Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price. It's usually number 2.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lutter']Man, Austin is a total crapshoot for these... tried N Austin... and Cedar Park (which just reorganized to a new layout, which is terrible) and got absolutely nothing.

Gonna try the Downtown Austin/Barbara Jordan location during my lunch break tomorrow. Really want the Alan Wake LE guide.[/QUOTE]

The only two Best Buys that where worth the trouble, when I lived in Austin, was the south one (MoPac and Ben White) and the Far North (by Lakeline Mall) but that last one was hit or miss. The South one you had to be there before lunch the day of the drops

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Electronics Boutique(before being absorbed by Gamestop) used to take them in trade for $1-2 each at one point. The only other option you might have is if a used book/game store in your area takes them in or you happen to have a store called Half Price Books in your area.[/QUOTE]
About a year ago, someone in one of the South East Game Stop regions sold a bunch of his penny guides to a Half Price Books (or equivalent, I forget the used book store name), and those guides were noticed a day or so later by GS Loss Prevention (who recognized the group of guides as being from their drop list a few days earlier). Remember, stores are legally NOT supposed to sell recalled book, per their legal contracts with the publishers.

So this one person selling his stash of penny guides was the reason that Game Stop tightened the reigns on penny guides in a good number of the districts down here (my own included... Cyric tells me his back room has a *ton* of pulled guides from over the past year, which are still waiting to be field destroyed by his DM. There are a few back there that I really want, and even he wants. But he can't do a thing with them, for fear of losing his job. :bomb::bomb:).

I realize we're talking about BB at the moment, but Best Buy also has contracts with these publishers, and is legally not allowed to sell guides which have been pennied out. So if you're the type who snatches up every guide with the intent of trading them in to a local used book store, or a mom and pop video game store which takes guides as trades, you may want to reconsider. As you may be the cause of the next crack down in your area on penny guides.

In other news, I managed to grab a GofW III CE and Force Unleashed for Cyric, and for myself and my brother I took home Kane & Lynch, Dead to Rights, Crackdown, LBP (looks like a customer took out all his aggressions on this poor guide) and left about a million bakugons, along with several more Kane and Lynch, DtRs, Mod Nation, Alpha Protocols and a few others I'm forgetting. Was really hoping to get Alan Wake LE and Pokemon Platinum. If I'm able to get out today (bro is sick), I'd like to try my usual BB which generally has a good selection of pennies on Day 1.

[quote name='guinaevere']About a year ago, someone in one of the South East Game Stop regions sold a bunch of his penny guides to a Half Price Books (or equivalent, I forget the used book store name), and those guides were noticed a day or so later by GS Loss Prevention (who recognized the group of guides as being from their drop list a few days earlier). Remember, stores are legally NOT supposed to sell recalled book, per their legal contracts with the publishers.

So this one person selling his stash of penny guides was the reason that Game Stop tightened the reigns on penny guides in a good number of the districts down here (my own included... Cyric tells me his back room has a *ton* of pulled guides from over the past year, which are still waiting to be field destroyed by his DM. There are a few back there that I really want, and even he wants. But he can't do a thing with them, for fear of losing his job. :bomb::bomb:).

I realize we're talking about BB at the moment, but Best Buy also has contracts with these publishers, and is legally not allowed to sell guides which have been pennied out. So if you're the type who snatches up every guide with the intent of trading them in to a local used book store, or a mom and pop video game store which takes guides as trades, you may want to reconsider as you may be the cause of the next crackdown in your area on penny guides.[/QUOTE]

Excellent advice that will be promptly disregarded by short-sighted, selfish people.

Any chance of a PM to advise me of your secret store so I can have sloppy seconds? :)

[quote name='msriflegirl']I have no idea why I didnt go to BB on Monday...the Cary BB and Crabtree Mall BB (Raleigh) both pulled all of the guides that dropped.[/QUOTE]

I managed to find a few guides yesterday @ BB in north Raleigh but not @ those stores.

All of the "good" guides were either pulled or El Hoardo'd!

Managed to pick up LBP, BFBC2, & Crackdown 2. Something's better than nothing, so no complaints there.

fuck - Lesson Learned: do not try to take a guide without a barcode up to the register..

Hit up a location I went to on Tuesday, still had some guides left and a Bioshock 2 LE I left behind b/c it was open. Take it up with a few other guides (Uncharted 2 DID NOT penny btw) and the girl starts ringing them in, thinking its cool or whatever that they are penny. Then she gets to BS2 and wonders how she's going to scan it. Asks a co-worker, some punk kid in a hoody, who says its a 'glitch' I assure him it is no glitch, I was just here the other day, and look at the screen! I then attempt to say, 'forget about that one' and lets move on. No go. He shouts for a manager, who then assured me that I could have the guides, but he would price adjust them all to $20 :bomb: Just walked out, crying on the inside..

