Register Vita get Free $20 PSN *Fixed Issues* Update From SONY

To everyone receiving their codes today, were you all part of the second wave of referral-giving in April?  I was in the first run in February-March, so I doubt I'd be receiving any more codes/credits.

I got my codes today and they both don't work. My PS3 rejected the $20 PSN credit and the Sony Rewards website said I wasn't eligible for 1000 points. Is [email protected] still the best email to contact them about this?

I got my codes today and they both don't work. My PS3 rejected the $20 PSN credit and the Sony Rewards website said I wasn't eligible for 1000 points. Is [email protected] still the best email to contact them about this?
That email address seems to be the best one concerning uRefer/Sony's Vita program. However, I've had to resend my email asking for assistance 4 times over a month until I finally received an actual response from them, so your results might vary.

So out of the 5 codes they sent me only 1 of them worked and it keeps saying my account is not eligible for the 5000 rewards points -_-

I called PS Support about the PSN Code being invalid and they gave me a service request number and an email to send it to. So hoping to get that extra $20 PSN by the end of next week. I feel like I may have gotten the Reward Points while others didn't because they were sending out a duplicate link. I managed to click it as soon as I got the email, so for all I know I may have been the first one to do it.

They issued me a case # and are looking into the fact I can't register for my 5000 reward points and now I'm going to call Sony and find out what's up with my $100 in PSN vouchers not working.

I'm still waiting for their response, I was able to activate only 1 out of 4 codes that they sent me
Yeah I was only able to activate 1 out of 5 - also still waiting for a response.

I did go back into the e-mail and go "Hey, you know what? Let me try clicking that link for my 5,000 points." and lo and behold, it actually worked so I did get my 5,000 points. Now I just need the other $80 in PSN credit and I'm set :D

Yeah I was only able to activate 1 out of 5 - also still waiting for a response.

I did go back into the e-mail and go "Hey, you know what? Let me try clicking that link for my 5,000 points." and lo and behold, it actually worked so I did get my 5,000 points. Now I just need the other $80 in PSN credit and I'm set :D
I wasn't able to redeem my rewards point when I first received the email, decided to try again when I read your post, and to my surprise, it worked. At least now we know that they're working on it.

Yes is this the only email? I would like to ask someone from Sony why I onlt got 4 referals out of 10. I mean I had over 100. That sleazy. lol

Just spend an hour on the phone with PlayStation support and they said that they have to research the vouchers and now it's going to be up to another 10 days before they can give me a resolution on whether or not they can re-issue $80 in vouchers, which of course they're going to or else I'm going to flip out on them after this whole fiasco and them bricking my PS3 with no compensation with their awful 4.45 firmware.

i was in the first round of referrals and i got a code for $20 today and it worked and my referral period ended months ago. my referral period ending when you guys referral period started so i do not know how of why they sent me another psn card  

so check your emails again

edit : they sent me the email june  30 

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my vouchers on June 29th and all four have already been consumed. I just spent 40 minutes arguing with a supervisor at Sony support about this program. He states all 4 $20 vouchers were sent on April 15th and redeemed the same day, but I was only involved with the round of referrals ending May 10th. He says that he can see that the vouchers were sent to me and redeemed shortly afterwards.

He says they won't do anything about already redeemed vouchers and basically told me I'm SOL. What a scam, never again.

I received my vouchers on June 29th and all four have already been consumed. I just spent 40 minutes arguing with a supervisor at Sony support about this program. He states all 4 $20 vouchers were sent on April 15th and redeemed the same day, but I was only involved with the round of referrals ending May 10th. He says that he can see that the vouchers were sent to me and redeemed shortly afterwards.

He says they won't do anything about already redeemed vouchers and basically told me I'm SOL. What a scam, never again.
I'm going to follow up with them on my next day off (Thursday) and find out what the hell is going on with my vouchers. I won't allow them to tell me I'm SOL.

I'm going to follow up with them on my next day off (Thursday) and find out what the hell is going on with my vouchers. I won't allow them to tell me I'm SOL.
Let us know what happens, so far I'm not impressed with Sony's customer service. I still haven't received an acknowledgement of the email I sent regarding this from June 30th.

Let us know what happens, so far I'm not impressed with Sony's customer service. I still haven't received an acknowledgement of the email I sent regarding this from June 30th.
Yeah, I've sent two emails in the last four weeks; the only replies I received were automated replies that they'd gotten my messages, and a customer satisfaction survey for the first one. I'm less than pleased.

I just called and as of July 8th it's in the investigation phase so they have no update just yet...

Yeah, I've sent two emails in the last four weeks; the only replies I received were automated replies that they'd gotten my messages, and a customer satisfaction survey for the first one. I'm less than pleased.
The e-mails will not get you anywhere. I also sent two e-mails and never received a message back other than the automated reply - call them.

So I just received another email from Sony customer service about my PSN codes, and there were four $20 codes included in the email, even though I've already been sent replacement codes in the past before.  Looks like I'll be redeeming these asap in case they realize their error o_O

Just got an email with my four replacement codes - hope these ones actually work.

[EDIT]

Woo! They worked!

Last edited by a moderator:
i also got an email with my four replacement codes and they all worked. I kind of want to call CS to talk to the supervisor who told me that Sony doesn't issue replacement codes. Whatever, I got what I was promised.

i also got an email with my four replacement codes and they all worked. I kind of want to call CS to talk to the supervisor who told me that Sony doesn't issue replacement codes. Whatever, I got what I was promised.
Apparently I'm the only one that didn't receive new codes >.>

bread's done
Back