Register Vita get Free $20 PSN *Fixed Issues* Update From SONY

[quote name='RonfarX']If I read the terms right, the 10 limit is only for the bonus _you_ get. anyone using your referral code after that still gets the $20, but you stop getting any bonus. However, the more people referred under you gives you a better chance at winning the grand prize (1 million sony points). So, I wouldn't worry about it so much. :/

I'm thinking most people are pending while they verify the serials.. I would assume at least a 2 week wait at the fastest for the $20 code. (since you can put a garbage serial in there and it'll "pass" ) I imagine we're at the mercy of outsourced indians working sony support.

from sony (in this case "contestant" is darknight, "referred PS Vita purchaser" are dudes using his referral code):
Each Contestant will earn a $20 PlayStation®Network gift card and 1,000 Points (collectively a “Bonus Reward”) for each of such Contestant’s first ten (10) Referred PS Vita Purchasers. LIMIT: Ten (10) Bonus Rewards per Contestant. In order for a Contestant to receive the 1,000 Points, such Contestant must be (or become) a Sony Rewards member by registering at the Sony Rewards Website. In addition, for each Contestant, each Referred PS Vita Purchaser will also receive a twenty dollar ($20) PlayStation®Network gift card.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Well then if you guys want, my code can be used as its valid but its up to you folks. There are others with their codes in here so please help them out too. Im sure they want to try for the prize?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is it to late to join this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have until 5/10/13 I believe. So either sign up under someone or see if you can get a referral yourself and post it here. (You must have gotten an invite to sign up - if you need a link just ask here for it)

I didn't, but I had issues getting it to accept my serial, and if I was supposed to get a second email from the promo company after submitting my serial, I didn't get that either, just an email saying I was registered and could enter my serial.

Gonna retry the old one and/or try registering my new(ish) 3G Vita under someone else's referral code; I'm guessing whoever's I used is maxed out on benefits by now.

EDIT: I don't exactly know what they want for barcode and model number - I'm assuming it's as the link says, the DC1*******7-PCH1101 bit, which was accepted this time. Hopefully all goes well.

Also, does anyone know how exactly I'm supposed to sign up to refer others, or is it really just who Sony Rewards sends emails to? Been a member since last year, and I haven't been able to sign up and haven't gotten an invite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Interstella 5555']If anyone is looking for a referral number and wants to help me out here's mine:

I only had a couple sign up under me and one of them was denied :cold:[/QUOTE]

just ordered a vita yesterday. hopefully it comes in time to register for this referral. if it does, i'll use you're code.

I've removed my referral code - PM me if you want it unfortunately someone keeps using it and spamming it with fake e-mail accounts and names and it's blowing up my e-mail and irritating the hell out of me. I figured after the 40 Russian names it would stop but I guess the world is still full of idiots.

Thanks to all the real people that have used it thus far - hopefully we get something.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']I'll just throw my referral code out there if anyone wants to set up with mine; apparently no one has signed up with mine yet :(

14084759[/QUOTE]

I used you. We'll see if it takes.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']I'll just throw my referral code out there if anyone wants to set up with mine; apparently no one has signed up with mine yet :(

14084759[/QUOTE]

I also used your code, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us.

14084759[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, I also used your code. Hope it works out for us!

Thanks for the people that used my referral code; hopefully we get some PSN credit.

Also, who's the one who signed up 40 times with different Russian names? lol

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']Thanks for the people that used my referral code; hopefully we get some PSN credit.

Also, who's the one who signed up 40 times with different Russian names? lol[/QUOTE]

Used yours as well, fingers crossed!

[quote name='Interstella 5555']If anyone is looking for a referral number and wants to help me out here's mine:

I only had a couple sign up under me and one of them was denied :cold:[/QUOTE]

used yours :)

how do I find my referral code?

I got the email this morning if anyone wants to use my referral number here it is.

Thanks to everyone that uses it.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Well they updated my referral list today. All 28 are marked as unsuccessful. I don't even think they went threw them.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I had two successful referrals confirmed with PSN and SR credits last month, but my other pending referrals stayed stagnate for a month until just now they're all marked as Unsuccessful. Seems uRefer/Sony got tired of working. :/

They updated my list the other day after I contacted them. They just threw away all of my pending ones, and even a few of my successful ones are missing. Didn't even bother marking them as unsuccessful. I emailed Sony Rewards again about it and am waiting to hear back.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Well they updated my referral list today. All 28 are marked as unsuccessful. I don't even think they went threw them.[/QUOTE]

Well that'd be lame - I remember using your link to input my Vita's SN. I'd have to assume that would mean I won't ever see that $20 in PSN wallet funds. :/

[quote name='Link2999']They updated my list the other day after I contacted them. They just threw away all of my pending ones, and even a few of my successful ones are missing. Didn't even bother marking them as unsuccessful. I emailed Sony Rewards again about it and am waiting to hear back.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I doubt they even went through them at all. Also I already emailed them and I never got a responded to it. This has been the biggest waste of time.

