Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread XII(Stock locator trick FAQ added to OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me welcome you all to the new guide thread. Second, I'd like to ask you all to please keep conversations not pertaining to guide drops to a minimum to avoid cluttering the thread. It's not that I don't enjoy the chit chat, but that it may stop others from locating information on the newest drops.

That being said, let me thank Cheapy for creating this site, without which I would've spent probably 10 times what I HAVE spent on games and guides. Moreover, let me thank each and every one of my fellow CAGs for continuing to contribute to making this site a great place to find out about sales and clearances of the items we as gamers use most. Without a great community, NONE of this would be possible.

Now, with that out of the way(and before I get to rambling), let's get on to making this new thread.

Useful Information(and links):

Game Guide Trade Thread(KEEP ALL TRADE REQUESTS HERE OR IN PM'S):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175548

PLEASE keep ALL trade requests in there or PM's. Thank you.

Reduced Price Guide Discussion Thread(KEEP ALL DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO GUIDE DROPS HERE!!!):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169252

What is the purpose of this thread?

The purpose of this thread is to let our fellow CAGs know when a guide has dropped to a low price(it's NOT ALWAYS A PENNY), so they can go out and grab guides for themselves and for trading with other CAGs.

Anytime you have guide drops to report, post them here. Please specify at which store you found them and which guides you found and list them in alphabetical order. Thank you. Please, whenever possible, use RED font to make the drop info stand out. Thanks again.

What are penny guides?

Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Prior Reduced price game guide threads:

Guide Three:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ighlight=guide
Guide Four:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/....php?p=1496376
Guide Five:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85976
Guide Six:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=116918
Guide Seven:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=131717
Guide Seven and a half:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=142400
Guide Eight:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=167157
Guide Nine:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=187222
Guide Ten:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219547

Finally, below is a list of website links, each of which goes to their respective guide page. Whenever possible, I will update the links with better ones(if available).

Amazon
Barnes&Noble
BestBuy
Gamestop
Overstock
Strategyguides.net
ToysRUs

Thanks to floormat, Guinaevere and anyone else who has created and maintained the guide thread before, as well as to all of those who find out either advance information on drops or provide a list of which ones dropped when we do have a drop.

The post below this one contains a list going back at LEAST six months of the more current guide drops, which stores they occured at and which ones dropped. Note that sometimes(Oblivion guide, Quake Wars: Enemy Territory)there are multiple versions of a guide, be it that there are Prima versions, Brady versions and the occasional Nintendo and Doublejump guides.

Please specify WHICH version has dropped when mentioning possible guide drops. Thank you.

Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ):

FAQ - If you are new (or a vet with a few questions) look here SECOND! (After reading the above!)

Q: What Are Penny Guides?
A: Penny guides are guides which have been on the market for a while and the publisher(or store chain) decide that the remaining stock of these guides have little to no chance of selling, so they issue an order to pull them from the shelves and destroy them. At that time, they are also marked as .01 in their inventory system, except in the case of BBV, which marks them .01 only AFTER pulling them.

Most stores have an agreement with the publisher that states that if they destroy the remaining stock of those items, they will receive a credit for their value from the publisher. This is why many stores are usually annoyed when we CAGs come in and buy the guides AT the penny price, since otherwise they would've received a full credit for those items.

According to an employee at a local BB, they also have a recycling program for the pennied stock, so as to not clutter landfill space with the guides. As to how true it is, I cannot confirm, but I would hope that the paper is at least recycled instead of just dumpstered.

Q: Do all guides from all stores drop at the same time?
A: No. While most chains have nationwide drops within their own store (as in every BB will have the same drops coast to coast), not every different chain drops at the same time (what drops at BB is NOT necessarily dropped at GS). When in doubt, check post TWO for drop info.

Q: I found a penny guide and a clerk denied me! I'ma report 'em!
A: Whoa, hold your horses there, pardner! First of all, not a question. Second, just because something is on the shelf, the clerk does NOT have to sell you that item. Most stores are PRIVATE property and as such can deny you just about anything they want - including a sale. The best advice is to not be rude, not be arrogant, and just try hard to get them to have pity on you.

