Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy was cleaned, nothing was a penny. I found the Resident Evil 5 guide, the last one and had a cashier ring it up to see the price and it was $19.99....lame.

I really wanted a Halo Wars guide....if anyone can get one for a penny for me, it would be awesome. Just PM me!

[quote name='HCHecxz']My Best Buy was cleaned, nothing was a penny. I found the Resident Evil 5 guide, the last one and had a cashier ring it up to see the price and it was $19.99....lame.

I really wanted a Halo Wars guide....if anyone can get one for a penny for me, it would be awesome. Just PM me![/QUOTE]
My BB's pulled all their guides. Picked up Halo Wars from Target for $5 on clearance. It's only a couple bucks more than a trade. A possible option for you.

LOL Welcome to the Reduced Price Guide thread-home of the not so subtle hints at certain guide trades that people 'need'.

--------> THAT way to the guide trade thread run by Pooky, please.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL Welcome to the Reduced Price Guide thread-home of the not so subtle hints at certain guide trades that people 'need'.

--------> THAT way to the guide trade thread run by Pooky, please.[/QUOTE]
Thought I would steer some business to Target. Maybe they will keep putting guides on clearance (conspicuously).

$5 is a good price for a guide one really wants.

Went to my local BB, but struck out despite finding Warhammer Online, TMNT: Smash Up, and Prince of Persia (4 copies).

I wasn't allowed to buy them. I went up to the register (all rang up as $.01), the cashier called the manager who denied the sale. He then told the nearest employee to go remove them all off the shelf. He said that they needed to be removed and apologized, but he "refused to let these go at 1 cent."

I asked if I could get just one of the guides, and he adamantly refused. Frustrating since I really wanted that Prince of Persia guide too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the guides just for the art (though I did get my first "Why did you need those?" Comment from the wife. I politely pointed out that it cost me all of 30-something cents and WTF?) - but the real pull of this guide drop was that BB thought they were really doing something... and a bunch of us got guides, anyway. FU, BB - you lose another round. I'll really make you pay the next time you throw a free game out there...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I love the guides just for the art (though I did get my first "Why did you need those?" Comment from the wife. I politely pointed out that it cost me all of 30-something cents and WTF?) - but the real pull of this guide drop was that BB thought they were really doing something... and a bunch of us got guides, anyway. FU, BB - you lose another round. I'll really make you pay the next time you throw a free game out there...[/QUOTE]
They seem to have won in the homeland. There are too many BB's to get to all of them, but all guides were pulled the week before the drop at all that I checked. The DM here must have been on this one.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']though I did get my first "Why did you need those?" Comment from the wife.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting that comment a little more often myself lately too. My 'hobby' seems to be turning into an obsession...

I'm tired:oldman: and hungry:fridge: and feel like using a lot of smileys.:)
I checked all the guides tonight and nothing new dropped.:cry:
I check the video game employee inventory page (Don't know what it's really called):dunce: all the time for updates.
Seems to update once a week.:whistle2:|
I was going through all the guides in the yellow totes in the warehouse and thinking to myself, "My wife:D would not be thrilled:bomb: if I got fired over penny guides:oops:"
I'll deal with only getting one guide.:bs:
Brutal Legend and put my list of trades back together again.:grouphug:
Pokemon Platinum and Dragon Age Origins CE (all the CEs actually) I check first because I want them so bad.:hot:
I'm 99% sure nothing will drop till next month.:headache:
It's a tough call between wanting to find this list early:mrgreen: (earlier then this time) and not finding the list as in it not get sent out so there are no pulls:whistle2:|.
I will keep everyone posted as always.:twisted:
Oh and I centered it.O:)

Oh Hell:evil: I just noticed next Monday is the first Monday.:pray:
No school but as usual I'll be there at 10am EST.:cool:
If I don't sleep through my alarm like last week.:booty:

[quote name='token2k6']I'll trade your $10 word for a 1600 Point MSFT card..[/QUOTE]CML

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hey now. We use $10 words around here. Get outta here with them thar $15 words. Shoo. Go on.[/QUOTE]For real. The $10 words are pretty much the highest you can expect around here... though we all wait for a b2/g1 or for them to go on clearance.

They pulled all the recent drops from my best buy, but they still have transformers, Fallout (original), spore galactic adventures, NCAA 10, and fuckin Madword (tagged at .01). After this school semester, I'm going to have to get active on the guide trading thread because I have a 5 ft tall stack of guides to trade and I'd like to get like 15 books off that new drop list.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Thought I would steer some business to Target. Maybe they will keep putting guides on clearance (conspicuously).

$5 is a good price for a guide one really wants.[/QUOTE]

It is a good price actually, but you rarely see the guides go down incrementally. It's either MSRP or a penny and once they penny you have a 50/50 chance of being shot down on buying them. If more stores actually sold them at a discount, then more of them might be bought and not junked out.