If someone has an Alan Wake guide they'd be willing to part with, pm me. Never found all of those manuscript pages in that game.

My coworker managed to score 4 GoW III LE guides during lunch and gave me two. He said the cashier was freaking out when the total came out to 4 cents and practically screamed for a manager to come over.

Checked back at the bestbuy closest to me to see if I missed anything or if anything got placed back on the shelf by an unknowing employee, it was a no go. All the guides were also sent back or trashed already so no more hoping for an employee to go in the back and grab it for me.

[quote name='token2k6']fuck - Lesson Learned: do not try to take a guide without a barcode up to the register..

Hit up a location I went to on Tuesday, still had some guides left and a Bioshock 2 LE I left behind b/c it was open. Take it up with a few other guides (Uncharted 2 DID NOT penny btw) and the girl starts ringing them in, thinking its cool or whatever that they are penny. Then she gets to BS2 and wonders how she's going to scan it. Asks a co-worker, some punk kid in a hoody, who says its a 'glitch' I assure him it is no glitch, I was just here the other day, and look at the screen! I then attempt to say, 'forget about that one' and lets move on. No go. He shouts for a manager, who then assured me that I could have the guides, but he would price adjust them all to $20 :bomb: Just walked out, crying on the inside..[/QUOTE]
Was there at least a sticker with the SKU on the front cover of the guide? If so you could've had them enter that to get the penny price to come up. I had to resort to that tactic when the original Assassin's Creed LE guide bundles pennied out.

:bomb::bomb::bomb: Apparently you didn't read that I already warned people a couple of times to not post guide wants and thinly veiled trade lists in this thread, as there is a guide trading thread for all of this nonsense.

One LAST time, here is the guide trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

Please USE IT and stop making trade requests in THIS thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. I largely struck out the last drop from BB, but I have to try. It's just trying to convince myself that it's worth it to go out in the 59* weather to try and get some guides that'll just sit on my trade list until I decide I need this or that guide eventually.

[quote name='token2k6']fuck - Lesson Learned: do not try to take a guide without a barcode up to the register..

Hit up a location I went to on Tuesday, still had some guides left and a Bioshock 2 LE I left behind b/c it was open. Take it up with a few other guides (Uncharted 2 DID NOT penny btw) and the girl starts ringing them in, thinking its cool or whatever that they are penny. Then she gets to BS2 and wonders how she's going to scan it. Asks a co-worker, some punk kid in a hoody, who says its a 'glitch' I assure him it is no glitch, I was just here the other day, and look at the screen! I then attempt to say, 'forget about that one' and lets move on. No go. He shouts for a manager, who then assured me that I could have the guides, but he would price adjust them all to $20 :bomb: Just walked out, crying on the inside..[/QUOTE]

Funny, I did the same thing. The cashier went to research it, and I immediately realized this probably wouldn't end well. Fortunately, I was able to insist that I pay for my other items/guides first.

I wish guide publishers would always put the UPCs on the book covers and not on insert sheets that disappear if the shrinkwrap gets opened for any reason.

*sigh*

All I really wanted was the Alan Wake CE, and maybe the Bioshock 2 one to see what lithographs I'd get, but mostly the Alan Wake CE.

Damn you BB! Funny story though, I saw some guy at the 2nd BB I went to go the guide section, look at his phone, stare back at guides, then walk away. Somebody else in my area was searching...

[quote name='guinaevere']About a year ago, someone in one of the South East Game Stop regions sold a bunch of his penny guides to a Half Price Books (or equivalent, I forget the used book store name), and those guides were noticed a day or so later by GS Loss Prevention (who recognized the group of guides as being from their drop list a few days earlier). Remember, stores are legally NOT supposed to sell recalled book, per their legal contracts with the publishers.[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing happened in my part of central Texas. I wrote about it a couple of months ago. GS used to be a gold mine for guides, and now every store but one is being militantly watched to make sure they account for every single discontinued guide in the system. I asked why, and each store gave me the exact same explanation: "The DM found out the guides were being resold, so he's cracking down." And those guides always appear at Half Price Books within days of a drop.