Q: Why don't the clerks want to sell me their penny guides? Aren't they just throwing them away?
A: As stated above, the stores are ordered by the publisher to trash the guides, and are then given credit for those guides. If they don't do this, the publisher won't give them the credit - it's like losing a sale. On the employee level, selling a penny guide can sometimes get them in trouble (or even fired!) I know it seems silly, but this is their job we're talking about! Respect the man (or woman) behind the counter and you'll get a lot more guides than otherwise!

To expand on this, if you come off as DEMANDING, then you'll likely be barred from the store and possibly banned from ALL of their stores entirely. Moreover, you may be charged with trespassing if you continue to press this, as retail stores are PRIVATE PROPERTY.

The penny price is NOT an actual price that the stores HAVE to sell the merchandise for, it is a 'marker' in their system to the employees to pull/destroy those items. The fact that we as CAG's get ANY of these means that employees are not doing their jobs correctly and we are very lucky to even get them in the first place.

So don't press your luck and ruin it for everyone by being an asshole to a manager/cashier who just wants to keep their job by doing what they're supposed to.

Q: Should I just ask if the store has penny guides then?
A: No, since that denotes that you have some insider information as to the runnings of these businesses.

Q: What if the clerk wants to know how I know so much about guide drops?
A: If asked where you got your info about guides that pennied, simply say either 'the internet' or 'a friend of mine told me they're on clearance'.

Q: But clerks will know what a penny guide is, right? I can talk to them like anyone else here...
A: Never use the word pennied to ANY store clerks unless you have built up a good rapport with them. Even then, it may seem a little fishy if you know more about their shop than they do.

Q: Are guides labeled as a penny on the shelf?
A: Sometimes. Most times, no. GS seems to label everything that gets a price drop, so often times guides will be stickered. But even so, they most likely won't sell them to you. A sticker does not mean 'have to sell'.

Q: I tried to buy a guide that this thread said was pennied and it didn't ring up as such! What gives?
A: Either 1) Our source was wrong (this rarely happens and is usually verified a FEW times within maybe an hour of posting), or 2) The clerk changed the price or 3) There are multiple versions of the guide and the one you grabbed is a newer version that has NOT pennied as of yet. Some examples of this are: The Godfather and Oblivion.

Q: What's the easiest way to get penny guides? This sounds like TONS of work!
A: Best Buy is probably the best place to get guides, followed by GameStop, GameCrazy, Toys R Us and then Blockbuster. From what I've seen though, probably 95% of guides that people get are snagged at BB - the rest come from the other stores. But it never hurts to try!

Q: Has there been a drop recently?
A: If you are asking this question you didn't fully understand the OP - go back and read it once more. When a drop happens, it will be posted, and then placed in the second post - trust us.

Q: How do you guys know so much about penny guides?
A: We sometimes have inside sources with the information from the stores themselves; other times, fellow CAGS just like you or me simply take suspected guides to the register and ask them to ring them up, to check their prices. Feel free to do this yourself, and help give back to the community by telling us what you find! However, DON'T ask "Has anyone checked XXX lately?", unless you are in the right thread (discussion area).

Best Buy Stock Locator FAQ to find stock for deleted SKU's(works for games and guides):

Here's a good little trick that some of you may already know. If you want to find out if your local Best Buy has stock of an item, but the page(and SKU) for it has been deleted you can STILL find/create a stock locator page for it.

Here's how to do it:

Google the item you're looking for the SKU for. Once you find it, take that SKU and copy/paste it into the URL for another item's stock locator page on BestBuy.com after where it says skuID=(example: blahblahblahblahskuID=2085453), then hit enter to reload the page with the new SKU in place of the old one and search away.:D

Unfortunately no such method exists for Gamestop at this time.

Thanks to GrilledWitOnions for creating the above FAQ, which should eliminate the need for such questions popping up in the thread from this point on out.

PLEASE USE THE THREAD TOOLS DROP DOWN MENU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW THREAD, RATHER THAN WASTING A POST TO POST 'TAGGED'. THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']And yet when someone comes in asking unnecessary questions, you answer them anyway, albeit with a ranty nature. Why not just ignore them?[/QUOTE]

If you ignore them they just repeatedly post asking the same question even if their posts get deleted by a mod. I remember getting 3 email notifications because someone posted the same stupid question 3 times and it kept getting deleted or ignored.

