Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I meant the CE, which I couldn't find. But Ultragamer provided a list, but the Store Locator confirms that I'm out of luck. :wall:[/QUOTE]
That's what version I meant as well. But sometimes if it shows out of stock it may just be that they only have 1-3 copies of it, since it's been said before that BB's stock locator doesn't show something in stock unless it's 3 or over I think.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Found (and hid) 5 MoH LE, a SMG2 CE and a DR2 CE... I'll be back ;)[/QUOTE]

I hope another CAG steals all your shit.

---

thanks for the heads up lox. I'm in the market for DR2 CE myself. Missed out on the GS drop.

[quote name='confoosious']I hope another CAG steals all your shit.

---

thanks for the heads up lox. I'm in the market for DR2 CE myself. Missed out on the GS drop.[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't get a DR2 CE. In fact, if I get mine, I'll videotape myself burning it and PM it to you.

[quote name='confoosious']I hope another CAG steals all your shit.

---

thanks for the heads up lox. I'm in the market for DR2 CE myself. Missed out on the GS drop.[/QUOTE]

agreed. i'd understand if he hid 1, maybe 2..but 5??? thats just f'd up.

[quote name='technicalstylez']agreed. i'd understand if he hid 1, maybe 2..but 5??? thats just f'd up.[/QUOTE]

I actually left 4 on the shelf to see if they get pulled or not. But ok

Hey can someone post a link for DR2 and FF...for some reason i can't get a link via google or doing the change sku trick. I would post links for the other two that i was able to get to work but guess new users can't post links.

eh, I hid one copy each of the LE's mentioned except FF13 which they didn't have any of. There were plenty of the others though so i don't 'feel' bad about it. Plus, I'll likely be going on a 4 store run - god and wife - willing..so I might not even need to get into that stash.

Lucky Number 13 this thread is indeed! glad we kept it down after Shrike's Monday warning, now let it rip guys!!

Hello fellow CAGers, long time thread follower, first time attempter has 2 questions. You can PM me the answer if its not known to be made public:

1) These BBY drops are they to .01?
2) Do you guys do just straight checkout with nothing else at the price or add something else to not arise suspicion?
3)Any way to check price before attempting to checkout?

[quote name='token2k6']eh, I hid one copy each of the LE's mentioned except FF13 which they didn't have any of. There were plenty of the others though so i don't 'feel' bad about it. Plus, I'll likely be going on a 4 store run - god and wife - willing..so I might not even need to get into that stash.

Lucky Number 13 this thread is indeed! glad we kept it down after Shrike's Monday warning, now let it rip guys!![/QUOTE]

Ooh token, just to let you know, I'll be at the Gulfgate location at opening time :lol: Then I'll make my way to 3 other stores :D I hope they don't pull them afterwards.

[quote name='nas6034']Hello fellow CAGers, long time thread follower, first time attempter has 2 questions. You can PM me the answer if its not known to be made public:

1) These BBY drops are they to .01?
2) Do you guys do just straight checkout with nothing else at the price or add something else to not arise suspicion?
3)Any way to check price before attempting to checkout?[/QUOTE]
1. yes
2. i usually just buy a bag of candy
3. no, just check the list here, it is always accurate.

[quote name='nas6034']Hello fellow CAGers, long time thread follower, first time attempter has 2 questions. You can PM me the answer if its not known to be made public:

2) Do you guys do just straight checkout with nothing else at the price or add something else to not arise suspicion?[/QUOTE]
In the OP, there is a FAQ section behind a spoiler. I think IATCG put some information and ideas of some successful methods of successful Penny buying.

I often will grab a diet coke from the fridge. But I almost always ask the clerk to check the prices on the guides because "I saw these were clearanced online." Which technically isn't an untruth. I did see that they were marked down online, I just didn't see that information at THEIR site. I saw that information HERE.

Depending on the personality and experience of the clerk, the reaction can be anything from "oh yeah, there was a whole cart full of these earlier" to "Whoa, one cent?!?!? Let me just call my manager." Getting a manager is almost always death to the deal.

But no matter what, I always smile and let them do as they need to. I don't ever want a clerk to get fired on my behalf. So if they don't let me buy the guides, I thank them anyway, buy my drink and sulk in my car.

I picked up a guide at Gamestop yesterday and it rang up as 1 penny and the employee marked it back up to $19.99 in front of me. Anyone else have that happen to them?