[quote name='bizmat']I used your referral. Hope this goes through okay.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks! It's showing up as Success - Pending.

Yup, same here. My referrals were actual friend's serial numbers, so I know they were real. Also the fact that it still says it was last updated April 04, 2013... :roll:

Good day for me today. Sony Rewards responded to my follow up email and applied the missing points to my account. Already got 4000 through Successful Referrals but 6000 points were up in the air until they just removed all of my Pending Referrals from my profile. They emailed me back to apologize and let me know that they added 6000 points to my account. They also let me know that I would be receiving $120 more PSN credit from Sony. :)

I bought some Headphones over at the Sony Online Store. Came out to a little under 5000 points.

[quote name='Link2999']Good day for me today. Sony Rewards responded to my follow up email and applied the missing points to my account. Already got 4000 through Successful Referrals but 6000 points were up in the air until they just removed all of my Pending Referrals from my profile. They emailed me back to apologize and let me know that they added 6000 points to my account. They also let me know that I would be receiving $120 more PSN credit from Sony. :)

I bought some Headphones over at the Sony Online Store. Came out to a little under 5000 points.[/QUOTE]

Interested on who you exactly contacted. What did you tell them?

[quote name='Persona Eater']Interested on who you exactly contacted. What did you tell them?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same? Who did you contact? I sent an email and never got a response.

EDIT: I sent an email to [email protected] as the disclaimer states at the bottom of the URefer login page (I should note I had sent an email about 10 days ago and never received a reply). I also sent Sony Rewards an email through there site. I'll comment later if I get a response from either

Here is the email sent to the above email address (I am omiting personal info)

-----------------------------------------------
Name - XXX
PSN ID - XXX
Email used for sign up - XXX

Hello this is the 2nd time I have emailed about this promotion. I sent an email 2 weeks ago and never received a response. I would like to know why all of my referrals were suddenly marked as unsuccessful. I know for a fact that a majority of those referrals should have been successful since I referred alot of my friends and collegues. Its seems odd and fishy that all of them would suddenly be marked unsuccessful yet the site has not been updated since April 4th? Now how is that possible. It seems as if someone decided to go ahead and not even bother verifying them and instead marked all as unsuccessful. This is uncalled for and is downright unethical and I would like an explanation, response and apology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name='Persona Eater']Interested on who you exactly contacted. What did you tell them?[/QUOTE]

Can't give you the exact email right now since I'm on my phone, but I went to the Sony Rewards site and filled out a contact form over there originally. This was after I spoke with someone from Playstation over the phone who told me to contact Sony Rewards because it was their promotion. Sony Rewards did try to send me back to Playstation, but I let them know I already spoke with Playstation and didn't want to get the runaround again. Explained that whoever checked my referrals didn't do it right and simply tossed them out and that I was missing out on a potential 6000pts and $120 PSN credit. After that email they adjusted my points to add another 6000 and told me Playstation would issue me my PSN credit in another email. I'll give them a few weeks before I send another email for the PSN credit.

5/13 Update. Playstation just sent me my $120 in PSN credit :) Didn't even need to send them another email. This promotion was awesome! Basically got $300 for free.

[quote name='Link2999']Can't give you the exact email right now since I'm on my phone, but I went to the Sony Rewards site and filled out a contact form over there originally. This was after I spoke with someone from Playstation over the phone who told me to contact Sony Rewards because it was their promotion. Sony Rewards did try to send me back to Playstation, but I let them know I already spoke with Playstation and didn't want to get the runaround again. Explained that whoever checked my referrals didn't do it right and simply tossed them out and that I was missing out on a potential 6000pts and $120 PSN credit. After that email they adjusted my points to add another 6000 and told me Playstation would issue me my PSN credit in another email. I'll give them a few weeks before I send another email for the PSN credit.

5/13 Update. Playstation just sent me my $120 in PSN credit :) Didn't even need to send them another email. This promotion was awesome! Basically got $300 for free.[/QUOTE]

Just got an email this afternoon from Playstation Support and I received 10 $20 PSN Codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing was added pointwise to my Sony Rewards account(I did go ahead and send them an email stating that I'm missing the 10000 points) but I won't be upset because I never expected to get anything let alone $200 in free PSN credit.

Quick note by the way. You can only have a max of $150 in your wallet (which is dumb considering I added $300 in PSN Credit last year to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket) so I was only able to redeem 7 of them. Will probobly preorder the Last of US on the PSN then use the last 3 codes.