I REALLY miss the days of EB Games having a used guide section where most of the guides were $2-3.:cry:
[quote name='guinaevere']
For real. The $10 words are pretty much the highest you can expect around here... though we all wait for a b2/g1 or for them to go on clearance.[/QUOTE]

The only problem is if you wait for them to go on clearance around here, all of the normal consumers buy them up at 15-30% off and there's nothing left by 75%. ;)

Interestingly enough, the three Targets closest to me are doing incremental 25% markdowns on guides now as well. MUA2, Halo Wars and two others were down to $4.9x this week.

Picked up Halo Wars, Final Fantasy Dissidia, and Prince of Persia at one BB in Davenport, Iowa. The cashier called someone from higher up, he just said, "that's the price... It's your lucky day." I then proceeded to picking up SAW and NCAA Football 10. I think there were a few more that I probably should've picked up, but this is the second time I've gotten guides from that store, so I don't think they really care, thank god.

Edit: Also, Star Ocean: The Last Hope rung up at full price.

[quote name='dominator']Edit: Also, Star Ocean: The Last Hope rung up at full price.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's the international? version! I've seen it at several places! :eek: ... was REALLY wishing Pokemon Platinum had pennied as well since i saw them ... everywhere ... and really want one! :eek: ... guess I'll have to wait until the next drop! :)

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I love the guides just for the art (though I did get my first "Why did you need those?" Comment from the wife. I politely pointed out that it cost me all of 30-something cents and WTF?) - but the real pull of this guide drop was that BB thought they were really doing something... and a bunch of us got guides, anyway. FU, BB - you lose another round. I'll really make you pay the next time you throw a free game out there...[/QUOTE]

Once again, I'm so happy to have this guy in my area.

Found a Tekken 6 guide at the most hated BB in my area. The evil media manager saw me on Tuesday hunting for guides and I know she was cackling with evil glee that all of the other guides were pulled. But, she forgot that one.

Plus, I picked up Mirror's Edge (360) for 9.99.

[quote name='shadou']Went to my local BB, but struck out despite finding Warhammer Online, TMNT: Smash Up, and Prince of Persia (4 copies).

I wasn't allowed to buy them. I went up to the register (all rang up as $.01), the cashier called the manager who denied the sale. He then told the nearest employee to go remove them all off the shelf. He said that they needed to be removed and apologized, but he "refused to let these go at 1 cent."

I asked if I could get just one of the guides, and he adamantly refused. Frustrating since I really wanted that Prince of Persia guide too.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes when you buy something else besides just the penny guides, you have a much better chance of not being questioned and having the sale go through.

[quote name='leopaw']Sometimes when you buy something else besides just the penny guides, you have a much better chance of not being questioned and having the sale go through.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I went around to 4 different Best Buy's to scoop up some penny guides. Each time I found one (or more) I bought something with it. The first time it was 3 guides, Master and Commander Blu-ray and a drink. The second time, was for a single MUA2 guide, so I bought a drink with it. The third time I put L4D2 for $9.99 on top of 2 other guides. The last time, I had 5 penny guides, 2 of which were Prototype, so I bought Prototype for PS3 and put that on top of a Protoype guide with the 4 other guides underneath. Each time, I was able to smooth talk the cashier before the went into "call a manager mode" simply because the transaction didn't look so fishy. In the end, I'll just return the Prototype game for a full refund. Also, try to pick the most bored and disinterested looking cashier if you have a choice.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Although apparently, they supposedly get fined like $10k per guide that makes it out of the store for a penny.
[/QUOTE]

I believe that fine is for breaking street date of a new release game. For guides they do not get reimbursed/credited for the wholesale cost of the book if it is sold at a penny (just like a book store).

so my Best Buy has literally the worst selection EVER!!! First of all they have no penny guides EVER! and second they had a total of about 40-50 guides total for about 17 different games.

i remember walls upon walls of guides at my old best buy...

:(

[quote name='slowdive21']I believe that fine is for breaking street date of a new release game. For guides they do not get reimbursed/credited for the wholesale cost of the book if it is sold at a penny (just like a book store).[/QUOTE]

Still comes out to quite a substantial amount considering all of the ones I've snagged in my 5 years here.:lol:

[quote name='merchie89']so my Best Buy has literally the worst selection EVER!!! First of all they have no penny guides EVER! [/QUOTE]

Ummm... that's cause they're actually doing their jobs?

