Redbox Sale Mar. 21st-27th Bloodborne $8.99, etc

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
RXVQnaG.png

Games are disc only and must be purchased at kiosks.

There isn't currently a way to check kiosks but you can find a list of kiosks that stock games here:
http://www.redbox.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
I've searched for Bloodborne all over my state and it seems they don't have it. They either sold out or weren't sent to the Midwest.

Just picked up 2 copies of ESO ps4 (one for a friend) and one copy of MCC. If you need to see if the game is in stock, use link OP posted to find which kiosks sells games, then look up that box on the website and crossmatch the game you want. Wish I wou;dve known about this method with the last couple of sales..
It's not entirely accurate. For example, most of the ones in my area have Kung Fu Panda for XB1 available to rent, but only the PS4 version can be bought.

Was able to pickup 3 copies of bloodborne at one kiosk and 2 copies of recelations. Haha..
Also got a "paper" copy of ffx-2. Yay. Easy refund process tho.

Was able to pickup 3 copies of bloodborne at one kiosk and 2 copies of recelations. Haha..
Also got a "paper" copy of ffx-2. Yay. Easy refund process tho.
Damn!!! You're not looking to sell any are you? Been looking to try both those games for a while now.

Wishful thinking, but the way they do it now is perfect for them because there is virtually zero overhead. Not sure I'd even be interested unless shipping was free.
Very true, but I can't see that being efficient. I mean, the slower the games sell, the more time it takes up space when something newer - and more profitable - could be there.

Did yours show in stock on their website?
Yup. I cross referenced stock and "buy" locations. 20 minutes later(the time it took to get back to the office), it was gone, so I'm guessing their inventory updated when it's purchased/rented.

How are the condition of the discs?
You would think, since they are Blu-ray disc, that they wouldn't be scratched but you would be surprised of the condition of games sometimes. It's almost like people are TRYING to fuck the disc up, or using it as a frisbee or some shit.

Just a heads up, the cross reference method is a good idea but it does not work 100%.  Found a kiosk that sells games and had the game I wanted to buy showing as available to rent online.  Got to the kiosk and it would only let me rent the game, not buy it.

Redbox, spend a few bucks and make it so we can buy your games online and pick them up just like rentals.  After this failure, and after getting a fake disc before, I'm not wasting any more time on kiosk roulette...

Just a heads up, the cross reference method is a good idea but it does not work 100%. Found a kiosk that sells games and had the game I wanted to buy showing as available to rent online. Got to the kiosk and it would only let me rent the game, not buy it.

Redbox, spend a few bucks and make it so we can buy your games online and pick them up just like rentals. After this failure, and after getting a fake disc before, I'm not wasting any more time on kiosk roulette...
Not sure if the fake disk is one you rented, but I know the buy process of the redbox UI is a little unclear. You have tap the icon of the game instead of the red + icon. I ran into that last night and was confused when it was only letting me rent. Tapping on the actual game icon brings up the option to buy.

When you click on "games" on the kiosk, look at the bottom and where all the console filters are, all the way to the right there's a for sale filter and it'll show everything the kiosk has for sale.

When you click on "games" on the kiosk, look at the bottom and where all the console filters are, all the way to the right there's a for sale filter and it'll show everything the kiosk has for sale.
this. I think the guy i quoted below may have gone to the rent screen. I did for bloodborne, and had to go to the for sale tab to actually get it to sell instead of rent

Just a heads up, the cross reference method is a good idea but it does not work 100%. Found a kiosk that sells games and had the game I wanted to buy showing as available to rent online. Got to the kiosk and it would only let me rent the game, not buy it.

Redbox, spend a few bucks and make it so we can buy your games online and pick them up just like rentals. After this failure, and after getting a fake disc before, I'm not wasting any more time on kiosk roulette...

My experience: 

I went to a supermarket redbox that sells games and bought halo masterchief and state of decay and both games were pristine, not a scratch. The redbox was inside in the air conditioned part of the supermarket, thank god I didn't have to waste my time with paper discs. 

Just used the tip posted on the first page about looking what kiosk has the game for rent and went there and they did have FFX/2 for $9 to buy. Sadly...it was a copy of the disc just my luck. Never had to contact redbox support but hopefully it goes smoothly.

this. I think the guy i quoted below may have gone to the rent screen. I did for bloodborne, and had to go to the for sale tab to actually get it to sell instead of rent
I know how to buy games at the kiosk, that's how I got the fake game before. Already have the refund being processed.

We're sorry to hear about any issues people are having like this. Please send us an email to [email protected] and we'll get these straightened out for you!
I hope the policy has changed but I had to do a lot of firm asking and a bit of frustration to get reps to issue me a refund last time. They wanted to only give me a free rental credit. Not very helpful when you purchased a disc.

