Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

A member at GAF recommended these controls for people who are mostly use to CoD4 and feel its controls don't feel right (the game has completely customizable controls). I'm going to try this myself:

So for the people who are completly turned off by this game, I say go back and change the controls to the COD4 set like:

Shoulder Buttons
R1 - Shoot
R2 - Alternate Fire
L1 - Zoom
L2 - Grenade

Face buttons:
X - Jump
Square - Reload
O - Crouch
Triangle - Change Weapon

Sticks (Be SURE to separate crouch and sprint in the options):
L3 - Sprint
R3 - Melee

This should help me and may be beneficial to others.
[quote name='suko_32']Just had a network error, oh well. That's my first.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if servers are down between a certain time, because I kept getting network errors this morning. When I played in the afternoon and early evening, everything was fine.

I played a little TEAM DEATHMATCH last night and I found it enjoyable. I believe there was like 55-60 people in the game and it was lag free...that was nice.

The controls are not that great though.

[quote name='doubledown']
The controls are not that great though.[/QUOTE]Like I told some, they may want to adjust the default controls because they are a bit weird. I'm about to test out new controls for the game and see how that goes (some said they were much better when they did alter them).

I will be updating the list of those interested here for a game at 8pm EST (5pm PST) on 10/25/08 (tonight):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5027377&postcount=514

After breakfast, I plan to message ALL my PSN friends and others I know in the beta, letting them know about this game. Although it might not work due to network issues, we will try.

If things go well on Saturday, we can look at having a game on Monday (maybe) and Wednesday.

I decided (and I'll be talking to Shini about this) that we should split up into groups for CAG R2 nights that have to do with co-op. Like maybe we should try a little match making by figuring out what everyone is skilled at most, then try to pair people up (by when people are available and such). Like I'm thinking have several co-op teams at CAG. Leaders picks 7 people they want on their team (or takes people on) and they play co-op together (we can mix things up at times, but I feel its best for people to get together a group and get use to one another), preferably by already being PSN friends, being available around the same time, and so on. If teams are full, someone can just create a new team.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I will be updating the list of those interested here for a game at 8pm EST (5pm PST) on 10/25/08 (tonight):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5027377&postcount=514

After breakfast, I plan to message ALL my PSN friends and others I know in the beta, letting them know about this game. Although it might not work due to network issues, we will try.

If things go well on Saturday, we can look at having a game on Monday (maybe) and Wednesday.[/quote]
I will try to be on tonight... might be closer to 9pm though.

[quote name='Sarrasis']I will try to be on tonight... might be closer to 9pm though.[/QUOTE]That's fine. Everyone should let me know this, because maybe there can be a group starting closing to 9pm EST, or if some want to play earlier, I can create a group for that. Basically, I just want to see who wants to play and I'll get things setup from there.

Also, people should maybe look at my previous post in this thread because I edited to explain a co-op idea I have when the full retail game comes out.

Some might be angry at me for this, but I'm going to make the deadline to decide whether you are going to play or not for 5pm EST (so I can decide how many hosts I need). Anyone who wants to play afterwards, just has to magically hope there's room.

I understand not everyone in a party is going to show up, so we will most likely search for game (well, by selecting play) and fill up the rest of the spots.

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe we could use CAG social groups (although the setup isn't the best) for each co-op team, so everyone can talk in private to get together on certain days.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That's fine. Everyone should let me know this, because maybe there can be a group starting closing to 9pm EST, or if some want to play earlier, I can create a group for that. Basically, I just want to see who wants to play and I'll get things setup from there.

Also, people should maybe look at my previous post in this thread because I edited to explain a co-op idea I have when the full retail game comes out.

Some might be angry at me for this, but I'm going to make the deadline to decide whether you are going to play or not for 5pm EST (so I can decide how many hosts I need). Anyone who wants to play afterwards, just has to magically hope there's room.

I understand not everyone in a party is going to show up, so we will most likely search for game (well, by selecting play) and fill up the rest of the spots.[/QUOTE]

All this scheduling reminds me of raiding in WoW. Thanks for organizing this, Mana!

Is everyone else able to use the party system. I tried yesterday to join someone and it wouldn't work. This morning I managed to join Mana's party (not sure if you were actually there to play, I just wanted to test it and you were online), but I couldn't seem to get a game started (maybe Mana had to start it himself?).

Played a little co-op last night which was a blast. Then I ended up getting a network error. Let me know what's going on for tonight Mana.

