Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK guys, while I don't doubt your story CAGkrazy, didn't pulling that many guides maybe only leave 3-5 guides on the shelf? :lol: the guides have been looking barren for months with not many new ones coming out it seems..

take it from me guys hes not lying. my friend who works at a best buy said the guide rack has literally like 5 guides on it and everything else is GONE!!!!. he said he doesnt know whats up though as nothing looks to be pennied. my guess is presidents day huge pull =(.

this isn't a current deal but if you guys are sitting on any mass effect guides now is probably the best time to throw them up on EBay. I sold an C.E. ME2 guide for $50 plus shipping. I'm hoping to get 30 for the original

Hrm I think I am still sitting on one ME 2 CE, but I kinda want to keep it in case I ever get around to, you know, playing it. At one point I had about 4 but I think I dumped them all.

I'll run by my Best Buy when I get off work this afternoon and see what they have. I do recall them having tons on AC: Brotherhood guides and 5+ Dragon Age II CE's. It'd be pretty awesome if I could manage to pick some of those up.

You know what would be funny?

If the hardcover Borderlands GotY guide wasn't among these potentially-pennied guides. I swear that I've been waiting forever for it to penny so that I can get the single copy at my local BBY.

Didn't Ncaa football 11 drop a while ago? Are you sure it is not ncaa football 12?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully my store in Deptford NJ doesn't pull them. Would like a couple off that potential list. I was able to get 2 SWFU II LE and 1 LBP 2 the other day. They were even tagged on the shelf for a penny. Left an opened SWFU II and like 4 LBP2 there.

I can confirm that Pokemon CE and Dragon Age 2 CE are both full price still. Hopefully a drop will actually happen in the next few days.

went to two of my local three best buys and most guides released prior to the 2011 holiday season are gone. amusingly, there's still one lone copy of the DR2 guide sitting at one of them.

[quote name='tbassett']this isn't a current deal but if you guys are sitting on any mass effect guides now is probably the best time to throw them up on EBay. I sold an C.E. ME2 guide for $50 plus shipping. I'm hoping to get 30 for the original[/QUOTE]
I still have one left. I dumped 2-3 of them to Amazon a while ago for $40-50 in credit each when I think the guide trade value went that high. I think I ended up trading only around 10-12 guides and I got like $200-300 in credit for them.;)
[quote name='loxthefox']I can confirm that there was a pull at my store for guides too. Nothing pennied, but this happened before the last drop. Here's what I remembered was pulled:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (regular and LE)
Brink
Bulletstorm
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dragon Age II LE
Epic Mickey
Fallout: New Vegas LE
Homefront (regular and LE)
Infamous 2
Mortal Kombat LE
NCAA Football 11
Pokemon Black/White LE
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Volumes 1,2 and 3
Resident Evil Archives II
Resistance 3
The Sims 3: Medieval
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
White Knight Chronicles II
WWE All Stars

There's probably more, but my store has been a little lacking in getting guides these days, so I don't know what else.

And once again, THESE ARE NOT PENNIED YET.[/QUOTE]
About the only ones I'd probably try and snag from that list are the LE's and RE Archives II. Although I wonder if they're gonna come out with a Fallout New Vegas Complete LE or softcover guide, since the "Complete" edition of FONV came out now.

[quote name='Donut2922']Drops usually happen on Mondays at BB so you guys are wasting your time.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. But people will keep posting and getting hyper wondering why they haven't dropped yet all weekend and come Monday they'll be too tired from running back and forth to the stores price checking them to even bother looking for them on the day they should be dropping.

Although I will say that BOTH local BB stores had ZERO of the guides on this list as of Monday and yesterday when I checked both stores. Their guide racks were rather sparse and mostly included recent stuff like Battlefield 3 and such.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Exactly. But people will keep posting and getting hyper wondering why they haven't dropped yet all weekend and come Monday they'll be too tired from running back and forth to the stores price checking them to even bother looking for them on the day they should be dropping.

Although I will say that BOTH local BB stores had ZERO of the guides on this list as of Monday and yesterday when I checked both stores. Their guide racks were rather sparse and mostly included recent stuff like Battlefield 3 and such.[/QUOTE]

I'm just waiting for somebody to ask whether these guides have pennied out before anybody has actually even confirmed anything despite what Lox posted :/

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm just waiting for somebody to ask whether these guides have pennied out before anybody has actually even confirmed anything despite what Lox posted :/[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting for the angry 'zomg I went to the store and brought up 100 guides that were on the list and NONE of them were pennied:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:' responses personally cuz you know they'll happen.

Someone will see the list Lox posted, see Best Buy and not skim the rest of the thread after that post and rush out to the store.

Went to a Bestbuy over lunch and all of the listed guides from Lox were no where to be found.

However, I did see 2-3 copies of Madden 11 and a Dead Rising 2 guide that are listed in a previous penny drop... and I didn't realize this until I got back to my desk from lunch...

Looks like I'll be making another trip there after work...

San Carlos store was pre-pulled confirmed just today.

Although i did spot a MW3 Hardened edition for Xbox but it still hasnt been marked for clearance below the MSRP.

Saw 5 Uncharted 3 CEs there though.

Starting to think I might need to stash/hide any guides I want (if they are still there) at my local store. Chances are that they are probably already pulled.

