Resistance 3 - Insomniac's Resurgence - 12/6: Co-op Returns w/Brutality Pack - $2.99

Although I am a fan of the series and have played every Resistance game made, I will probably get this much farther into the future used from GoHastings so I wouldn't have to pay for the PSN pass. There are just far too many other games higher in priority, even if you don't include Battlefield 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ic-beta-dates-early-access-starts-august-4th/

The beta begins next Thursday for SOCOM 4 people and August 23rd for PS+ people, though sites will be giving out codes next week:
Many of you have been getting very excited about the chance to play Resistance 3′s competitive multiplayer modes online when the Resistance 3 Public Beta launches. Today, we’re happy to give some additional info about the launch dates for the beta.

For those of you who have received Early Access to the Public Beta via specially marked packages of SOCOM 4, we will be opening the beta to you at some point on Thursday, August 4th. Your existing codes will be able to be redeemed via the PlayStation Store and the Redeem Code button. PlayStation Plus subscribers in the U.S. will also be invited to join the beta beginning on August 23rd. If you’re a subscriber, all you’ll have to do is navigate to the PlayStation Plus section of the PlayStation Store to download the beta.

The Resistance 3 Beta includes two of our major maps in the game, the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, as well as a Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. The Public Beta includes two of our five multiplayer modes, Team Deathmatch and Chain Reaction (the other three are Deathmatch, Breach, and Capture the Flag). You can level your character up, buy and upgrade weapons and abilities, customize your loadouts and unlock new character skins. We have capped the level in the beta at 20, so you won’t be able to get the full range of abilities, modes, maps, and weapons until the game launches in September, but we hope you enjoy this taste of the experience while helping us test our online infrastructure.

The beta will continue beyond the Early Access period, and we’ll be announcing additional ways to get in as we get closer to Resistance 3′s launch date. Can’t wait for Early Access? Some of our media partners will be giving out codes next week that will let you join the beta a couple of days early. We’ll also be giving out some early codes on our Twitter and Facebook account, so follow or Like us!

That’s all for now! We look forward to playing against you in the Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta next week.

Just got an email w/ a code letting me in to the beta. Super weird, I don't remember signing up for it. Oh well. I'm downloading it now. I don't think I'm allowed to talk about it while I'm in the beta, but you guys should check your e-mail.

I have a beta code from SOCOM 4 that I'm just not going to use... Honestly, I've never played the series but my experience tells me I just don't like FPS on the PS3.
Anyhow, since the fates (or Anonymous) conspired to get me the Uncharted 3 beta free I don't really feel the need to cash in on it... So its free to a good home but I want it redeemed by whomever gets it.

I'll check my forum PM box in six hours. The person with what I deem the best answer as to why they deserve it gets it.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Wow... Not a single reply. I guess no one wants this code.[/QUOTE]
I wanted it- i just didnt have time to reply the other day. lol. My wife gave me a honey-do list that has taken me 9 days to finish and I haven't had a lot of freetime until now (and sure would be nice to check out resistance)

If it's still available- my reason is that I'm the only person that asked for it!

[quote name='nbballard']I wanted it- i just didnt have time to reply the other day. lol. My wife gave me a honey-do list that has taken me 9 days to finish and I haven't had a lot of freetime until now (and sure would be nice to check out resistance)[/quote]

Well, I know that feeling... I did get a PM for it about 30 minutes before your post but I was in the process of making lunch so update this thread didn't happen. Sorry. :)

Why is there a updated for something that just came out updated is taking for ever so I have not updated it

I actually enjoyed the beta for the 3 matches I played. It felt smooth and it looked pretty good. Only thing I didn't like was the motion blur, which was awful.

finally got around to downloading this beta and its subsequent 1.4 gig patch only to find out THEY DISABLED MATCHMAKING.

fucking wow. i should just delete this off my ps3 right now.

