Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AionTelos']Updated it for ya guys. Cheers~[/QUOTE]
Thank ya much.;) Although I think we can remove the non CE? stuff, since I believe HotJuicyBurgers verified that the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Dead Space 2 that dropped were not the collector's edition with his pic(which is in the discussion thread).

Now I just have to go back and find the SKU's to edit that post and add the guides from this drop to the big wiki post of all guides that've dropped @ GS(since we started keeping track that is).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thank ya much.;) Although I think we can remove the non CE? stuff, since I believe HotJuicyBurgers verified that the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Dead Space 2 that dropped were not the collector's edition with his pic(which is in the discussion thread).

Now I just have to go back and find the SKU's to edit that post and add the guides from this drop to the big wiki post of all guides that've dropped @ GS(since we started keeping track that is).[/QUOTE]

Must have missed the picture, I'll change it.

Was there already a big post on it? I just made a quick google docs for a quick reference :roll:

Oh well, personally use ahoy!

[quote name='AionTelos']Must have missed the picture, I'll change it.

Was there already a big post on it? I just made a quick google docs for a quick reference :roll:

Oh well, personally use ahoy![/QUOTE]
Post #3 on the first page has a list of every guide that has dropped at Best Buy and Gamestop since we started keeping track. It was started by user perdition)troy and I decided to add it into the thread a couple of revisions ago.

Anyway...wiki post(#3) is up to date.

Now I just have to go back and check for the SKU's others posted before and edit the SKU post.

EDIT: I just noticed that the one user who posted some SKU's mentioned Borderlands GOTY dropping as well. I'll edit that into the OP.

EDIT #2: I added in the Borderlands GOTY to the OP and the following to the SKU wiki post:
[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Just got back from the GS I work at. Here are the SKUs for the guides I was able to grab:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 830297
Borderlands GOTY - 830299
Dead Space 2 - 830342
Disgaea 4 - 830839
Golden Sun Dark Dawn - 830317

Price drops/changes usually happen on Wednesdays, btw.[/QUOTE]

Thanks invizibleskratchpikl for the SKU's and thanks to all who reported on and confirmed the drop from GS.

830297 Assassins Creed Brotherhood
830299 Borderlands GOTY
830280 Brink
830342 Dead Space 2
830839 Disgaea 4
830448 Dungeon Siege 3
830317 Golden Sun Dark Dawn
830539 Hunted Demon's Forge
830625 NCAA Football 2012
830513 Pokemon Black & White CE
830034 Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
830492 Red Faction Armageddon
830680 Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
830441 WWE All Stars

Full SKU list for all that have been mentioned so far. Need to go out and see if I can manage to grab a couple of these. Would be nice to get an open and a sealed copy of B/W CE

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Is there a point to having the Gamestop Sku's?[/QUOTE]

There used to be a way to track guides by entering in the sku in the URL for the stock locator, but it has since changed and no longer works. Pretty much it's easier to gather SKU's now on a drop to drop basis than scrambling to gather them all later should another method be found where they can be useful.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Actually, I was doing some research, and although it might not be the greatest idea, couldn't you technically do this?

And yes, before you comment, the video is retarded, but is this still possible?[/QUOTE]

You might as well just call and ask if they have any recently pennied out guides. most of the time with pennied guides the SKU won't even pull up on their computer when they type it in if the item is pennied, and even if it does it will say the price so they would probably pull the guide right away then.

Sadly best chance of getting it from Gamestop is to walk in and hope it's on the sales floor and you get an associate that is willing to sell/give it to you.

really hope i can find a space marine one so i can get my teacher to sign it, since he did most of the environment art in the art section...if someone finds an extra one, please hook me up =)

[quote name='Ultragamer']Full SKU list for all that have been mentioned so far. Need to go out and see if I can manage to grab a couple of these. Would be nice to get an open and a sealed copy of B/W CE[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the full list Ultragamer. I added the ones we didn't already have to the SKU wiki post.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Actually, I was doing some research, and although it might not be the greatest idea, couldn't you technically do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWH-HBMu_fE

And yes, before you comment, the video is retarded, but is this still possible?[/QUOTE]

Best part about that video...he says he is calling from the Main Street Gamestop in White Plains....I used to work there for a few months back in 2009. I just found that rather funny.

It is really to bad they were out of Battletoads.

[quote name='boneless']I'm not sure if these were new or old drops

Mortal Kombat 830526
The Sims 3 830294
The Sims Medieval 870032
Mass Effect 2 830405
[/QUOTE]
Nope. Those are new ones, since the Mortal Kombat guide that pennied before was the CE.

I added all to the OP and to the SKU wiki post.

Thanks.

