Resident Evil 4 Wii - $19.99 on Black Friday! 750,000 copies sold around the globe!

[quote name='Derrick1979']hmm lets see....

Originally released for GC
Added content & released for PS2
All content and Wii controls

How many times are you people going to buy the same game ??

If you played the GC and PS2 version is it really worth another purchase for some new control scheme??[/QUOTE]

No, not really but there isn't anything else coming out besides Manhunt 2 in July.

I am still up in the air, if they ramp up the difficulity I will buy it. Otherwise idk yet I mean I never played the PS2 version and the Wiimote controlls is one the reason I bought a Wii for. Then again I played the GCN version 3 times through and I don't know if I would be up for it again.

I'm sold. I never did finish the GCN or PS2 versions. I just traded those in to GS to completely cover the cost of the Wii version.

That video really got me excited for this.

And I only played the GC version a little past the title screen, then they announced this so I stopped.

Honestly, yes, it's worth buying this game again. I was really disappointed when the PS2 version of RE4 came out. Yeah, there was new content, but the graphics were significantly worse and the audio quality took a serious hit. So I could either have a good A/V presentation on the Gamecube or a bit more content on the PS2... not both (before someone says "just buy both," I don't want to have 2 copies of the game sitting around.) But this is truly the ultimate version of the game, so it's nice to have just so there's no question that I have the definitive version of the game. And RE4 is so damn good that it warrants another purchase.

I just played it today and the Wii Japanese version looks to play a whole lot faster than the Cube version. I wonder if the American Wii version will be the same.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I just played it today and the Wii Japanese version looks to play a whole lot faster than the Cube version. I wonder if the American Wii version will be the same.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by that? Like, the zombies move faster, there's more on screen... what? Either way, I am intrigued.

[quote name='Chacrana']What do you mean by that? Like, the zombies move faster, there's more on screen... what? Either way, I am intrigued.[/quote]Me too, lol if you ramp up the difficulity or action fucking sold, lol.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I just played it today and the Wii Japanese version looks to play a whole lot faster than the Cube version. I wonder if the American Wii version will be the same.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good. I'd imagine the faster aiming would make it flow better.

Sorry. I wasn't clear.

I played the Gamecube version last night for about three hours. And watching the video (which is of the Japanese Wii version), it's clear that the Wii version plays faster than the Gamecube version.

At 3:33 left in the video, when Leon does the triple shot (head shot, knee, head shot), something like that is near impossible to do at that speed in the Gamecube version. In addition, item pick-ups appear to come up faster as well. It looks like they just took the game and made it run 10% faster.

[quote name='Zen Davis']

At 3:33 left in the video, when Leon does the triple shot (head shot, knee, head shot), something like that is near impossible to do at that speed in the Gamecube version. In addition, item pick-ups appear to come up faster as well. It looks like they just took the game and made it run 10% faster.[/QUOTE]

which is why FPS's would rule on the Wii if they could get the controls down.

I can't wait for this. It'll be the third time playing through for me. Hopefully it'll feel like an all new experience.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I think Capcom is going to turn a profit on this.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised... the development costs must be near zero and it stands a very good chance of selling a lot of copies... especially after a pretty good first day performance.

Did anyone ever get bored with the GameCube title? It was good all around, but it gotten quite redundant.

I must admit
being held up at the house with a whole lot of Zombies charging through the windows was by far one of the coolest moments, if only for the "classic zombie cinema" quality of it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wouldn't be surprised... the development costs must be near zero and it stands a very good chance of selling a lot of copies... especially after a pretty good first day performance.[/quote]
I'd expect 40k for the first week and then something like 10k for the second week. 4k for the third week and it would fall off the charts.

And then they'll make a profit when they release the game in North America and Europe.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Did anyone ever get bored with the GameCube title? It was good all around, but it gotten quite redundant.

I must admit
being held up at the house with a whole lot of Zombies charging through the windows was by far one of the coolest moments, if only for the "classic zombie cinema" quality of it.
[/quote]

I kept a save game at exactly that point in the game so I could play that part over and over, trying out different strategies. :D

Is anyone giving anything special for a preorder? I'd imagine some store would want to help boost sales of the 3rd release of this game with a promo. The last couple times EB/GS had a Making Of DVD and shirts IIRC.

According to the EGM review all they did is take the PS2 version (with GCN or Wii graphics) and add in Wiimote controll. The one guy said the Wiimote made the game too easy and others were complaining about how it doesn't work sometimes.

Resident Evil 4 Wii - June 19, 2007 - Support M-rated Games!

While I want to do just that for this system, I don't want to support lazy rereleases, and in turn the lack of motivation to build off of a great foundation, if not necessarily 'innovate'. So, no, I won't be buying this version of the game (I already own and have completed) anytime soon. If ever.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']According to the EGM review all they did is take the PS2 version (with GCN or Wii graphics) and add in Wiimote controll. The one guy said the Wiimote made the game too easy and others were complaining about how it doesn't work sometimes.[/quote]What did you think they were going to do? They basically combined the best of the previous two versions. And I've pretty much learned to ignore EGM (most reviewers for that matter) on whether Wii controls "work" or not. Especially when one of them says they make the game too easy (clearly they work then) but the other two can't figure it out.

I am so happy that I got $70 on ebay for my RE4 GC collectors edition.. that extra $5 at gamestop was worth it, for once.