[quote name='8bitArtist']finally got around to downloading this beta and its subsequent 1.4 gig patch only to find out THEY DISABLED MATCHMAKING.

fucking wow. i should just delete this off my ps3 right now.[/QUOTE]

According to their twitter feed, they have been having problems with the servers.

They will be giving an update about matchmaking tomorrow.

Hopefully, they'll have everything fixed by the time PS+ users have access to the beta. At least this shit is happening NOW and not at release. I'm mainly buying R3 for the single player, but I'll play some multiplayer every once in a while. Depending on how good it is.

[quote name='jello44']Hopefully, they'll have everything fixed by the time PS+ users have access to the beta. At least this shit is happening NOW and not at release. I'm mainly buying R3 for the single player, but I'll play some multiplayer every once in a while. Depending on how good it is.[/QUOTE]*Beep* PS+ users...

Honestly, its not their first MP game so this shouldn't have even been an issue for those who got suckered into buying SOCOM 4...

But I agree with the rest of your comment. You know without a doubt you're looking at a beta.

instead of buying the heaping pile of shit known as socom, you should of just waited till one became used at gamestop, open up the case and take the code. hahaha. their last game supported 64 player game. this match making shit should not be an issue. period.

[quote name='8bitArtist']Their last game supported 64 player game. this match making shit should not be an issue. period.[/QUOTE]
This is true. Sadly, I needed it so I could game with family... or so I was told. We never play it. (We just deal with the BS of UC2.)

[quote name='8bitArtist']Their last game supported 64 player game. this match making shit should not be an issue. period. [/quote]Got to agree. How do you start a beta without even proper working matchmaking.

Seriously, Sony has all of these exclusives with MP this year and only one has worked... UC3.

Matchmaking worked just fine before SOCOM 4 people got in, so it broke because of the increased server load that broke parts of the beta. The 2.01 update that should be coming today or tomorrow will re-enable along with fixing some other stuff.

The 2.01 patch seems to have gone public, though it may take some time for it to be available to download for everybody. Once it's available everywhere, Insomniac will be turning on matchmaking.

this is the absolutely worst beta ive ever been in. match making still blows and half the time i cant connect. the other half it goes to a black screen that says "game has already ended". i try to invite a person and then it tells them i am offline when they try to join. i try to make a private 1 on 1 match and they are there but not showing up on my screen thus not making me able to start the match.

any chance of me buying this game has gone to 0%

[quote name='8bitArtist']this is the absolutely worst beta ive ever been in. match making still blows and half the time i cant connect. the other half it goes to a black screen that says "game has already ended". i try to invite a person and then it tells them i am offline when they try to join. i try to make a private 1 on 1 match and they are there but not showing up on my screen thus not making me able to start the match.

any chance of me buying this game has gone to 0%[/QUOTE]

It is beta after all. You mentioned not one word about gameplay. You're going to let connection issues on BETA servers decide the game's fate for you? Yeah okay!

how can i mention gameplay when i cant get into a game and when i do, it lasts for 2 minutes and then goes to a black screen saying it already ended?

this game comes out in a month and its an absolute mess.

beta servers? youre saying they arent using the same servers they will be when it launches when a shit ton more people are trying to connect? Yeah okay!

[quote name='Kyoz']It is beta after all. You mentioned not one word about gameplay. You're going to let connection issues on BETA servers decide the game's fate for you? Yeah okay![/QUOTE]

Betas used to be about testing but this generation of games has turn betas into nothing more than online mp demos. Betas used to mean they were testing the hardware, gameplay and everything else on a much wider basis so they can identify problems and fix them or make changes. Now betas just means it's a limited release demo to get preorders and build hype.

