Register Vita get Free $20 PSN *Fixed Issues* Update From SONY

Dunno why but seems too strange... Btw, anyone tryed registering multiple times? Seems you just need to put a random serial number (that is so easy to guess...)

This is odd....You can just add any character to the serial and it says Congrats....I dunno...we'll see. I added a 0, an H, and a U and each one said I will get a free $20 PSN card.

[quote name='iamme10']If anybody else would like to throw a couple referrals my way, my referral ID is 14003749. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I used your code, figured share the wealth a bit.

again, shameless advertising. i have mine in the referral section. if this actually works i WILL do a big ol psn giveaway.

kinda wish i would have broken the cag rules and posted here instead of referrals. had mine up a few hours before this.

I cant seem to create an account, Im not receiving my confirmation email :( had it sent again like 10 times checked in the spam but still no confirmation email...

Used yours!

[quote name='iamme10']If anybody else would like to throw a couple referrals my way, my referral ID is 14003749. Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadylane']Used yours![/QUOTE]

What is yours? I think it's only fair to use a someone else now since you did! :D

How do I get my referral code...thank you for being so nice!

[quote name='hereon']What is yours? I think it's only fair to use a someone else now since you did! :D[/QUOTE]

just used the ops referral and 4-6 weeks for delivery, they didn't ask for my address so im guessing check your psn inboxes in 4 weeks :)

Props OP. Also used the extra H method.

How do I find out what my own referral code is though? I can do this with my co-worker for another $20 hopefully.

[quote name='novakane']props op. Also used the extra h method.

How do i find out what my own referral code is though? I can do this with my co-worker for another $20 hopefully.[/quote]

i too have a white vita, but threw in a "0" instead of an extra "h" and it worked.

You can use any combinations of numbers and letters in the serial number so i don't think it's working properly, no matter what letters and number combination i put in, i get congratulations.

i also can't create my own account, keeps giving me my psn id is invalid nomatter which one i use

I have the white Vita which I bought on Amazon over Black Friday and I used the extra H method and it worked like a charm. Kudos to whoever figured this out.

I used the referral on this page too btw, thanks! also used the first letter twice method because the extra 0 doesnt work for me :)

Here's my referral code if anyone wants to spread the wealth:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they're checking to see if that PSN ID uses that Vita eventually... Because if it's accepting a bunch of serials no question asked, without mentioning a further step...

Oh, and the rules mention the code will be EMAILED. The 1000 Sony Reward Points (Good for $10 of PSN Credit on Sony Rewards site) is applied to the account with that email address.

[quote name='TheJLC']How you find your referral code?[/QUOTE]

Sony sent me an email with a referral link. That's how I got mine. Thanks to anybody who has already used mine.

I can't believe this thing will work for true, seems you can put any serial number invented and it says it's good... And I actually don't believe that in 4 - 6 weeks I will recive about 160$ in psn cards, it's stupid ._.

Thanks OP. Here's my code as well for those of you wishing to spread the wealth: 14036475

Also, remember that only the first 10 referrals are for the $20 PSN credit and 1000 Rewards Points of the person who referred you. After that they only receive votes towards the grand prize, so spreading the wealth is a good idea in this situation.

note* i have gotten no PSN cash yet and i only get from the first ten so be happy to share and post your referral codes help and build on each other

[quote name='spikeking365']note* i have gotten no PSN cash yet and i only get from the first ten so be happy to share and post your referral codes help and build on each other[/QUOTE]
Your not helping anyone but yourself by making the referral code public. The ones that sign up under you probably think they are getting a $20 Playstation network card when you probably went over 10 referrals due to lurkers already. Currently those doing the referring have no way to tell how many we have referred since the leaderboard section under "my account" is not working. I also wanted to add that the serial number sony wants is not the one that shows up underneath the Vita that says "Serial no.". It's the one that is for Serial # for Reg. Hence why some of you guys needed to add more zeros to make it fit in the form. The "Serial no." will not qualify for this promotion even if you add more zeros to it since its not the one Sony wants.

Sony also does manually verify the serial numbers, getting the generic screen showing 4-6 weeks delivery time does not mean your guaranteed a $20 PS card in 4-6 weeks. Hence you could be over the 10 people limit or even put in random numbers as the serial number.