[quote name='180husher']Once again, I'm so happy to have this guy in my area.[/QUOTE]

Um - you got guides, too. They were in stock for at least 2 1/2 days before I bought any. I left plenty. Stop whining.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Um - you got guides, too. They were in stock for at least 2 1/2 days before I bought any. I left plenty. Stop whining.[/QUOTE]

:lol: It's the FTF/SBD coupon thing all over again. All of the people crying over how they're 'not able to get to the store' and how those who did 'zomg hoarded'.:roll:

You want a deal, you MAKE time.

Besides which, how does he know the employees didn't pull everything after you left?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: It's the FTF/SBD coupon thing all over again. All of the people crying over how they're 'not able to get to the store' and how those who did 'zomg hoarded'.:roll:

You want a deal, you MAKE time.[/QUOTE]

I mean - I picked up 2 of each guide. I LEFT copies of Prototype, GTA IV, R&C, both cheat guides, POP, MUA2, Far Cry 2,Saw, Star Wars and the GTA pack guides... I don't think that would be considered hoarding. But if it is, then f it.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I mean - I picked up 2 of each guide. I LEFT copies of Prototype, GTA IV, R&C, both cheat guides, POP, MUA2, Far Cry 2,Saw, Star Wars and the GTA pack guides... I don't think that would be considered hoarding. But if it is, then f it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem like hoarding to me...

[quote name='xTraPointLess']Totally agree. I went around to 4 different Best Buy's to scoop up some penny guides. Each time I found one (or more) I bought something with it. The first time it was 3 guides, Master and Commander Blu-ray and a drink. The second time, was for a single MUA2 guide, so I bought a drink with it. The third time I put L4D2 for $9.99 on top of 2 other guides. The last time, I had 5 penny guides, 2 of which were Prototype, so I bought Prototype for PS3 and put that on top of a Protoype guide with the 4 other guides underneath. Each time, I was able to smooth talk the cashier before the went into "call a manager mode" simply because the transaction didn't look so fishy. In the end, I'll just return the Prototype game for a full refund. Also, try to pick the most bored and disinterested looking cashier if you have a choice.[/QUOTE]

I totally concur. I have never been rejected buying guides at BB using this method, and I've probably have attempted at least 20 plus times at 5 different locations. Only once have I had a cashier raise a question of the sale of penny guides, and that was to another cashier (not even a manager, been lucky so far). You want the transaction to appear like normal and nothing fishy. Getting too many or buying only penny guides may cause the cashier to bring it to the attention of the manager, then it's a crapshoot whether you will get them or not. I also try to get rung up by young cashiers.

[quote name='phogoodness']I totally concur. I have never been rejected buying guides at BB using this method, and I've probably have attempted at least 20 plus times at 5 different locations. Only once have I had a cashier raise a question of the sale of penny guides, and that was to another cashier (not even a manager, been lucky so far). You want the transaction to appear like normal and nothing fishy. Getting too many or buying only pennies guide may cause the cashier to bring it to the attention of the manager, then it's a crapshoot whether you will get them or not. I also try to get rung up by young cashiers.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did the other day(bought guides without anything else) and both cashiers were loudmouths saying 'omg they're a penny'. But the 'buy something else with them' thing seems kinda pointless to me.

Either they're going to deny you or they're not going to. What happens if they call over a manager and the manager denies the guides going through for a penny each, but says you can buy the rest of the stuff? Do you walk out and look like an ass and let them know that was the main reason you came in?

It's a crapshoot for me around here, but if they're gonna deny me, they're gonna deny me if I grab other shit or just the guides. So why buy stuff that I then have to return and risk having them deny that and be stuck with it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I did the other day(bought guides without anything else) and both cashiers were loudmouths saying 'omg they're a penny'. But the 'buy something else with them' thing seems kinda pointless to me.

Either they're going to deny you or they're not going to. What happens if they call over a manager and the manager denies the guides going through for a penny each, but says you can buy the rest of the stuff? Do you walk out and look like an ass and let them know that was the main reason you came in?

It's a crapshoot for me around here, but if they're gonna deny me, they're gonna deny me if I grab other shit or just the guides. So why buy stuff that I then have to return and risk having them deny that and be stuck with it?[/QUOTE]

I am only speaking from my own experiences, but I find that buying it with other things "smooths" over the process of the transaction. Buying in large amounts or spending just pennies increases the chance of a manager being called, which causes the transaction (and the issue of penny guides) to draw more attention (causing guides to get pulled, hurting future opportunities at the store) Also if they do reject me one day, I will simply not buy the other item, causing them to lose a sale they would have gotten.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I did the other day(bought guides without anything else) and both cashiers were loudmouths saying 'omg they're a penny'. But the 'buy something else with them' thing seems kinda pointless to me.