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, two guides just dropped off BB.com, no idea which two though.[/QUOTE]

9539635 Assassins Creed II
1345476 Codes and Cheats Fall 2010

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, two guides just dropped off BB.com, no idea which two though.[/QUOTE]One of them appears to be the FFXIII CE (which doesn't show up when searching "final fantasy xiii"), but I don't know what the other might be...it's not Borderlands GotY, though.

Thanks. I thought one was one of the codes and cheats.

EDIT: vigillante(sp?): the FFXIII CE has been off there since last October at least.

hmm the manager at the gs i now frequent is super nice and now sets aside penny guides for me to go through and pick from. i dont hoard and take everything, just the guides for games i have or are planning to get soon. the other gs i used to get penny guides from just sold them to me for .01 each. your best bet is to develop a friendly relationship with the employees and frequently shop there as a regular. they are more likely to hook you up that way as compared to just showing up randomly on days guides are pennied out.

[quote name='guinaevere']Lots of people. It's within their rights to do so. Contrary, it's your right to tell them no thanks at that point.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's within their rights. From what I understand, at the point it gets tagged in the system at .01 they receive credit for the guide. If they mark it back up, they are getting a publishing credit for a guide they just sold at full price. Ask Prima or Brady what they think of that.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']I'm not sure if it's within their rights. From what I understand, at the point it gets tagged in the system at .01 they receive credit for the guide. If they mark it back up, they are getting a publishing credit for a guide they just sold at full price. Ask Prima or Brady what they think of that.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they take care of it with some extra accounting and aren't ripping off Prima and BRady as you suggest.

First of all, sorry it took me so long to get the list up. I was held late at work, super busy through the day, all that jazz.

Now then, here is what will drop tomorrow:

Assassin's Creed II
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadows
Cheat Code Overload Summer 2010
Codes And Cheats Fall 2010
Dead Rising 2 LE
Enslaved: Odyssey To The West
Final Fantasy XIII LE
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes Of Light
Front Mission Evolved
God Of War: Ghosts Of Sparta
Goldeneye 007
Halo 3 ODST
James Bond 007: Blood Stone
Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Lego Universe
Lost Planet 2
Medal Of Honor LE
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Resident Evil 5
The Sly Collection
Sonic Colors
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Super Mario Galaxy 2 LE
Super Scribblenauts
Tron Evolution

I'll add SKU's later.

Happy Huntings!

[quote name='MightySlacker']I'm not sure if it's within their rights. From what I understand, at the point it gets tagged in the system at .01 they receive credit for the guide. If they mark it back up, they are getting a publishing credit for a guide they just sold at full price. Ask Prima or Brady what they think of that.[/QUOTE]
A good argument.

Technically, the DMs are supposed to physically go through all the guides which were pulled. So if a store says they had 12 copies of guides of Bread Baker that were pennied, and they only have 7 copies of that guide, that store would only get credit for those seven copies. And the missing five copies should then either show up as sold or be marked against the store as shrink (missing/stolen).

With different chains/bookstores, the methods of how they ensure that pennied publications are actually field destroyed are different. Some chains and even some districts within chains are more strict than others. But without seeing the legal contracts between the publishers and the retailers, I couldn't comment further without going into pure speculation.

[quote name='loxthefox']First of all, sorry it took me so long to get the list up. I was held late at work, super busy through the day, all that jazz.

Assassin's Creed II
Dead Rising 2 LE
Final Fantasy XIII
Front Mission Evolved
Goldeneye 007
Halo 3 ODST
Lego Universe
Lost Planet 2
Medal Of Honor LE
Resident Evil 5
The Sly Collection
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy 2 LE
Super Scribblenauts
Tron Evolution

I'll add SKU's later.

Happy Huntings![/QUOTE]Is the Final Fantasy XIII guide listed the CE or the standard edition? I would assume the former, but I figured I should at least point out that the list shows the standard guide. Regardless, thanks a ton, Lox!

EDIT: Just noticed that the posted list now shows "LE" for the FFXIII guide. Thanks for the update, Lox.

[quote name='Vigilante']Is the Final Fantasy XIII guide listed the CE or the standard edition? I would assume the former, but I figured I should at least point out that the list shows the standard guide. Regardless, thanks a ton, Lox![/QUOTE]

Limited. Fixed it.

Much thanks, Lox. Good hunting tomorrow, folks.

[quote name='neocisco']Cheat Code Overload Summer 2010

YES!! YES!! YES!!

:whee:[/QUOTE]
:lol: Neo. You're alright.

I went through Lafayette, IN yesterday and the store there is a goldmine for this drop. Good luck to anyone who is in the area.

