Register Vita get Free $20 PSN *Fixed Issues* Update From SONY

How do you get a ref. code? I'd like to take part in this. Do I get one when I use someone elses and fill out that info?

[quote name='hellmutt']I am so lost. I tried to sign up and get the following message:
"Unable to complete registration. Please fix errors and re-submit.

Your account is not eligible for this offer. If you believe this is an error, please contact us to help diagnose the problem"[/QUOTE]

ditto for me

[quote name='spikeking365']
All you need to do is enter the information as requested on the website: http://www.urefer.com/sonyvita/rp_home.php?id=. When you enter the information, make sure you are entering the Barcode number, and not the Serial number. The Barcode number is located on the bottom left hand side of the PS Vita™, and starts with a DC followed by nine numbers. [/QUOTE]

That'd be great if you could reply to this email, to reconfirm that Sony does want the barcode numbers, not the serial numbers, entered on the referral acceptance pages. :/

I'm getting Unable to verify your PSN ID, please verify your entry and try again, why is that, cause I didn't get the e-mail?

[quote name='mars009']I'm getting Unable to verify your PSN ID, please verify your entry and try again, why is that, cause I didn't get the e-mail?[/QUOTE]
i sent you a message

hmmm how odd. barcode and serial # didn't work. so i tried each again adding another 0 in front and both worked. i guess we will see if this works out or not. if not oh well. peace all

No idea, I'm still going to stick with the Serial number because that's what the site says. Even when you click "Where's my Serial Number" it says that it's the number on the right and not on the left. I'm afraid if I enter another one they'll invalidate both my entries.

In any case if anyone would like to give me a referral:

psvita.amplifinity.com/offer

Referral code: 14079494

Thanks!

I don't know if it's the same for everyone (I'm guessing it is), but my Barcode number is basically my Serial number with a 1 before and after it. So it looks like this DC1(Serial Number)1. I think some people have 0 at the beginning and end, while some have 1.

[quote name='Jommy']I don't know if it's the same for everyone (I'm guessing it is), but my Barcode number is basically my Serial number with a 1 before and after it. So it looks like this DC1(Serial Number)1. I think some people have 0 at the beginning and end, while some have 1.[/QUOTE]

Well I have a 4 at the beginning and 0 at the end. DC4(Serial Number)0

There goes another idea. Stupid Sony and making this complicated.

[quote name='StrikeZero']Well I have a 4 at the beginning and 0 at the end. DC4(Serial Number)0

There goes another idea. Stupid Sony and making this complicated.[/QUOTE]

Ah well we know that minus the beginning and ending number the bar code and the serial number are the same.

I get the sinking feeling that Sony is just going to invalidate everything. The only winner is the company Sony hired to do this stupid promo that will result in no new Vitas sold.

Postin' my code here with link if anyone needs to use it. I edited my previous post. Also "My Account" is finally workin' for me which wasn't since the promotion started.

14193109 http://psvita.amplifinity.com/offer

[quote name='sir-fly']here is mine
14281062 http://psvita.amplifinity.com/offer

thanks to who ever can use it[/QUOTE]

I used this one, since I entered the wrong thing for another referral.

This time I did the left side of the Vita. I took out DC and it finally worked for me.

XXXXXXXXXX-PCH1001

I typed it in just like that.

Edit: I don't even know if what I entered was correct now lol.

I emailed them asking about what to input for the serial number. This is their reply:

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is Tim, and I will be assisting you today.

The number that is needed for input is the number that begins with DC. You will want to enter that number until the dash before the PCH. Once that number is entered you should be able to complete the form.

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Support today. You may receive a brief email survey. Please feel free to answer some questions regarding your email experience with us today.

Sincerely,
Tim G.
PlayStation® Technical Support
1-800-345-7669
http://us.playstation.com

I have no idea how to get it through. I guess include the dash? Unless only new Vita systems purchased include a 10 digit code that allows it to go through. Anyone want to check? xD

[quote name='StrikeZero']I emailed them asking about what to input for the serial number. This is their reply:

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is Tim, and I will be assisting you today.

The number that is needed for input is the number that begins with DC. You will want to enter that number until the dash before the PCH. Once that number is entered you should be able to complete the form.

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Support today. You may receive a brief email survey. Please feel free to answer some questions regarding your email experience with us today.