[quote name='happy']Is everyone else able to use the party system. I tried yesterday to join someone and it wouldn't work. This morning I managed to join Mana's party (not sure if you were actually there to play, I just wanted to test it and you were online), but I couldn't seem to get a game started (maybe Mana had to start it himself?).[/quote]
The party system has worked pretty well in my experience. I had one weird issue last night where I was in a party with Shini and Synical and after we were in the game lobby I accidentally hit circle and backed out of the match. I was still in the party but couldn't get in their game. I eventually exited the game entirely and went back to the lobby. I was able to enter the game by going to by buddy list and choosing join game.

I also noticed the "Play Now" matchmaking option was actually working yesterday whereas the day before it did not.

One thing I hope they add is a popup notice for party invites. Right now when you get an invite you have to go to the party menu to accept (you might be able to do it from the XMB also but I haven't tried).

[quote name='happy']Is everyone else able to use the party system. I tried yesterday to join someone and it wouldn't work. This morning I managed to join Mana's party (not sure if you were actually there to play, I just wanted to test it and you were online), but I couldn't seem to get a game started (maybe Mana had to start it himself?).[/QUOTE]Yes, I have zero problems. Well, it comes down to what a persons settings are on whether you can join or not. You might have tried to join my game, but I came across a freeze and had to reset my PS3.

[quote name='Tyga24']Played a little co-op last night which was a blast. Then I ended up getting a network error. Let me know what's going on for tonight Mana.[/QUOTE]I'll add you to the list. Well, I still need to send messages to everyone on PSN, then try forming groups. Hopefully there are no net errors.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Right now when you get an invite you have to go to the party menu to accept (you might be able to do it from the XMB also but I haven't tried).[/QUOTE]

I tried doing that last night for about 10 minutes until I realized how had to accept the invite in-game. So nope -- you cannot accept invites via XMB.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I tried doing that last night for about 10 minutes until I realized how had to accept the invite in-game. So nope -- you cannot accept invites via XMB.[/quote]
cool, thanks for clearing that up. That's a little weird since it actually takes you to the PSN message to join!

[quote name='Ecofreak']I tried doing that last night for about 10 minutes until I realized how had to accept the invite in-game. So nope -- you cannot accept invites via XMB.[/quote]

From what I have noticed so far, the game's party system could use some work, especially for co-op. Simply put, the best way to join a party is to have somebody invite you and then join through the party options menu.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']From what I have noticed so far, the game's party system could use some work, especially for co-op. Simply put, the best way to join a party is to have somebody invite you and then join through the party options menu.[/QUOTE]At first it may seem hard, but once you get it, it's easy. I like the setup (unlike CoD4) and it will make putting games together easy.

I already sent PSN messages to 12 people I know. I gotta search for more and send more messages.

I believe if you could just invite people directly from your friends list on the XMB as well as the party options menu, it would work better. Having said that, this beta has really gotten me excited for this game. I love the actual gameplay for co-op as it is right now. And yes, this game is TOUGH!!!

If any CAGs are going to be on late night tonight (after Ohio State v. Penn State game) add both of my accounts to your friends lists - galvatron2k1 and cuatro cinco 45. I'll be on with an additional 3-4 people tonight.

That reminds me, if anyone is going to play with a 2nd person, let me know so we make sure to that everyone can fit together. Also, I need to know who MIGHT be interested in volunteering to be a leader (meaning you send the invites and find the game)?

EDIT: Or else I can invite most to a 30 person party, and then decide where to go from there? Organizing this will be tough, but I really want something to work.

I'd love to attend tonight's game but I'll be a little late. I have a CAG NBA 2K9 match at 7:30 EST so I expect to be done by around 8:30 or so.

So far the list is:

Who is in (By PSN-ID):
  • Darknyss * (9pm EST more likely)
  • freakyzeeky *
  • galvatron2k1 (late night
  • Ghost_Face_36 *
  • gubermonster *
  • I_Am_ProZac *
  • Inf_Shini *
  • jdioutkast * (Can host and may be 2)
  • JetTone
  • JoelF15 *
  • KnightsDwn * (8:30pm EST or later)
  • ManaKnight *
  • neverletthem *
  • Phoenix_Azure
  • ratzombie *
  • Sinistar83 *
  • Tyga24 *
  • Veridis_Quo

* PSN Buddy of ManaKnight

We'll need two host so far. I know Shini will host and maybe I can. If anyone can play, but later, please let me know and I'll see about grouping people who cannot play until later.