[quote name='Ultragamer']If you ignore them they just repeatedly post asking the same question even if their posts get deleted by a mod. I remember getting 3 email notifications because someone posted the same stupid question 3 times and it kept getting deleted or ignored.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause:Exactly.

People who are too lazy to do their own research into what is what price where will repeatedly ask the same questions until someone relents and answers their question. Of course, then it's a miracle if the idiot sees the response and doesn't re-ask the question again, rather than looking back a page or so for their answer.:roll:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']And yet when someone comes in asking unnecessary questions, you answer them anyway, albeit with a ranty nature. Why not just ignore them?[/QUOTE]

winner-illustration1.jpg

i never find penny guides @ gamestop so i finally just asked a gamestop employee today and he said yea i have some in the back :) he gave me

super mario galaxy 2 ce
tron
ncaa 11
crackdown 2
prince of persia
lego indy 2
and alan wake

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause::applause:Exactly.

People who are too lazy to do their own research into what is what price where will repeatedly ask the same questions until someone relents and answers their question. Of course, then it's a miracle if the idiot sees the response and doesn't re-ask the question again, rather than looking back a page or so for their answer.:roll:[/QUOTE]
Or they re ask the same question again because they dont like the answer. I see this all the time at work.

[quote name='wrencrest']Or they re ask the same question again because they dont like the answer. I see this all the time at work.[/QUOTE]
I used to get that all the time when I worked retail. You'd tell someone the answer to their question, they'd look at you for a second, then ask it again as if suddenly it'd be a different answer from 5 seconds earlier.:roll:

That's when I would just page a manager, then go back to my department while shaking my head.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to get that all the time when I worked retail. You'd tell someone the answer to their question, they'd look at you for a second, then ask it again as if suddenly it'd be a different answer from 5 seconds earlier.:roll:

That's when I would just page a manager, then go back to my department while shaking my head.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
It aint just retail. Idiots are everywhere. I work at a large financial institution and have Executive Directors asking our team the same thing over and over.

[quote name='elitewillie']Just picked up another 30 at BB. Lol. No luck with any Gamestops yet[/QUOTE]

Presumably you are finding older drops...? Surprised no one cleaned those out already after all this time.

[quote name='elitewillie']Just picked up another 30 at BB. Lol. No luck with any Gamestops yet[/QUOTE]

Careful, You might have a harder time in the future if the managers catch wind that a lot of penny guides are being grabbed and they may make sure to pull guides in the next drop.

Nice, how did you go about asking them?[quote name='bredbu']i never find penny guides @ gamestop so i finally just asked a gamestop employee today and he said yea i have some in the back :) he gave me

super mario galaxy 2 ce
tron
ncaa 11
crackdown 2
prince of persia
lego indy 2
and alan wake[/QUOTE]

[quote name='k1ngster']Nice, how did you go about asking them?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about how he asks, but I have always done it the same.

Strike up a conversation with the employees, be nice and buy something (expensive or cheap, doesn't really matter, I usually go with a preorder), After checkout I usually ask "Hey, I heard some strategy guides dropped to a penny.. Do you happen to still have any?" or if I see the stack behind the counter of the just dropped guides then I'll say, "Oh hey, could I get one of those guides for (blank)? I've really needed some help in finishing it."

It's worked really well at GS up until I moved to a new town. Here they treat me like a thief if I mention anything about penny guides.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to get that all the time when I worked retail. You'd tell someone the answer to their question, they'd look at you for a second, then ask it again as if suddenly it'd be a different answer from 5 seconds earlier.:roll:[/QUOTE]

You may not be married yet IATCG, but you already know what it feels like!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Let's link and quote them for those(you) who are obviously too fuckin' stupid to read and comprehend.[/QUOTE]Really? The rants need to calm down.

It's an entirely logical question seeing as this was posted just earlier:
[quote name='elitewillie']Just hit the mother load. 30 guides at one BB. Will post pics.[/QUOTE]
And discussion in following posts went towards BB from there. QED, folks thought there was a Best Buy drop.

[quote name='guinaevere']Really? The rants need to calm down.

It's an entirely logical question seeing as this was posted just earlier:

And discussion in following posts went towards BB from there. QED, folks thought there was a Best Buy drop.[/QUOTE]
But there wasn't a drop at BB and had those who were asking for info on this phantom drop actually read back in the thread or at least skimmed those pages or read the second post(which is normally updated within 2-12 hours after info comes in) then they would have seen that there was no info of a drop for BB and we wouldn't have had this confusion.

