Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="12400686" timestamp="1420918731"]Are the DA:I CE guides still worth anything? Found a pair At a BB I'm visiting today. Worth picking up at MSRP?[/quote]
They are only available on Amazon from 3rd party vendors at more than MSRP. Use that as a guide.

[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="12401574" timestamp="1420947050"]Yeah, saw that and ended up picking both up.[/quote]
You can always return something you bought if you decide not to keep it. If you don't pick it up when you see it, it may not be there the next time.

I've been on a streak of getting shot down for pennied guides... however tonight while on a amazon trade in run i ended up scoring four sunset overdrives, one last of us remastered and one bayonetta 2.

1/28 Gamestop

Destiny CE guide

CoD AW CE guide

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze guide

Pokemon X & Pokemon Y: The Official Kalos Region Pokedex

Skylanders Trap Team CE guide

LoZ Hyrule Warriors (hardcover)

Tales of Xillia 2 (hardcover)

WoW Warlords guide

Little Big Planet 3 guide

Pokémon X & Y guide

Hi guys,

Fair warning, I'm not at all familiar with guides…does anyone know where I can find Lego Marvel Super Heroes guide?  My son and I have been playing, and I think the guide would really help us through it.

prices on ebay/Amazon are $35+. Gross.

If anyone gets a spare Hyrule Warriors or Tales of Xilia 2 guide I am interested in those.

Local place had LittleBigPlanet 3, Pokemon X Y Pokedex, and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel so I grabbed those. 

1/28 Gamestop

Destiny CE guide

CoD AW CE guide

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze guide

Pokemon X & Pokemon Y: The Official Kalos Region Pokedex

Skylanders Trap Team CE guide

LoZ Hyrule Warriors (hardcover)

Tales of Xillia 2 (hardcover)

WoW Warlords guide

Little Big Planet 3 guide

Pokémon X & Y guide
Thanks for the list will see if I can get them, does gamestop stop you from buying them??

Can you do a return/rebuy on them?
Since it's their policy to not give them away once they penny out I am going to say no. But as you can tell, some stores are relaxed on that rule depending on the district manager. If you really want the guide to keep I wouldn't risk it, but you can always check with the store before trying it and see what they say. Just don't get your hopes up.

Depends on the DM if they are strict or not.

Got two "ready for pickup emails" on destiny guides and one "not available" one from a CoD guide.

Thanks for the update, I was able to find a Tales of Xillia 2 hardcover. Saw a Hyrule Warriors but was turned down at another store, so still looking for that..

Hi guys,

Fair warning, I'm not at all familiar with guides…does anyone know where I can find Lego Marvel Super Heroes guide? My son and I have been playing, and I think the guide would really help us through it.

prices on ebay/Amazon are $35+. Gross.
Check your local TRU. I saw some the other day at my TRU. No luck, visit GameFAQS.com for free guides.

thanks so much i got the one guide i wanted the most tales of xillia 2 ce.  i couldve gotten little big planet 3 but didnt want to be greedy.

Well, It was my first time to hunt penny guides. I tried in two Gamestops, and  both denied to sell those guides for that price. They argued they had the order to destroy them before the stores opened. I tried in a third store, and the first word of the clerk was "we have penny guides if you looking for them." He convinced me to buy all of them because that store didn't need them anymore.

I'm a happy customer, and it was the first time that I saw a price tag/sticker with a penny price.

Ai_FXIU_g_Cap_h7ak31onjw1f_Cj_CI6nfzhu_CDa4_C3yc_Ft.jpg

I got a Tales of Xillia 2, LBP3 & Hyrule Warriors guide but I want the Destiny or COD guide. So hit me up if you can make a trade. Open to other trades.

lol, I used to seem them at Best Buys.
Ditto. That was so long ago. Plus, unless the RM/DM in my area has changed their tune, the GS stores in my area won't provide them any longer, though that was even longer ago that I could find any at a GS, before BB stopped dealing with them.

I dont see it mentioned but Borderlands The pre-sequel guide also dropped to a penny.  Spotted a few in a dumpster behind one of the GS's.  It was too deep in (and the cover was ripped) but I was able to find a perfect condition CoD AW CE guide as well as a Tales of Xillia 2 guide.

The other GS's I hit all share dumpsters with coffee/ice cream places and old dairy seemed like something I wouldnt want to mess with.

I dont see it mentioned but Borderlands The pre-sequel guide also dropped to a penny. Spotted a few in a dumpster behind one of the GS's. It was too deep in (and the cover was ripped) but I was able to find a perfect condition CoD AW CE guide as well as a Tales of Xillia 2 guide.

The other GS's I hit all share dumpsters with coffee/ice cream places and old dairy seemed like something I wouldnt want to mess with.
You did this in broad daylight I thought people do this when they close

I need that Tales of Xillia Guide.

I have 

Sealed Guides for Battlefield 4 and GTA 5 both are hardcover guides is anyone wants to trade

Found bayonetta and got denied. Said he would lose his job if he sold it.
So just was at this same store again. They still had three of the guides out they did the last time. Grabbed the ultra sfiv one and the store manager sold it to me for a penny.

(I mentioned the last time that they had 4-5 more out other than the bayonetta, apparently they didn't care enough to figure out which ones)

Dragon Age: Inquisistion CE is on sale for $29 yesterday and today only in a Best Buy - 2 day sale.  I get an error on the website when trying to switch from store pickup to shipping, but maybe someone will have better luck or have one at a nearby store.

:
Battlefield 4
Wash Dawgs
Thief
Halo 4
Titanfall
Donkey Kong country returns
AssCreed iv
Luigis mansion
Zelda link between
Lego city wiiu
Lego legends chima