Resident Evil 5 -Gen. Discussion - Lost In Nightmares & Desperate Esacpe DLC Out Now!

I'm up to 5-2 in single player. I am hoping I can finish the game without having to ask someone to help me in coop. I am surprised at how much fun I am having playing it. I think my expectations were lowered quite a bit in the weeks before launch, mainly due to the overall tone of the reviews and things people had been saying online. I am really looking forward to playing coop at some point down the line, hopefully with some CAG's.

that 3rd level laser beam is starting to piss me off. I can get that ball in mouth to light up and then move it so it lights up the elevator, but in doing so I trap my self between the beams :O Sheva is just standing in her safe spot and doesn't help! let me guess I need another live person to move sheva to do something else>?

okay I'm a week behind on this but realistically my backlog is so large that I really don't *need* to buy RE5 right now, if at all so my question to you guys is.

It's about 11-15 hours long I've heard, so to me it seems like a rental or a buy and flip when done. Would you guys recommend buying it full price? why? if you're keeping the game, why are you keeping it? mercenaries mode?

I normally wouldn't be asking but during the February-March period, we had KZ2, SF4, Hawx (at least for me lol), Halo Wars, RE5 and Wheelman (which I'm planning to purchase). It's just too much to absorb in a small space of time, and then april-july for me will mostly be a drought other than the UFC game and FNR4 which are both day 1 in my eyes.

I've advertised on craigslist but unlike KZ2 a lot of people seem to plan on keeping RE5. Soo.. opinions?

[quote name='ITDEFX']that 3rd level laser beam is starting to piss me off. I can get that ball in mouth to light up and then move it so it lights up the elevator, but in doing so I trap my self between the beams :O Sheva is just standing in her safe spot and doesn't help! let me guess I need another live person to move sheva to do something else>?[/quote]

I'm not sure I recall that section but anytime one of those areas come up that require teamwork, it gives you the option to pull the lever (or whatever), or have your partner do it for you.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I never liked RE4 too much, but RE5 was a great game. RE4, to me personally, was super boring and overly difficult. RE5 was much more enjoyable. I think a lot of people put RE4 on some pedestal, and i dont mean you personally, but they tend to be nintendo fanboys.

When you're on a nintendo platform for most of the generations, games like RE4 seem insanely superior to anything in existence due to lack of any good games on the platforms as it is. When you've owned every system every gen, RE4 really isnt THAT special. IMO at least.[/quote]

You can recognize that a game is good without loving it yourself. RE4 is last gen's GTAIV (some people hate the gameplay, a lot didn't finish it, both were a little overrated, but everyone recognizes the quality).

[quote name='ITDEFX']that 3rd level laser beam is starting to piss me off. I can get that ball in mouth to light up and then move it so it lights up the elevator, but in doing so I trap my self between the beams :O Sheva is just standing in her safe spot and doesn't help! let me guess I need another live person to move sheva to do something else>?[/quote]

Move the mirror and untrap yourself. Then move another mirror so the beam is pointing safely at a wall. Move the mirror that had you trapped back to the correct position. Move the mirror that's pointing at the wall back to the correct position. And freedom!

[quote name='bs000']Move the mirror and untrap yourself. Then move another mirror so the beam is pointing safely at a wall. Move the mirror that had you trapped back to the correct position. Move the mirror that's pointing at the wall back to the correct position. And freedom![/quote]

Oh...that section...I completed that area very quickly, that I forgotten about it.

I finished it! What a fun game :D

Cause I did co-op without completely doing the level the game didn't give me all the achievements :whistle2:(

Does anyone want to help me with 5-1 and 6-3? My gamertag is Takamofo

Thanks guys...I got passed that mirror part.

Got tired of that blob guy which I had to burn him up, so I just rocket launched him. Now I am on the
Wesker/Jill fight.

Badass!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ITDEFX']Thanks guys...I got passed that mirror part.

Got tired of that blog guy which I had to burn him up, so I just rocket launched him. Now I am on the
Wesker/Jill fight.

