Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition Collector's Guide now $19.79, was $17.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='Vinny']Mine hasn't shipped yet but I'm no rush... hopefully this is actually worth the money because Collectors Edition of the game sure doesn't sound like it will be.[/QUOTE]

For one thing they are saying this actually will be limited. but they said the same thing about SFIV collector's editions...

They shipped two of my orders by 2nd day air which will be here today. Then my other package will arrive Friday by ground. Wonder why they shipped two different methods? Just made me wonder.

[quote name='Captain Freeze']i got the shipping notification for my xbox, but not my guide....
oh well. stoked enough on the box.[/quote]
Same here:roll:

I canceled mine. To low on money plus HP just cut all us employees pay 5% :(. I have a love/hate relationship with this place it keeps emptying my pocket book.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I canceled mine. To low on money ...[/QUOTE]

Same here couldnt justify keeping it after i just got the game

Mine just came...

RE01.jpg

RE02.jpg

[quote name='SSJGodzilla']Can you take a picture of the calendar?[/QUOTE]

Here you go, it looks much better in person! The quality of the guide is 10/10. It's like the Metal Gear 4 Collector's Guide if you guys got it.

RE03.jpg

RE04.jpg

RE05.jpg

[quote name='Megalith']Just flipped through the guide.

This is probably the worst RE game ever made.[/quote]

I don't know. Gun Survivor was pretty horrible.

Guide looks real good, glad I ordered.

I was hoping the calendar would be based on all of the RE games but oh well, it's not terrible.

mine shipped this morning and arrived this evening!

now i gotta hope i get to TRU early enough tomorrow to get the actual game

Bought one at BB today, but I think this is one of the few LE guides that's simply over priced. The calendar is tiny, and smells like it was printed with really cheap bottom of the barrel quality ink. The quality of the pages is decent, but I've seen better, and the guide itself (layout, etc.) is just okay.

On a different note, the local BB store is having a 50% off on certain guides (not all). They had GTA 4, Saints Row 2, Mario Kart Wii, Fable 2 Regular Edition, and a few others. They still came up full priced, but were being manually updated to 50% off. This is YMMV, since the system was not updated.

I saw one of these at my GS while I was scouting out games for the B2G1F sale and I gotta say that I'm glad I only paid $18 for it. It just seems like any regular guide except with a hardcover.

I hope it sells out and gets rare fast. Somehow I doubt the whole "only one printing!" thing. It was probably a printing of 30,000 and they'll rot on shelves.

[quote name='octopus']mine shipped this morning and arrived this evening!

now i gotta hope i get to TRU early enough tomorrow to get the actual game
pixel.gif

[/quote]

My RE5 Limited Edition console(s) shipped today! wooohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomtime']Do you guys still think the guide is worth it?[/quote]

Not for $29.99, and definitely not if you're looking at it from purely a Collector's item. I don't think they'll be as rare as Prima is claiming, and the quality of the guide does not warrant the high price tag.

That said, if you already have all the other RE guides, and must have the Collector's edition pick it up at a discount. Buy from Amazon or BB (on sale for $22.50 temporarily).

The only reason I picked it up is 'cause there were 2 Fable 2 LE guides sitting there (they were not there last month) to offset my purchase...:lol:

Well, I got me LE guide.THe guide is fine and what I expected, but the 12 month calendar could've been better. Its just mostly the enemies for each month and not the beautiful character renders I'd rather have. And yea, its pretty small. Primas Resident Evil calendar was better than this.

Lol at that calendar, that's pitiful. I didn't buy it for the calendar so I guess that's not a problem but it's still funny.

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']Here's a comparison of the Resident Evil Prima calender and the Resident Evil 5 LE calender:

calenders3.jpg

calenders2.jpg

calenders1.jpg
[/quote]

did the prima calendar come with a guide too or was it sold separately, if it wasn't with a guide you can't exactly compare a calendar that came with a guide to one that was sold separately.

It seems most people are buying it in hopes it will become rare, but I've never heard of a videogame guide being worth much...

I may be wrong, though.

[quote name='adoraz']It seems most people are buying it in hopes it will become rare, but I've never heard of a videogame guide being worth much...

I may be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

They're not usually worth much right off the bat, but there are plenty of guides that go for even more than the games themselves.

[quote name='ninja dog']They're not usually worth much right off the bat, but there are plenty of guides that go for even more than the games themselves.[/quote]

Yeah, like the Unofficial Final Fantasy VII Guide by Versus Books. That's one of the best game guides ever... I used mine so much that it's wrinkled and the cover fell. I'm soo glad I bought that guide at Ralphs (they were actually called Hughs at the time) in the magazine section of the market.

Some guides go for a ton of money, so it wouldn't shock me if you'll be able to sell this and break even or make a little profit off of this in a year or so. All in all getting this guide won't be anything of a waste of money, because the people that bought this knew what they were getting into.

I spent 20 on the MGS4 LE guide and it was worth every cent, it's an amazing book and the lithograph it came with is really awesome. I'm hoping this guide is just as cool, but even if it's not -- 18 dollars for it is not too big of a hit.

Yeah but how many guides actually end up this rare? You should buy the guide to enjoy it.
The only recent guides I remember that shot up are Lego Star Wars and Animal Crossing.

[quote name='crewj']lol.

i got this w/ prime shipping yesterday. the courier was really crazy with our doorbell.[/QUOTE]

As a FedEx employee I can tell you that we go crazy on the bell sometimes, because either people can't tell us we didn't ring it when we did or we want to make sure it works. I usually do a ring followed by a backup knock, just to be safe.

[quote name='snatcher33']As a FedEx employee I can tell you that we go crazy on the bell sometimes, because either people can't tell us we didn't ring it when we did or we want to make sure it works. I usually do a ring followed by a backup knock, just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever do what Ace Ventura does in the beginning of Pet Detective? :) LOL

Let's see if it will hold true for 1st day orders.

I swear, If I see this guide for 1 cent- Under $15 at GS/BB/etc in the Future... :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='SuperJedi']Let's see if it will hold true for 1st day orders.

I swear, If I see this guide for 1 cent- Under $15 at GS/BB/etc in the Future... :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]I don't think stores will have them stocked for very long, however I don't think these will rise in value either.

bread's done
Back