Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition Collector's Guide now $19.79, was $17.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='snatcher33']As a FedEx employee I can tell you that we go crazy on the bell sometimes, because either people can't tell us we didn't ring it when we did or we want to make sure it works. I usually do a ring followed by a backup knock, just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

What branch express, ground, home delivery? I use to work for home delivery and it is pure slave labor, i would never do it again

Express gets all the perks, fedex claims ground and home delivery are not emplyees of fedex. i remember hanging out with the express guy that ran the same area in my route, he would go out there with 65 stops while i was out there with 130. I did home delivery for 3 months after many days of working 7am to 8pm i was out.

Is the Limited Edition Guide any better than the regular guide, other than having a calendar/hardcover/behind the scenes artwork?

[quote name='Larc']I beat the game but I feel like getting this now... it was an awesome game, but I feel like I missed a lot of stuff.[/quote]

Well, you could go to GameFAQs if you just want to find missed items or unlockables.

Amazon still has not shipped my copy. I preordered on March 5 figuring it'd ship a day or two before release. Oh well. x_x

You can add 9999 of these to your cart at amazon and they all go through. This is not limited at all. and yes, only the amount they have in stock will show up in your cart.

[quote name='WebScud']Amazon still has not shipped my copy. I preordered on March 5 figuring it'd ship a day or two before release. Oh well. x_x[/quote]

You should contact Amazon since I ordered it on the 13th and it shipped on the 15th.

Got it.

The Calendar is weak.

No pics of the Hotties. :(

I am gonna regret it, I think.

In future it will be 1 cent or less than $10

[quote name='ninja dog']You can add 9999 of these to your cart at amazon and they all go through. This is not limited at all. and yes, only the amount they have in stock will show up in your cart.[/QUOTE]

Yet ebayers are buying it for more than amazon charges. Go figure.

[quote name='Shady3011']Well, you could go to GameFAQs if you just want to find missed items or unlockables.[/quote]

So you're basically telling me I wasted my money? :( I always thought online websites just have full of ads in the way and doesn't share real secrets.

Check out my RE5 gameplay video that I played/recorded/edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7RFtET1jt8

Guide is damn awesome, it feels very well made and a worthy addition to a collection. I don't think the calendar is that cheap, but it's very small and the art on there is just enemy art and not any real significant RE characters, which sort of disappointed me.

[quote name='Larc']So you're basically telling me I wasted my money? :( I always thought online websites just have full of ads in the way and doesn't share real secrets.[/quote]

Most of us are buying this for the off chance it becomes valuable. I don't think many people nowadays buy guides for actual walkthroughs.

[quote name='Shady3011']Most of us are buying this for the off chance it becomes valuable. I don't think many people nowadays buy guides for actual walkthroughs.[/quote]

Well, I bought the RE4 guide and it was really helpful with the map layout and where the hidden stuff/guns were at. And same with Kingdom Hearts...

But so much for Kingdom Hearts 2 LE being LE because Amazon is still selling it, but the price hasn't changed for that at all.

I Just got my RE5 guide yesterday, but haven't open it yet. The guide is fairly thick and hefty. Nice owning my first hardcover guide.

Got mine in the mail today. I'm actually pretty happy with it for $17.99. A full-sized calendar would've been nice, but meh, at least it's not a mini calendar.

[quote name='Larc']Yeah, like the Unofficial Final Fantasy VII Guide by Versus Books. That's one of the best game guides ever... I used mine so much that it's wrinkled and the cover fell. I'm soo glad I bought that guide at Ralphs (they were actually called Hughs at the time) in the magazine section of the market.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to mine. I'm still on the fence about getting the re5 guide.

[quote name='Shady3011']Most of us are buying this for the off chance it becomes valuable. I don't think many people nowadays buy guides for actual walkthroughs.[/quote]I couldn't disagree with you more. Have fun waiting 10+ years for the guide to raise in value. I would compare this guide to the MGS4 LE guide which was also a hardcover guide also made by PiggyBack games. The MGS4 LE guide is not worth much even after almost a year of being released and sold out. I guess I'm one of the few that actually bought this guide as a walkthrough. RE5 is one of those games that I will be playing multiple times. The guide is perfect for someone like me.

[quote name='Popnmusic']Same thing happened to mine. I'm still on the fence about getting the re5 guide.[/quote]

Get it if you're going to use it. I beat the game but the book is nice. I'll be playing it again and get all the items.

I love the smell of a brand new book. :) I'm going to be really careful reading through this book.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I couldn't disagree with you more. Have fun waiting 10+ years for the guide to raise in value. I would compare this guide to the MGS4 LE guide which was also a hardcover guide also made by PiggyBack games. The MGS4 LE guide is not worth much even after almost a year of being released and sold out. I guess I'm one of the few that actually bought this guide as a walkthrough. RE5 is one of those games that I will be playing multiple times. The guide is perfect for someone like me.[/quote]

Like I said, not most do that anymore. I guess I can visualize most layouts from reading most FAQs. I do concede that a good majority of them are poorly written.

There are some exceptional FAQ writers out there that are fantastic resources, oftentimes much better than the actual official guide. When I buy guides, it's generally not for the data contained within. Sometimes having a visual representation is a little nicer... but mostly I buy them for the art, pictures, details, and collectibility.

I'm using my guide for the emblems and occasional glance to make sure I find all treasures. I find it much more useful than having my laptop next to me or having to run to the next room to look at my desktop. Also, I find the guide much more readable and understandable than most online FAQs/Guides/Videos and I appreciate the high production value of this guide and the pictures. I also have the MGS4 LE guide and I think Piggyback is the new gold standard for gaming guides and don't at all mind supporting them.

[quote name='woodcan']I'm using my guide for the emblems and occasional glance to make sure I find all treasures. I find it much more useful than having my laptop next to me or having to run to the next room to look at my desktop. Also, I find the guide much more readable and understandable than most online FAQs/Guides/Videos and I appreciate the high production value of this guide and the pictures. I also have the MGS4 LE guide and I think Piggyback is the new gold standard for gaming guides and don't at all mind supporting them.[/quote]

I agree. I'm very much enjoying Piggyback guides right now. Piggyback and Doublejump are the prettier, more useful guides in my collection right now.

bread's done
Back