Resistance 3 - Insomniac's Resurgence - 12/6: Co-op Returns w/Brutality Pack - $2.99

[quote name='whoknows']I won't argue it's annoying, because it definitely is, but from the beta, it was obvious the online had a lot of problems :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've heard that. Resistance 2 had a lot of different problems with the online that were never patched or fixed months after release. I don't have a lot of hope that RE3's online is going to be smooth judging from the beta problems and the series' past history.

[quote name='Blackout']Yeah I've heard that. Resistance 2 had a lot of different problems with the online that were never patched or fixed months after release. I don't have a lot of hope that RE3's online is going to be smooth judging from the beta problems and the series' past history.[/QUOTE]

I played R2 online last night after not playing it for I don't know how long and I was actually having fun. I don't know if they fixed it since release or what, but I remember back then not liking it (aside from the co-op). If R3 online is like current R2 online I think I'll enjoy it. It's a nice change of pace.

[quote name='Blackout']Supposedly the game is going to have a 650MB day-one patch. Pretty ridiculous and unacceptable.

Source
[/QUOTE]

I would rather have them release a 2gb day-one patch to fix all the problems than release a game that is broken.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Anyone know if Best buy is having a midnight release?[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with two bestbuy (los angeles area) and they both said they don't see any bestbuys in my area doing a mid-night release. Most likely cause of Labor Day?

Day one patch(approx 6 min), and install took around 8 minutes on my machine. The intro movie ended with it showing 19% installed already and I just had to wait for the rest. I didn't really clock it. Knowing that it had this update I just tossed a pizza in the toaster oven and grabbed a drink while it did all the fun stuff. Checked on it after the patch install to watch the intro then grabbed my food and enjoyed it while I watched it hit 100%.

Enjoying the game thus far but way too early to really say anything really except that I recognize the multiplayer models from the beta in the game.

I'm not very far into the game yet, but I love the tone the game sets at the beginning. Really looking forward to playing more on my day off.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm not very far into the game yet, but I love the tone the game sets at the beginning. Really looking forward to playing more on my day off.[/QUOTE]
I'm happy to hear that. The tone and set-up of the first game was what sold me. The 2nd one threw it all away if you ask me.

I've enjoyed what I have played so far.

I also noticed there were demos on the disc. If you go to the XMB dash, you should see them under the resistance 3 launcher.

Wow that was short......I just finished the game and I feel jipped! Also there wasn't as many "epic" boss fights like there was in R2. It was just more of the same throughout the game.

The look and feel of it was super awesome though! I wanted more :cry:

Finished it as well today. The story had good pacing and I wanted to finish it and I was able to do so. I didn't feel it was too short but I did want more when it was all said and done.

The look and feel and how it evolved as the story moved through was also well done. The return of the weapon wheel was very welcome to me and I'm glad I had my arsenal.

The multiplayer has twice as many different modes as the beta and seems decent so far, at least it is a good distraction. Haven't played the coop yet and odds are will not be able to do so my playtime is too erratic. With another project on the horizon I was lucky to get this in.

[quote name='jello44']I've enjoyed what I have played so far.

I also noticed there were demos on the disc. If you go to the XMB dash, you should see them under the resistance 3 launcher.[/QUOTE]

What demos?

For those that are playing this- is there a chapter select or a new game +?

I remember the older games would unlock different weapons and stuff on the 2nd playthrough.

There's another massive patch. Version 1.02 is 676 MB. Seriously...just how broken was the multiplayer? They should have had the beta much earlier to address these problems instead of sticking players with these long downloads.

[quote name='Blackout']There's another massive patch. Version 1.02 is 676 MB. Seriously...just how broken was the multiplayer? They should have had the beta much earlier to address these problems instead of sticking players with these long downloads.[/QUOTE]

What the hell, are you on 56k??? The day-one launch patch took me literally 5-7mins. And no, I do not pay an "assload" of money a month for my internet. $20 to be exact actually.

anyway, I really wish they didn't take out the alternating co-op mode. That was wayyy more fun than the player vs. player they stuck with.

It took me 45 minutes for each patch. On my old internet I had a few months ago it would have taken me probably 8-10 hours. I'm not even kidding.

Last night's patch took me long time to download. I have a decent connection too (FiOS). I hope this is the last of the mega patches. They are very annoying.

