Resistance 3 - Insomniac's Resurgence - 12/6: Co-op Returns w/Brutality Pack - $2.99

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone still playing this and want to co-op? I'm looking to get the two co-op trophies and probably do a Superhuman playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. My PSN is NYJets032.

For someone who doesn't really play much multiplayer, but is a fan of the single player storyline and atmosphere of both of the first two games (especially that whole alternate history WWII world that the games set up), is this worth picking up?

[quote name='monash65']For someone who doesn't really play much multiplayer, but is a fan of the single player storyline and atmosphere of both of the first two games (especially that whole alternate history WWII world that the games set up), is this worth picking up?[/QUOTE]

The campaign is great, probably one of the best this gen. Don't expect any questions from the first two games to be answered. Also, don't even bother with the multiplayer because it's a broken piece of crap even after four patches. Avoid the MP at all costs. I would just wait for the game to go cheap.

I gotta say, wasn't that big on this game at first, but damn its getting good. I strongly reccomend everyone to pick up the double pack 1/2 and 3 ...... resistance is a PS3 shiner.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I played a few hours of the MP last night and it was perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

It's been broken since launch for many people. 1.04 didn't do anything for me. Massive lag, framerate issues, terrible matchmaking (rookie players all against high ranks, games starting 7 vs. 2, etc, etc). It's unplayable for me. The high-level perks really ruin the game, because all people do in objective games is throw down turrets around the important areas that kill you in one second. In almost every single game I've been in there's always somebody abusing the Wildfire, massively spamming it, which also slows down the game.

Lol at turrets and shields. The game probably still has aim assisted automatic snipers too huh? Sounds like a joke of a multiplayer.

[quote name='Blackout']It's been broken since launch for many people. 1.04 didn't do anything for me. Massive lag, framerate issues, terrible matchmaking (rookie players all against high ranks, games starting 7 vs. 2, etc, etc). It's unplayable for me. The high-level perks really ruin the game, because all people do in objective games is throw down turrets around the important areas that kill you in one second. In almost every single game I've been in there's always somebody abusing the Wildfire, massively spamming it, which also slows down the game.[/QUOTE]
I can't say I've had any issues like that since I started playing this weekend, so I'm providing a counter point to the notion that it's broken.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can't say I've had any issues like that since I started playing this weekend, so I'm providing a counter point to the notion that it's broken.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. Hopefully in the next few patches it's ironed out across the board. I won't be playing though. Insomniac really should have delayed the game.

The Survival DLC Pack will be out today when the PS Store updates for $3.99:
Hey folks! We’re excited to announce the release of the Resistance 3 Survival DLC pack today on the PlayStation Store for $3.99. First and foremost, the Survival DLC pack brings you a new game mode for multiplayer called Invasion. The Invasion mode forces Human and Chimeran teams to divide their resources with the goal of holding multiple control nodes on the map simultaneously. The more nodes your team holds, the faster you score points – and thus, achieve victory. There is a lot of deep strategy in determining which nodes to attack, as well as how many players should hang back to defend your nodes while retaining enough offensive force to successfully attack enemy nodes. We hope you enjoy it!

That’s not all though – the Survival DLC pack includes special multiplayer skins of some of the major survivors from the game: Herbert, Jonathan, Jean, and Charlie. You’ll also get a bonus Resistance 3 Survivor Concept Art Static XMB Theme.

It’s been just over a month since we launched Resistance 3, and we hope that you’ve gotten the chance to jump online and experience the game’s multiplayer and start experimenting with the wide range of loadout options, customizing them to your own play style. Over the course of development, the team at Insomniac has obviously logged countless online hours; in the process, we’ve created some tailored loadouts that we think are pretty effective. We wanted to share our favorites with you, so check out the video below as members of the Insomniac team, including Ted Price and Marcus Smith, walk you through their “go-to” multiplayer loadouts.

We are also working on another patch to continue to address issues. When we release this 1.05 patch, we will be including two brand-new maps for all players, the Creek and the Granary. To keep up with the latest news on the 1.05 patch, its fixes, and the new maps, please Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or join the conversation at the MyResistance.net forums.

We hope to see you online in Invasion Mode! And keep an eye out for the announcement of our next DLC pack soon.
It's nice to see some free DLC coming with the next patch to try to make up for the issues.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/06/resistance-3-gets-co-op-brutality-pack-mastodon-today/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjvy1EWkyo
On behalf of everyone at Insomniac Games and Sony I’m very excited to announce Resistance 3’s Brutality Pack, available today for download from the PlayStation Store! This new DLC, priced at $3.99, features a vicious survival mode where you face off against an army of ravenous Grims as they try to take you and your friends down. And yup, it’s co-op – both online and offline. Plus, you get a special Mick Cutler skin AND the sledgehammer unlocked for all of the game’s modes, as well as a special Warden Static PS3 Theme.

But what has me most stoked personally is that the Brutality Pack fittingly features the music of the incomparable, Grammy nominated, Mastodon. We’re featuring seven tracks, including three songs from their just-released album The Hunter, two instrumental versions of Blood Mountain tracks and two special bonus songs from the deluxe version of The Hunter. Check out the brand new trailer that we’re releasing today to see the new gameplay mode in action set to one of Mastodon’s latest singles, “Spectrelight”.

bread's done
Back