There is hope .. stopped back at the gamestop that the manager gave me a song and dance about them composting guides then they pour an oil on the ones they dump etc etc ... and low and behold .. the same cashier from yesterday was there .. shes like I was hoping youd come back .. goes in the back and returns with Borderlands GOTY ! I was like no way ... way , she had that and WH SM , WWE , Hunted , AC Brotherhood , RF A , SWFU II and an AC Linage DVD . Best Haul in ages . She told me that they were going fast by other workers. Was sorry that Disgaea 4 was all gone ( no worries ) . She said he was a reseller and the staff hates him for many reasons . Im thrilled that they do . Awesome :)

well figures my luck i got just about everything BUT the guides i wanted =(.
heres my haul and ill post it in the trade forum too for the guides i wanted.
x men destiny
resistance 3
space marine
ncaa football 2012
wwe all stars x2
epic mickey regular (keeping)
dungeon siege 3 (keeping)
dead space 2 (promised to older sister)
golden sun dark dawn x2
assassins creed brotherhood x6
star wars force unleashed 2 regular x6
hunted the demons forge
sims 3
sims 3 medieval
red faction armageddon
brink x2
dead rising 2 regular

5 stores later, a ton of 'friendly chatting' and 1 pre-order for Kingdoms of amular later, I managed to score
Borderlands GOTY
Dungeon Siege 3
Assassin Creed Brotherhood
Mass Effect 2

First Gamestop success in years! Thanks gang!

Went to four Gamestops today in my area... no luck at any of them. One definitely looked cleaned out...another store only had one very small rack for guides. I'm not sure if the employees pulled them or someone else got them already...guess I will have to go a little earlier (the day of) the next drop to find out for sure. At least I have a general idea of what guides they have now.

At least if someone is picking them up I hope they are not reselling them...If I was able to get any I wouldn't get second copies, what would be the point? Or games that I won't ever play, for that matter.

Also, what is up with the Red Dead Redemption GOTY CE not being pennied yet? Seems like it should be.

[quote name='CaptainPickles']Also, what is up with the Red Dead Redemption GOTY CE not being pennied yet? Seems like it should be.[/QUOTE]
That only came out a few months ago.

woot! got my 1st penny guides today! cashier lady was really cool about it (plus she was talking up ff13-2 to another customer!). told her i heard they were on clearance, she scanned them, and said "yep, u owe me 6 cents". then she asked if i worked at another store and i told her my friend told me about it. not the greatest haul, but a good start. got: resistance 3 sims 3 sims 3 medieval ncaa football wwe all stars i saw a few more from older drops there, so ima have to head back

I grabbed a couple Golden Sun guides from GS on my way in to work today. The guy was cool about it and said "They pennied out, they're free." when he rang 'em up. :)

If anyone is interested, there were 3 Golden Sun guides left at the Burbank, CA Empire Center GS.

[quote name='JSD']I grabbed a couple Golden Sun guides from GS on my way in to work today. The guy was cool about it and said "They pennied out, they're free." when he rang 'em up. :)

If anyone is interested, there were 3 Golden Sun guides left at the Burbank, CA Empire Center GS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll have to pass by when I get out of work!

I went to the two gamestops in my area. The first one had a Pokemon B&W CE, but the employee wouldn't let me have it. The second was cleaned out, but I asked if they had a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn guide. The guy actually told me to hang on and grabbed one out of the back and gave it to me for free. :D

Went to six different Gamestops today and it's just my luck that four of them were actually doing their job. :???: I was able to get two AC:B guides total from the other two (and there were DS2 and Dungeon Siege III guides at those, as well, but I really wasn't interested in them). I really wanted the Borderlands GotY guide, though...

[quote name='spacegundam0079']There is hope .. stopped back at the gamestop that the manager gave me a song and dance about them composting guides then they pour an oil on the ones they dump etc etc ... and low and behold .. the same cashier from yesterday was there .. shes like I was hoping youd come back .. goes in the back and returns with Borderlands GOTY ! I was like no way ... way , she had that and WH SM , WWE , Hunted , AC Brotherhood , RF A , SWFU II and an AC Linage DVD . Best Haul in ages . She told me that they were going fast by other workers. Was sorry that Disgaea 4 was all gone ( no worries ) . She said he was a reseller and the staff hates him for many reasons . Im thrilled that they do . Awesome :)[/QUOTE]

Wow. You are lucky. She was hoping that you'd come back? Sounds like girlfriend material. Just saying that whoever is with her must be lucky. My wife wouldn't do that for me. :cry:

One store I stopped at had none. The other my buddy works at and he said he grabbed about 60 guides and thew them all on ebay. He said the Assassins creed DVD and Bluray pennied too and he grabbed the 5 of each they had and put them up too. I told him thanks for helping a brother out, lol. See if I do any favors for him again, lol.

[quote name='jcmeadows']One store I stopped at had none. The other my buddy works at and he said he grabbed about 60 guides and thew them all on ebay. He said the Assassins creed DVD and Bluray pennied too and he grabbed the 5 of each they had and put them up too. I told him thanks for helping a brother out, lol. See if I do any favors for him again, lol.[/QUOTE]

You better watch ouot, IATCG is going to rat your buddy out now. >_

lol a gs employee forced me to renew my powerup membership (which is supposed to expire in 3 weeks) if i wanted those penny guides for free or else he's going to just throw them away. I couldn't turn down his offer lol so I ended up renewing my membership for another year.

