Retail Employee Stories Part 6: The Life & Tragedies Of GrilledWitOnions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sonderiaom']So I walk away and go to break to cool down from the idiot. I come back and the guy is gone, and 10 minutes later one of the supervisors comes over and wants to chat to me. He starts to tell me that this guy got pissed that I walked away from him when I went to go get the coworker and that he may write a complaint that'd go on my record.[/quote]

So your manager would essentially penalize you on the word of an uninformed, antisocial idiot without getting your side of it? GET. OUT. NOW.

[quote name='neocisco']So your manager would essentially penalize you on the word of an uninformed, antisocial idiot without getting your side of it? GET. OUT. NOW.[/quote]

Sometimes it is just company policy to put complaints on employee's records I guess if they don't trust managers or don't want any complaints of favoritism or discrimination if it is left to the manager's discretion. I know sometimes I don't trust managers to take care of the problem - especially at game stores since sometimes they are trying to be all buddy buddy with the employees.

EDIT:

This reminded me of my horrible Gamerush experience. A few years ago GR had a huge clearance on their GBA games. having just bought a DS I decided to stock up and went around town to all the GR buying a whole bunch of games at 3.99. Some of the stores were already cleaned out but I basically picked up all I could find on the list assuming they honored their refund policy and I could research the good ones after I got home. I get home - research the ones that had good reviews and returned the ones that I didn't want for whatever reason (some were 7.99 and the CAG in me found them too expensive!). I figured someone else could take advantage of the great prices. I get to GR and the employee starts giving me a hard time. He asks me why I am returning them, I told him I didn't want them. Asked me why they were opened! - GR opened them to display them! He then tried to BS me by telling me I had to go to the store I bought it for a refund. I called him on the BS and told him the refund policy did not state it, I was well within the 7 day period and I just wanted to return them. This was all done in a very nice and polite manner. He finally refunds but not without complaining and huffing and puffing. I get my refund and then I notice a DDR game that I saw on the clearance list. I asked him to see it and - HE REFUSED TO LET ME SEE IT!

Yep, this guy refused to let me see, refused to check the price, and REFUSED TO LET ME BUY IT. He said he didn't want me returning it if I didn't want it and that he was going to put a ban on my account not allowing me to BUY ANYTHING FROM GR ANYMORE!

I just looked at him in disbelief and I even thought for a second he was just joking - but I realized he indeed was not joking! Wow. So I leave and call the DM - I did not want to talk to the store manager because I knew he was all buddy buddy with his employees and would side with them. When I lodged my complaint it was funny because even the operator asked me "so you said this all like your talking to me? You are extremely calm!" as I rarely get upset with employees or get angry and express it. I finally receive a call from the store manager who was told by his DM to handle this - he asks me to come in and talk about it. I tell him the situation and I end up a little upset because the game I wanted had sold in the meantime! To his credit the guy was extremely nice and personable - he gave me one of those 12 month rental coupon sheets they offer with new console purchases and offered me a nice discount on anything I bought in the future (one item) so I left happy with the CS but still amazed at the employee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me: Thanks for choosing Pizza Hut. How may I help you?
Idiot: I'd like that new philly cheese steak pizza.
Me: I'm sorry, I'm afraid you have us confused with one of our competitors.
Idiot: Oh. Well, what are your specials?
Me: We have blah, blah, blah...
Idiot: Oh. Uh, do you know who sells that philly cheese steak pizza?
Me: (not feeling very helpful at this point, I give her a curtly...) I don't know.
Idiot: If you're going to be rude I'm not ordering from you. *hangs up*

I was sitting on a CC gift card waiting for the Bourne trilogy on BR. No go and no website so I drive to the nearest CC still open, 55 miles away to use it up. There are 2 registers open with one line, each time a register opens the next person goes to that one. I find some things and I'm checking out at the register. While I'm doing this I see a voluminous, obnoxious woman wedge her way in behind me. A couple of the people waiting in line pointed out the set up to her. She responds with "too bad, you should have been in line". I turn around to the woman and tell her that she's going to go to back of the line and wait just like everyone else because I'm not moving until she does. I'm 6'1", 204 lbs., I've let my beard grow in, jet black, I have a knit cap pulled down to my eyes and I didn't look pleased. She just shut her cake hole and went to the back of the line. Several people waiting made a point to say thank you to me. Score one for the good guys.

