Resistance 3 - Insomniac's Resurgence - 12/6: Co-op Returns w/Brutality Pack - $2.99

Move and 3D support confirmed at the Insomniac Community Day:

266741415.jpg

I was kind of excited for R3 but now that i see it uses the move i will probably wait till its about 20 bucks. I'm not that excited to play games online against a bunch of people basically using frag fx's. Thats one of the main reasons i passed on KZ3 but i am sure R3 will come out better.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I was kind of excited for R3 but now that i see it uses the move i will probably wait till its about 20 bucks. I'm not that excited to play games online against a bunch of people basically using frag fx's. Thats one of the main reasons i passed on KZ3 but i am sure R3 will come out better.[/QUOTE]

So just because they put another option in there you're not excited about it anymore. Makes no sense, its not like they make you use the move

I am thinking while someone is struggling to get headshots with a dualshock 3 another kid is and inch away from the tv easily pointing the move at the head for the killshot. Say your playing duckhunt, the dualshock is like a normal person playing from a normal distance with the gun, and the move is like a 2 year old with the gun touching the screen getting easy kill shots off. Thats what is seems like it would be to me but thats just my opinion. I have never used the move so i might be wrong but i don't think so after someone has a bunch of practice with the move.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I am thinking while someone is struggling to get headshots with a dualshock 3 another kid is and inch away from the tv easily pointing the move at the head for the killshot. Say your playing duckhunt, the dualshock is like a normal person playing from a normal distance with the gun, and the move is like a 2 year old with the gun touching the screen getting easy kill shots off. Thats what is seems like it would be to me but thats just my opinion. I have never used the move so i might be wrong but i don't think so after someone has a bunch of practice with the move.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

No, headshots are not easier with Move, it's not a simple point to the screen and click like "Duck Hunt." If you change the distant or position by significant amount, the camera and Move calibration is off.

The Move makes shooter games more "natural." The gun is heavier as you're supposed to feel (like playing paintball or BB gun skirmishes). Firing the gun is a totally different experience from pressing R2 button (or the trigger button on the Xbox controller).

Move enabled shooters are a bonus, it doesn't bother the DS3 preferred players (why should it?) and at the same time it allows Move players to experience the game in a different way. Like 3D feature, you don't have to use it, but it's there if you want to experience it (no additional cost is the key).

[quote name='Mr. 420']Blah, blah, blah. I am sure that i person playing with the move can get headshots easier Doofus.[/QUOTE]

You obviously have never used the Move before in a shooter. It's a whole new learning curve that takes a long time just to get back to square-one. Its like using a T.E. stick in a fighting game. The potential is there, but are you willing to put in the time and effort?

[quote name='wrencrest']Resistance 1 was the first game I played on PS3 and the first game I ever played in HD as well, so I will always remember how in awe I was of the game. I loved every minute of it. But I tried playing through 2 and never finished becase I kept dying and the gameplay was too trial and error for my liking. I am just an average shooter player anyway, so much of that may be my fault, but did anyone else feel R2 was much harder and do we know if R3 will be the same?[/QUOTE]

I had the same experience with R1. But R1 had a good story, but a great vehicle for telling the story. I loved how the story was told by the Brit intel officer, who was peicing the events of Hale's last days, yet you were playing as Hale, and the mystery was unraveling. Being my first HD experience helped too. One of my favourite shooters ever.

R2, they did away with that method of story telling. The game used a traditional story telling method, and I don't even remember the story it was so bland. The huge enemies were cool. I played it right after KZ2, so the graphics felt sub par.

Becuase of R1, I still have high hopes for R3.

Yeah I really like it. I wish they'd do something about that stupid PS Move banner though. At least make it in line with "only on Playstation" part

edit: We don't need all those stupid logos at the bottom either

There are a lot of logos at the bottom, but it's all red so it's not like the logos are covering anything up.