Badass![/quote]

Spoilers? :whistle2:#

[quote name='bs000']Move the mirror and untrap yourself. Then move another mirror so the beam is pointing safely at a wall. Move the mirror that had you trapped back to the correct position. Move the mirror that's pointing at the wall back to the correct position. And freedom![/quote]

I'm with Linkin. I was trying to figure out what part that was since I didn't remember any laser. I just remember I was messing around during this section while my friend solved the puzzle. Great times.

Ok question about the infinite ammo, I am about 3,000 pts from getting unlimited ammo for the handcannon. Where is there and easy BSAA emblem to shoot in the start of the game and when I aquire the infinite ammo will it go into effect in my current game or the next game???

Im glad that I just finished the game

Just completed Professional with the AI. Gave Sheva the Handcannon with unlimited ammo and she would pick off guys a mile away with that thing.

I thought the game was awesome. Only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of characters in mercenaries. I thought I read that they are restarting the franchise with a new cast in Resident Evil 6, so I was hoping that the current cast of characters would make an appearance in mercenaries. I felt that was a really missed opportunity. I wanted to see those guys one last time and they could've thrown in some curveballs like Nemesis, Tofu, Sherry Birkin, or the Merchant.

To play as the Merchant would be bad-ass!!!
I hope he comes back in RE6 (Has the game already been proposed) along with the good old upgradable "case" Really missed that aspect of the game

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']To play as the Merchant would be bad-ass!!!
I hope he comes back in RE6 (Has the game already been proposed) along with the good old upgradable "case" Really missed that aspect of the game[/quote]

"What are ya buyin'? My foot up you're ass, eh? Ah, an excellent choice...strangah!"

[quote name='NTolerance']So how do you upgrade weapons? I'm on level 2-2 and I've yet to see an upgrade option in the menu. All I can do is buy new weapons/items.[/quote]

Go to Organize, click on a weapon. It will give you an option to either Remove, Sell or UPGRADE.

Upgrade is in bright orange colors.

[quote name='NTolerance']So how do you upgrade weapons? I'm on level 2-2 and I've yet to see an upgrade option in the menu. All I can do is buy new weapons/items.[/quote]

Select any weapon from your inventory and the upgrade option (highlighted in yellow) should show up near the bottom. So far the only non-upgradeable weapons I've come across (aside from explosives) are the Stun Baton, Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher.

EDIT - DAMN YOU CMART! ;( [/Angry Old Man Fist]

Does anybody know if the Bulletproof Vest takes up an inventory spot while wearing a melee vest? The level of damage protection the vests provide seem so minuscule I can't tell whether or not wearing another one would make for a wise decision.

Yea, the Bulletproof vest and melee vest both take up a slot. Yea. I don't notice a differences in wearing them either. A waste of 20k.

[quote name='Thongsy']Yea, the Bulletproof vest and melee vest both take up a slot. Yea. I don't notice a differences in wearing them either. A waste of 20k.[/quote]

I wear both all the time, I definitely noticed the difference...specially during the time you encounter
Wesker
. I sucks that you can't combine them into one. The description on the Bulletproof vest gives you the impression that you can.

...Holy mis-fucking-leading text description Batman!

How epic of a fail is that? Ugh. I'll just learn to make do in my second playthrough. Thanks guys.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wear both all the time, I definitely noticed the difference...specially during the time you encounter
Wesker
. I sucks that you can't combine them into one. The description on the Bulletproof vest gives you the impression that you can.[/quote]

It's probably more noticeable on harder difficulty levels, as I think they might actually half the damage taken. It's very obvious in the fight that you mentioned.

[quote name='cmart05']yo geist my bad about last night, I was mad tired fell asleep lol[/quote]

It's all good son. You know I never trip about that shit. Consider yourself a vital member of my "gamers who don't suffer from extreme cases of bitchassness" online XBox Live crew.

Hell... without you guys I wouldn't even bother playing half as much as I do now. Randoms are soulless instruments of destruction sent from depths of Hell to torment and annoy normal gamers such as ourselves. We have to stick together. ;(

sigh...I broke down and ordered it. I'll be playing it in 2 weeks. Anyone willing to playthrough it with me co-op? (And have a working headset?)