Inf_Shini Group
-Darknyss
-Grashi
-jdioutkast (2)
-Phoenix_Azure
-Rolento
-Synical

Mana Knight Group
-freakyzeeky
-Ghost_Face_36
-gubermonster
-JoelF15
-KnightsDwn (If extra slot)
-ratzombie
-Sinistar83
-Tyga24

Third Group
-JetTone (will join mine if extra space)
-RYAend

Needs Group
-galvatron2k1 (for later)
-Veridis_Quo
maybe some in my group

Last edited by a moderator:
So around what time should we start? LMK so later on I know when to be home. I plan on playing co-op so I'll take a max of seven people in my party. I know I'll have Grashi, Darknyss, and Synical, since we've played together a lot already, so probably just three more slots to fill and we can get a full co-op going, only thing left to chance is that creating a game actually works, it tends to be on and off throughout the day :/

[quote name='Psykodelik']haha but of course. It's especially fun when you and grashi go up and melee the boss. That's when I don't both to spam heal you both :lol:

Don't worry about your mic dying. Mine died too a couple of mins later.[/quote]

Haha, that's fun stuff, gotta change it up a bit, I'll get bored just sitting there shooting at him. What's really funny is I actually killed one of the titans through melee hits, I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm charging my mic right now so I'll be sure it'll be on for today :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sorry for leaving early and the sore throat. If I'm not too busy with little big planet tomorrow I'll be on saturday night.

I realize spec opps should make it a point to give the gunners grenades... would speed up alot of the game if done so. easy way to clear rooms.[/quote]
It's all good dude, hope you feel better, sore throats are pretty annoying. Spec ops ammo generation is random, so they can't always give out grenades.

I decided to play as a medic since the rest of the team was practically spec ops in one game, and the medic kicks a whole lot of ass, they can be practically invincible; They do remind me of the Ghostbusters though, especially when you get a few on a titan.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So around what time should we start? LMK so later on I know when to be home. I plan on playing co-op so I'll take a max of seven people in my party. I know I'll have Grashi, Darknyss, and Synical, since we've played together a lot already, so probably just three more slots to fill and we can get a full co-op going, only thing left to chance is that creating a game actually works, it tends to be on and off throughout the day :/[/QUOTE]

I'd like to join your group. jdioutkast and I were rocking the baddies w/ another pick-up-group and felt bad about leaving mid-game.

So I'd like to nominate jdioutkast as the seventh member should I be added to the roster.

And we could round it all out with RelentlessRolento?

I'm good anytime after 8 PM EST.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So around what time should we start? LMK so later on I know when to be home. I plan on playing co-op so I'll take a max of seven people in my party. I know I'll have Grashi, Darknyss, and Synical, since we've played together a lot already, so probably just three more slots to fill and we can get a full co-op going, only thing left to chance is that creating a game actually works, it tends to be on and off throughout the day :/[/quote]

I'd rather play co-op and I know I'll have a squad of close to 4 but like I said, I won't be on until late... My bad about yesterday too, I saw you invited me, but it was the first time I had gotten on and had no idea how to accept the invite. I figured it out last night though.

Going to be interesting on what happens with the CAG night with this one if a lot of people end of getting it. Co-op is great but we're going to have to dip our toes into the other modes sooner or later.

I just tried it and it is a lot of fun too. Not sure what mode it was but it was objective based to. Kind of like Warkhawk where you have to capture nodes to earn team points. Mixed in with a little bit of "hero mode" where you had to protect/track and kill a certain player at various points during the round.

The weapons have been tweaked well. I usually find just one set I like to play with but I was having a blast swapping on after dieing. Only one I didn't get a handle on was the saw gun but I'm going to test it out some more later.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Going to be interesting on what happens with the CAG night with this one if a lot of people end of getting it. Co-op is great but we're going to have to dip our toes into the other modes sooner or later.

I just tried it and it is a lot of fun too. Not sure what mode it was but it was objective based to. Kind of like Warkhawk where you have to capture nodes to earn team points. Mixed in with a little bit of "hero mode" where you had to protect/track and kill a certain player at various points during the round.

The weapons have been tweaked well. I usually find just one set I like to play with but I was having a blast swapping on after dieing. Only one I didn't get a handle on was the saw gun but I'm going to test it out some more later.[/QUOTE]We'll try other modes. I plan for a CAG night on Monday and Wednesday (well, for the beta I mean). We'll do other stuff then. But when the retail comes out, either I'll split up days for game modes, or just alternate.

Alright, Im gonna play R2 Beta, if you wanna join add me "JoelF15" lets get a CAG appetizer game setup before tonight =P

Sorry for double post, the time will be 4:05 PM EST, I have one friend request, the game is still on, 6 more people for the co op campaign please.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Going to be interesting on what happens with the CAG night with this one if a lot of people end of getting it. Co-op is great but we're going to have to dip our toes into the other modes sooner or later.[/quote]
Yea, but a majority of my time will be towards co-op ;-P

I'll still give competitive a shot. If I end up hitting a ceiling with co-op (complete everything), I'll give competitive mode more time.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I'd like to join your group. jdioutkast and I were rocking the baddies w/ another pick-up-group and felt bad about leaving mid-game.