It's a crapshoot for me around here, but if they're gonna deny me, they're gonna deny me if I grab other shit or just the guides. So why buy stuff that I then have to return and risk having them deny that and be stuck with it?[/QUOTE]

I agree just walk up with the penny guides Thats what I do. If denied I so OK and leave or if the try to harge me full price I telll them no thanks and Leave. I haven't been denied at any bestbuys yet.

I always buy a game or DVD with guides

will always return the DVD later

there was once that the manager let it go because I didn't want the item if they deny me the guides

But then you have the hassle of going in to return the other item you bought on that receipt. If you do it immediately, it looks fishy. If you do it later on and they see the other items on the receipt were all penny guides, it looks fishy.

I'll just continue to take my chances.

I can ALWAYS find something else cheap that I want to buy (and keep) like a $4.99 DVD or a CD or something. This week I picked up my guides and a Tron DVD with a free ticket to Alice in Wonderland. Seemed like a win all around.

[quote name='lawdood']I can ALWAYS find something else cheap that I want to buy (and keep) like a $4.99 DVD or a CD or something. This week I picked up my guides and a Tron DVD with a free ticket to Alice in Wonderland. Seemed like a win all around.[/QUOTE]

Tron?:lol: That's all I'm saying.

As for me, I listen to the radio in the car or at home, so I don't need any CD's. I only go to see very sporadic movies and most of the ones I have seen within the past 3-5 years I thought sucked ass and I would never want to own a home version.

So unless Best Buy suddenly starts clearancing a shitload of games, I will have no need to pad my penny guide purchases.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Tron?:lol: That's all I'm saying.

As for me, I listen to the radio in the car or at home, so I don't need any CD's. I only go to see very sporadic movies and most of the ones I have seen within the past 3-5 years I thought sucked ass and I would never want to own a home version.

So unless Best Buy suddenly starts clearancing a shitload of games, I will have no need to pad my penny guide purchases.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I grew up on dem shits! :shame: Plus the sequel comes out this year...

Still, after I factor in the free $12 for the ticket, it basically comes out free. The guides then were just a bonus.

Anyway, while I'd probably be OK just taking up the penny guides, I feel better grabbing a lil somethin' extra...but that's just me.

[quote name='lawdood']Hey, I grew up on dem shits! :shame: Plus the sequel comes out this year...

Still, after I factor in the free $12 for the ticket, it basically comes out free. The guides then were just a bonus.

Anyway, while I'd probably be OK just taking up the penny guides, I feel better grabbing a lil somethin' extra...but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

I was all of eight years old when Tron came out in 1982 and when I saw it years later, I kinda thought like 'wtf is this shit?!?!'. No offense meant. But it's not exactly high end cinema to me.:razz:

As for $12 a ticket, that's why I only go to drive-in theaters around here in the summertime. It's $7-8, two movies a night, that's $4 a friggin' movie. Most times people just bring their own shit in too as far as snackage goes, so that's $5-7 for a bucket of popcorn, $3-4 for candy and $4-5 for soda saved.

I'm a total cheapass when it comes to everything.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was all of eight years old when Tron came out in 1982 and when I saw it years later, I kinda thought like 'wtf is this shit?!?!'. No offense meant. But it's not exactly high end cinema to me.:razz:

As for $12 a ticket, that's why I only go to drive-in theaters around here in the summertime. It's $7-8, two movies a night, that's $4 a friggin' movie. Most times people just bring their own shit in too as far as snackage goes, so that's $5-7 for a bucket of popcorn, $3-4 for candy and $4-5 for soda saved.

I'm a total cheapass when it comes to everything.:D[/QUOTE]

So that would be a carload of one? :lol:

[quote name='jimijumper']So that would be a carload of one? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually, I used to go with a friend of mine(ex gf I somehow stayed friends with). But really, most of the movies that I've seen over the past so many years have been total crap not worth more than $4 a pop.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I used to go with a friend of mine(ex gf I somehow stayed friends with). But really, most of the movies that I've seen when I was younger and I used to get to see all past so many years have been total crap not worth more than $4 a pop.[/QUOTE]

I agree...my dad was a projectionist way back when and I used to get to see movies for free all the time...I just can't bring myself to drop a sawbuck on a movie these days.

[quote name='jimijumper']I agree...my dad was a projectionist way back when and I used to get to see movies for free all the time...I just can't bring myself to drop a sawbuck on a movie these days.[/QUOTE]

I'd happily pay $100 to see a movie I wanted to see... if there was no one else in the theater.

The movies haven't gotten that much worse, there are great movies coming out every year for every genre. It's the idiots in theaters who are ruining things.

[quote name='confoosious']I'd happily pay $100 to see a movie I wanted to see... if there was no one else in the theater.

The movies haven't gotten that much worse, there are great movies coming out every year for every genre. It's the idiots in theaters who are ruining things.[/QUOTE]

well put sir

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back