[quote name='loxthefox']First of all, sorry it took me so long to get the list up. I was held late at work, super busy through the day, all that jazz.

Assassin's Creed II
Dead Rising 2 LE
Final Fantasy XIII LE
Front Mission Evolved
Goldeneye 007
Halo 3 ODST
Lego Universe
Lost Planet 2
Medal Of Honor LE
Resident Evil 5
The Sly Collection
Sonic Colors
Super Mario Galaxy 2 LE
Super Scribblenauts
Tron Evolution

I'll add SKU's later.

Happy Huntings![/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for all your effort. It is much appreciated. Does the 1 cent price go into effect as soon as the stores open on Monday or does the time of the drop vary by store?

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Are those at gamestop? If so I need to get me one of each: SMG2 CE, DR2 LE, Castlevania LOS and Spiderman.[/QUOTE]

yes they are and if they dont give them to you be sure to throw glitter in the guys face and knock over some magazine racks

So, I think I'm going to have to sit out of this drop tomorrow - I suffered a femoral hip fracture on the 1st and I still can't put weight on my leg or get around without a walker, and I have both a nurse and physical therapist performing a checkup on me tomorrow. I'm still going to make an effort to get there with some help, but would anyone be willing to assist me with a few specific books as a backup? nyone who helps can get a copy of my x-ray sent to them :D

Originally posted asking this in the Discussion Thread but got no response, figured maybe lox or frosty might know the answer:

Hmm, from the ones listed so far most of them in my area are only available for Ship to Store. If I were to order some and not pick them up in the 7/8 days (whatever it is) so they don't charge me, what happens to the guides? Do they put them on the shelf in store or send them back from wherever they got them?

[quote name='technicalstylez']hmm the manager at the gs i now frequent is super nice and now sets aside penny guides for me to go through and pick from. i dont hoard and take everything, just the guides for games i have or are planning to get soon. the other gs i used to get penny guides from just sold them to me for .01 each. your best bet is to develop a friendly relationship with the employees and frequently shop there as a regular. they are more likely to hook you up that way as compared to just showing up randomly on days guides are pennied out.[/QUOTE]
I was trading in games and other stuff every week or two to some GS stores in my area(before my ban), so I got to know which stores were ok with just giving out stuff that dropped and which would tow the company line when I would bring up a guide that had pennied.

But since my ban I can't even go into the stores.

As for Best Buy, I only shop there if there's 1) A pricing error/glitch 2) guides/PC games pennied or 3) if I have credit from trading shit into them. But now that I know that sell Amazon gift cards since I bought some there last week any credit I get from them is getting immediately converted into AMZ gc's and spent there.

[quote name='steve nash']yes they are and if they dont give them to you be sure to throw glitter in the guys face and knock over some magazine racks[/QUOTE]

2005 called, it wants it's reference back.

[quote name='steve nash']yes they are and if they dont give them to you be sure to throw glitter in the guys face and knock over some magazine racks[/QUOTE]

YES :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Are those at gamestop? If so I need to get me one of each: SMG2 CE, DR2 LE, Castlevania LOS and Spiderman.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you're trolling.:pray: Read back about 20-30 posts and catch up with the rest of us, please.;)

Reading comprehension anyone?

[quote name='JediJames2']Originally posted asking this in the Discussion Thread but got no response, figured maybe lox or frosty might know the answer:

Hmm, from the ones listed so far most of them in my area are only available for Ship to Store. If I were to order some and not pick them up in the 7/8 days (whatever it is) so they don't charge me, what happens to the guides? Do they put them on the shelf in store or send them back from wherever they got them?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you get charged right away. After the 7/8 days it will most likely get sent back. I have no idea. I stay away from customer service.

The Final Fantasy XIII LE guide is out of every store in my district :(

[quote name='Visc']So, I think I'm going to have to sit out of this drop tomorrow - I suffered a femoral hip fracture on the 1st and I still can't put weight on my leg or get around without a walker, and I have both a nurse and physical therapist performing a checkup on me tomorrow. I'm still going to make an effort to get there with some help, but would anyone be willing to assist me with a few specific books as a backup? nyone who helps can get a copy of my x-ray sent to them :D[/QUOTE]

PM me what you're looking for, my store right by my house had almost every guide on that list. Now to hope they don't yank em all :(

Sugar, these are at BestBuy.

That's what Lox hooks us up with, why someone mentioned that a few guides are down from bestbuy.com, and why IATCG was talking about the inventory trick from bestbuy.com that he tells you how to do in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back