Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post. Read this first!
[customspoiler="Disclaimer"]
All credit goes to IAmTheCheapestGamer, floormat, and guinaevere. They ran this thread for years, and I can safely say we would not have penny guides here without them. Thanks for your work!
[/customspoiler]

Private message me if there is something incorrect or needs to be changed in the non-wiki pages.
Below is two years or so of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the third post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV that can be found HERE.

Note that date may be of confirmation, and not of drop.

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop
Pink=Toys R Us drop

Recent Drops (Last Six Months)

Dropped 3.23.16 at GameStop

Game Stop 1 Cent

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate CE

Just Cause 3

Halo 5 CE

Dropped on 3.26.14

Gamestop

Battlefield 4

Disney Infinity

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember Me

Super Mario 3D World

Dropped on 2.26.14

Gamestop 

Assassin's Creed IV: CE

Battlefield 4 CE
Grand Theft Auto
 CE

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds CE

Skylanders Swap Force CE

Wonderful 101

Dropped on 2.14.14

Toys'R Us

Rage
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Mass Effect 3

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Dropped on 10.31.13

Gamestop 

Animal Crossing
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2 LE
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Cheat Code Overload: Winter 2013
Codes & Cheats Vol. 1 2013
Dead Island Riptide
Diablo III

Disgaea D2

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Legendary
Epic Mickey 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Halo 4
Hitman Absolution
Injustice: Gods Among Us

Injustice: Gods Among Us LE
Last of Us

Last of Us LE
Lego City Undercover
Madden 25
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Ni No Kuni
Pokemon Black & White 2 Pokedex
Resident Evil 6 LE
Resident Evil Revelations

Wind Waker LE
Dropped on 9.25.13

Gamestop
Army of Two The Devils Cartel
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengence
Star Trek
Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Epic Mickey 2 Limited Ed
Halo 4 Limited Ed
Hitman Absolution Limited Ed

Dropped on 9.04.13

Gamestop

Call of Duty Black Ops II CE
DMC: Devil May Cry
Dishonored
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider CE       

Last edited by a moderator:
sold out now, but I got one. Thanks for the link. Also elite plus paying off big time!

giphy.gif

True. they probably killed it and we will see it come back at $12.99 or something
Sucks had it in cart and got side tracked at work -.-

Set one for store pickup but haven't heard yet if it's ready and they are usually fast. So I think they either are going to cancel or don't have it

Walked into a Best Buy and there were 3(Phantom Pain) guides marked a penny. Didn't ring up, so they let me walk out with them.

Store is doing their job.

Wasn't there a rumor that one guy ruined penny guides and they even banned him from this site for it? I feel bad for him now considering that people are still getting these guides.
It's not a rumor, IATCG, it was you, who decided to come back from SD and show your face around here.

Mods have been notified about you showing back up again, so you'll be gone shortly, again.

You should feel bad for yourself, you annoying self-centered annoying self-righteous fuck.

Doesn't matter. I've been getting guides from my Best Buy even after this guy's sabotage attempt. Pretty good terms with the store employees.

Well then, as long as it didnt affect you then theres no issue then. Nothing to worry about guys. Darkasian is still getting guides. Everything is cool.

Sleeping with Best Buy employees and lying to yourself about how it makes you feel when you receive the guides is no reason to brag. Maybe I'm doing it wrong cause they fight me tooth and nail at the store :)

6/8 GS:

:pc: RIFT Storm Legion

:pc:  AssCreed III

:pc: Batman AO

:pc: Mafia II CE

:pc: Napoleon Total War LE

:pc: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

:pc: Lego Marvel Super Heroes

:pc: Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry CE

:pc: Borderlands 2

:pc: Ghost Recon Future Soldier

BandFuse: Rock Legends X360

Asphalt Mario 2D Stylus sku: 170624

I have an extra Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes Collector's Edition (sealed) and also the paperback version which is not sealed. I also have a Majora's Mask 3D Paperback Guide though the cover is damaged in the corners if anyone has other guides to trade message me. 

Doesn't look like many penny drops at gamestop this month

Qunatum Break: the secret history of time travel is the only one I saw

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/strategy-guides/quantum-break-the-secret-history-of-time-travel-official-strategy-guide/128900

It also looks like the Star Fox Zero collectors edition is only available online. I could have sworn I saw it in stores.  Might be worth a scan if you see one in store.  It will most likely be the full price but it doesn't hurt to check if you can.

Yeah, Star Fox hasn't had a pickup option in a while.

6/29 GS

Quantum Break

PSP Skin Grip sku:801941

Placed a pickup hold for Quantum Break.  Before getting on me about placing the pick up hold you should know that all the gamestops in my area no longer have guides on the floor.  About 20% of the time I get lucky and when I go to pick it up they let me have it.  Unfortunately, I got the call today.  At least it saves me the trip.

I managed to get 2x QB and one Star Fox today.  Also found a BB that still had a Watch Dogs guides and 3x Battlefield 4 guides out...

I've been slacking. Somehow I missed a ruse of the tomb raider guide at one of my local GS stores even though I've been in there tins in the past 3-4 months.

Just got it for a penny though.

Gamestop 7/20
Street Fighter V CE
Star Wars Battlefront (soft cover)
Far Cry Primal CE
Xenoblade Chronicle X CE
Darby,

The website isn't showing a penny for any of these guides. Does it update at different times for different areas? My store is good about honoring in store pickup holds but I want to make sure they are a penny first. I checked the mobile and desktop site.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back