I see that all the time since where I work it is set up the same way. In addition, Costco's food court is the same way. Multiple registers, 1 line and you go to the next open register. Some guy cuts the entire line and starts to argue with half the line about there are 2 lines and he is just going to an open line. After a few minutes of arguing, he finally went to the back of the line.

[quote name='neocisco']I was sitting on a CC gift card waiting for the Bourne trilogy on BR. No go and no website so I drive to the nearest CC still open, 55 miles away to use it up. There are 2 registers open with one line, each time a register opens the next person goes to that one. I find some things and I'm checking out at the register. While I'm doing this I see a voluminous, obnoxious woman wedge her way in behind me. A couple of the people waiting in line pointed out the set up to her. She responds with "too bad, you should have been in line". I turn around to the woman and tell her that she's going to go to back of the line and wait just like everyone else because I'm not moving until she does. I'm 6'1", 204 lbs., I've let my beard grow in, jet black, I have a knit cap pulled down to my eyes and I didn't look pleased. She just shut her cake hole and went to the back of the line. Several people waiting made a point to say thank you to me. Score one for the good guys.[/quote]

:applause:

This is one of my favorite threads.. you guys should update more often! I guess I can talk a little bit about my job except it's not in retail, it's health care. Anyway, I'm a patient transporter at a hospital. I take patients wherever they need to go, appointments, tests, offices, unit rooms, etc. Not the best job but they work around my school schedule so I deal with it. I thought about this the other day, I see people when they're sick, naked, covered in shit and vomit, and unfortunately, usually completely conscious and embarrassed. Basically, at their most vulnerable. Most of the day they deal with doctors and nurses.. a lot of whom I know first hand are rude. So, it's cool that just by talking to these people when they need someone to listen and assure them that things will be ok, I can make a small difference in their lives.

Of course I deal with my share of idiots. This one hispanic bitch has been admitted like 3 times in the past month. She's completely rude. She talks on her cell phone when people are talking to her, she's condescending, and she constantly complains.. about everything. Her husband appears to be her lap dog. What pisses me off most about her is that she actually brings her own stupid green Kermit the frog blanket each time she's re-admitted. It's a hospital lady... we have blankets. Everyone hates her and kind of treats her like shit. She tries to get me on her side when she talks shit about others, but I just smile and nod.. and pray she never comes back.

MY brother used to have a job similar to yours, Phrostbyte. He could probably have his own thread with all of the stories he's told. His worst one was when he was driving a patient and his coworker was supposed to be watching them. The patient had some mental issues. Anyway, he wasn't fastened into the van like he was supposed to be (the other guy's responsibility, my brother was just the driver). He got loose in the back of the van and while they were going down an on ramp to the interstate he jumped out of the back and ended up dying due to his injuries. Lawsuits followed against both the company and my brother but he was cleared of any negligence.

[quote name='PhrostByte']:applause:

This is one of my favorite threads.. you guys should update more often! I guess I can talk a little bit about my job except it's not in retail, it's health care. Anyway, I'm a patient transporter at a hospital. I take patients wherever they need to go, appointments, tests, offices, unit rooms, etc. Not the best job but they work around my school schedule so I deal with it. I thought about this the other day, I see people when they're sick, naked, covered in shit and vomit, and unfortunately, usually completely conscious and embarrassed. Basically, at their most vulnerable. Most of the day they deal with doctors and nurses.. a lot of whom I know first hand are rude. So, it's cool that just by talking to these people when they need someone to listen and assure them that things will be ok, I can make a small difference in their lives.

