Resident Evil 5 - Out Now - 2/17: Lost in Nightmares DLC arriving on 2/18 for $4.99

Best in terms of rate of fire with enough firepower, but just for raw power it would be the M500. The drawback of that gun is the time it takes to fire another shot; if you miss it leaves you wide open for about 2 seconds, and in pro that can mean more game over screens.

I also had the infinite ammo for the PSG-1 rifle, it helps to take out enemies from a distance with semi-auto fire and no recoil, so you might want to stick that in your inventory.

I also kept the melee/bulletproof vests because despite what others say, it saved my butt time and time again, although there are certain attacks that pretty much render them useless.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'm thinking of grabbing it today; anyone wanna run through co-op with me later tonight?[/quote]

I can play for a bit.

I'll play tomorrow. I'm at school all day so won't be home for a few more hours. What difficulty do you plan on playing it on?

finally got my copy , yes im a damn hypocrite sue me, and only 10 minutes into it this bitch is killing me. id hate to sound sexist but she seriously needs to stay 5 to 8 paces behind because every time i go foward to check something out or look at something shes either up in my ass or blocking my way. if this is how she acts through the whole damn thing im gonna have to play it co-op because this is just frustrating as hell. ill try again later.

boston - if you see me, ill be happy to join you. and ill use the bare basics so it'll be truer experience for you. think of me as a better sheva.... lol.

I must say, that I am officially tired of this game. I beat it last week on Normal with a friend, than on Tuesday I went through and played it a second time on Normal to get an "S" Ranking on every level. Than, for whatever reason I decided that it would be a good idea to play and beat the game on Veteran on the dame day. After that, I hooked up with a friend and we did the first level on Proffesional. Yesterday we got half way through on Proffesional and finished it off today. My friend got the Veteran Trophy to stack for playing it on Professional with me. Got the Platinum and all I need to do is have my wife beat the last three chapters on Amateur and hopefully it will say the game is 100% complete in records... Now I have to go back to the 360 version and do it all over again with other friends.....I have no life....

After getting the plat, I'm contemplating trading this in while the TIV is still high + tier promo.

I'm still disappointed that this game is so damn short...Merc is mode is nice and all, but come on...

It didn't seem that short to me, but I do wish it was longer. KZ2 was short in comparison to how long it seem RE5 was. Maybe it was co-op that made it seem longer.

I'm in the same boat about trading it, I kinda want to keep it a bit longer but the value is still relatively high and it'll only go down in the future. Not sure how much more of it I will play.

[quote name='Davestation']I must say, that I am officially tired of this game. I beat it last week on Normal with a friend, than on Tuesday I went through and played it a second time on Normal to get an "S" Ranking on every level. Than, for whatever reason I decided that it would be a good idea to play and beat the game on Veteran on the dame day. After that, I hooked up with a friend and we did the first level on Proffesional. Yesterday we got half way through on Proffesional and finished it off today. My friend got the Veteran Trophy to stack for playing it on Professional with me. Got the Platinum and all I need to do is have my wife beat the last three chapters on Amateur and hopefully it will say the game is 100% complete in records... Now I have to go back to the 360 version and do it all over again with other friends.....I have no life....[/QUOTE]

use stock guns on each new playthrough if you want a challenge. im almost through veteran. and this is my first play through. and yeah it was pretty tough at times. the game is almost too easy with upgraded weapons/unlimited amno.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']After getting the plat, I'm contemplating trading this in while the TIV is still high + tier promo.

I'm still disappointed that this game is so damn short...Merc is mode is nice and all, but come on...[/QUOTE]

and is it me. but i seem to remember re4 was a lot longer.

Overall this was a fun game but had its issues. Inventory management can be counter intuitive (why can't I pick up a herb from the ground and immediately use it if my inventory is full?) and Sheva isn't always the best but she holds her own (at least in normal). I think the best use of her on normal is dedicating a weapon or 2 to her and passing her all the ammo for said weapons. You can stretch ammo supplies a bit thin sometimes if you try and share ammo between Chris and Sheva since she sure likes using ammo. She'll also automatically pass you any ammo she finds for the weapons you're using. I also gave her most of your healing items since it's usually more convenient for her to heal me when health goes down rather than me stop shooting and rummage through inventory to find the healing item.

I think I'd go as far as to say I liked this game better than RE4. I give the edge to RE4 for a little easier system for inventory management with buying bigger storage cases and perhaps a wider array of enemy types. RE4 is certainly the longer game but that wasn't a big plus for me. I got so bored of the castle segment I took a 2 month break from the game. I loved the pacing for RE5. Never got boring to me and had just the right length of gameplay for me. It was also great to be able to buy and upgrade weapons after I died.

Now onto trying to get A ranks on the Mercs levels. Tried it 5 times and got nowhere near the A cutoff. Didn't realize how challenging it would be but it gives me some more replay value for the game so I don't mind.

I've discovered why they have the "No Infinite Weapon" option when playing. It's because it's freaking boring to play with someone with infinite rockets/sawed off shotgun deal, especially just on Normal difficulty.

[quote name='V878']Overall this was a fun game but had its issues. Inventory management can be counter intuitive (why can't I pick up a herb from the ground and immediately use it if my inventory is full?) and Sheva isn't always the best but she holds her own (at least in normal). I think the best use of her on normal is dedicating a weapon or 2 to her and passing her all the ammo for said weapons. You can stretch ammo supplies a bit thin sometimes if you try and share ammo between Chris and Sheva since she sure likes using ammo. She'll also automatically pass you any ammo she finds for the weapons you're using. I also gave her most of your healing items since it's usually more convenient for her to heal me when health goes down rather than me stop shooting and rummage through inventory to find the healing item. [/quote]

I gave her the pistol, the rifle, some grenades, and any healing items. When I want her to wreck shop with the rifle I put her in "Attack" mode and she goes full on beast with it.

