Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

[quote name='deadgopher']No.... at this point in development all that's left is bug fixes and network stability checks. Please show me a public beta released by a major studio that has changed how the game fundamentally displays it's visuals. I've been in these public betas:

Killzone
Monster Hunter
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
SOCOM 3
SOCOM Confrontation
LittleBigPlanet
Halo 3

There are others I am sure I'm forgetting... but the big one is that I worked for the QA department on Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow / Combat Ops for about a year.

Shit like this doesn't change one month prior to the release date. Every single game that I've played in public beta form has NEVER changed more than some stability and multiplayer bug fixes. Graphics engines just don't double in capacity *overnight* like you're suggesting they do.[/quote]

The point is that the beta may not be fully representative of how the final game's graphics will be. There are arguments on both sides to be made but there's no way to really know until the 4th, so really we'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='smiggity']I gave an additional one of mine away Frisky and after that I could not play my original one. Just a warning[/quote]
What are you talking about? I've given away two codes and nothing's happened.

I'd have rather your friends post here so I know that they're real CAGs.

Looks like there's an update for the beta, though maybe I just missed the talk about it from earlier.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What are you talking about? I've given away two codes and nothing's happened.

I'd have rather your friends post here so I know that they're real CAGs.

Looks like there's an update for the beta, though maybe I just missed the talk about it from earlier.[/quote]
The CAG I'm referring to is TheMoor, he was asking about it yesterday, but I have yet to reach him today.

He's in my friends list if you wanna take a gander

does anyone else know what these error messages (00170007 00150DB1 003A0001) mean? I keep getting them and sometimes it wont let me play online(at all) or it will boot me off . what gives my wifi signal strength is 100% .

I just tried to join now and it seems no co-op or competitive games are going on.. Are the servers down??

I just got an email saying that the R2 beta is ending OCT 30th at midnight. I haven't used my code and won't have time to in that timeframe. Anyone want it? First PM gets it. Gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Co-op is fun, but competitive isn't.

I'm really glad that they support having two players on one console online though. Depending on how much my friend and I play this game today, I might actually end up buying it.

Im pissed, I bought the qore episode 3 just for the R2 beta, and its still not avail., I will buy this game used when its $25 or lower, being lied to, just another sony thing.

I just realized I got a code and it's not getting used (no time between FC2, Fallout 3, LBP, and SR2); PM me for it. The first CAG vet before 5:00 CST gets it; if no vet has requested at that time the first request gets it it has been taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
The review already told me what I knew. Resistance 2 is gonna kick all kinds of ass. I can't wait to play it online though. I used to be pretty good on Resistance 1.

Playing right now, find me to join up (not sure how it works, but we'll figure it out).

Was kicking all sorts of ass with a group of people and I was racking up tons of medic xp when my cable modem decided to power off (happens alot) and I got kicked. Would have been pretty damn far in the logging level.. guess I'll try my luck again with other groups.

[quote name='QiG']Playing right now, find me to join up (not sure how it works, but we'll figure it out).

Was kicking all sorts of ass with a group of people and I was racking up tons of medic xp when my cable modem decided to power off (happens alot) and I got kicked. Would have been pretty damn far in the logging level.. guess I'll try my luck again with other groups.[/quote]

Give me a few minutes Qig... I got a group of at least 3 joining me online. Will be on soon.

I just played another round of co-op, didn't see any of you to join, but it appears that they toned down the medic healing ability, which I think is what was needed. I think the range on the phoenix may be a bit short as well, but I'm not really sure.

Then again, it may just be that as I go up in level they make it harder

[quote name='Costa']Im pissed, I bought the qore episode 3 just for the R2 beta, and its still not avail., I will buy this game used when its $25 or lower, being lied to, just another sony thing.[/quote]
Did you follow the advice Mana gave you the other day, since he seems to know a bit about that issue, to hopefully fix it?

Good co-oping tonight guys. Sorry I was late to the party but I was with a group of 6 or 7 and it seemed like the level went on for about 45 minutes before it ended and I could join.

I'm really liking the medic class as I really shine with support type roles and now I'm torn over whether to pick this up in-store or wait for it to appear on the sonyrewards site.

So I'd like to see which mode you guys will be focusing in on more. That way I can decide on which type of multiplayer I spend the most time building up my stats to begin with.

If most of you are only going to play co-op then I guess I'll dive into that for a while. Though I REALLY would like to hook up to play the other mode and see if we can get a good squad to play skirmishes and the like.

So... Right out of the box which mode, Co-op or Competitive, do you think you'll be playing the most?

This will be the third ps3 game I buy.
Metal Gear came with my system and I bought GTA4 and Wipeout HD.
As long as this game is half as good as those games I am in for a treat.
One interesting thing is the last 1st person shooters I owned and played were doom 2 and the last EA bond on the the 64. I never like dual analog controls but have been getting a lot better. So I am probably going to get owned early, but I plan on playing this one a lot since the next game I buy wont be for awhile and will probably be resident evil 5 or ninja gaiden sigma.

[quote name='NamPaehc'] So... Right out of the box which mode, Co-op or Competitive, do you think you'll be playing the most?[/quote]

After playing the beta, I am 100% sure that I will be playing the Co-op for a very, very long time.

I'll definitely be playing co-op first and complete that 100% before I start diving into competitive. You can only go so far against CPU's ;)

Co-op for sure. Competitive will come second. Whenever I get this, it might wipeout my Warhawk itches (why no bots in warhawk?)

Competitive all the way. Resistance, other than the first MGO, was really the only online shooter I played pretty hardcore, so I'm definitely looking forward to jumping back into that.