Of course I deal with my share of idiots. This one hispanic bitch has been admitted like 3 times in the past month. She's completely rude. She talks on her cell phone when people are talking to her, she's condescending, and she constantly complains.. about everything. Her husband appears to be her lap dog. What pisses me off most about her is that she actually brings her own stupid green Kermit the frog blanket each time she's re-admitted. It's a hospital lady... we have blankets. Everyone hates her and kind of treats her like shit. She tries to get me on her side when she talks shit about others, but I just smile and nod.. and pray she never comes back.[/quote]

I gotta ask - what's the point of pointing out she was "hispanic" seems to have no bearing on your story and that's the only description you feel is necessary?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I gotta ask - what's the point of pointing out she was "hispanic" seems to have no bearing on your story and that's the only description you feel is necessary?[/quote]
to give a description of the person?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I gotta ask - what's the point of pointing out she was "hispanic" seems to have no bearing on your story and that's the only description you feel is necessary?[/quote]

He's racist. There you go.

Give it a rest man. She's hispanic. He's giving us a description of her. What if he called her a white woman? Would you be offended by that too?

[quote name='neocisco']MY brother used to have a job similar to yours, Phrostbyte. He could probably have his own thread with all of the stories he's told. His worst one was when he was driving a patient and his coworker was supposed to be watching them. The patient had some mental issues. Anyway, he wasn't fastened into the van like he was supposed to be (the other guy's responsibility, my brother was just the driver). He got loose in the back of the van and while they were going down an on ramp to the interstate he jumped out of the back and ended up dying due to his injuries. Lawsuits followed against both the company and my brother but he was cleared of any negligence.[/quote]

That's just plain awful. Other guy should've gotten sued not your brother.

I'm prejudice towards hispanics. :lol:

[quote name='neocisco']MY brother used to have a job similar to yours, Phrostbyte. He could probably have his own thread with all of the stories he's told. His worst one was when he was driving a patient and his coworker was supposed to be watching them. The patient had some mental issues. Anyway, he wasn't fastened into the van like he was supposed to be (the other guy's responsibility, my brother was just the driver). He got loose in the back of the van and while they were going down an on ramp to the interstate he jumped out of the back and ended up dying due to his injuries. Lawsuits followed against both the company and my brother but he was cleared of any negligence.[/quote]

That's nuts man.. so far the only situations I've had happen that were even in that ball park were: 2 people seizing and 1 with trouble breathing.

I see most people here are insensitive jerks when it comes to race - yes I would be offended if he called her a white woman - any intelligent person would find better and more useful ways to describe a person - if indeed a description was even necessary.

Oh.. you're one of "those" people huh? :lol:Anyway, that hispanic bitch was back again tonight.. she waved at me and wanted me to come over. I told her I couldn't since I was in the middle of something. I had to help her out later that night though.. she made so many time consuming requests.. god.. I know how you retail people feel when you have to try your hardest to still be nice to the customer/consumer/patient/whatever.

I was standing in line buying some stuff at my local Wal-Mart the other day, and there was this beautiful girl in front of me checking out. The cashier is some "wankster" wannabe who thinks he is gods gift to women. He proceeds to hit on the girl, and mentions how he can rock her world blah blah...

well long story short he finally asks the girl for her number. The girl was in the process of finishing up her transaction on the pin pad, and responded with something along the lines of

"normally I am a very nice girl, and hate to say no to people, but for you I will make an exception", then just walked away with her purchase. The asshole cashier just kept mumbling some jibberish the whole time I was checking out afterwards. Then when I mentioned I wanted to pay with a debit card, he said to me "slide the card homie". So I slid my card, finished and walked out. However as I was walking out I just couldn't help but wonder who the hell hires these idiots. I know not everyone who works at Wal-Mart or retail stores are idiots, but the ones that are just makes you wonder if the people who do the hiring are just as dumb. I am surprise this guy has not been fired yet, if he harasses customers like this or talks unprofessionally to them by calling them slang names.