That said, I am on ch. 10 and so far the SP has been amazing. I am still bummed about them removing the co-op from R2 but the SP seems like the best of the series so far.

[quote name='doubledown']What demos?[/QUOTE]
Nothing spectacular. Infamous 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, KZ3 and KZ3 3D.

[quote name='Darknyss']I am still bummed about them removing the co-op from R2 but the SP seems like the best of the series so far. [/QUOTE]

Yeah why did they take it out.....it prolonged R2's replay value by a lot, and it was fun! It was like another whole game.

I was playing R2 weeks before R3 came out and tons of people were playing the multiplayer co-op while the player vs player mode was a ghost town. It was impossible to find ranked matches.

[quote name='Kyoz']Yeah why did they take it out.....it prolonged R2's replay value by a lot, and it was fun! It was like another whole game.

I was playing R2 weeks before R3 came out and tons of people were playing the multiplayer co-op while the player vs player mode was a ghost town. It was impossible to find ranked matches.[/QUOTE]
So they could polish the single-player and multiplayer as much as possible. Having all three (SP, MP, and Co-op) modes to work on stretched themselves a bit thin in R2 when it comes to polishing the game.

They should consider putting together a smallish team to make a PSN co-op game with expanded levels and features.

Anyone have any idea why R2's co-op was taken out in R3? I only bought R2, and the co-op was the only thing I played, it was so fun.

From reading the reviews of R2, it was one of the few things in the game that was universally praised by everyone.

But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it, just amputate it instead.

[quote name='IRHari']Anyone have any idea why R2's co-op was taken out in R3? I only bought R2, and the co-op was the only thing I played, it was so fun.

From reading the reviews of R2, it was one of the few things in the game that was universally praised by everyone.

But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it, just amputate it instead.[/QUOTE]
Look up one post.

[quote name='IRHari']Anyone have any idea why R2's co-op was taken out in R3? I only bought R2, and the co-op was the only thing I played, it was so fun.

But hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it, just amputate it instead.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing to buy that co-op feature as DLC?

How is the game so far? I sold my WWE All Stars for 20 dollars and I got a 20 dollar coupon, so I'm probably going to get this tonight.. but then again, I got other games to play.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They should consider putting together a smallish team to make a PSN co-op game with expanded levels and features.[/QUOTE]

I agree that a R2 co-op mode would extend the replayability of this game. I played it quite a few times myself, picking up about half the co-op trophies.

But instead of a separate co-op game, why not just add it to R3? It would probably only take a 650MB patch.

:whistle2:\"

Because then you're limiting the amount of people that you could play with by a great deal and a separate PSN game would get anybody that loved that mode in R2. More people would probably be willing to pay $15 for an expanded Resistance Co-op game than for that as a new mode in R3.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Because then you're limiting the amount of people that you could play with by a great deal and a separate PSN game would get anybody that loved that mode in R2. More people would probably be willing to pay $15 for an expanded Resistance Co-op game than for that as a new mode in R3.[/QUOTE]

My sarcasm = fail :whistle2:#

They are selling a $5 domination mode soon. I just started last nite, my wife and I are playing the co-op. It was good but nothing too astounding. I always love the secondary fire on all the weapons. We only got through ch3 and then after the fight for the mill, dean wouldnt talk to us or let us advance and we just ran around with nowhere to go. glitched. oh well, we turned it off and that was enough for the night. Shame there is no real co-op like R2, that was awesome. Medic/specops/soldier. oh wells. I will try mp but thank goodness there is no 10,000 kills. they will probly add mp trophies in upcoming patches aka uncharted and killzone games do. peace

Just got my Resistance 3 today and it won't work... I started it, then it said game has to install, then it froze at installing the trophies. Now when I launch the game it goes threw the move warnings then it freezes up. Any ideas?

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Just got my Resistance 3 today and it won't work... I started it, then it said game has to install, then it froze at installing the trophies. Now when I launch the game it goes threw the move warnings then it freezes up. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Try deleting all of R3's data and reinstall. Something fudged up during the install. If it happens again, maybe it's your system? :/

[quote name='Kyoz']Try deleting all of R3's data and reinstall. Something fudged up during the install. If it happens again, maybe it's your system? :/[/QUOTE]

Okay I did that and it's working now.