[quote name='blitz6speed']Resident Evil 6 is going to be a reboot of the series. They're going to start all over with a new story line and characters.[/quote]

and hopefully some zombies ..... huh huh yeah

[quote name='KingBroly']sigh...I broke down and ordered it. I'll be playing it in 2 weeks. Anyone willing to playthrough it with me co-op? (And have a working headset?)[/quote]

Sure. Just send me a FR and whenever your copy comes in we'll play. I'm usually on mid-afternoon and late nights (I'd say between 3:00pm - 3:00am Monday-Thurs & Sunday EST). It just depends on my mood and whether or not I'm covering for someone at work.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']
I never thought any sequence involving Jill Valentine's chest would be so miserable...
[/quote]

LOL! Well... in Capcom's defense there were so many different angles of her suitable figure vacuum packed in that tight Nina Williams Tekken-esque suit to choose from that I barely scrounged up enough interest to focus on Wesker's inane babbling. Let alone that stupid device. :D

[quote name='DreadMech']Please? :whistle2:( Would someone help me on co-op for 5-1 and 6-3?[/quote]

What difficulty?

YES! Just finished 5-3 on Professional.

Use the Gernade launcher with Flash rounds as a partner stands behind Jill, Then use a pistol and shot it off. Takes about a whole entire case of flash rounds to finish it

[quote name='Vulcan2422']What difficulty?[/quote]
It's my first time playing RE5 through (I never really played re4) so I'm playing on Amateur difficulty. I did co-op with some people but I got in their level midway for those two stages so I didn't actually "complete" the game...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Is it just me, or does Sheva start to get even dumber around 5-1?[/QUOTE]

Yes

---

Question about the 5-2 boss

After he exposes his "weak spot" should I drop the flamethrower and shoot the dude inside him, or keep using the flamethrower?

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes

---

Question about the 5-2 boss

After he exposes his "weak spot" should I drop the flamethrower and shoot the dude inside him, or keep using the flamethrower?
[/quote]

Keep burning it.

See the other two responses but you can also hit RB when over a weapon to jump to the upgrade menu.

Well my fried and I rented the game, got to the end of chapter 4 and we went to start another session and the game said he had no save data. Checked memory management, sure enough, no save file. Somehow got wiped out.

We tried playing from where we left off with him starting a new save file, got to 5-2, but it will never let him upgrade anything, won't give him achievements, end of chapter points, nor can he buy or upgrade anything now. He's pretty pissed and giving up, guess I am too. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Anyone else had save files randomly get toasted?

So here's a question. Could I potentially farm Chapter 1-1 over and over again until I have infinite ammo weapons? Or are there other requirements for such things?

[quote name='KingBroly']So here's a question. Could I potentially farm Chapter 1-1 over and over again until I have infinite ammo weapons? Or are there other requirements for such things?[/QUOTE]

No. There are several steps you need to take before you get infinite ammo:
1. Beat the game
2. Upgrade all specs to max
3. Buy the option from "Bonus Features" with the special points you get at the end of the chapter
4. Turn on infinite ammo when you play your session

So, I would say just play the game. There are easier spots to farm later in the game.

[quote name='KingBroly']Okay, here's a good question. Can I use infinite ammo on difficulty levels I haven't completed yet?[/QUOTE]

Very stupid question. Yes.

Question:
What's the deal with Chapter 3-1 after you assemble the seal? There seem to be an endless amount of bad guys to kill and I can bring down either of the two heavy hitters with the clubs or whatever they swing. There is a bridge to raise up but there's no way to do it until I kill everyone - should I just keep blasting them or am I missing something else?

[quote name='javeryh']Question:
What's the deal with Chapter 3-1 after you assemble the seal? There seem to be an endless amount of bad guys to kill and I can bring down either of the two heavy hitters with the clubs or whatever they swing. There is a bridge to raise up but there's no way to do it until I kill everyone - should I just keep blasting them or am I missing something else?
[/quote]

Get the magnum, and take down the big dudes.
Then take out everyone else.

bread's done
Back