I like the coverart though, it's not going to do any favors in getting more sales though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah I really like it. I wish they'd do something about that stupid PS Move banner though. At least make it in line with "only on Playstation" part

edit: We don't need all those stupid logos at the bottom either[/QUOTE]

Agreed why can't they try to put some on the back or make it smaller

[quote name='JG5253']Agreed why can't they try to put some on the back or make it smaller[/QUOTE]
Because they're trying way to hard to market something they shouldn't have even bothered with. 3D and motion controls need to hurry up and die off.

full body control needs to hurry up. I can't wait to pretend I am really boxing and really playing baseball... but to be honest the moment Japan (because we all know it will be Japan) makes a full motion control sex game I am done.

But to keep relevance I really hope the trophies are not near impossible like the second one.

[quote name='bjstucker']full body control needs to hurry up. I can't wait to pretend I am really boxing and really playing baseball... but to be honest the moment Japan (because we all know it will be Japan) makes a full motion control sex game I am done.

But to keep relevance I really hope the trophies are not near impossible like the second one.[/QUOTE]

Kinect is close enough.

Does Kinect have a boxing game? Because it should.

[quote name='whoknows']Kinect is close enough.

Does Kinect have a boxing game? Because it should.[/QUOTE]

It does but it is horrible isn't 1:1 motion

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...bonuses-hale-returns-srpa-black-ops-and-more/

Pre-order bonuses revealed:
Do you like burning Chimera to a crisp with Air Fuel Grenades? Maybe you want to play as Nathan Hale on the Chimeran battlefield? Or perhaps you’d rather wear Chimera teeth as a war trophy? If so, we’ve got something special for you. Today, we’re announcing the Resistance 3 pre-order program, offering unique packages and bonuses to customize your Resistance 3 experience when it launches this fall Here’s the full rundown:

GameStop

Joseph Capelli wears a necklace of Chimeran teeth during Resistance 3. Show that you are the resistance with this authentic replica that symbolizes the battle against the Chimera.

Pre-ordering at GameStop grants access to a unique multiplayer booster, which allows you to start Resistance 3 multiplayer at Level 5. This also offers immediate flexibility and character customization options from the moment you begin the online competitive game.

Wal-Mart

Show off your Resistance 3 fandom in competitive online play with this pre-order package that offers a special set of five custom name titles, including Sentinel. The Sentinels are an elite group of soldiers in Resistance, and the only way to obtain these exclusive multiplayer PSN tags is by pre-ordering at Wal-Mart.

Amazon

The No. 60 Air Fuel Grenade has been issued for combating Chimera in tight spaces commonly found in urban conflicts. The grenade will adhere to almost any surface, biological or otherwise, and deploy a cloud of flammable vapor. Once released, the cloud ignites, creating a massive explosion.

This fan favorite grenade makes a special return to the single-player campaign of Resistance 3 – but only for those who pre-order from Amazon.

Best Buy

Lt. Nathan Hale skipped his viral inhibitor treatments in the final hours of Resistance 2 in order to continue the fight against the Chimera. Play as him in his final hours with this special multiplayer skin, letting you bring Hale to the battlefields of Resistance 3.

Love a good victory dance after a win? Show off your skills by using a special Best Buy exclusive ability in multiplayer to taunt your fallen enemies. Only the most skilled players can forsake another ability in order to taunt their enemies.

Related to Resistance, the two earlier games are going to be released in a pack for 39.99 and come with a bonus skin for Resistance 3. Pretty sweet since I have not played the first two yet.

If the new box art for Resistance 3 has you all hot and bothered but you've never played one of developer Insomniac Games' shooters before, Sony has your number. A new Resistance Greatest Hits entrant is coming, and it's packing Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.

An insert packed with the Battle: Los Angeles Blu-ray -- a disc that contains a demo for Resistance 3 --advertises the "Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack" and says the combo will include $10 worth of bonus content as well as an exclusive Resistance 3 skin. The flier goes on to say that the Resistance Greatest Hits pack will be out this summer for $39.99.