I hope those policies have changed.

Earlier today, I attempted to purchase 2 used games that I found were on sale for redbox's used game sale. I checked my email and find the games were rented and not purchased. I contacted the telephone number and was instructed to return the games to a near by machine, and I would be credited for the rental fee, and then the machine should allow me to purchase the games.

I did this as instructed, and when I attempted to repurchase one of the games, it would not let me purchase the games. so I called the 800 number again. the agent who picked up mary jane, to put it politely was an idiot. She told me the games were out of stock and that is why I couldnt purchase them.  They were not out of stock, I just put 2 games in the machine myself. So they could not be out of stock.  I explained this to her, and her response was to offer me a free rental. How does a free rental help me make a purchase of the games? it doesnt.

I then asked for a supervisor. She put me on hold several times and then declared supervisors come in an hour later. I have been on the phone with them for over 45 minutes, but yet the supervisors are still an hour away. And now I have a  senior agent who tells me he has no idea when the supervisors report for work. A company who has no supervisors just "trusts" employees to supervise themselves.  yeah right. Now Ive been on the phone for an hour, and the line went dead.

Got a "supervisor" who told me, he could do nothing, would do nothing, and didn't give a crap.
Worst experience ever.  I've emailed customer care, but I seriously doubt anything will come of it. 
I personally will never purchase or rent from redbox after this. I hope no has as bad experience as I did. So buyer beware, check your email to make sure you purchased the games, and not rented them by mistake.

Hey Austinites: things were pretty bountiful up here in North Austin. If you have an X1 and can meet me up North (or close to the Capitol/UT when I'm at work), I can sell you some games at cost (or cheap PS4 game trades):

-Elder Scrolls Online
-Resident Evil Revelations 2
-State of Decay

Earlier today, I attempted to purchase 2 used games that I found were on sale for redbox's used game sale. I checked my email and find the games were rented and not purchased. I contacted the telephone number and was instructed to return the games to a near by machine, and I would be credited for the rental fee, and then the machine should allow me to purchase the games.

I did this as instructed, and when I attempted to repurchase one of the games, it would not let me purchase the games. so I called the 800 number again. the agent who picked up mary jane, to put it politely was an idiot. She told me the games were out of stock and that is why I couldnt purchase them. They were not out of stock, I just put 2 games in the machine myself. So they could not be out of stock. I explained this to her, and her response was to offer me a free rental. How does a free rental help me make a purchase of the games? it doesnt.

I then asked for a supervisor. She put me on hold several times and then declared supervisors come in an hour later. I have been on the phone with them for over 45 minutes, but yet the supervisors are still an hour away. And now I have a senior agent who tells me he has no idea when the supervisors report for work. A company who has no supervisors just "trusts" employees to supervise themselves. yeah right. Now Ive been on the phone for an hour, and the line went dead.

Got a "supervisor" who told me, he could do nothing, would do nothing, and didn't give a crap.
Worst experience ever. I've emailed customer care, but I seriously doubt anything will come of it.
I personally will never purchase or rent from redbox after this. I hope no has as bad experience as I did. So buyer beware, check your email to make sure you purchased the games, and not rented them by mistake.
So what you're pretty much saying is you didn't look at the total before confirming your purchase?

So what you're pretty much saying is you didn't look at the total before confirming your purchase?
Yeah his story doesn't make sense.

Did you do a hold request online? If so that is just for rentals, and is common knowledge/is made clear on the website. The only way to buy the games is to go to the kiosk and pay for them. A game rental is a few dollars a day, buying the game is at least $9 so the total would have been a dead give away.

I do see why he is annoyed but the root of the problem was his mistake and Redbox should have better customer service, but in the end it was his mistake and should be viewed as a learning experience. As we all can attest to this sale does work but since Redbox is automated stuff does happen and in my experience redbox has done well in making things right.

Nope, my check out total was 17.98. I did not hold them online either. I hit games for sale, buy 8.99. And received my games. My email receipt said rent 6.40. That is not the option I chose at kiosk.

Nope, my check out total was 17.98. I did not hold them online either. I hit games for sale, buy 8.99. And received my games. My email receipt said rent 6.40. That is not the option I chose at kiosk.
Did you check your bank statement yet? The only downside I can see if they keep charging you late/re-rental fees due to a system error. But if the bank statement shows a charge of $18 then it should be fine. The thing that doesn't add up is there is tax...How was your total exactly $8.99x2 when there is tax?

Doesn't add up...

