection.

Finally watched the prequel movie so Now the story makes a lot more since

Received my first phony. Wasn't a paper copy, but somebody meticulously peeled the sticker off NBA 2K17 and put it on a beat up copy of NBA 2K16. Actually didn't even notice the wrong game until I got home. But did see that somebody had tried tampering with the sticker. I'll give them props for removing it well enough to get it on the other disc

The only way they can probably stamp out this paper spoofing problem is by getting new machines or new parts them, I imagine that would be more expensive for them than their current refunding route.

it's dead trig

Edit: my mistake... I forgot to refresh the tab. Didn't see the earlier response.

Don’t buy multiple copies of the same game, for the same system if you’re planning on trading them in at GameStop. They will only take one. Madden 17 has an excellent tiv if you can find it.

P7AUayR.jpg

YoJwL3f.jpg

sOEc6fU.jpg
Almost rented TMNT for PS4 by mistake today. I just read the total carefully and it said I was trying to rent. Nope. Backed out and started over. I know for certain I chose buy at the beginning.

Don’t buy multiple copies of the same game, for the same system if you’re planning on trading them in at GameStop. They will only take one. Madden 17 has an excellent tiv if you can find it.
POS will allow up to 4. I usually do just two at a time. Why bring unneeded attention to myself. Throw a few others in to buffer the transaction. Never an issue.

I bought 17 games on Sunday, was shocked that I got 0 paper copies but more shocked at how pristine the discs were. Only a 360 Madden had a little wear on it.

Picked up FFXV for $10. The disc is pristine like nobody rented it before.

Ordered Agents of Mayhem for $5.

-Update- Picked up Agents of Mayhem. Perfect condition.

Almost rented TMNT for PS4 by mistake today. I just read the total carefully and it said I was trying to rent. Nope. Backed out and started over. I know for certain I chose buy at the beginning.
First time I bought from Redbox, I had never actually rented from it before, so I didn't know the process. When the discs came out, I didn't realize they were mine (I thought it was some error from someone returning it). So, I let it suck the game back in.

Ended up having to purchase it a second time and emailed Redbox to get the charge reversed for the first one

Ok so installed my disk copy of Doom and it requires an update of 58 GB, WTF. I have the PC version and its only 67 GB. The X enhanced patch shows on the site as still in development so why is the patch so big?

Ok so installed my disk copy of Doom and it requires an update of 58 GB, WTF. I have the PC version and its only 67 GB. The X enhanced patch shows on the site as still in development so why is the patch so big?
6.66 Update - Free MP and Title Update

I just wanted to play the story - took all evening and into the early morning to do the update.

got fake games yesterday.  1 bootleg copy of texaschainsaw massacre with the game sticker  and 2 papers of just the inside rings.  

did a live chat and they were able to refund the money. 

Is Doom required to be patched to support PS4 Pro (I’m on 1080p so wouldn’t need the patch for HDR or 4K if they don’t downsample)?

Or is it maybe one of the ones that gets better frame rates from boost mode unlatched?

Picked up Doom today. A few fingerprints but it's in great condition. I wanted Agents of Mayhem but none of my local Redbox's had it. :whistle2:(

First time I bought from Redbox, I had never actually rented from it before, so I didn't know the process. When the discs came out, I didn't realize they were mine (I thought it was some error from someone returning it). So, I let it suck the game back in.

Ended up having to purchase it a second time and emailed Redbox to get the charge reversed for the first one
So you bought some games from a kiosk and were confused when it spit out those discs?

Bought Doom the other day, but it had weird residue on it and some serious scratches. Won't play at all. In these instances you just E-mail their support for a refund or something, correct?

Bought Doom the other day, but it had weird residue on it and some serious scratches. Won't play at all. In these instances you just E-mail their support for a refund or something, correct?
You can just use the chat feature on their website and it's a super easy process. I always send a transaction ID from the email receipt they send, although I don't believe it's necessary, just helps expedite. I've got some duds before and they send you a refund and ask you to put the game back in the kiosk.

I got Agents of Mayhem on Saturday, but I went to another Redbox for Doom and it didn't register I had reserved it at the kiosk. I wonder if it is because that location once had two kiosks.

Edit: so there were two grocery stores on the same street, my bad lol

bread's done
Back