Sony has yet to respond to an IGN email, so no word on UK or AU releases.

resistance-and-resistance-2-get-bundled-20110523085547834.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169894p1.html?RSSwhen2011-05-23_085600&RSSid=1169894

[quote name='FroMann']Related to Resistance, the two earlier games are going to be released in a pack for 39.99 and come with a bonus skin for Resistance 3. Pretty sweet since I have not played the first two yet.

resistance-and-resistance-2-get-bundled-20110523085547834.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169894p1.html?RSSwhen2011-05-23_085600&RSSid=1169894[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this will bring more players to R:FOM. That multiplayer was just awesome for its time. I played that game forever. I had to finally stop when Bad Company came out.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']I wonder if this will bring more players to R:FOM. That multiplayer was just awesome for its time. I played that game forever. I had to finally stop when Bad Company came out.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Probably my favorite online shooter of all time. Absolutely stellar.

[quote name='whoknows']Do people still play the first one online? That would be impressive if it was still sort of active.[/QUOTE]

I gave the game to my nephew after he got his PS3 and then I had to get a new PS3, so my game data is gone. It would be quite impressive, though. The game is a lot of fun if you have never tried it out.

can the beta code that came with socom 4 be shared with other people? i was at gamestop and saw they had socom 4 used, so i opened it up and saw that there was an unused beta code, so i took it. lol.

[quote name='8bitArtist']can the beta code that came with socom 4 be shared with other people? i was at gamestop and saw they had socom 4 used, so i opened it up and saw that there was an unused beta code, so i took it. lol.[/QUOTE]

Was the code still active. I always leave the codes in the package even if I use it.

the code isnt scratched off(or should i say, peeled off). so there is no way its used. plus you wouldnt be able to redeem it until the beta launches.

[quote name='8bitArtist']surprised no one has mentioned the "psn pass" this game will have.[/QUOTE]
It'll only effect those that buy it used. Sounds like most people on this thread will be buying new. Personally, I'm going to wait a month for when it drops to $40 for a sale price.:D

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/r...sistance-3-39-s-first-30-minutes-with-us.aspx

Game Informer had some guys from Insomniac show off the first 30 minutes of the game. So yeah, spoilers.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/14/resistance-3-dev-diary-cold-new-world/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ev-diary-enemies-and-artificial-intelligence/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/12/resistance-3-full-circle-dev-diary/

Insomniac's also been doing a number of Developer Diary posts on Resistance 3 that are quite good if you want to see some behind-the-scenes stuff.

They've also been putting up Resistance 3 Lab videos on Youtube to show off some of the weapons and abilities in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htTgQ1RNFvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc094FXy9c4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXNkBuardwU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyOsZB0qTtA

http://www.insomniacgames.com/update-on-resistance-3-beta/

This is important, as many of you are holding early access vouchers to the public beta from SOCOM 4. The public beta is tentatively scheduled to begin in early August for those who got Early Access vouchers from specially-marked copies of SOCOM 4 in North America and for PlayStation Plus subscribers in SCEE territories.

I watched the walkthrough of the first 30 minutes and I'm more interested in it now than from any of the demos at and since E3. I was surprised to find out that they have a Ratchet-style weapon upgrade system with two upgrades for every weapon to encourage using more of the arsenal than you would in a typical FPS.

Just to let you guys know, my website posts active Resistance updates. From Res 1-3 and Community base from MyResistance.net

Anyways, I'm still pissed off that US will not have a LE edition other than the Doomsday / 3D TV bundle. - - Might have to import one then use a EU account to redeem code.

I'm sure the story will be cool and all but if i were to spend 60 bucks on a shooter to play online its gonna be bioshock 3 or possibly even battlefield 3. Guns with shields are never cool, neither are weapons where you don't have to aim to hit people, grenades that have a 50 yard damage radius suck, and automatic snipers with aim assist blow. Only reason i even liked resistance 2 online was because it was the first online game l had ever played other than mariokart, and GTA 4.

bread's done
Back