Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition Collector's Guide now $19.79, was $17.99 @ Amazon

18 is good for me, thanks OP. Picked up this and the new MythBusters Collection set to help for FSSS.

[quote name='etcrane']I have to say, Prima guides seem really hit or miss. The MGSIV one was beautiful ... but I found the Fallout 3 one extremely disappointing from a quality standpoint, cheap paper and dull ink. Hopefully this one will be in the same vein as the MGS IV collector's edition.[/quote]This guide will be a quality one because that Piggyback is making it - the same group that made the MGS 4 guide. Piggyback did not make the Fallout 3 guide which is why it was crap. :) I would definitely expect this guide to follow the high caliber of the MGS 4 guide.

Those fuckers still haven't price-adjusted my pre-order. When did this price-drop take effect? They've screwed me like this once before so e-mail going out.

[quote name='blueweltall']I don't think you have to email amazon about the price, normally it would change to the lowest price within 24 hours of the price dropping on a preorder item.[/quote]It normally happens in the 24 hour timeframe, though I didn't want to take a chance, as sometimes, their prices do go down and up again and they get "missed". I also printed the page to PDF, just in case, though as they changed my order already, I'm good on that front.

[quote name='woodcan']Those fuckers still haven't price-adjusted my pre-order. When did this price-drop take effect? They've screwed me like this once before so e-mail going out.[/quote]It happened some time last night, though when they emailed me back from my email, it was within a few hours.

Mine hasn't self price adjusted neither. Part of my order (filler item) is shipping now, and I hope it doesn't screw up the Pre-order Price Guarantee.

[quote name='eau']Mine hasn't self price adjusted neither. Part of my order (filler item) is shipping now, and I hope it doesn't screw up the Pre-order Price Guarantee.[/quote]It won't, as the Pre-order Price Guarantee is for the item being pre-ordered, not the filler item.

You should be good, though if it doesn't change in a day or so, shoot them an email and ask them to change it.

I just called into Amazon Customer Service and had my pre-order price manually dropped from $19.79 down to the current $17.99.

I didn't want to take any chances and trust Amazon with doing it for me just in case since as another poster noted, their prices bounce around alot and with my luck, I would miss out.

Cool! I had this in my Goldbox a while back so I put in a preorder. The Goldbox discount carried over to the new price, so I'm getting it for $17.09 shipped :)

Just remember that even if your pre-order price doesn't get adjusted before it ships, you will still get charged the lowest amount the item was priced at when it does ship.

[quote name='eau']Mine hasn't self price adjusted neither. Part of my order (filler item) is shipping now, and I hope it doesn't screw up the Pre-order Price Guarantee.[/quote]
finally price adjusted.

my price was adjusted as well.

this further proves my statement that...

"amazon will one day rule the world."

that is all. :)

I cancelled and then looked to see mine had auto adjusted too. Reordered with the The Club. CAG is becoming the only website worth my time these days.

Been debating on whether I should get the RE5 Collectors Edition, so might use that plus the guide to get free shipping since I really don't feel like dealing with Gamestop anymore. Don't know if it's going to be as rare as the SFIV CE, so I'm not sure. I like the bag and the steelbook, but I'm thinking if those are worth paying the extra money for the game. Anyone got any thoughts?

Awesome. This'll also be used for going to the toilet. Ive been needing to bring something new in there, damnit! My gf has had that RE:UC calendar and it just ended last month. So, this is even a better deal since a calendar is included!

I never get guides anymore..I used to though. : )

The guide looks excellent though just to read.

[quote name='SolidMGSnake']Awesome. This'll also be used for going to the toilet. Ive been needing to bring something new in there, damnit![/quote]That's what your DS/ PSP is for. :)

I actually ordered it back at $17.99!

I actually pre-ordered another item I want so I can Cancel anytime if I feel it isn't worth it.

I heard someone say this guide's Calendar is really cool!

Can't wait to see what it looks like!!!

Just received my shipping notification for the guide, which was a surprise, since they had the arrival date as the 17th.

I'll have it in my hands on Friday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Just received my shipping notification for the guide, which was a surprise, since they had the arrival date as the 17th.

I'll have it in my hands on Friday.[/quote]
Whaaaaaa :cry:

Edit: I still have an estimate delivery date of March 17, 2009. :/

I'm still waiting for my shipping notification. The guide still has the "View or Change Order" button next to it meaning that it hasn't even entered the shipping process yet.

Haven't received shipping notification for mine yet, but my order status shows it as being prepared for shipment, so looks like it will go out today. :)

Aw, my amazon order is still "shipping soon". Maybe it will go out by the end of today, I hope. It looks good. Internetz make guides a lot less inticing than the ole days, but this one looks to have some good maps and other things that are harder to effectively represent in a gamefaqs-type format.

Edit: Cool, my order did go out today. Won't get it until next week, but I'm glad it made it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would much rather have ordered from amazon but will use some free BB GCs to buy this at $22.99 or whatever it will be on Friday.

Good to hear some people are getting their early and that amazon uses UPS vs USPS.

They use UPS for Prime, which I believe many CAGs have. For me with FSSS, they will use USPS, which is 3-5 business days.

[quote name='suko_32']They actually used Fedex for my 2-Day shipping.
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Fed - Ex for me too.... but not 2 day shipping. Shame.

[quote name='gunm']They use UPS for Prime, which I believe many CAGs have. For me with FSSS, they will use USPS, which is 3-5 business days.[/quote]They use UPS for any standard/2-day/1-day shipping, which obviously would be anything with Prime.

They also use UPS for FSSS when it's something that wouldn't work via Media Mail, such as a Tivo, game console, or the like.

Anything that is media mail-shippable, such as books, movies, games, CD's, etc., that goes media mail for FSSS.

I've heard some people talk about FedEx being used for shipments recently, though I'm curious if that's for just one warehouse, or just in random cases. Everything they've sent me, save a TV purchase, is UPS or USPS.

what a crock of shit.

i got FSSS on it but for whatever reason, amazon is charging me standard price without the option to change it. had to re-order at 19.79... but i got to use prime.

whatever.

Mine hasn't shipped yet but I'm no rush... hopefully this is actually worth the money because Collectors Edition of the game sure doesn't sound like it will be.

bread's done
Back