Anyone wanna do some co-op campaign? If so add my PSN ID: harleymandvdson

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting on this bad boy to go on sale at Gamestop for $40, or even $35 if I'm lucky. I have a $25 gift card set aside for it (yes I'm just that broke).

Spent over an hour trying to get the Juggler trophy, super annoying! But after some proper research you're suppose to poison, freeze, & burn ONE enemy only, 4 separate times. Most trophy guides have you try to do all 4 at a time but that's wrong.

All I need now is the two co-op trophies and a Brutal playthough for platinum. I'll do that after some Dead Island play time.

I'd love to go through the co-op campaign with someone! I'm fuze9 on PSN, and I do have a mic. Just got the game, hoping to play around with the move sharpshooter too.

I'm about 10 chapters in right now; so far I love it. The weapons are so much fun to play with, the gameplay varies a lot, and there's nice apocalyptic feel too. Using the PS move is great. The game did glitch out twice in the chapter where you're running after the guy with the power core. Once the map just disappeared and it looked like I was flying through the clouds and another time he wouldn't open the door so I had to restart, it didn't put me back at all though. A lot of fun so far.

Anyone interested in CAG nights? I just got a really fast new internet connection so I'm open to host.

[quote name='JMEPO'] Anyone interested in CAG nights? I just got a really fast new internet connection so I'm open to host.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. Wouldn't mind doing some co-op either.

[quote name='JMEPO']I'm about 10 chapters in right now; so far I love it. The weapons are so much fun to play with, the gameplay varies a lot, and there's nice apocalyptic feel too. Using the PS move is great. The game did glitch out twice in the chapter where you're running after the guy with the power core. Once the map just disappeared and it looked like I was flying through the clouds and another time he wouldn't open the door so I had to restart, it didn't put me back at all though. A lot of fun so far.

Anyone interested in CAG nights? I just got a really fast new internet connection so I'm open to host.[/QUOTE]I'm on Capter 12 right now. I didn't have any glitching out so far. I remember that power core stage well.

The story with Resistance is we had a guy (one of my best CAG friends) handle R1 and R2 nights. Unfortunately, he sort of disappeared (I talk to him elsewhere). I wish I could still do my game night managing, but I'm LOADED with crap keeping me busy all the time.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I'm down. Wouldn't mind doing some co-op either.[/QUOTE]I'll co-op with one of you two. I'm on Chapter 12 now.

Finished this last night- co-op'ed the whole thing with a friend online. It worked really well minus a hiccup that booted him from my game a few times during cut scenes.

did anyone preorder from bestbuy store? do u get the nathan hale DLC code in your email after u buy the game or do u get it in ur email on release day?

[quote name='trunks982']did anyone preorder from bestbuy store? do u get the nathan hale DLC code in your email after u buy the game or do u get it in ur email on release day?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered from BB in July and picked up the game on Saturday and have NOT receive my pre-order bonus code yet!

Playing through the single player campaign. Forget what chapter, but I've gone through the mines in the first chapter of the PA missions.

Does anyone else think the graphics are a little disappointing? I thought they weren't as crisp as other games and at first thought they looked a little cartoonish.

so can anyone tell me exactly what the purpose is of the psn pass when gamestop prints out one for you when you buy used. now youre just fucking over the people who rent and not the people who buy used (neither of which should get fucked anyway)

I finally beat single player. Very awesome, favorite Resistance single player, although I loved R2 a lot.
[quote name='cheapfrag']
Does anyone else think the graphics are a little disappointing? I thought they weren't as crisp as other games and at first thought they looked a little cartoonish.[/QUOTE]I fully disagree. Best graphics in a Resistance by far.

I have one of those Best Buy pre order codes if someone didnt get theirs due to the issue that BB had handing them out. I forgot i even preordered the game and didnt pick it up. I assume I can go back and get my $5 back still? PM me if interested in the code.

Anyone else having freezing issues. I got to the St. Louis level and it just gives a loading screen. I tried to delete the game data, took to long and it got corrupted. So, I'm trying again and will see how it goes.

Anyone still playing this and want to co-op? I'm looking to get the two co-op trophies and probably do a Superhuman playthrough.

bread's done
Back