It's not a stretch to imagine that the conspicuous consumption of penny guides at BB (re: walking out with "stacks" of guides) is the reason corporate has stepped up training to defeat penny guides via pre-pulls or stopping the sale at the register. Just like with the occasional free game glitch, I don't think it's their system noticing it so much as a manager hearing about it from a cashier and e-mailing HQ. Which could happen if someone buys ONE penny guide or free game but is far more likely when someone gets 9 games or 20 penny guides in one visit. That kind of display causes discussion amongst bored cashiers. Food for thought....

dumb question -

is the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 guide really small? (Prima)

Cause if so, could the OP please list which are small guides in the OP?
Heck, thumbnails of multiple versions on the stands would be great, if I'm wishing for things... :)
(i.e. show image of Bioshock 2 LE cover when there's a Bioshock 2 guide right next to it on the BB shelves at the time of a drop)

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='reapersaurus']dumb question -

Heck, thumbnails of multiple versions on the stands would be great, if I'm wishing for things... :)
(i.e. show image of Bioshock 2 LE cover when there's a Bioshock 2 guide right next to it on the BB shelves at the time of a drop)

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Can you really not just take the time to look through the entire shelf of guides to see which ones are pennied? It should be pretty obvious which ones are the LE vs. the regular.

Ended up getting 1 each of the LE guides (2 total of the Bioshock LE). The other store was in disarray and changing layouts, but a sales guy went in back and dug me out a Bioshock, GOWIII and Alan Wake LE guide form the warehouse. Small haul, but I got what I wanted. The wife was happy about Alan Wake. I was happy with the others. Think I'm going to frame the lithographs from BS2 and GOWIII and put them on the wall in my game room.

So, these are not supposed to be sold? Best Buy always pennied out guides. I've struck gold numorous times. What's the issue?

[quote name='meilojelio']So, these are not supposed to be sold? Best Buy always pennied out guides. I've struck gold numorous times. What's the issue?[/QUOTE]

They are never supposed to be sold. If they were supposed to be sold people would just wait until the guide goes to a penny then buy them.

[quote name='paintballers']Does anyone know what it means if theres a Green Sticker on the guides? I assume its on clearance or does it mean its pennied out?[/QUOTE]

Clearance. Bestbuy doesn't mark items that are a penny typically unless its a shelf tag which is still very rare.

[quote name='Ultragamer']They are never supposed to be sold. If they were supposed to be sold people would just wait until the guide goes to a penny then buy them.[/QUOTE]

This.

I used to work there, and while it's been a few years we were supposed to tear the covers off and throw them in the compactor. Of course we took what we could, because new shelf stickers would print with all other price changes from corporate overnight letting us know which ones were marked down. I don't know if the procedure has changed but I'm sure it's always varied by store.

I did make a return trip today and scored the last GOWIII and a BFBC2 guide. There were a bunch of Crackdown 2 and some others I had no interest in.

[quote name='Zippon']Same exact thing happened in my part of central Texas. I wrote about it a couple of months ago. GS used to be a gold mine for guides, and now every store but one is being militantly watched to make sure they account for every single discontinued guide in the system. I asked why, and each store gave me the exact same explanation: "The DM found out the guides were being resold, so he's cracking down." And those guides always appear at Half Price Books within days of a drop.

It's not a stretch to imagine that the conspicuous consumption of penny guides at BB (re: walking out with "stacks" of guides) is the reason corporate has stepped up training to defeat penny guides via pre-pulls or stopping the sale at the register. Just like with the occasional free game glitch, I don't think it's their system noticing it so much as a manager hearing about it from a cashier and e-mailing HQ. Which could happen if someone buys ONE penny guide or free game but is far more likely when someone gets 9 games or 20 penny guides in one visit. That kind of display causes discussion amongst bored cashiers. Food for thought....[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there are far too many people that are greedy and don't give any thought to future drop potential. Subtlety is a foreign concept to them.

I went back to a BB I grabbed some LE's from on Monday. I did not know LittleBigPlanet Super Book had pennied at the time so I thought I would see if there were still some on the shelf. I went right to the guides and pulled the two LBP's. I noticed there were still some others I left from Monday (Modnation Racers for one), but I did not hang around long because a middle aged man in casual business dress went to the blue shirt and told him there were guides on the shelf for a penny that were not supposed to be sold. :roll: I went right to the cashier who checked me out on Monday, paid my 2 pennies and went to my car. I really wanted to go back to see what this was all about, but had more to do. He did not look like a DM, but the alternative is incomprehensible to a CAG.

EDIT: By the way, it was posted on SD day one.

It's funny - my local Best Buy had 1 or 2 copies of 6 or 7 different guides on the drop still on the shelf as of like 5pm yesterday - picked up on of each.

The funny part, they were all actually stickered with the yellow Best Buy price sticker reading 0.01.

Oh my god I was in best but yesterday and almost bought three alan wake LE guide - and I thought it was $25! What are the odds it's still there tomorrow?

I checked my Best Buy and they had a GoW III LE guide but it had a different sku on it (he had to manually key it in) and rang up $19.99.

