Register Vita get Free $20 PSN *Fixed Issues* Update From SONY

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I just guessed at a serial number and it said $20 was on its way, so that's pretty boss.[/QUOTE]

you will probably not get the $20.00, pretty sure these are manually checked, which is the reason why it's 4-6 weeks for delivery and not instant

[quote name='djricekcn']you will probably not get the $20.00, pretty sure these are manually checked, which is the reason why it's 4-6 weeks for delivery and not instant[/QUOTE]
We'll see. Did it 11 more times, so if it doesn't work, oh well. If it does, then awesome.

I have 4 more spots available on my referral code, so drop me a PM if you own a Vita but have not used your PSN ID/serial with another referral code.

Edit: 2-3 slots left.

Edit2: All gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NovaKane']Props OP. Also used the extra H method.

How do I find out what my own referral code is though? I can do this with my co-worker for another $20 hopefully.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='NovaKane']Anyone?[/QUOTE]
Try the print out. It will open a PDF with your referral code to distribute.

[quote name='djricekcn']you will probably not get the $20.00, pretty sure these are manually checked, which is the reason why it's 4-6 weeks for delivery and not instant[/QUOTE]

As DJRice said, these are probably checked manually (considering the delivery-time)...& if your serials are not accurate, then I doubt they will count as working entries.

That means all of you probably wasted your time. :/

Trying to sign up for the referral program (was able to join Sony Rewards just fine), but it says that it's unable to verify my PSN ID, despite being correct.

Edit: Now it's saying my account isn't eligible for the offer. Maybe it was because I registered my Vita on a referral page I found (hoping I'll still get the $20 from that, at least)?

[quote name='TheJLC']Here is my referral code if anyone wants.

14117082[/QUOTE]

I used your referral code and it seemed to work fine. Added a 0 right before the numbers of the SN.

How can I get my own referral code? Never got this e-mail people are talking about!

The issue with them manually verifying the Serial is every single one that was sumbitted to them is invalid. We all had to add an extra digit to the serial to get it to accept it. Whether it was an extra letter or number it was 1 more than what the real serial is. As such I think this whole this is messed up. Be interesting to see what happens.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']13763819 is my referral number if anyone still needs to register their Vita. Cag on Cags![/QUOTE]

Signed up under you. Hope we get the $20.

[quote name='MrSneis']I used your referral code and it seemed to work fine. Added a 0 right before the numbers of the SN.

How can I get my own referral code? Never got this e-mail people are talking about![/QUOTE]
Thanks.

The way I got it was by clicking on "Print Referral Cards to hand out" and it opened a PDF file with my referral code.

[quote name='MrSneis']
How can I get my own referral code? Never got this e-mail people are talking about![/QUOTE]
If you never got an invitation through email from Sony, you can't sign up to be a referrer.

[quote name='TheJLC']Try the print out. It will open a PDF with your referral code to distribute.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot.

[quote name='Chemicalgamer01']Are you able to do this more than once for another $20 dollar card or is it just one per person/household type of deal???[/QUOTE]

Those that received an email from Sony giving them access to send out referrals can send out as many referrals as they want. However, they can only receive $20 PSN codes from a maximum of 10 recipients that accept the offer/referral. Any more acceptings of additional referrals just add-on to the sender's total "score" of number of accepted referrals. There is a contest of sorts where the highest-scoring referral-givers can possibly win $10,000.

People that accept these referrals can only do it once, one acception per PSN ID and PS Vita Serial number.

Both the referral-giver and the referral-receiver earn for themselves a $20 PSN code for redemption on the PlayStation Network. Referral-givers that are also Sony Rewards members also earn 1000 Sony Rewards points for each referral accepted, which is equivalent to $10.

So far, it seems that any PS Vita serial number works on the referral-acceptance page, even if they were purchased much earlier from when this promotion started. So really, if you are a PS Vita owner, even an earlier owner, it would be beneficial to accept a referral from these referral-givers (I myself am one), and using their unique acceptance code and your unique PSN ID and PS Vita serial number you can get a $20 PSN code via email :)

It looks like the PSN codes/rewards are being sent out via email, although not until the later part of the promotion or afterwards (near the end of Februrary).

So no one has figured out yet how to put the SN in correctly? Because I know it has to be 10 characters, but it only lists 9. Maybe we had to add a dash between the letters and the numbers instead of a 0? Just a suggestion.

I am so lost. I tried to sign up and get the following message:
"Unable to complete registration. Please fix errors and re-submit.

Your account is not eligible for this offer. If you believe this is an error, please contact us to help diagnose the problem"

update from sony

Thank you for contacting PlayStation® Technical Support. My name is Ryan, and I understand how frustrating it is when you receive emails from us, and are unsure of what they are. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and I can definitely assist you with this today.

The email you have received from us, is a new promotion that we have going on. Starting January 25, 2013, a new PlayStation®Vita Refer-A-Friend promotion was launched. We sent over 50,000 email to every PS Vita™ owner. We want to reward you for referring your friends, neighbors, family members for purchasing their own PS Vita™. If you refer someone to purchase a new PS Vita™, you will receive a $20 PSN Card and 1000 Sony reward points and your friend or family member will also receive a $20 PSN Card. You can refer your friends to buy a PS Vita™ via email, post to Facebook,Twitter, or use your physical mail to invite friends.

All you need to do is enter the information as requested on the website: http://www.urefer.com/sonyvita/rp_home.php?id=. When you enter the information, make sure you are entering the Barcode number, and not the Serial number. The Barcode number is located on the bottom left hand side of the PS Vita™, and starts with a DC followed by nine numbers.

The best part about this is that you can refer as many people as you wish! However, you will only receive a maximum of 10 rewards. At the end of the program, the person with the most successful referrals (friends who purchased a PS Vita™) will receive 1 million Sony reward points.

Reward points are redeemed at the Sony Rewards Website (www.sonyrewards.com) where you can redeem items like music, games, movies, etc.

Please note: Contest and rewards program offer begins 1/24/2013 (9:00am ET) and ends 2/28/2013 (6:00pm ET).

If you have any further questions regarding this promotion, please feel free to reply back for further assistance.

Thank you for contacting PlayStation®Support today. You may receive a brief email survey. Please feel free to answer some questions regarding your email experience with us today

Sincerely,
Ryan K.
PlayStation® Technical Support
1-800-345-SONY (7669)
www.us.playstation.com

Wow, that's some major trolling Sony's doing with saying to enter Barcode number instead of Serial Number......

I had like 19 people enter the serial number already with a 0 in front too...

Though people going to still run into the same problem with the Barcode Numbers.

The Barcode Number is only 9 digits long. If you include the DC at the beginning it's 11 digits long. The offer specifically only accepts 10 digit long codes.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I used this one too... lucky you.

My referral code is 1397340 if anyone happens to see this one.[/QUOTE]thank you

I didn't add any 0 to the DC barcode. There is indeed a 0 at the end of the code though but I think that is part of the barcode itself.

No those two 0 is part of your barcode number.

My barcode is DC 42X0XXXXXX0.

As you can see the 0 is a part of the unique barcode not something that is tacked on to each code like the DC.

bread's done
Back