But I've noticed more and more people who tend to want to be spoonfed info on here anymore who don't want to have to read or pay attention to a thread to get a deal and I'm not going to enable them to continue being lazy. They want to know for certain if something dropped(even if it didn't) at BB or GS, then read the second post and/or skim the posts preceding theirs.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But there wasn't a drop at BB and had those who were asking for info on this phantom drop actually read back in the thread or at least skimmed those pages or read the second post(which is normally updated within 2-12 hours after info comes in) then they would have seen that there was no info of a drop for BB and we wouldn't have had this confusion.

But I've noticed more and more people who tend to want to be spoonfed info on here anymore who don't want to have to read or pay attention to a thread to get a deal and I'm not going to enable them to continue being lazy. They want to know for certain if something dropped(even if it didn't) at BB or GS, then read the second post and/or skim the posts preceding theirs.[/QUOTE]

None of this justifies your rampages and name-calling. It's childish and it's beyond stale.

Sorry but I'm not a professional rep like SHC-Gamer and I don't have to give people the same answer 1000 times. If they can't read, then they need to (insert colorful euphemism here).

Wow some people can be so immature or are 12 year olds. This site is called cheapassgamer.com NOT cheapassenglishteacher.com. Why bother having this thread if not all stores have the same prices. If we are judging peoples' grammar, the first post isn't too organized since the most important factor of not all stores dropping the prices is hidden in a spoiler link. Also the list of guides by store goes back and forth between stores which causes confusion. This thread is also false advertising.

[quote name='boneless']Can anyone confirm the Pokemon Platinum drop at GS? I talked to my manager/friend and he swears it hasn't dropped yet.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to be able to find it since it was reported to be dropped and I know 2 locations near me that had it before the drop happened. Maybe your friend didn't have it in stock thus the store he works at wouldn't have gotten notified of the drop, or looked up the wrong guide when trying to find out.

[quote name='boneless']Can anyone confirm the Pokemon Platinum drop at GS? I talked to my manager/friend and he swears it hasn't dropped yet.[/QUOTE]
Pokemon Platinum DID drop. I found one in the dumpster with a penny sticker on it.;)

As for davidflecha's post there, I have to ask....are you fuckin' kidding me? That's all I'm saying on that, since if I hit send on my current post I have written up in response I will likely be perma banned.

No one else(save for a few) has had a single problem with the way this thread is organized and run except for you. Now what does THAT tell you?

Guinaevere,

Wouldn't it be easier for you to support people who contribute to CAG (like IATCG, Confoosious, etc) by telling people who ask the same questions over and over to either read the OP or get ban. Or by deleting their posts?

I have no problems with the rants and arguments, but the repeated questions need to be addressed. If you or any other mod, deleted these repeat question posts....I think that people won't go into a crazy rant.

Just my 2 cents.
Am I crossing the line by writing this? If so, sorry.:)

I was gonna say something about everyone calming down... because I just want some damn penny guides!:) Then I saw this gem of a post:
[quote name='davidflecha17']Why bother having this thread if not all stores have the same prices. If we are judging peoples' grammar, the first post isn't too organized since the most important factor of not all stores dropping the prices is hidden in a spoiler link. Also the list of guides by store goes back and forth between stores which causes confusion. This thread is also false advertising.[/QUOTE]Why bother having ANY deal threads??? Of course different retail chains are going to have different prices just like video game deals :roll: Even if the store information piece is hidden in a spoiler IT IS STILL IN THE OP... if you read the OP you will have your question answered. The reason the list of guide drops goes back and forth is because it is sorted by DATE (aka the most important factor for drops). And finally how is this thread false advertising? Last time I heard 1 penny is cheaper than $20... man people these days :bomb: And it actually takes me a lot to get agitated.