[quote name='tenzor'] I am surprise this guy has not been fired yet, if he harasses customers like this or talks unprofessionally to them by calling them slang names.[/QUOTE]

It's quite simple, really- she left. And you left. And neither of you talked to a manager. They don't watch the employees 100% of the time, so if no one reports a problem, no one knows there is one. You probably wouldn't have had much impact (calling a customer 'homie', while dumb, is obviously not intended to be insulting), but she could've gotten him written up in all likelyhood.

This thread is hilarious, I joined this site just for this thread alone. Anyways, I work at a golf store in Canada and have many untapped stories of customer idiocy.

------------------------------------------------------
This happened yesterday between one of our cashiers and a "crusty custy". To give some background information, every January and February we have a 2 for 1 grip sale, which states 2 for 1 on regular priced grips. Now what we do is we mark each grip that is one sale with a sale sticker listing the "new" 2 for 1 price, i.e 50% off regular retail. We mention to the customer at least once that that red sticker is indeed the sale price (so if a grip in December was $11.99 each, it is now marked down to $6.00 on a red sticker, follow?). Also we charge a $1 "labour charge" to put each grip on, which nobody seems to care about, again something we mention 99.98% of the time a customer comes in for this sale. In addition, the charge is also clearly marked on the flyer/e-mail, and we have a sign up alerting customers to this.

Cashier: Ok sir, your total is $80-something with tax.
CC: What!?!? I thought the grips were half off?
Me: They are sir, the red price tag is the already 50% reduced price. *walks away*
Assistant Manager: Yes, sir, the prices are reduced 50% off, the grip you chose is now $5.00, plus a dollar installation per grip, and you have your X amount of clubs, so this equals that plus the tax equals your total.
CC: Well I thought since I was a leaderboard member (sidenote: a free membership, ANYONE can join as long as they have an address or e-mail account) that I was getting some sort of extra deal! This is garbage! Why am I even a member if I get the same treatment as the general public?
AM: Sir, the membership is free, anyone can join. In addition, you get three weeks advance notice on the grip sale to get the best selection of grips, AND every month your name is automatically entered into a draw to win a $500 gift card.
CC: This is stupid, here's your money.
Cashier: Have a nice day!
--------------------------------------------------

This happened last year, yet again, during the grip sale.

AM *ringing customers out as it was busy*: Alright your total is X amount.
CC: Ok, credit.
AM: *hands over the receipt, customer stops dead in their tracks*
CC: Why was I charged so much? I thought they were 2 for 1?
AM: They are sir, here is the grip total *points* and here is the labour charge which is $1 a grip *points*.
CC: I was never told about a labour charge? This is BS!
AM: Sir, it is on the e-mail/flyer you recieve, it is posted on a big sign at the club repair area, and we alert the customer to the charge as well before they choose a grip.
CC: I never saw anything! This is a ripoff! I was never told! *rant, rant*
AM: Alright, here, let me refund you the labour charge.
CC: I DON'T WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF IT!!! YOU SHOULD MAKE IT EASIER FOR CUSTOMERS TO READ THIS CHARGE!!! *Storms out*

-------------------------------------------------
This happened 2 years ago during the Christmas rush. It happened to a fellow employee, not myself.