So I'd like to nominate jdioutkast as the seventh member should I be added to the roster.

And we could round it all out with RelentlessRolento?

I'm good anytime after 8 PM EST.[/quote]
Sure thing, I dunno if Rolento will come in, but if StarkKat can make it, he'll be the 8th person in, he's played with us a couple times too.

So I guess we could start around 8:30 PM EST/5:30 PST. I'll post up when I'm ready, or if I don't just hop on and message me.

Anyone who's interested or will most likely have the game on Day 1, send me a friend invite to: Inf_Shini

I'll send you a clan invite since I'll be heading it, just let me know you want in.

Oh course I'll be apart of the clan too and I'll help you a little with R2 (although Shini is the main coordinator). ;)

For tonight, I'll head a party of 7 at 8pm EST. I'll put together the list of people in my party later.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Oh course I'll be apart of the clan too and I'll help you a little with R2 (although Shini is the main coordinator). ;)

For tonight, I'll head a party of 7 at 8pm EST. I'll put together the list of people in my party later.[/quote]
Yes yes, of course :)

All right, I put some groups together. Right now we need a third group, but this is how I have it right now. I can swap people around if needed.

Inf_Shini Group @ 8:30pm EST
-Darknyss
-Grashi
-jdioutkast (2)
-KnightsDwn (backup 1 at 8:30pm EST)
-Phoenix_Azure
-Rolento (or they can take KnightsDwn due to playing later)
-RYAend (Backup 2)
-Synical
-Veridis_Quo (Backup 3)

Mana Knight Group @ 8pm EST (My group is two over since I expect someone to not show up). Those from the other groups can jump into mine if needed.
-freakyzeeky
-Ghost_Face_36
-gubermonster
-I_Am_ProZac
-JetTone (Backup 3)
-JoelF15
-KnightsDwn (If extra slot later on)
-Landshrk83 (Backup 2)
-ratzombie
-SteveMcQ (Backup 1)
-Tyga24

[quote name='I_Am_ProZac']-_- I has no group.[/QUOTE]I'll just toss you in my group. I'm not reminding anyone in my group to show up at 8pm EST, so it will be first come, first serve. ;)

Hey TMK, I'll send you an invite on PSN in a few in case I can jump on later tonight. If more of your guys show up, I can always hop out.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hey TMK, I'll send you an invite on PSN in a few in case I can jump on later tonight. If more of your guys show up, I can always hop out.[/QUOTE]Whoever adds me will probably be deleted on Tuesday (due to Burnout night), since Burnout Paradise freezes once I have over 97 buddies (I'm at 98 right now). I dunno, I gotta rework my buddy list again to make it work. I'm just giving you a warning, so you'd know (in case it happens).

I only have two buddy slots left right now. I really doubt there will be spots open, but you can try to join in on the R2 beta with us (since I can only host 8 for co-op). Multi-player Competitive will be a different story (where I can bring 30 people into it). I just really need another host.

EDIT: If I fill up the room, I'm going to put "R2 Room Full" as my PSN message above my name.

[quote name='landshrk83']I'm interested in joining up tonight too. We could always get a second room going once the first fills up.[/QUOTE]If you want, you can try getting a game with the third group of people I listed, or try talking to them (along with maybe someone from my group if it fills). I already filled up my group and Shini's Group, anyone else goes to the third group or more. People can fill the extra slots searching for a game anyway.

Ok, so just in case, I might have three spots open depending on who shows up or not.

You mind sending some over my way, then you can pick up the other guys Mana?

--> I'm heading out to play some B'ball so I might be a bit late, might make it home around 5:30-6:00 PM Pacific Time.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ok, so just in case, I might have three spots open depending on who shows up or not.

You mind sending some over my way, then you can pick up the other guys Mana?

--> I'm heading out to play some B'ball so I might be a bit late, might make it home around 5:30-6:00 PM Pacific Time.[/QUOTE]I have two extras in my group. You might want to add KnightsDwn (who said he'll be ready by 8:30pm EST) and landshrk83 (who is my 2nd backup). RYAend may be another who needs to be added. I still need at least 1-2 backups for myself so I'm covered.

Check lists for update.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I have two extras in my group. You might want to add KnightsDwn (who said he'll be ready by 8:30pm EST) and landshrk83 (who is my 2nd backup). RYAend may be another who needs to be added. I still need at least 1-2 backups for myself so I'm covered.[/quote]
Sure thing, I'll do it when I get back...or right now, it looks like I might have a little down time to send out friend invites.

I was thinking of creating a seperate thread for Resistance 2 when it gets released for CAG Night and group setup purposes, unless Frisky doesn't mind editing the OP with lists n' stuff; I'll probably keep the layout similar to the Warhawk thread.

bread's done
Back