Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition Collector's Guide now $19.79, was $17.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='argyle']*looks over at my Resident Evil Archives book*

It does look kinda lonely....[/QUOTE]

As you pick one up for you and Trollsmeesh. :)

[quote name='Layd Dly']Ive never had a problem ive ordered tons of Blu-Rays from them and ive got quite a few guides from them as well for under amazon costs, and they even have Free Shipping for orders over $25.[/quote]It's $18.86 from Tower.com. For the less than $1 difference, I'll give my money to Amazon.

I have this guide pre-ordered along with the game, but I'm cautious about Amazon's descriptions of limited edition guides. When I pre-ordered the LE Fable II guide a few months back, the description said the guide was leather-bound hardcover and when I got it, well......it definitely was not leather-bound nor hardcover.

Hopefully we'll have better luck this time around.

[quote name='gamegirl79']I have this guide pre-ordered along with the game, but I'm cautious about Amazon's descriptions of limited edition guides. When I pre-ordered the LE Fable II guide a few months back, the description said the guide was leather-bound hardcover and when I got it, well......it definitely was not leather-bound nor hardcover.

Hopefully we'll have better luck this time around.[/quote]I've never trusted Amazon's descriptions of the LE guides or any LE items, I always go back to the vendor for the "real" scoop on it.

I knew the Fable II LE guide wasn't leather-bound, as the Amazon description said it was and the Brady description said nothing about it.

RE5 link on the Prima site:
http://www.primagames.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780761561620

Says hardback, though nothing about leather, so I'm guessing it's not leather.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Why haven't the achievements for this been released? Usually they're leaked a month or couple of weeks ahead of time. RE5 comes out in 2 weeks! If there are some tough achievements or parts of the game, then I may bite. Until then, I'll wait.[/quote]

While it's not absolutely confirmed, the trophies list has been released and it's expected to pretty much be a copy of what those trophies are in terms of what the achieves will be.

My wifes going to kill me,just paid off all the credit cards. But honey it's only 20 bucks. Gotta love it. In for one.

Can someone give me an example of a "limited edition" strategy guide that is currently worth anything? Because as far as I'm aware ... I've never seen one ;-)

[quote name='etcrane']Can someone give me an example of a "limited edition" strategy guide that is currently worth anything? Because as far as I'm aware ... I've never seen one ;-)[/quote]

only one I can think of is the Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Guide.

[quote name='tenzor']only one I can think of is the Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Guide.[/QUOTE]

I just sold a new + mint one on ebay that went for $20 after it sat on amazon for $35 for weeks. It's not worth much.

a better example is the Fallout 3 collector's guide.

[quote name='joeboosauce']No idea what the fascination or need is for a game guide with all the sites...[/QUOTE]

Game Guides are pointless unless you're collecting for that game...

I love the RE games so I would willing spend a little coin to add to my collection of a game that has/will given/give so much fun. :)

Just kinda one of those things, I wouldn't buy a game guide for most games, but I am in love with RE. :)

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I'd buy this, but then the week after they would release bonus pages that are overpriced anyways.[/QUOTE]

And the cycle continues. :)

Once Again, if someone can PLEASE find some MORE pictures (Of Calendar, Exclusive content) that will convience me to get this guide I will get it! :)

I don't just buy something for the sake it says Limited Edition, it has to have GREAT contents inside, you know, rather than just a NAME.

It looks to be a Prima guide.

I don't know.

I have a lot of guides and by far and away the lowest quality and least desirable of them all are the Prima guides. Whether it's limited or hardcover doesn't matter if it lives up to the Prima guides I'm used to seeing.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Once Again, if someone can PLEASE find some MORE pictures (Of Calendar, Exclusive content) that will convience me to get this guide I will get it! :)

I don't just buy something for the sake it says Limited Edition, it has to have GREAT contents inside, you know, rather than just a NAME.[/quote]
Ummm then don't get it. No one has to convince you to buy it. Try google. If you still can't find it, oh well.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I LOVE to see the pictures and get it, but I wonder why NOBODY has put them up yet?

Strange![/quote]
Maybe it's not out yet?....

[quote name='SuperJedi']I LOVE to see the pictures and get it, but I wonder why NOBODY has put them up yet?

Strange![/quote]

Because the only pictures of it released will be the ones that Prima wants released.

Seriously dude, just get or don't get it. If you think it's worth it get it, if you don't think it's worth it cause you don't know what's inside then don't get it. Pretty simple.

Strange![/QUOTE]

strange indeed. when are people going to learn and just post the pictures just because you are too lazy to look for them yourself?