Employee: Hi ma'am, how are you? ANything we can help you with?
CC: Yes. My daughter wants to buy one of those golf-themed mice for the computer. Can you show me where they are?
E: Ok, right this way. They are $22.95 each.
CC: Ok, *asks random questions*. We'll think about.
Customer standing near our Employee: Oh! That mouse is cool, I'll take one.
E: Alright here you go, last one. *note: important*
CC: Hi Peter, we decided we want that mouse.
E: Erhm, we literally just sold it 2 minutes ago, Sorry.
CC: WHAT!!!! I TOLD YOU I WANTED THAT MOUSE AND TO HOLD IT!!!! *note: never mentioned until now* YOU RIPPED THAT MOUSE RIGHT OUT OF MY OWN DAUGHTERS HAND, THIS STORE IS DISGUSTING!!!
E: I'm sorry ma'am but I just noticed someone returned one of these mice, we now have one, would you like me to get it for you. Again, sorry for the inconvience.
CC: NO I DON'T WANT THAT MOUSE!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE A STORE WOULD RIP A PRODUCT OUT OF A YOUNG GIRLS HAND!!! COME ON LET'S GO!!!! *Storms out with daughter in tow*
E:....but ma'm we have one for you...

More to come!!

Welcome to CAG.

[quote name='P00PONABuN']
This happened yesterday between one of our cashiers and a "crusty custy". To give some background information, every January and February we have a 2 for 1 grip sale, which states 2 for 1 on regular priced grips. Now what we do is we mark each grip that is one sale with a sale sticker listing the "new" 2 for 1 price, i.e 50% off regular retail. We mention to the customer at least once that that red sticker is indeed the sale price (so if a grip in December was $11.99 each, it is now marked down to $6.00 on a red sticker, follow?).[/quote]

In defense of the customers, that is a confusing policy.

[quote name='darkslime']That made me ROFL. :applause:[/quote]
I recommend seeing the entire musical, even if it's a crappy camcorder video from someone who apparently has frequent seizures. :lol: The soundtrack is a lot easier to get, though.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Welcome to CAG.

In defense of the customers, that is a confusing policy.[/quote]

I agree. I am in the camp that believes the grips should be left as full price with a 2 for 1 sign at the front of the counter. Alternatively, the ad could be 50% off grips, and then add the red sticker and claim that that is now the sale price. I think that should clear things up a little more and thanks for the welcome-wagon.

Here are some random stories that occured while working golf retail.

Me: How are you today sir?
Old, Crotchety Man: *stares at me, raises his eyebrow. Says nothing and keeps walking*
Me: Ok...
---------------------
Me: Did you want to try that out in the simulator, sir?
Big, Angry Man: I'M BRINGING IT IN, CHRIS!!! *coupled with headshake and stare*
Me: *in head* Jesus...sorry!

It was a feasible question as the club he apparently owned was identical to the ones we had on display. He was also lurking near them for a moment.
----------------------
On Boxing Day (Day after Christmas...it is like the American Black Friday with the deals and long lines) 2 years ago. The store was packed and we had a literal bum come into the store, and smile at me. After this he made a move like he was firing a shotgun to the back of the store and proceeded to hand out those cards that deaf people give you. My manager quickly kicked him out.
-----------------------
Another older man (I'd say 50's) used to ride his crappy green bike around our parking lot and proceed to ask customers for spare change. He did this for almost a month before someone actually told us that he hit her up for change. We finally threatened to call the cops and he quickly vanished never to be seen again.
------------------------
Lastly, the endless stream of messages on our voice mail proclaiming how our mail system sucks balls. The customers rant and rave for three minutes and never bother to actually leave a phone number so you can help them through their problem. One lady called the day before Father's Day (to the golf industry this is like a second Christmas) and leave a message on our phone. She called back 2 hours later screaming and cursing saying that we did not in fact "return her call in a timely manner". The item she wanted checked? A $10 glove. It wasn't even like she wanted to make sure we had one in stock, she just wanted to check the price. I believe the glove she mentioned was in our flyer as it was a sale item, also as most people do now, she could have used our website...which is always updated and easy to navigate. I always try and answer the phone, but their are times when it is just impossible to do so. As everyone in this thread mainly realises, sometimes the packed store of customers who you may actually talk into a sale are more important than the mythical spender on the other end of the phone.