Nothing else was there.

Oddly enough the Mayfield store must have been tired of giving out penny guides after I got ~50 from them in two days. I went to check for Singularity and the DS book today and they didn't have them, but I went to pick up a couple more Pokemon Platinum but they rang up $15. :(

[/QUOTE]

Add when your out of town, they aint like your reg store. Found a Bioshock 2 LE, had the BB tag on the front but no barcode on the back.
You know the story, manually typed it in, it was a penny. Front sticker said 34.99, and did a manual price adjustment to 34.99. I said natuarlly I'd rather have it for a penny and no deal.
So guys who live in Pensacola Fl, your best buy sux. They also put 50% off stickers on their pile of Star Wars TFU guides. I thought, they'd ring up a penny just to manually price them to 1/2 off cover price? Thats kinda fucked up

[quote name='Ultragamer']Is it possible for penny guide prices to be brought back up in price?[/QUOTE]

A few years ago they raised the price on Burnout Paradise and a couple of other guides, they were still cheap (under $1.00) though.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Ended up getting 1 each of the LE guides (2 total of the Bioshock LE). The other store was in disarray and changing layouts, but a sales guy went in back and dug me out a Bioshock, GOWIII and Alan Wake LE guide form the warehouse. Small haul, but I got what I wanted. The wife was happy about Alan Wake. I was happy with the others. Think I'm going to frame the lithographs from BS2 and GOWIII and put them on the wall in my game room.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I asked one of them to see if they had the Pokemon one and he told me to come back in a few days when the reset would be finished.:bomb:

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Ended up getting 1 each of the LE guides (2 total of the Bioshock LE). The other store was in disarray and changing layouts, but a sales guy went in back and dug me out a Bioshock, GOWIII and Alan Wake LE guide form the warehouse. Small haul, but I got what I wanted. The wife was happy about Alan Wake. I was happy with the others. Think I'm going to frame the lithographs from BS2 and GOWIII and put them on the wall in my game room.[/QUOTE]

WTF ?? The GoW 3 LE Guide has lithographs ? I already sold mine and I wish I would have kept them :cry:

[quote name='reapersaurus']dumb question -

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Are you REALLY that fuckin' lazy that you can't take the extra 10 seconds to check to see if there's any other versions of a guide around? Also, when someone says LE/SE/CE version of a guide has pennied, they obviously don't mean the softcover version of a guide. So....duhhhhhhh....it's gonna be the HARDcover, dumbass.

And people wonder why I never wanna contribute anymore, since the more info you hand people the more they wanna be spoonfed the rest. Do some legwork for yourself.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']WTF ?? The GoW 3 LE Guide has lithographs ? I already sold mine and I wish I would have kept them :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yep, each one has 1 of 4 numbered lithograms. Which I say look pretty nice.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Are you REALLY that fuckin' lazy that you can't take the extra 10 seconds to check to see if there's any other versions of a guide around? Also, when someone says LE/SE/CE version of a guide has pennied, they obviously don't mean the softcover version of a guide. So....duhhhhhhh....it's gonna be the HARDcover, dumbass.

And people wonder why I never wanna contribute anymore, since the more info you hand people the more they wanna be spoonfed the rest. Do some legwork for yourself.[/QUOTE]

damn your awsome :applause:

I struck out at the second BB store by me and the first one reorganized and shuffled the frickin' shelves around again. Everything except for two lone Red Steel 2 guides were GONE by the time I could get there today. So I took what I could get, then used my piddily $5 RZ certificate I had somehow amassed to buy 3 packs of Stride at $1.50 a pack and called it a day.;)

I had contemplated getting the :ps3:Bioshock 2 SE that's still on the clearance shelf at the second store for $35 after 50% discount, but I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger, since I don't want the extras and I've already seen the ending(s) to the game so I don't even need to muck through it.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']The one in Sunnyvale, CA near the petco.

Even the one in east palo alto by the IKEA was out of the God of War 3 LE. The only guide I'm looking for lol.[/QUOTE]

oh...not the one i went to then. I got a whole bunch, but unfortunately they aren't want you're looking for...

[quote name='180husher']Seriously, I asked one of them to see if they had the Pokemon one and he told me to come back in a few days when the reset would be finished.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah - they were kind of losers about the whole thing. He told me he'd have them back out by next week sometime.

[quote name='dabamus']The Saboteur pennied at GS today. GO GO GO!!![/QUOTE]

OH come on dabamus! surely you know most of us already have that..any way to know if some other ones did? GS drops are so tricky b/c there will be 3 days worth of one title per day being posted as dropped..

That's all afaik. The stores I went to with the exception of one didn't even know it pennied until I brought it to the register for a price check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back