Redbox Sale Mar. 21st-27th Bloodborne $8.99, etc

thorbahn3

Staff member
Feedback
5 (100%)
RXVQnaG.png

Games are disc only and must be purchased at kiosks.

There isn't currently a way to check kiosks but you can find a list of kiosks that stock games here:
http://www.redbox.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
That game is no instantly flagged, either. So if somebody else comes to rent/buy that game, it will spit out the sticker. When that person calls to complain, they may lock your card. At least, that's what happened to me
The rep told me on the phone that it's already on my account and the Redbox rep will come by to take it out of the machine. Hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

The rep told me on the phone that it's already on my account and the Redbox rep will come by to take it out of the machine. Hopefully that doesn't happen to me.
Sadly, that's what they told me as well. I just hope nobody tries to get it before the rep shows up (likely the weekly Tuesday drops).

Itd be funny if they stock the used games to sell beforehand instead of using leftover rental stock and just entertain people who say they got fake disks lol.

Totally kidding. Its actually happened to me while renting games. Its just some of these are old and haven't seen them at my local redbox in a while and all of a sudden they're here for sale.

Ok i got a question, i bough uncharted from red box for a trade and I was using a hair dryer to remove the stciker before i send it off.  However this time there is some left over sticker glue on the disk.  Any idea how to clean it without ruining the disk?  I know soiem disk u can use alcohol to remove it but soem disk u can actually discolor the entire artwork on the cover

Ok i got a question, i bough uncharted from red box for a trade and I was using a hair dryer to remove the stciker before i send it off. However this time there is some left over sticker glue on the disk. Any idea how to clean it without ruining the disk? I know soiem disk u can use alcohol to remove it but soem disk u can actually discolor the entire artwork on the cover
Goo Gone:

k2-_86533dfd-e104-461d-9b2a-ab41e2128fea.v1.jpg

Just use a hair dryer on the disc for 20 seconds, then you can peel the ring off in one solid piece. Then use your thumb to rub from the center out to gather the excess glue. Simple and easy and no worries about your disc smelling like an orange-ish petroleum distillate.

Hey you guys maybe you can help me out, I checked on the website for the kiosk near my house that has HMCC and it says that the kiosk sells games but when I went to the box I couldn't find the option to buy the game I only saw the rental price when I tried checking out, am I missing something or does this kiosk not sell games?

Hey you guys maybe you can help me out, I checked on the website for the kiosk near my house that has HMCC and it says that the kiosk sells games but when I went to the box I couldn't find the option to buy the game I only saw the rental price when I tried checking out, am I missing something or does this kiosk not sell games?
If it's on the website it should sell games. The interface for buying games isn't too obvious though. If you select the game from the default rental screen you can't select an option to buy it. This happened to me and I almost rented the one I got. From the main screen before you select a title there should be a button to buy a title. Clicking that should switch the interface to show the titles available for sale. Then select the one you want to buy and the rest should be self explanatory.

Has anyone traded a red box game into Best Buy? Did they give you a hard time or accept it? Just curious, kind of regretting my $8 purchase.

If it's on the website it should sell games. The interface for buying games isn't too obvious though. If you select the game from the default rental screen you can't select an option to buy it. This happened to me and I almost rented the one I got. From the main screen before you select a title there should be a button to buy a title. Clicking that should switch the interface to show the titles available for sale. Then select the one you want to buy and the rest should be self explanatory.
I went to a redbox that had Uncharted for rent that also sells games (bought FFX/2 for PS4 at the same kiosk) and it didn't have Uncharted for sale...Not sure why. Happened at two different kiosks.

Has anyone traded a red box game into Best Buy? Did they give you a hard time or accept it? Just curious, kind of regretting my $8 purchase.
Traded in two Bloodbornes in the past two days. Have traded some other things in the past also and had no issues. I don't think you should really have a problem with it unless you get that one employee who wants to give you shit about it.

Thanks I'll go check it out when I get off work, thanks for your reply

i've traded them to best buy and gamestop without issue. If you're worried just use a blank dvd or cd case and throw the redbox container away.

I'm super pissed right now. I was finally able to buy halo mcc from the machine and what do I get? A piece of freaking paper. I looked forward to playing the damn game all day long!! F^{!~•* now I'm looking through the website to file a complaint, but I don't want a refund per se, I'd rather get the game. What are the odds of me getting the actual game?