I currently work for Sykes Enterprises, which my call center does Customer Service work for ATT over the phone (yea, you know where this is going). So, ill list some of my stories from just this week, becasue it seems when my group and my friends moved from a "nesting" period this week, its like all the jerks and a'holes in the world call us directly. I do say after taking calls for the past 2 weeks, im starting to enjoy my job more, but like any customer service rep, you still get "those people".

Story one, from this past wendsday.

I get a call from someone about how he is "supposedly" is getting 2 months of free service on his ATT account and now has like 106 in charges. So i look up his info and do some digging, and come to find out, his 2 months are already used up. I go and inform the cust (which i cant think of his name right now, but ive got a nick name for him, which i will explain later) that his 2 months of free service is gone and he is paying for his current plan. He goes on this tangent about how the charges is inaccurate and how he just "refuses to pay" for these charges because, and i quote, "I am an educated bussiness man, i know how this bussness works" and blah blah blah. I get my manager and some help from people because after his tone, im not adjusting jack squat for this jerkoff. I get my manager on the phone, and after a minute with talking to this guy, she puts the mic on mute and starts yelling how hes a huge ass and everything. Its funny becasue, i was on this guy for 40 minutes before i had my manager over, and by then i wanted to rip this guys head off. So by then, we just transfer him to some department.

So as i writing my notes, my first instinct was i wrote " Cust was a huge DDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK", but then deleted that because i would have some backlash from ATT if they saw that and note that on me. So i just write how the cust was irate and stuff and left it at that. Then when i got outside, i kicked my rear bumper of my truck a few times, because my Chevy can take it.

Story two, and im getting warmed up now:

This happend the next day that evening (like the day before), and i get a guy who wanted me to troubleshoot his wife phone because she hasnt recived any calls and needs something that works in Detroit. So i call him later that evening to troubleshoot the problem, told him the problem might be the battary and could be his wife phone, which was a Palm. So then he says he needs a phone shipped to his house by the next day, and im like "Sir, i dont think ATT can do that", then he started this whole thing about how its unacceptible and all this stuff. So then i have him on hold and i tell my manager, which she said the same thing i did, it cant be done. So then i get her on the line (now, this is the same person who talked to the dick from the other night), so then she goes to transfer him to the ATT save team, because he is wanting to cancel his service because he cant get a phone the next day. But it gets better, withing a few minutes of the conversation between the save team rep and him, he is threatening to use legal action by calling the Attorney General of Michigan to sue ATT.

By then, my manager just released the call after listening to the two talk, and i got a kick out of that. What was funny is that i put in my notes saying that the cust "went into irate mode" and ended with "Though the cust valued my efforts, alas, it was all in vain".

Story 3, ... for now:

This is something that happend to my friend last night since he sits next to me, and he gets a person who cant verify his password. My friend is explaining that we dont give cust passwords, because that is a percaution ATT uses so others dont get in their accounts. This guy goes off literally yelling "VERIFY ME NOOOOOOOOW!!!!!", my friend is still "Sir, we cant do that". So he demands a manager with my friend going "Sir, if i -" "SUPERVISOR!!!!" because the guy just cuts him off. So then my friend gets one of our managers over, all he says is like 3 words and then doesnt say anything for 15 solid minutes, then starts by saying about how to get the password verified and changed if you take the information to a core store, then our manager doesnt say anything for 10 more minutes before he just literally releases the call. Then states ", that was a lot of F words" and just walked off.

So now, i have started a "wall of shame" of comics of people who call in and we just doodle on a sheet of paper and add their name down. As for the first guy i was talking about, i forgot his name, so i just put down "Major Dick" and draw him as a penis on the comic in a bussiness suit. Its just a great stress reliver for me and others, and I hope it grows in the call center sometime.

So, thats my story for now. Ive got plenty of others from the past few years, but im starting off with these. I hope you guys enjoy LOL...:applause::applause::D

dude take some pics of your wall of shame comics!