[quote name='davidflecha17']Wow some people can be so immature or are 12 year olds. This site is called cheapassgamer.com NOT cheapassenglishteacher.com. Why bother having this thread if not all stores have the same prices. If we are judging peoples' grammar, the first post isn't too organized since the most important factor of not all stores dropping the prices is hidden in a spoiler link. Also the list of guides by store goes back and forth between stores which causes confusion. This thread is also false advertising.[/QUOTE]

You might as well say, "why bother with the Target, Toys 'R Us, Sears, & Best Buy clearance threads." These type of deals are YMMV, especially with guides. If it were not for this thread, only a select few CAGs would know about these price drops. Thanks to guys like ultragamer, IATCG, and others that have contributed to this topic in the past, all CAGs know about it. Including your ungrateful, confused ass.

You always read the 1st post in almost any thread you go into. In this thread, all the info you need is in the first 4 or 5 posts. You need to read especially this: Common Guide Drop Related Questions(FAQ). These type of responses could easily be avoided by you and others by just following forum protocol.

[quote name='JordanPlayer']And it actually takes me a lot to get agitated.[/QUOTE]

It does for me too :lol:

[quote name='davidflecha17']Why bother having this thread if not all stores have the same prices. If we are judging peoples' grammar, the first post isn't too organized since the most important factor of not all stores dropping the prices is hidden in a spoiler link. Also the list of guides by store goes back and forth between stores which causes confusion. This thread is also false advertising.[/QUOTE]

You're right. This thread sucks. So stay the fuck out of it, dildo.

Also for anyone who got the Assassins Creed Brotherhood Collectors from gamestop could you post the SKU please? On the gamestop sticker it will be the number right above the price on the left.

Why are most Gamestop employees such d***ks? They think they are nerd gods. Dude just give me the freaking guides. It's not like they are taking the cost of said guides from your paycheck.

[quote name='elitewillie']On another note. Why are most Gamestop employees such d***ks? They think they are nerd gods. Dude just give me the freaking guides. It's not like they are taking the cost of said guides from your paycheck.[/QUOTE]

Actually employee's can lose their jobs for letting penny guides go or for giving them away. Some employee's don't have strict DM's but other do. I know a couple gamestops here do.

Every single GameStop in the central Ohio area, a little east of Columbus is under orders to destroy the guides.

That being said, I never did when I worked there. And it's not just the guides, figurines, random stuff, PC games... A lot gets pennied. :(

At least my fiance works there now, to clean up the "trash" in the penny box. lol

Crap, didn't really know that they could lose their jobs over giving out the guides. I can understand then. Would really want someone to lose their lively hood for a couple of 1 cent guides...

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
ASSASSIN'S CREED II (softcover)

are verified pennied out

Amazingly also saw Final Fantasy XII (12) Limited Edition and ringed up 14.99
Was that ever pennied out?

[quote name='Readthepost']Guinaevere,

Wouldn't it be easier for you to support people who contribute to CAG (like IATCG, Confoosious, etc) by telling people who ask the same questions over and over to either read the OP or get ban. Or by deleting their posts?

I have no problems with the rants and arguments, but the repeated questions need to be addressed. If you or any other mod, deleted these repeat question posts....I think that people won't go into a crazy rant.

Just my 2 cents.
Am I crossing the line by writing this? If so, sorry.:)[/QUOTE]

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Don't ever put me in the same sentence with IATTCG! :lol:

You know, I used to go all apeshit and I still do that once in a while but I just reply now with "Read the OP". Either they'll read it or they won't. But what you can't do is berate them AND answer the question. Teach a man to fish and all that jazz.

Then again, when you see a post like this, you have to wonder if it's worth the aggravation at all.

Some people really need to act like the age that's shown on their state-issued ID or driver's license, since it looks like some people are acting like children and stomping their feet when they don't get their way or making lots of noise because people won't listen to what they have to say.

It's truly getting annoying to have a thread once again need a thorough flushing out.

Maybe what this thread needs is a more patient person to take it over, someone who will just answer the questions ad nauseam without being annoyed that people can't take the time to read the ample info that's already been provided for them that should answer any questions they have?
[quote name='nixmahn']NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
ASSASSIN'S CREED II (softcover)

are verified pennied out

Amazingly also saw Final Fantasy XII (12) Limited Edition and ringed up 14.99
Was that ever pennied out?[/QUOTE]
I'll add AC II to the second post. Thanks again nixmahn. As for FFXII LE it has never pennied out yet. It's funny, since besides that guide the Animal Crossing City Folk guide that just dropped has been the one that I've seen the most of at Gamestop stores.