What's more strange is someone didn't even offer to buy you one for free. The fact that you had to ask three times for people to post pictures for you is totally unacceptable.

SO STRANGE!!!

[quote name='rayee6']strange indeed. when are people going to learn and just post the pictures just because you are too lazy to look for them yourself?

What's more strange is someone didn't even offer to buy you one for free. The fact that you had to ask three times for people to post pictures for you is totally unacceptable.

SO STRANGE!!![/quote]

lol

[quote name='joeboosauce']No idea what the fascination or need is for a game guide with all the sites...[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with that statement. There are many Web sites such as GameFAQs that have free and, many times, more in-depth guides available shortly after launch. However, guides for games from popular series (Resident Evil ect.) are mostly bought for that collection factor. People want anything and everything they can get for popular games, books included. They also want to get all the hidden items and secrets within the game, and the maps that guides provide usually eliminate the frustration factor.

I bought the Fallout 3 guide when the game came out simply because Amazon had that great deal on the Collector's Edition version and I wanted something I could read at work. It was the first guide I had bought in over five years, and I'm really glad I did. Mainly because the game is so huge that I will never be able to explore every nook and cranny on the map. The book then, to me at least, offers a glimpse to the things that a gamer on the run might never get to see.

Yeah, I like to read them whenever I get the free time. Even though you already know what to do, it's relaxing for me to read something about the game. Plus it's nice to read while on the shitter lol.

This is in my goldbox for $18.80 today. I think I'll bite...now to just find something to put me over $25 for free shipping.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's $18.86 from Tower.com. For the less than $1 difference, I'll give my money to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

that $1-2 difference on the 15 or so orders adds up.

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the 2 RE 5 Guides?

I know one is hardcover and one is softcover

But they both still identically cover ALL game secrets.

[quote name='klingon666']My wifes going to kill me,just paid off all the credit cards. But honey it's only 20 bucks. Gotta love it. In for one.[/quote]

Then treat yourself :D

I know people that would throw a week long party if they paid of their credit card debt

[quote name='paddlefoot']Then treat yourself :D

I know people that would throw a week long party if they paid of their credit card debt[/QUOTE]

Well then everyone is invited to my "no debt" party then lol! I paid off all of mine about 2 weeks ago...then I pre-ordered MLB 09, Halo Wars, and this thing...damnit, what happened? lol!

Also, for the people asking why gamers buy guides, it all depends on the gamer. Personally, I only buy guides to games that carry a long tradition with me, and therefore, I like the series. MGS4 is the only other guide I have bought since the launch of the new consoles. With work and school full time, I don't have time to go adventuring out into the world, so I want to know if I'm going to find something worthwhile or a dead end. It helps me to know where to go next and what I'm going to find. I don't ruin it for myself by reading ahead and I just stick to the main story line until I complete the game and can go back and explore a little.

Edit: Forgot to mention that those free guides are written by amateur gamers who usually don't know how to write. The "official" guide is written with experienced writers at the wheel and they know how to help you without telling you how to play your game.

Well, I personally buy guides more for the visuals. Like when I started playing Tomb Raider Legend, trying to find the artifacts, even with Gamefaq's help, was not fun. Got the guide, everything was much easier because they had pictures/maps/screenshots. Same thing goes for Metal Gear Solid 3 and the Kerotans. So mostly I get guides for games where I need to collect stuff.

Also, for anyone wondering, the guide is being handled by Piggyback, and only distributed by Prima. And from the Pb guides I have experience with, they tend to be pretty detailed and have a bunch of extras like concept art and interviews. Actually the Tomb Raider Legend guide I mentioned is from PB.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its now $17.99.[/quote]Updated OP with new price, and emailed Amazon.com to make sure they charge it at $17.99 when they ship it.

My guess is that is in response to Tower.com having it for cheaper when Amazon had it at $19.79.

I don't think you have to email amazon about the price, normally it would change to the lowest price within 24 hours of the price dropping on a preorder item.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Exactly, if they lowered the price, which means limited = more in stock.[/QUOTE]

Well, it says Piggyback is limiting the quantity to first day orders so that really doesn't mean anything for the price... especially since Amazon has sold other limited run guides for $20 (Fallout 3, MGS4).

[quote name='newlu']Just canceled my pre-order and place a new one.
Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]
You don't need to cancel your pre-order and place a new one. sigh...

I have to say, Prima guides seem really hit or miss. The MGSIV one was beautiful ... but I found the Fallout 3 one extremely disappointing from a quality standpoint, cheap paper and dull ink. Hopefully this one will be in the same vein as the MGS IV collector's edition.

bread's done
Back