[quote name='Mr. 420']This will be the third ps3 game I buy.
Metal Gear came with my system and I bought GTA4 and Wipeout HD.
[/quote]

That's one hell of a library, man. :applause:

Beta has been extended till Monday

[quote name='EGMBryan']In order to continue working on the stability of our servers in advance of Resistance 2's North American launch, we've decided to extend the beta period from today to Monday, November 3. The North American beta servers will go down at 8:00 p.m. PST on that day. So enjoy a few extra rounds of R2 co-op and competitive multiplayer over the weekend before the game hits retail shelves next Tuesday.[/quote]Link

Damn, I already deleted the beta and I don't want to redownload it again. I'll just wait for the full game now. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Thongsy']Damn, I already deleted the beta and I don't want to redownload it again. I'll just wait for the full game now. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

fuck, I did the same thing! Oh well, at least I'll keep busy with LBP for the weekend.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Worse than Wii Music.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171026&p=37[/QUOTE]

lol, we all know 1up/EGM and Gamespot are biased towards the PS3. Watch Gears will get an A+. I haven't played R2 yet but I heard people say this douche probably played about 30mins only since he can't even get the names of the gun right. Also he said there is no motion blur but there is, just that he didn't unlock it because he barely played the damn game.

Reviews this generation suck ass. Everyone is either biased or money-hatted. BTW anyone know if any stores actually selling this game early?

If I'm lucky I might get my copy tomorrow since Amazon shipped it off a couple of days ago. Doubt it though, it should arrive by Tuesday though unless the Post Office decides to be slow.

[quote name='gokou36']lol, we all know 1up/EGM and Gamespot are biased towards the PS3. Watch Gears will get an A+. I haven't played R2 yet but I heard people say this douche probably played about 30mins only since he can't even get the names of the gun right. Also he said there is no motion blur but there is, just that he didn't unlock it because he barely played the damn game.

Reviews this generation suck ass. Everyone is either biased or money-hatted. BTW anyone know if any stores actually selling this game early?[/quote]
He's a douche? Why? He worked at OPM for a long time before it was shut down and he's very good at what he does. The guns he's listed (Bullseye, Marksman, Auger, Splicer, Wraith) are the correct names, so I'm not sure what gun you're referring to. The reason I know you didn't read the review is that he never says there's no motion blur, but this:

not as many cool visual effects as you'd hope for in a modern shooter (while stuff like depth-of-field, motion blur, etc. are present, they feel somewhat underutilized)

You should start reading reviews before calling the reviewer a douche and not rely on the angry fanboy interpretations of the review next time. A B+ is still a very good score and since you don't read 1up, they've recently given LBP an A+ and MotorStorm PR an A-, so they've given Sony plenty of love in the past few weeks.

Being a fanboy should be an insta-ban. Since when is a fucking 8.0 a bad game? 5 is middle of the line. 10 is top of the line. 8 is a good score. Christ...

I think he had to brute force his way through the game to finish it quickly considering all the games he has to review. Things like Chameleons being a big problem for him are probably more because he was running around not paying attention trying to get past each segment.

It also might be that he's not much of a shooter person. But B+ is still a good score.

[quote name='genfuyung']Being a fanboy should be an insta-ban. Since when is a fucking 8.0 a bad game? 5 is middle of the line. 10 is top of the line. 8 is a good score. Christ...[/quote]

B+ is a 8.5

I for one will be buying this game, just after a good deal comes around and Gears 2 starts getting stale.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He's a douche? Why? He worked at OPM for a long time before it was shut down and he's very good at what he does. The guns he's listed (Bullseye, Marksman, Auger, Splicer, Wraith) are the correct names, so I'm not sure what gun you're referring to. The reason I know you didn't read the review is that he never says there's no motion blur, but this:

You should start reading reviews before calling the reviewer a douche and not rely on the angry fanboy interpretations of the review next time. A B+ is still a very good score and since you don't read 1up, they've recently given LBP an A+ and MotorStorm PR an A-, so they've given Sony plenty of love in the past few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Umm, did he go back and edit that shit or something? This is what I read. ***That's the main disappointment, if any, behind Resistance 2. It's a clear "we're improving upon our predecessor" type of title, and it succeeds on that front. If you're really picky, you can quibble about certain aspects -- not as many cool visual effects as you'd hope for in a modern shooter (depth-of-field, motion blur, etc.) or occasional slowdown (mostly when respawning after an active firefight),***

I read this somewhere else, sounds about damn right too.

"As for the new toys, I particularly like the FarEye (a Chimeran assault rifle that blurts out a three-bullet statement and also fires a weird lightning-ball thing"

Too bad that that's the Marksman, not the FarEye.

"two new grenades (my favorite explosive -- the fuel-air explosive -- now comes in grenade form"

And too bad that it already was a grenade

" And while I haven't actually seen any full 60-player brawls yet"

This person clearly spent 5 minutes playing the game. There are so many 60 player servers he could join.

"And while I like the unique approach, I'm disappointed at the lack of co-op in the single-player narrative. Hale's frequently with his squad (or at least another soldier) for a good portion of the campaign. Why not throw a live buddy in there?"

There's a reason it's called a "Single-player narrative," just possibly it was made for a single player. They have 8-player co-op campaign and this guy is complaining of no co-op in the single player campaign.

All in all, this review is not credible. If he played the game for even half an hour more then he'd actually understand the game and would give it at least an A- rating if not better.

I was playing the beta and DAMN its fun. Its like call of duty, but less noob and with aliens. I will definitely pick it up eventually. However, I couldn't stop thinking about how much better it would play on a 360 Controller... and how the graphics are not so great.

I noticed the graphics weren't all that either.

I'm just assuming that they had to tone them down for the multiplayer to keep it lag free. I hope that's the case and the single player looks great.

bread's done
Back