The best way to do this is through PM and keeping the referral code private to 10 people which is how I'm doing it right now with a few CAGs. The only reason to make the referral code public is to win that grand prize of 10,000 sony points which I don't need.

[quote name='twiceborn']@htz - Would you mind telling us where the registration serial # is at. I have two vitas I'd like to register for this.[/QUOTE]
The correct one is the one on the left. Not the one on the right that says "serial no.".

P.S. You can't register 2 vitas, its against the promotional terms. You might be able to bypass it with 2 unique PSN IDs but no guarantees.

Has anyone seen this promo being mentioned by Sony on a blog or anything? Can't seem to find it being advertised anywhere.

[quote name='htz']The correct one is the one on the left. Not the one on the right that says "serial no.".

P.S. You can't register 2 vitas, its against the promotional terms. You might be able to bypass it with 2 unique PSN IDs but no guarantees.[/QUOTE]

You can also find the serial for registration on the Vita box, that's how I found mine. Exact same as the left serial on the Vita (in case your sticker disappeared like mine).

[quote name='Francision']Has anyone seen this promo being mentioned by Sony on a blog or anything? Can't seem to find it being advertised anywhere.[/QUOTE]
From my understanding you need to be invited through email to do the referring. You might see something on the blog on Monday, the emails didn't go out until yesterday night.
[quote name='Kanokare']You can also find the serial for registration on the Vita box, that's how I found mine. Exact same as the left serial on the Vita (in case your sticker disappeared like mine).[/QUOTE]
Yes that is correct.

P.S. I have one CAG that read this thread and did the add zero numbers method by accident. Those of you that did that... Is Sony allowing you to go back in and add/change the original serial number you submitted?

Well...when I tried to enter through referral, the code on my box (serial for registration) would not work period. Any old code didn't work for me, apparently. I tried the code on the box plain and then the code on the box with extra stuff added on and the site kept saying invalid serial. Then I got my Vita and used the code on the sticker for Serial no. on the right and it went through just fine.

[quote name='htz']The correct one is the one on the left. Not the one on the right that says "serial no.".

P.S. You can't register 2 vitas, its against the promotional terms. You might be able to bypass it with 2 unique PSN IDs but no guarantees.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer, but it says that number is invalid. And when you click on the "Where can I find my Serial#?" link it recognizes the one on the right as the serial, but that one doesn't work unless an extra digit is added.

[quote name='twiceborn']Thanks for the answer, but it says that number is invalid. And when you click on the "Where can I find my Serial#?" link it recognizes the one on the right as the serial, but that one doesn't work unless an extra digit is added.[/QUOTE]
How many digits will the form take max? Also did you ever sign into your PSN ID with that particular Vita?

Edit: It looks like the form will take anything as long as it contains 10 digits?

htz,

give me your ref link and let me try with that left side. and yes, you can go back and change a number and it takes you back to thank you page again if you used the right side with extra digith and what not

[quote name='akito12']Here's my referral code if anyone wants to spread the wealth:
14320213[/QUOTE]

I used this one, so good luck. Entered my Vita's serial number as listed and it didn't take, added an extra digit and it worked. No idea what's up with that but got the "success" screen. I guess we'll find out in 4-6 weeks!

I'm sent out a couple referrals and all are unable to enter the serial number. If you want a referral shoot me a pm. Hopefully they fix this

So wait i'm confused,do you just need the referral code for this to work or do you need someones PS vita info and the referral code????
EDIT OF DOOM: kay so i used 14320213 but with two HH's and it worked,it said my card would show up in 4 to 6 weeks. woooooot free money :DDD

[quote name='darkjedi187']Has anyone got the activity page to works? Wanted to see the Titus of the referrals I sent out[/QUOTE]

hasnt worked since i started this morning

[quote name='Francision']Has anyone seen this promo being mentioned by Sony on a blog or anything? Can't seem to find it being advertised anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Neither have I. I've registered my vita with my PSN account too, & didn't get any email(s) about this...

Too many responses, confused about the whole requirements. Going to play LBP-K & go to sleep...if anyone can simplify this whole ordeal for me, I'd appreciate it.

Where do you get your referral code?

I try to sign up but it says that my email is not eligible or something

bread's done
Back