Kind of ironic how people argue about their phone bills when they call their phone company cause they could be getting charged for calling them, making the point moot lol

Well, if ATT cust call 611, they donte get charged, but if they calle the whole 1800 number they do.

Dont as me why, im just contracted to work for ATT and i do my best to help people...

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']Well, if ATT cust call 611, they donte get charged, but if they calle the whole 1800 number they do.

Dont as me why, im just contracted to work for ATT and i do my best to help people...[/quote]
prolly they call the 1 800 number so wow

[quote name='ZeonikFreak']
Story 3, ... for now:

This is something that happend to my friend last night since he sits next to me, and he gets a person who cant verify his password. My friend is explaining that we dont give cust passwords, because that is a percaution ATT uses so others dont get in their accounts. This guy goes off literally yelling "VERIFY ME NOOOOOOOOW!!!!!", my friend is still "Sir, we cant do that". So he demands a manager with my friend going "Sir, if i -" "SUPERVISOR!!!!" because the guy just cuts him off. So then my friend gets one of our managers over, all he says is like 3 words and then doesnt say anything for 15 solid minutes, then starts by saying about how to get the password verified and changed if you take the information to a core store, then our manager doesnt say anything for 10 more minutes before he just literally releases the call. Then states ", that was a lot of F words" and just walked off.[/quote]

I haven't ever worked in a call center but I did work in a Verizon reseller store, and this story reminded me of the people that would come in demanding to know this and that about an account and wouldn't have any idea what the password was. Being a 3rd part reseller, we had to have the last 4 of the account holder social and usually a password. Nobody ever knew their password.

I work at wendy's and we get so much crap it's ridiculous.

A guy at the 1st window where you pay asks the employee there for directions to our airport. After 5 minutes of him sitting there with a huge line behind him he finally moves up to the second window. He then goes on and asks me the same question to me there, even though he already got the answer at the other window. He kept asking for clarification over and over and he just really pissed me off. 5 minutes later I give him his food. He complained that his chili wasn't full, and that he was missing a burger. The burger ended up being in his bag and I filled the chili over the top for him. I hope it spilled all over his food. There were a lot of pissed off customers behind him.

Another time I'm taking orders on the front counter. I'm helping this family carry their food out when another family comes in. After waiting maybe a minute, the dad says "Are you ever gonna take our order, BOY?" I'm 20 so for him to call me boy really pissed me off. He could clearly see I was helping someone else. I just told him to wait a minute. Apparently he didn't like that idea and he stormed out. His two kids had the saddest little look on their faces.

Old people are the worst. They don't talk very loud and they can't hear anything either. Once this ancient guy ordered 2 Frostys. After he paid I give him the items and he proceeds to yell at me "I ONLY HAD ONE". Well shit, sorry!? Maybe you should have noticed that when the price was DOUBLE what you normally pay. Asshole...

Then we always have those people that eat half their burger then proceed to ask for another one because it was missing something. Once this guy ordered a single w/cheese. Me being pretty new I forgot to ring it up with cheese on it. He later brings it up there half eaten and he wanted a refund for the cheese because it wasn't on there. I told him sorry that was my mistake for not ringing it up and that I could give him a piece of cheese for free. He wanted a refund. Yes, he wanted his 30 cent refund for something he didn't even pay for. Hey ASSHOLE, you're not getting a refund for something you didn't even pay for. Of course the manager gives him the 30 cents and I get in trouble, but whatever.

I could write about this forever, we have so many assholes that come in. We also get the real crazies late night. I've been offered a BJ through the drive through once. That was interesting... to say the least. We've even had a drunk guy hit the side of the building before lol.

Deadbeat boxholder wants us to forward her mail to her late last week, but she's been past due since October. I explain that we'll either need to take care of the overdue rent and bring her account current or close the box, charge her storage since October, and then forward her mail.

She explains that she doesn't want the mailbox, she just wants us to forward her mail to her. She can't understand why that is so hard. I explain the situation again, and she gives me a credit card insisting that I only charge her for the appropriate forwarding costs. Naturally, I don't forward her mail (including her W-2's).