I didn'the mention the tax, my bad. The bank statement matches the email receipt. The point is, it was a freaking glitch. I'm just warning folks of a horrible experience. Even, if it was my screw up (it was not.), that's no excuse for the way that customer service dept to act. I think you would be upset to if you attempted to purchase something, and had it in your hand only for the cashier tell you it's out of stock when obviously it's not, seeing it's in your hand.

As for it not sounding right, whatever man. I've said my piece and posted my warning. If it only happened to me, fine. I wouldn't wish this on a fellow CAG. If you don't believe me, that's your perogative.

On mobile so, apologies for formating and typos.

I didn'the mention the tax, my bad. The bank statement matches the email receipt. The point is, it was a freaking glitch. I'm just warning folks of a horrible experience. Even, if it was my screw up (it was not.), that's no excuse for the way that customer service dept to act. I think you would be upset to if you attempted to purchase something, and had it in your hand only for the cashier tell you it's out of stock when obviously it's not, seeing it's in your hand.

As for it not sounding right, whatever man. I've said my piece and posted my warning. If it only happened to me, fine. I wouldn't wish this on a fellow CAG. If you don't believe me, that's your perogative.

On mobile so, apologies for formating and typos.
Sorry to hear about this. Please email [email protected]. I've brought your post to the attention of our customer service team. We'll do our best to make things right.

Picked up a copy of Halo MCC, disc looks pretty much brand new. No problems getting it. I checked what was in stock at kiosks & cross-referenced which kiosks were selling games and found one.

Now...I wait for the 20gb update to download :/

I picked up a pristine ESO for XB1 tonight.  Kinda surprised to find anything in my town.  There were a few Uncharted collections that I would have wanted if I hadn't already purchased it digitally.

On a side note, ESO has a 28 GB update.  Eff that.  It sucks having a data cap.

Managed to find copy's of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Final Fantasy x/x-2 both for ps4

Now I just need to find Bloodborne there's 3 near me

Managed to find copy's of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Final Fantasy x/x-2 both for ps4
Now I just need to find Bloodborne there's 3 near me
If you happen to come across another copy, would you sell it? No redbox basically within 50 miles of me has Bloodborne.

If you happen to come across another copy, would you sell it? No redbox basically within 50 miles of me has Bloodborne.
I'll try I'm actually on my way to Seattle WA for Sakura Con an Anime convention And I stopped over in a town that miraculously has bloodborne, fix/x2 and RER2. Not sure if I'm going to be able to stop at more than one or two redbox kiosks to check for Bloodborne tomorrow since I'm not traveling alone. But I'll try.

I'll try I'm actually on my way to Seattle WA for Sakura Con an Anime convention And I stopped over in a town that miraculously has bloodborne, fix/x2 and RER2. Not sure if I'm going to be able to stop at more than one or two redbox kiosks to check for Bloodborne tomorrow since I'm not traveling alone. But I'll try.
Thank you very much, but definitely don't prioritize it. Have fun on your trip!

Went to a Redbox by my job for Bloodborne, bought it and an empty case came out with the sticker stuck to the inside of the case. Scammer didn't even bother to put a piece of paper in the case.

Luckily the CS rep on the phone was really nice. I went to another Redbox that had it at a McDonalds, only to find out that the specific kiosk didn't sell games. They only had Bloodborne to rent.

Pretty much over it at this point to find it. I'm just glad to have received my refund for the first game. fucking scammers.

Went to a Redbox by my job for Bloodborne, bought it and an empty case came out with the sticker stuck to the inside of the case. Scammer didn't even bother to put a piece of paper in the case.

Luckily the CS rep on the phone was really nice. I went to another Redbox that had it at a McDonalds, only to find out that the specific kiosk didn't sell games. They only had Bloodborne to rent.

Pretty much over it at this point to find it. I'm just glad to have received my refund for the first game. fucking scammers.
Has it been reported that you can rent the game from there, return it at the machine that sells games, and then purchase it from there? Or has that been shot down?

Redbox didn't sell games or even have the games I was interested in purchasing. Oh well, one more next to me. I'll try that one later on.

Has it been reported that you can rent the game from there, return it at the machine that sells games, and then purchase it from there? Or has that been shot down?
While I was on the phone with the rep, I put the case back into the machine since she instructed me to. Then she told me after I put it into the machine that I have the option what you explained but I was already over it. I didn't want to call CS again as I just got of from work and just wanted to go home already.

While I was on the phone with the rep, I put the case back into the machine since she instructed me to. Then she told me after I put it into the machine that I have the option what you explained but I was already over it. I didn't want to call CS again as I just got of from work and just wanted to go home already.
That game is not instantly flagged, either. So if somebody else comes to rent/buy that game, it will spit out the sticker. When that person calls to complain, they may lock your card. At least, that's what happened to me

bread's done
Back