[quote name='thereefernander']How the hell does this work? I've had my vita since Black friday last year. Can I still get any PSN $? How do you guys make all of this money anyway?[/QUOTE]

Too late now. Original promotion started in January and the next one started up around April and just finished. The promotion had you refer people that bought a PSVita using your link. You would get $20 PSN Credit & 1000 Sony Reward Points for each person you would refer (up to 10 People) and they would get $20 PSN Credit. Took awhile to finally get all of our rewards though. From 1/25/13 to 5/13/12 for me.

[quote name='Persona Eater']Alright, just shot them a message through their "Contact Us" link. Hopefully I will get something back in a timely manner.[/QUOTE]

Just did the same, contacted through the Sony Rewards contact forum and as an email to [email protected]. Hoping for some results :)

Alright, they just got back with me. No real answer for now. I sent an email to the [email protected] but nothing from them yet. I'll update as soon as they get back with me.

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards Online Support.

PS Vita Refer-A-Friend reward emails were sent to qualifying participants on April 15, 2013. If you qualify and have not received your reward email, please contact PlayStation Support at [email protected] with the subject line: Refer-A-Friend. To ensure prompt service please include your name, PSN ID, and the email address you used to sign up for the Refer-A-Friend program.

[quote name='Persona Eater']Alright, they just got back with me. No real answer for now. I sent an email to the [email protected] but nothing from them yet. I'll update as soon as they get back with me.[/QUOTE]

I got that same canned response. So off to send the same email to that address now.

[quote name='Persona Eater']Alright, they just got back with me. No real answer for now. I sent an email to the [email protected] but nothing from them yet. I'll update as soon as they get back with me.[/QUOTE]

Did you receive any reply yet?

All they did for me was reply with the one code that I already received for my successful one back in March or so. There was no other explanation or anything on my unsuccessful status or my inquiry to them explaining the situation...

Calling in also was no help. They claimed there was no way to check why it was unsuccessful, so they can't do anything. All they can do is check if you didn't receive your codes for any ones that were successful (like if you didn't get the normal email with the code for all your success ones or it went to spam and you deleted it for instance).

Pretty interesting some of you others actually got issued the full amounts of credit.

[quote name='kintanos']Did you receive any reply yet?

All they did for me was reply with the one code that I already received for my successful one back in March or so. There was no other explanation or anything on my unsuccessful status or my inquiry to them explaining the situation...

Calling in also was no help. They claimed there was no way to check why it was unsuccessful, so they can't do anything. All they can do is check if you didn't receive your codes for any ones that were successful (like if you didn't get the normal email with the code for all your success ones or it went to spam and you deleted it for instance).

Pretty interesting some of you others actually got issued the full amounts of credit.[/QUOTE]

They still haven't even responded to me.

The only response I've gotten was a customer satisfaction survey, asking my opinion on about how well they responded to my email (which they haven't). So I filled it out saying that they never even responded, and resent the email again. :/

Ok so I got an email from Sony Rewards today letting me know they put 10000 points in my account. I went ahead and went to the Sony Store site and immmediatly ordered the Last of Us and Soul Sacrifce with my points.

Well, after four attempts to ask for assistance via email, and receiving back three automated survey requests instead of help, I finally received back a response saying that Sony placed a $20 credit into my PSN/SEN wallet. Better than nothing at least :)

Same here, I did the online chat, got a service request number, called the main line with my SR, and they put $20 into my account. :)

So I began on 4/18-ish...and only managed to get 4 referrals accepted (this week) out of 100+? Does that sound right? Should I contact that email and tell them that there could of been a mistake? I mean all of them but 4 are "unsuccessful". Seems someone just didnt feel like verifying all the refferals. Damn it this blows. I was counting on that credit. 

So I began on 4/18-ish...and only managed to get 4 referrals accepted (this week) out of 100+? Does that sound right? Should I contact that email and tell them that there could of been a mistake? I mean all of them but 4 are "unsuccessful". Seems someone just didnt feel like verifying all the refferals. Damn it this blows. I was counting on that credit.
If you look back on the previous couple of pages, you'll see that a lot of us referral-givers ended up getting a bunch of "Successful-Pending" referrals suddenly rejected, almost as if Sony/uRefer gave up trying to authenticate all of the referrals/Vita serials after a month. Several people, including myself, were able to contact PlayStation for assistance and were able to get a few PSN codes for compensation of being hung out to dry (myself got a $20 code). I sent an email to [email protected]. However, it should be said that I had to resend my email for assistance 4 different times over a month until I finally received an actual response (the other three times I just got a computerized reply and survey about my "customer service". Hope this helps!

I also had only 4 referrals accepted out of 16, received the codes 10 minutes ago.

I just got another email from them with 1000 more points and another $20 PSN code. Apparently the 1000 points actually gave me 6000 and the $20 PSN code didn't work. Not really sure what's up. I preordered Killzone and the PS4 camera while I could.

Edit: You have to claim the Reward Points BY TOMORROW! So make sure you do that ASAP!

bread's done
Back