Sincerely,
Tim G.
PlayStation® Technical Support
1-800-345-7669
http://us.playstation.com

I have no idea how to get it through. I guess include the dash? Unless only new Vita systems purchased include a 10 digit code that allows it to go through. Anyone want to check? xD[/QUOTE]

i tried that and mine did not work but once i entered the serial # like the step by step fill out form said to it went threw and said wait 4-6 weeks...
if they say add the serial # while we fill out the form but it turns out we needed another number means that this is a scam because clearly on the fill out form it said to add your serial # and it shows you where to find it

So I just got my stuff working with OP's code. How is sony going to send me my $20? Is it via mail, or email? I don't recall giving them an address...

[quote name='jwk94']So I just got my stuff working with OP's code. How is sony going to send me my $20? Is it via mail, or email? I don't recall giving them an address...[/QUOTE]

The fine print says that the codes will be sent via email near the end of the promotion, so in late February.

To those who can send out referrals, I noticed that the referral website Account page is working now. You can see how many referrals you've sent out and the status of them too (most of mine are at "Success - Pending", with one as "Accepted"). There's a leaderboard showing the highest-referring people, but so far the counter for everyone is at zero.....so Amplifinity is still working on getting everything working correctly.

[quote name='Jommy']Ah well we know that minus the beginning and ending number the bar code and the serial number are the same.

I get the sinking feeling that Sony is just going to invalidate everything. The only winner is the company Sony hired to do this stupid promo that will result in no new Vitas sold.[/QUOTE]

i agree. I do hope Sony just says fuk it and lets us all get 20 psn codes but i dunno. Just gotta wait and see

I managed to get mine in as far back as the original thread. What I did was use my Serial Number but I put a zero after the second letter at the beginning of my serial number. Bam. Accepted. This was the second thing I tried, guess I got lucky. FWIW, I pre-ordered my Vita on Amazon, so this is a day one device.

Anyone know when to expect our codes?

[quote name='chaosking121']I managed to get mine in as far back as the original thread. What I did was use my Serial Number but I put a zero after the second letter at the beginning of my serial number. Bam. Accepted. This was the second thing I tried, guess I got lucky. FWIW, I pre-ordered my Vita on Amazon, so this is a day one device.

Anyone know when to expect our codes?[/QUOTE]

Looking at the terms of the promotion, it looks like the codes will be sent out via email at the end of the program, so in late February.

My girlfriend and I have a vita. Anyone still have a referral code I could use for both. Want to make sure I get the $20 for both of us.

[quote name='whoknows']Not sure. I got an email from Sony to sign up.

Anyway here's my referral code for anyone kind enough to use it

14098945[/QUOTE]

Used your code. Thanks

Thanks OP for the tip on the 0 before the SN. Worked like a charm.

I too am getting the Your PSN ID is the screen name you create for yourself when you register your PS Vita. This contest is open to legal residents of 50 U.S./D.C 18+ who receive notification directly from Sony Computer Entertainment America addressed specifically to him/her.

HALP?

[quote name='whoknows']Not sure. I got an email from Sony to sign up.

Anyway here's my referral code for anyone kind enough to use it

http://psvita.amplifinity.com/offer

14098945[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Used your code for girlfriend's vita and my own. Got a weird msg on the second vita saying that I have already seen this screen and the action is still pending. Then it went ahead to the next window where I input the serial number. I got the 'CONGRATS' screen after both. I'm sure I did it right, right? lol

If anyone else needs a referral for a $20 psn code, you can use my referral link, no code entering required. Thanks cags! http://t.co/wIZgbj6z

[quote name='chaosking121']I managed to get mine in as far back as the original thread. What I did was use my Serial Number but I put a zero after the second letter at the beginning of my serial number. Bam. Accepted. This was the second thing I tried, guess I got lucky. FWIW, I pre-ordered my Vita on Amazon, so this is a day one device.

Anyone know when to expect our codes?[/QUOTE]

I did the same, hoping we don't get screwed somehow

If anyone would like to help me out, this is my referral code:

Referral code: 14134980

I've committed myself to not buying any games this year for budgetary reasons (my wife and I are trying to save so we can buy a house), so a PSN card or two would be much appreciated.

[quote name='spikeking365']well update rankings says no success for anybody on the site sony's playing us i bet[/QUOTE]
Haha, nobody at all? Man, that seriously sucks.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Haha, nobody at all? Man, that seriously sucks.[/QUOTE]

fuck yes I got 3 successful referrals so far. Free $60 now just waiting for my 2 other referrals to be successful. :drool:

BTW a lot of my other referrals was Unsuccessful so the 3 successful I got somehow apparently inputted their serials correctly.

Also this is my referral code if anyone wants to help me. I need 7 more successful referrals to get the max 10.

Referral Code: 13905604

bread's done
Back