[quote name='botticus']What did you think they were going to do? They basically combined the best of the previous two versions. And I've pretty much learned to ignore EGM (most reviewers for that matter) on whether Wii controls "work" or not. Especially when one of them says they make the game too easy (clearly they work then) but the other two can't figure it out.[/quote]I was hoping they adjusted the difficulity to fit the Wiimote controlls. If they did that I would bite on this, but if it is easier now, why fucking bother, lol. I will wait to see, but I was hoping for a ramped up diffculity for me to play through to make it worth it, lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I was hoping they adjusted the difficulity to fit the Wiimote controlls. If they did that I would bite on this, but if it is easier now, why fucking bother, lol. I will wait to see, but I was hoping for a ramped up diffculity for me to play through to make it worth it, lol.[/quote]

RE4 was the kinda game where you can make your own difficulty tho. I used to run around the Ganados village and try to kill everyone with only the knife. Or only grenades. Or one shot to the knee + knife or physical attack.

1. Did you see the video I posted with the guy playing and no control problems? Go watch it.

2. Most Wii control "problems" are user based

3. After watching said video (see no. 1), I don't see how the game can be too easy unless you are already an expert in the game in which case it doesn't matter.

All Capcom has to do is pull some ammo from the game and it's hard all over again, regardless of how well you can aim.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb5l4e-d-iA[/MEDIA]

Here's another video highlighting the controls.

That's what I worried about in an older post of mine.

Whether the Wii controls would make the game that much easier.
I was hoping they'd ramp up the difficulty to balance the quick aiming.

[quote name='seanr1221']Hmmmm, it does seem easier from that video.[/QUOTE]

Yea, why that guy wasn't going for headshots 100% of the time was kind of weird, unless he was doing it on purpose.

But that video makes it look like it'll be easier to just headshot everyone.

It's not wise to headshot everyone in RE4. Besides, I wonder if it would be good to keep your consoles in a fridge.

For those few of you paranoid about Wii aiming:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6596002&postcount=276
yes you can play the game without the remote~

you connect the GC Controller to the wii~~and turn off the remote[put sync button]

everything work same as GC version,still have Vibration,QTE is put button

but remote Control is more fun
biggrin.gif
Apparently it's not in the manual, sneaky bastards.

Very positive impressions over at NeoGAF so far, other than some finding it a bit easier.

Yep, preordering my copy at Buy.com now, no longer have any doubts.

If I don't like the aiming, or it makes it too easy, I'll just plug in the Wavebird.

Good to know they put in a backup.

Now I've got no regrets selling my PS2 / GC versions.

Regarding the Wii control scheme, Here is what EGM said about it in their newest issue:

Review 1: "But moving your character with the Nunchuck's analog stick doesn't aim, it only moves your field of view, with enemies often out of view unless you wave the Remote around, holding B while pressing A to shoot. Essentially, it's more complicated than it sounds, which saps some of the fun from it"

Review 2: "Though they suffer a bit when things get hectic, the Wii-mote controls generally serve RE4 well: Aiming weapons, swiping your knife, and shaking off face sucking nasties with real world moves add urgency to an already incredibly intense experience".

Review 3: "Unlike [Reviewer 2] Milky, I never complained about the newfangled gameplay. In fact, I actually found the Wii's point and shoot controls made gunning down Ganados a helluva lot easier than before - I breezed through some parts that originally pissed me off in the previous versions".

Reviewier 3 also said he was pissed that Capcom didn't add "anything new" in it.

I don't see the point of wanting GC controls for the Wii version. If you want GC controls so bad just get one of the many versions already out. The old controls only make the game harder (if true), because they are sluggish and less precise. That's a good thing?

[quote name='Scrubking']I don't see the point of wanting GC controls for the Wii version. If you want GC controls so bad just get one of the many versions already out. The old controls only make the game harder (if true), because they are sluggish and less precise. That's a good thing?[/quote]

Who the hell was calling the GC controls sluggish back when this game was turning heads?

I just don't want to game to be too easy because I can get headshots all the time without missing a beat.

Plus, it has the better graphics of the GC version, with the goodies of the PS2 version.
So wanting it is natural.

[quote name='Scrubking']I don't see the point of wanting GC controls for the Wii version. If you want GC controls so bad just get one of the many versions already out. The old controls only make the game harder (if true), because they are sluggish and less precise. That's a good thing?[/QUOTE]

If the Wii controls are more precise, then I'll use them. I want the Wii version regardless for the 480p, widescreen, PS2 extras, GC graphics, etc.

[quote name='Chacrana']If the Wii controls are more precise, then I'll use them. I want the Wii version regardless for the 480p, widescreen, PS2 extras, GC graphics, etc.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think of that. I guess I'll wait for a sale, though.

I put a preorder in for this today. Does anybody know if progressive scan/480p is included as well? If so, this will be a must own for me, along with the widescreen support and PS2 extras.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I put a preorder in for this today. Does anybody know if progressive scan/480p is included as well? If so, this will be a must own for me, along with the widescreen support and PS2 extras.[/quote]

Im not 100% on this, but I think the original GC version supported 480p, so I think this version should as well.

[quote name='Puffa469']Im not 100% on this, but I think the original GC version supported 480p, so I think this version should as well.[/quote]

for the original GC one: progressive scan, yes. widescreen, no

bread's done
Back