[quote name='8bitArtist']how can i mention gameplay when i cant get into a game and when i do, it lasts for 2 minutes and then goes to a black screen saying it already ended?

this game comes out in a month and its an absolute mess.

beta servers? youre saying they arent using the same servers they will be when it launches when a shit ton more people are trying to connect? Yeah okay![/QUOTE]

Game reviewer of the year! :applause:

And I'm pretty sure they are NOT using the release day servers, look at resistance 2. Online plays perfectly fine. So WHY would they make R3 shittier than R2??? I'm sure they know what they're doing. ;)

[quote name='Thongsy']Betas used to be about testing but this generation of games has turn betas into nothing more than online mp demos. Betas used to mean they were testing the hardware, gameplay and everything else on a much wider basis so they can identify problems and fix them or make changes. Now betas just means it's a limited release demo to get preorders and build hype.[/QUOTE]

Very true, the game has been in testing for months. They just finally released it now.

one point of the beta is to test the servers. why would they not test the servers they are going to be using on release day? hey guys, lets just test the "beta" servers and we will worry about the real release day servers after the game comes out.

The Resistance series has always been great online. People seem to think that "beta" is a demo, or a preview. The purpose of the beta is to test and identify issues. The beta is a success when devs find errors. If there are errors found in the beta, then the more likely that they'll be fixed by the game's official release.

The point of a beta is to break the game so that the developers can iron out the issues, so to get offended at there being issues shows that you should not have even been in the beta if you didn't know what you're getting into.

Has there been any info about the enemy AI for this game. I've been looking at some videos, and I'm pretty positive that whoever was playing, must have had the difficulty set to the easiest level. After all the video I've watched, I'm worried about the AI, and I'm wondering if Insomniac has done anything new with the AI

I'm pretty disappointed in the beta. Feels like a low budget version of Call of Duty. Shame they ditched the awesome co-op and went this route instead.

yup, i can finally play games without getting booted and its average at best. too much shit going on between invisibile people, people with shields, little fucking bugs attacking you.

ill just stay with BF3

[quote name='whoknows']I'm pretty disappointed in the beta. Feels like a low budget version of Call of Duty. Shame they ditched the awesome co-op and went this route instead.[/QUOTE]

This is my first experience with a Resistance game so I can't speak about the previous games' multiplayer but LOW BUDGET CALL OF DUTY definitely sounds about right.

Still, kind of fun for free...........but this won't be a positive factor in my decision to buy the retail release.

My BETA keeps locking up...it freezes my whole PS3. Any idea what to do?

I did delete it and redownloaded it....but have yet to try again.

This is a definite rental even though I greatly enjoyed Resistance 2 and Retribution. I just think I'm FPS'd out, and there's too many other games that interest me.

Supposedly the game is going to have a 650MB day-one patch. Pretty ridiculous and unacceptable.

Source

[quote name='Blackout']Supposedly the game is going to have a 650MB day-one patch. Pretty ridiculous and unacceptable.

Source
[/QUOTE]

Why? The beta showed them what needed to be fixed and they're fixing it. I'll have to wait an extra 10 minutes to play it after I put the disc in my PS3. Oh no.

[quote name='whoknows']Why? The beta showed them what needed to be fixed and they're fixing it. I'll have to wait an extra 10 minutes to play it after I put the disc in my PS3. Oh no.[/QUOTE]

That's not a 10 minute wait, unless you have incredibly fast internet that you pay an assload of money for a month. For many people that's going to take a really long time to download.

I'm still not seeing how it's unacceptable. It's not like Insomniac said "you know what would be funny? a 650mb patch that does nothing on release day". The patch obviously has a purpose that will most likely make it so you have a better experience playing. If all you want to do is play single player alone sign off PSN and download the patch some other time.

I'll probably start the download, grab something to eat, then come back and it'll probably be done or near done.

Launch day patches are annoying as it is, but I can't remember a lot of games where the download was that big. That's a pretty serious download. I just wish they could have finished the game before actually releasing it. My internet connect is decent, but it'll still take me an hour or two to finish that. Regardless if your connection is great, I'm betting a lot of people are going to be super pissed off about it.

I won't argue it's annoying, because it definitely is, but from the beta, it was obvious the online had a lot of problems :lol:

bread's done
Back