[quote name='enufs8d']and is it me. but i seem to remember re4 was a lot longer.[/quote]
Yea RE4 was a lot longer, plus it took place mostly (if not entirely) at night, which helped set the mood. For some reason the RE4 enemies seemed a lot crazier looking than the ones in RE5 also :/

[quote name='dragonjud']Anybody know what was addressed in the update (1.02) to the game?[/QUOTE]

I think they patched the RE5 trophy list to include the upcoming DLC.

[quote name='lokizz']question
do you get anything for killing at the crocs?
[/quote]
I don't think so. I've killed a good amount and haven't found anything

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
I don't think so. I've killed a good amount and haven't found anything
[/quote]

damn that sucks i died all those times for nothing .

[quote name='Ecofreak']I think they patched the RE5 trophy list to include the upcoming DLC.[/quote]

That doesn't screw up my chances of getting a Platinum if I don't buy the DLC right? I forgot how that works out.

This game is dang awesome. Just played for like two hours straight online co op with some other guy. He didn't use his mic, which worked better for me as the first time I hosted a room some british guy came in and gave his apparently very young son/brother the microphone and the kid wouldn't shut up.

this game is ok so far. i just dont see anything next gen about it. its like re4 with a mod patch or something. no really scary moments either.

Damn, just finished 5-3. That chapter shouldn't have left the planning stages if Capcom was serious about claiming this was a real single player game. Without a competent partner that stage is pure frustration.

Why the fuck is Sheva going after Jill when she's clearly telling me to hide during the first portion of the fight??? Then, she kept shooting Jill in the second portion of the fight, and almost killed her. Took forever to complete that section thanks to stupid AI.

I spent about 12 hours last night beating the game with a complete stranger on PSN. It was amazing, although I kinda wish I didn't beat it all in one night.

The Wesker fight was a bitch for us. We didn't have any ammo, and we didn't know about the QTE at the end. Such BS that fight is.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I spent about 12 hours last night beating the game with a complete stranger on PSN. It was amazing, although I kinda wish I didn't beat it all in one night.

The Wesker fight was a bitch for us. We didn't have any ammo, and we didn't know about the QTE at the end. Such BS that fight is.
[/QUOTE]

You're nuts. But glad you had a blast!

[quote name='lokizz']once upgraded what are the strongest weapons in the game?[/QUOTE]

S&W 500 has a 5,000 damage after fully upgraded. The Long Bow is pretty much 1 hit kills on most any enemy, some take a couple though.

good to know. im on the final boss now figure ill go through and get the best weapons and juice them up next go.nd with that im done took me 3 days on normal. i have to say aside from
the new weapons that i like the only major good thing about this game is you can carry over everyting you earned to a new game difficulty level which is something thats been lacking in these kinds of games ( like Deadspace). that alone will probably get alot of people to play over and over again. gonna kick some undead ass on veteran later with my new weapons. that one machine gun is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have Professional? I need to play a level on it so I can unlock the difficulty. I don't feel like playing through Veteran to unlock it. Anyone wanna help me out?

Can anyone give me some Rotten Eggs tonight? I had 2 in my inventory, and used them so my friend and I could get the trophy. I wasn't thinking about it and i saved.. boo.

I'm sure one of you CAGs has a billion eggs they can glitch me.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Sorry wotcher, but time warner fucked up my internet cocnnection so I couldn't play :/ :(. I'll be up for a game Saturday though.[/QUOTE]

you're contagious. my internet has been down since friday. it still is. =(.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Anyone wanna play through Veteran with me tonight? :D[/QUOTE]

professional is pretty tough. everyone including the lowly mani's have one hit kills. plus the resurrection time is less than 5 seconds. so if you're partner is not even close to you, you're dead. i suspect most people playing on pro are using the maxed out guns with unlimited amno. i kept writing that for people want a challenge should use stock guns on pro. now that i tried it out... its fucking hard... or you need a good partner. my guns aren't even close to being maxed out.

what do to now?

Last edited by a moderator:
boston - if you beat pro coop, then you earn the professional medal and everything else below it (veteran, etc). ... Hint hint. lol.

mercenaries is fun. i got all As except one S. probably get around to get all S's.

so do you guys find safari chris more pimpin than clubbin' sheva?

I'd be up for doing a run-through on Pro if anyone is interested over the next few days. Probably can't do it this weekend, though -- so let me know when you're free! Any level(s) is fine, btw. Doesn't necessarily have to be a full run.

I've got a maxed out Maginum w/ infinite ammo & infinite rocket launcher. I can't imagine doing some of the later levels with computer AI....

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Phoenix i'd be up for it :D I have a maxed out shotgun with infinite ammo, but I have to rebuy it I think.[/QUOTE]

So you maxed out your shotgun but sold it? That doesn't even make any sense...

Do you have Pro mode unlocked, though? I don't have it unlocked yet, and would rather channel my energy to skipping Veteran difficulty altogether.

I don't have it unlocked :(.

And I had to sell it because:

On my first run through, the 12 hour one, we didn't know there was a QTE to kill Wesker at the end, so we had to sell all our stuff to "exploit" the game to give us ammo for our guns :/. My upgraded shotgun was worth like $17,000

That still doesn't make much sense. Well I actually upgraded the MP5, Handcannon and got unlimited ammo for them and than sold them since I wanted to upgrade something else and didn't feel I would continue to use those guns at all.

This was my first playthrough and i sold the gun that got me the ability to unlock the unlimited ammo; I dunno if it's in my inventory now or not because I haven't played since I unlocked it but ill see.

bread's done
Back