Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

[quote name='help1']I was playing the beta and DAMN its fun. Its like call of duty, but less noob and with aliens. I will definitely pick it up eventually. However, I couldn't stop thinking about how much better it would play on a 360 Controller... and how the graphics are not so great.[/quote]

Other then the crappy L2/R2 buttons honestly I prefer the Sixaxis in everything.. although if you want a more 360 like controller you might want to pick up the Nyko one for the PS3. I've heard it's not the greatest in build quality though so maybe not. It's cheap though at like

[quote name='Boeing 747']Other then the crappy L2/R2 buttons honestly I prefer the Sixaxis in everything.. although if you want a more 360 like controller you might want to pick up the Nyko one for the PS3. I've heard it's not the greatest in build quality though so maybe not. It's cheap though at like

[quote name='Blackout']I guess I'm crazy then. Halo 3 was boring as fuck. Online was super weak. Story was super weak. That game was just a cash grab. This is just my opinion. It has nothing to do with any fanboy stuff or any of that junk. I think Halo 3 was a huge letdown, and I'm not even a huge FPS guy. I picked it up used for around $30 and I wish I would have waited for it to be even cheaper.I don't care what the reviewers say. To me Resistance 1 always gets shit on and never gets is dues. Yeah the story was kinda iffy, but the online gaming was my favorite on the PS3, and this gen in general. To each his own.[/QUOTE]

This. i love FPSs and i though Halo 3 was pure garbage

just ordered the CE off amazon so count me in on the clan!

I never had any problem with Resistance 1's story aside from its ending, which was sort of anti-climactic. I love its multiplayer; I think it's much better than Halo 3 (which is too darn slow, I can't stand it). Gears is great but it's a different type of game entirely.

Resistance really reminded me of a grittier TimeSplitters-style FPS, very fast and very high-action. I used to love getting up at 8am and getting in a half-dozen games before going into work, because you'd hop in and hop out in 10 minutes. Classic stuff. R2 seems a little slower, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I put in some serious time online. I didn't play the Beta as much as I thought I would because I got sick of playing the same levels over and over (especially Orick, I got so tired of doing co-op on that stage over and over again).

Blockbuster got me to pre-order this by telling me that they'll release it at midnight.

Just called them and I have to wait until tomorrow. Not a big deal, but I'm not going to pre-order anything from BB again because of that.

I simply cannot wait to pick up my CE tomorrow. Resistance is far and away the title that has gotten the most play on my PS3, even more than MGS4, and I'm a massive MG nut. I cannot wait to play the campaign and also check out the alternate history video. I love the entire Resistance universe.

Same here, I am so excited about this game I could not sleep last night. I am up now just waiting for Gamestop to open in four more hours....

I'll be getting my copy today. Maybe I'll participate in a few CAG nights in this game seeing as it's one of the few games I'll probably play online on a decently regular basis. Although this will probably get temporarily shelved once I get Valkyria Chronicles tomorrow. I'm a little more excited for that than this at the moment.

The single player trophies puzzle me since the co op campaign isnt actually the campaign right?

Why make trophies for single player only :(

So, after going to vote, I picked up my CE at GameStop. Overall, I would say this is yet another CE that will drop like a rock. One, for $80, you should get a little more than a flimsy cardboard box. At the very least, give us something like the Bully CE for the PS2...a sturdy cardboard box. The Blu-ray disc doesn't even come in a case...just a cardboard sleeve. The figure is all right, but I've seen a lot better out of the folks at DC.

I'm playing single player now, since the PSN will be down for another hour or so.

The graphics, I can see what they are talking about now. Not that I agree that they are bad, but they are a bit... stylized. It isn't a gritty and realistic looking when you get up close like you might expect. It reminds me of Ratchet & Clank Future in that everyhing seems "painted". Hard to explain, but when you look at R&C you see that "soft" cartoon/artistic style and I'm picking that vibe up here too. Not that is it is kiddie, since I mention cartoon, but it does have its own set of visuals that one might be able to label as "Resistance sytle" in the future.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']So, after going to vote, I picked up my CE at GameStop. Overall, I would say this is yet another CE that will drop like a rock. One, for $80, you should get a little more than a flimsy cardboard box. At the very least, give us something like the Bully CE for the PS2...a sturdy cardboard box. The Blu-ray disc doesn't even come in a case...just a cardboard sleeve. The figure is all right, but I've seen a lot better out of the folks at DC.[/QUOTE]

I went to CC and they didn't have it. Went to fry's and bought it. I agree, the box is fuckING SHITTY. Mine is beaten up. For a huge release like R2, you'd think they make the CE box tin or like the MGS4 LE.

Ok got connected to their network. Checking out clans now, not sure if you can change leaders but I am looking into that. One cool thing is that you can set what kind of clan you want to be, casual or competive.