I'm kind of surprised I got these guides without the front cover being ripped off (they usually get ripped off in front me) since my GS around here are notorius for doing that. Anyway, I pretty much got all the guides on that list except for Borderland CE and AC DVD.

[quote name='Romeo']I would if I could. Someone taking 60 guides and selling them is detestable. It's why my area is instructed to destroy guides right in the morning now, not even at the end of the night. Anyone who gets these for profit and not for their own collection or a close friend doesn't belong here. This site is for helping others get a good deal. NOT for flipping a profit.[/QUOTE]

I totaly agree, I told him that he was in the wrong. I use to work at that store, I interviewed him and gave him his job and he knows better. We were told by the DM to trash them, before the store opened. Not pile them all in your car and keep them all. Guys like him are why they have cracked down on the penny guides because they dont want them doing that. He said the store mgr knows and is ok with it. I said the dm isnt and you will both lose your job over it if they find out, lol. When I was there I took what I wanted off the top for my collection or for trade, then let the guys take what they wanted for the same then gave the rest to customers that came in that I knew wanted them or bought the game that they were for. If there were any left, they went in the trash. Dont see the problem with that.

jc that's how it used to be for me. Now even me knowing every store manager AND DM means nothing anymore. It all changed this week, I couldn't get a single guide.

[quote name='Romeo']jc that's how it used to be for me. Now even me knowing every store manager AND DM means nothing anymore. It all changed this week, I couldn't get a single guide.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I remember a few years ago on a call the dm saying if he caught any store not trashing guides like they were told that mgt would be fired along with the employee (if there was one) selling them. I never sold them. I collected a ton of them and never startes trading them till after i had left. What was happening here was mgrs were taking all of them and selling them to local used book stores for cash or ebaying them. Shut it down for all of us. We still kept what we wanted because none of us was selling lol. I still know all the mgrs here and they know i wont sell yhem but they dare not get caught on camera handing out guides lol.

[quote name='Romeo']jc that's how it used to be for me. Now even me knowing every store manager AND DM means nothing anymore. It all changed this week, I couldn't get a single guide.[/QUOTE]
You can kinda blame me for that since the DM around here for GS(Steve Bennett) had his stores really crack down since I used to hit up most of the local ones trying to find guides/items that dropped every time a drop occured. Plus many of the managers/employees seemed to take it as a personal compliment that I'd never find any guides that dropped on the shelves.

Now outta town is another story.;)

hit 3 GS's... nada :( Was looking for the Disgaea 4 guide specifically, but I couldnt find anything and any of my GS's.

Hey IATCG,

I think you are missing the heartgold soulsilver pokemon guide on your gamestop drop. I think one of the earlier posts showed a bunch of the CE black/white and gold/silver guides in it.

[quote name='reicaden']hit 3 GS's... nada :( Was looking for the Disgaea 4 guide specifically, but I couldnt find anything and any of my GS's.[/QUOTE]
I did the same exact thing and looking for a Disgaea 4 guide also, nothing. I asked a guy at one of em if they had any and he said they got rid of em yesterday =(

Didn't see much of anything I wanted, but I still got Sims 3: Pets and a random Dead Rising 2. I haven't seen that Dead Rising 2 there before otherwise I would've picked it up a long time ago. Either way, the manager let me have them both. He actually said he had Sims 3 in the back, but he didn't think I'd be interested in it. After I said I would be, he goes "Oh really? Do you trade them on CheapAssGamer?" I'VE BEEN OUTED! Lol but really, he's a cool guy. Nice to know I don't have to hide things from him anymore.

[quote name='Tsel']Didn't see much of anything I wanted, but I still got Sims 3: Pets and a random Dead Rising 2. I haven't seen that Dead Rising 2 there before otherwise I would've picked it up a long time ago. Either way, the manager let me have them both. He actually said he had Sims 3 in the back, but he didn't think I'd be interested in it. After I said I would be, he goes "Oh really? Do you trade them on CheapAssGamer?" I'VE BEEN OUTED! Lol but really, he's a cool guy. Nice to know I don't have to hide things from him anymore.[/QUOTE]
sims 3: PETS? i dont think thats on the lists.

what lists do u guys use when u go to a store. cause i have a dumbphone still so i gotta take pictures of the list and just look through them but i missed some guides yesterday when i went to gs. would u say its better to use the alphabetized list instead of the recent drops list?

I just realized that. No wonder he said he marked it down TODAY. It even had the .01 price tag and was in the back. Add Sims 3: Pets to the list. I saw Sims 3 in the first post so I didn't think anything of it.

[quote name='Tsel']I just realized that. No wonder he said he marked it down TODAY. It even had the .01 price tag and was in the back. Add Sims 3: Pets to the list. I saw Sims 3 in the first post so I didn't think anything of it.[/QUOTE]
If you want IATCG to do it.

[quote name='coopscohen']Hit a gold mine at a GS only to be denied at the register. 0/4 and the losing streak continues:drool:[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I am currently 5/5 around here in the last year.

Also, I am expecting a drop from BB this week. How about you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back