Here is how I do it and you need careful hands:

1) Get an Xacto knife that has a straight square blade

2) start the incision first into the plastic transparent sticker on an angle thats almost 15% to the disk. Any angle higher and you will scratch the disk. Make the incision with the disk still in the redbox case to protect any accidents anywhere else.

3) move the knife around the redbox sticker using an up and down motion, and slowly until all of of the sticker comes off in one piece. If the sticker gets removed too early, make a new incision nearest the transparent sticker or continue where you left off. If you are lucky and skilled you could remove  the sticker using just one motion.

4) while the case is still on the disk use goo be gone and apply a little bit to a kleenex and then wipe the kleenex on the area where the sticker was. Use another kleenex to wipe off.

5) enjoy!

I used the cross reference and found two boxes that had Halo: MCC. Both wouldn't allow me to purchase. I played with all the buttons and screens and it only allowed me to rent.

What a complete waste of time. 

Stopped at a redbox since it was next to my bank and it didn't have much of a selection. Not really going to go out of my way this time around to see what the others still have, I'm sure they are picked clean out of all the cheap titles.

Hey I had to come back and update; redbox customer service is really good, when I called them earlier today the rep was really nice and was able to issue me a refund which is awesome, the process was easy and quick

As I have been dealing with redbox customer care the last few days I'll throw out this answer. There is no method to which kiosks sell games and which dont. I've been to kiosks that they assure me sell games and don't have the option to purchase and other kiosks they swear dont sell games end up haveing games to sell.

They have been instructed to say the sale is based on the kiosk not the game. Meaning it may or may or may not be on sale at a kiosk.

I already mentioned in this thread that it's not true that if the game is in stock and the kiosk sells games, it will have the game available to buy.
How do you purchase it though? I was in the same situation and tried pressing all the buttons and different screens and it didn't allow me to make the purchase.

Decided to give ESO a try. $8.99 and no subscription fee? Why not?

Disc looks good, although my X1 has been finicky lately so we'll see.

I just picked up a bloodborne and it has a huge scratch and what I assume coca cola spilled all over it.  This is not playable and I"m not putting it into my ps4.  It really stucks how terrible some people treat these rentals.  Hopefully they can figure out who was the last person who returned it.

How do you all reach customer service? I need a refund.

PS4 I bought Resident Evil for $6 and bloodborne for $9, though I had to drive a ways to get it. Passed on hard-line and elder scrolls (heavily debating getting it anyway) and still might get final fantasy x/x2 at some point. Already have Unity, but that would have been a purchase too.

On the Redbox attract (home) screen, the big button on the bottom left says "rent or buy games" next screen will let you choose the system, then you can scroll through the games and see which ones are available for sale and what price. They e ordered by release date, so usually the cheap ones are on the second screen.

Redbox.com/games will locate boxes that actually sell used titles (it appears boxes inside Walmart do not, probably a non compete agreement).

In the Redbox app (unselect your home store so it says browsing all) or on the website you can search for available titles, then click "nearby" to see which box has them. Cross reference with boxes that actually sell games before making a drive out.

Honestly, for all the complaining in this thread, I've had very little problem finding games I want for sale, and no photocopies... Guess it pays not to live in the ghetto.

How do you purchase it though? I was in the same situation and tried pressing all the buttons and different screens and it didn't allow me to make the purchase.
Yea it was weird. I definitely know how to purchase games and the kiosk did sell games, but Bloodborne was not on the sale list. It only came up when you clicked on games to rent and ps4. Not sure why that is.

Big ups to the OP. Picked up Bloodborne and I swear the copy I snagged has never even entered a system. The condition is flawless. Best deal I've scored from this site. I almost traded the game after trying it out, but I grinded it out and learned the mechanics and I'm now a believer of it being one of the best titles on the PS4. I say that with only have playing the first two bosses lol....it's that good though. 

I just picked up a bloodborne and it has a huge scratch and what I assume coca cola spilled all over it. This is not playable and I"m not putting it into my ps4. It really stucks how terrible some people treat these rentals. Hopefully they can figure out who was the last person who returned it.

How do you all reach customer service? I need a refund.
Go to their website and chat or give them a call.

bread's done
Back