God I suck at FPS, died like 4 times on hard mode thru first scene. One time was because i fell to my death, lame.

All right. Not for nothing, but the character model of Hale that is on the main menu looks awful. PS2 graphics, my friends. It's not a big deal, but it's also not the best way to make a first impression.

[quote name='knightsdwn']After playing the beta, I am 100% sure that I will be playing the Co-op for a very, very long time.[/quote]

Same for me too :D The level up for all the three classes will take quite a bit of time.

Blockbuster still hasn't gotten it in. The delivery guy is apparently MIA.

Not a big deal to me, but it would have been nice to have it by now.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']All right. Not for nothing, but the character model of Hale that is on the main menu looks awful. PS2 graphics, my friends. It's not a big deal, but it's also not the best way to make a first impression.[/quote]
That's one amazing PS2 that you had.

Is the platinum trophy really one of the hidden trophies for this game? :lol:

Just got my copy from Amazon. Can't wait to get started. Is there any info on what day the CAG night for this game will be yet?

Just picked up my game today. Going to play SP first for a bit cuz my friends are getting it this week. So I'll be playing with them. Heh....knowing me I'll play singleplayer for an hour or two then hit up the co-op.

So, the "Shattered History" alternate timeline was...underwhelming...to say the least. It only clocks in at under 2:15 and leaves out a ton of the stuff from the website.

The game itself, fortunately, is a ton of fun. The new Magnum handgun is a nifty little weapon.

Thanks Frisky.

I ordered the game already, it's just a matter of time til' I get it, which shouldn't be too long. Once I get it I'll start the clan right up if you guys don't mind waiting a couple days.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Thanks Frisky.

I ordered the game already, it's just a matter of time til' I get it, which shouldn't be too long. Once I get it I'll start the clan right up if you guys don't mind waiting a couple days.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the clan will be in your possession. I'll try discussing with you something about the CAG R2 Clan/Night thread sometime. ;)

The one TDM game I joined was smooth as butter.

They did a server reboot around noon or so if that's about the time that you're referring to.

Shini - hehe when you get it up and running send an invite my way!

Frisky - if you're up for some co-op just send me a msg I'll be on this game for a few more hours then most likely play later tonight.

Cool beans dudes, I'll start sending out a slew of invites once I get the game in hand.

Mana, I think I'll create a new thread now just for group/clan purposes. Did you have a format in mind? ;)

It'd be best to have everything ready so I have a list of everyone who wants in and all I have to do is just send out invites.

Tried out some co-op and got paired with a bunch of quitters. Either stick with it or don't join at all. One game ended with me as a spec-ops against a medic with a titan or whatever it's called right at the beginning, we nearly had it beat before another Titan spawned along with a horde of chimera to make sure we wouldn't last much longer. :(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Tried out some co-op and got paired with a bunch of quitters. Either stick with it or don't join at all. One game ended with me as a spec-ops against a medic with a titan or whatever it's called right at the beginning, we nearly had it beat before another Titan spawned along with a horde of chimera to make sure we wouldn't last much longer. :([/quote]

Bummer, was the option of late join enabled?

I went ahead and created the thread dedicated to the CAG Clan for Resistance 2.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202575

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was a matchmade game, so I don't know. It was pretty much doomed from the start anyway.[/quote]
Haha, it was that bad eh?

Did you happen to check and see if there is an option to mute other players in-game? I know eventually we'll run into people that just mic spam or just say stupid stuff constantly, it can get REALLY annoying.

If not, I might just drive over the Insomniac and ask em' what's up ;)

does anyone know how to get into the ranked competitive games? i only see unranked and get zilch xp at the end.

I've run into a couple people that either play with their TV's way too loud, with lag so I hear their TV seconds after what I heard on mine, or their mics are way too sensitive, so I can hear everything they do, making me want to kill them for trying to kill my ear. You can mute people in the menu.

The one I'm in right now has echo on the chatter, which is insane.

[quote name='enufs8d']does anyone know how to get into the ranked competitive games? i only see unranked and get zilch xp at the end.[/quote]

You have to use "Play" instead of "Find Game" to join a ranked competetive game.

[quote name='enufs8d']does anyone know how to get into the ranked competitive games? i only see unranked and get zilch xp at the end.[/quote]
Click on Play and set your desired match settings to get into a ranked match.

[quote name='m_d_amore']when do you think the first patch is coming out?
I found a glitch where i fall off the map in the sub? into fire wtf[/quote]
The first patch was already out. People on myresistance are saying it fixed the All Eyes on Me thing.

I think I'll stick with find my own co-op games right now since the last two I've been in were fun and finished, though it sucks that I had to run through the level to reach them rather than spawn where they'd spawn if they died.

bread's done
Back