Each GS I saw AC: CF at had easily 10+.:roll:

See I can be mature about these things. I am not hot tempered but if someone calls me out I am not going to stay quiet. A couple of you guys probably need anger management classes or some therapy.

Its false advertising because not all places have 1 cent guides. Stop calling them "penny guides" if they are not always a penny. Some of you guys shouldn't get mad at someone who exposes this thread for being raised on false hopes.

There's probably a lot of members that can't get 1 cent guides but maybe they are afraid to mention anything because they don't want to get struck down by those 2 or 3 rude and disgusting members on this thread. Also, there's of the fact that the OP said he doesn't want post that have nothing to do with price drops. You guys need to realize that I am just stating the facts that your lists aren't 100% accurate.

I am looking out for the community while you guys are shooting down every one that doesn't comply.

Really? Should I get banned for not looking at the original post with a magnifying glass?

One quick question: Do you guys honestly go to the stores with a 20 pages full of the names of the cheap strategy guides or do you go by memory? I went by memory and most likely got the stores mixed up. Do I deserve to get massacred?

I am not getting kicked out of this post. I am leaving on my own terms because I have nothing else to say. I am not going to waste my time on this thread anymore. I don't want any hot heads to get banned on here so a bit of advice: Treat members with respect.

:applause: Just to note if anyone has been reading all of this; the guide drop list in the 2nd post is 100% accurate. If you go to the CORRECT retail store that is listed in the drop info the guide(s) will ring up 1 penny unless the cashier quickly does a price override. I haven't had an issue with price overrides at BB; but I have had multiple price overrides at Gamestop (1 on this recent drop)... just say no thanks I can get it cheaper online/used.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Also for anyone who got the Assassins Creed Brotherhood Collectors from gamestop could you post the SKU please? On the gamestop sticker it will be the number right above the price on the left.[/QUOTE]Here you go: 830352. :D

[quote name='davidflecha17']Its false advertising because not all places have 1 cent guides. Stop calling them "penny guides" if they are not always a penny. Some of you guys shouldn't get mad at someone who exposes this thread for being raised on false hopes.
[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm gonna just comment on this one part. This thread is not false advertising at all. The guides listed are a penny at the store they are listed for. It would be false advertising if we said that every guide on the shelves at bestbuy are now a penny. It does not though, the OP lists only guides that went to a penny for the store they are pennied out at. If the store didn't penny the guide, then it isn't a penny there. the "penny guides" are always a penny, regular guides are regular price. It's not false hope.

[quote name='Vigilante']Here you go: 830352. :D[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

You're overthinking it, Ultragamer. The reason that it's not false advertising is the fact that this isn't advertising at all.

So whether it's false or not is irrelevant.

Last drop (or 2 ago) at GS, one store had a stack of the guides on the counter that you could just grab for free. There was nothing I wanted, so I didn't. It all depends on the DM, I guess. In my district, the DM could care less and the managers have been at their stores forever, so they kind of make their own rules.

Also, can anyone confirm Assassins Creed II dropping? I could have grabbed that from one location over the weekend, probably too late now if true.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Maybe what this thread needs is a more patient person to take it over, someone who will just answer the questions ad nauseam without being annoyed that people can't take the time to read the ample info that's already been provided for them that should answer any questions they have?[/QUOTE]

Since those posts clearly bother you so much that may not be a bad idea. You certainly seem burned out so maybe one of the other regulars can run with the OP maintenance for a while.

It's not that I actually want to give it up, but perhaps I am too reactionary for my own good. I should just let the posts by those trying to figure this out by asking questions stand and if someone else in the thread wants to actually answer every question they have(that could likely be answered by the OP and checking out the second/third posts) then so be it. But it kind of makes the first through third posts sort of useless if folks keep coming in asking why X guide didn't ring up at a penny, when they could've seen it didn't drop by looking at the second or third post.

[quote name='51jack']Iamthecheapestgamer should just become a moderator.

solves all problems.[/QUOTE]

worst idea ever :applause:

[quote name='51jack']Iamthecheapestgamer should just become a moderator.

solves all problems.[/QUOTE]
I am IAmTheCheapestGamer and I approve this message.:lol: But ya know, that wouldn't be a bad idea.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back