I should have known this on Tuesday, the shelves were barren of guides and the district rep who does the pulls was there, it just didn't click. I'm now told they were already 'shipped back'.

From the posts here though, this wasn't a drop but a pull.

[quote name='Romeo']I should have known this on Tuesday, the shelves were barren of guides and the district rep who does the pulls was there, it just didn't click. I'm now told they were already 'shipped back'.

From the posts here though, this wasn't a drop but a pull.[/QUOTE]
Yep. The gaming rep sorta confirmed they did a pull of guides. I just wonder if they'll end up at that flea market place in Pittston in a couple of months.

Store closest to me had all of those guides gone, and just a week ago they had tons.

Did pick up 3 Madden NFL 11 and one Dead Rising 2 at a different store.

I said it before. I'll say it now. OH NO. THE END OF PENNIED GUIDES!!!!!

EDIT: Seriously, I don't know why it would take so long to put an end to guides ringing up as a penny.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I said it before. I'll say it now. OH NO. THE END OF PENNIED GUIDES!!!!![/QUOTE]
Like I said before when we had a bit of a drought with penny guides at BB, someone really needs to dub the words penny guides over the words 'the world' in the R.E.M. song "It's The End Of The World(As We Know It)" and post that bitch up in here.;)

Also, is it wrong that I imagined Bruce from Family Guy's voice when I read that OH NO in your post?

shi*t, I was at one this weekend, had to snap a pic to show what they did to fill the space. Definitely a pre-pull, and when this happens 98% of stores actually do this. Last time was only able to find one store, but what I left was pulled or grabbed by the next day..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nope. How about you go and report back for us?;)[/QUOTE]
Just woke up, was trying to decide if I should go to the close BB that has fewer guides to start with, or the one 7mi down the road that's got a little bigger game section. :) I'll report back in a while.

[quote name='JSD']Has anyone gone to a store to check on the guides yet?[/QUOTE]

Had to pick something up this morning at the store, so I quickly went back to the game section and had the kid scan the LE guides.....all were at full price

Not everything was pulled at my local BB, but the stuff that was there rang up at full. I checked a DK, Brink, and Bulletstorm.

A few PC games pennied out at Gamestop but no guides this week.

Brink
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Rogue Warrior
CSI New York
Dogz
Grey's Anatomy
Hell's Kitchen
The Price is Right
Silent Hunter 5
Oblivion Knights of the Nine DLC in retail box
Guild Wars Eye of the North Expansion

Assassin's Creed Lineage DVD movie also pennied.

[quote name='Tsel']Did the Blu-ray of Assassin's Creed Lineage penny as well or just the DVD?[/QUOTE]

I've got the DVD only. I don't know about the blu-ray.

the blu pennied a while ago. if u have the assassins creed 2 master collectors ed -like me :D-, all the content from the blu is already on the game disc.

[quote name='Tsel']Did the Blu-ray of Assassin's Creed Lineage penny as well or just the DVD?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='boneless']A few PC games pennied out at Gamestop but no guides this week.

Brink
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Rogue Warrior
CSI New York
Dogz
Grey's Anatomy
Hell's Kitchen
The Price is Right
Silent Hunter 5
Oblivion Knights of the Nine DLC in retail box
Guild Wars Eye of the North Expansion

Assassin's Creed Lineage DVD movie also pennied
.[/QUOTE]
I'll add em to the pennied item list when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey lox, just wondering if you heard anything more about that pre-pull last month? Are all those guides still at full price?

I am wondering if we finally see the death of penny guides at Best Buy...
I pre-bought two CE guides 'just in case' but will have to return them shortly.

[quote name='hellmutt']Hey lox, just wondering if you heard anything more about that pre-pull last month? Are all those guides still at full price?

I am wondering if we finally see the death of penny guides at Best Buy...
I pre-bought two CE guides 'just in case' but will have to return them shortly.[/QUOTE]

Here's some confirmation for Best Buy:
Couldn't find MK LE or DAII LE guides but had them look up in RSS, and both those show $.01
On the other hand, I found resistance 3 and white knight chronicles II and both of those rang up full price even though they on the list.

Good job on buying pre-pull. All stores I had them check in RSS around CT and parts of NY and NJ are all showing 0 inventory.

[quote name='PatelKing']Here's some confirmation for Best Buy:
Couldn't find MK LE or DAII LE guides but had them look up in RSS, and both those show $.01
On the other hand, I found resistance 3 and white knight chronicles II and both of those rang up full price even though they on the list.

Good job on buying pre-pull. All stores I had them check in RSS around CT and parts of NY and NJ are all showing 0 inventory.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, guess I'll go try my luck on a return / rebuy.
I had picked up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood LE and Dragon Age II LE when lox first posted the list. Not sure what I'll do if I don't swing the exchange since I'm quite interested in both guides...

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I forgot to use my 50% off strat guide coupon from BB, so now I'm really screwed if they are just pulling and tossing :[[/QUOTE]
I used my 50% off guide coupon on the Uncharted 3 CE one, then I traded my copy of the game.#-o Funnier still is I also have two sealed copies of the Dark Souls CE guide from when Amazon had that for $15 for each copy as well, yet I no longer have THAT game either.#-o#-o#-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back