She called back yesterday and spoke to our owner in search of a tracking number for her mail which she believed we forwarded to her. The owner explained the same thing to her that I did, at which point she exclaimed that she thought I was just trying to get more money out of her and that she didn't know it was store policy.

She started cursing at our owner and demanding to talk to me, insisting that she was a paying customer and that we were illegally holding her mail hostage, denying her a basic right to get her mail that was legally hers. The owner told her she would not be allowed to berate her employees for doing their job according to the contract she had signed, and that she was not in fact a "paying customer", she was "a deadbeat who owes us $84 + forwarding, at which point she would be entitled to pleasant customer service".

Not a customer story but a manager story.

At work we are allowed to play our iPods through the store sound system before we open up. The only rules are that it can't have any curses or bad themes (sexual, racial, etc.) and it has to be reasonable so everyone won't mind it.

Today I brought mine in and I had a playlist that I knew didn't have any curses in it. So the manager comes in about halfway through and goes into the office (where the iPod is). During the middle of a song the music just stops. I thought maybe it died or some how got unplugged. I go back to see whats up and I see the iPod was unplugged and on the table.

Me: "Why did you turn my iPod off?"
Manager: "Because it had a curse word in it"
Me: :confused: "What curse word?"
Manager: "God damn"
Me: "What, thats not a curse word. You can say it on TV."
Manager: "Well someone might be offended"
Me: "Okay, whatever"

Meanwhile when one of the assistant managers plays theirs there is usually at least one song that has "fuck" or "bitch" in it, including Disturbed "Down with the Sickness: a couple times. Bunch of god damn bullshit.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']
Manager: "God damn"
Me: "What, thats not a curse word. You can say it on TV."
Manager: "Well someone might be offended"
Me: "Okay, whatever"[/quote]
Flawed argument. South Park etc. frequently say words much "worse" than that all the time. Many consider damn on its own to be a curse word. It is BS that it isn't allowed when other words are, but it's reasonable for the manager to ask.

[quote name='JJSP']The owner told her she would not be allowed to berate her employees for doing their job according to the contract she had signed, and that she was not in fact a "paying customer", she was "a deadbeat who owes us $84 + forwarding, at which point she would be entitled to pleasant customer service".[/quote]
:applause: You've got a good manager there.
[quote name='Doomed']Flawed argument. South Park etc. frequently say words much "worse" than that all the time. Many consider damn on its own to be a curse word. It is BS that it isn't allowed when other words are, but it's reasonable for the manager to ask.[/quote]Agreed, if something is on tv it does not make it unoffensive. Although, for the manager to let the fucks fly and stuff, well, that's ridiculous.

I do delivery and installation for a big box store. Mostly I do fridges and safes and washer/dryers. I'm a big dude, 6'1" and 350lbs (a good portion of it muscle from this job) so I constantly get people asking me if I played football in high school or college (I did) but it gets annoying. So I screw with them all the time.

A couple of days ago I was delivering a 500lb safe to this old redneck guy who just won't shut up. As I'm dragging it up the stairs to the front door of his house, he asks if I played for the local high school (nope) and I just say to him (straight faced) "No, but I did study ballet and was on the cheer squad." You should have seen his mouth drop. He didn't say another word to me for the rest of the delivery.

[quote name='MajorSmeg']I do delivery and installation for a big box store. Mostly I do fridges and safes and washer/dryers. I'm a big dude, 6'1" and 350lbs (a good portion of it muscle from this job) so I constantly get people asking me if I played football in high school or college (I did) but it gets annoying. So I screw with them all the time.

A couple of days ago I was delivering a 500lb safe to this old redneck guy who just won't shut up. As I'm dragging it up the stairs to the front door of his house, he asks if I played for the local high school (nope) and I just say to him (straight faced) "No, but I did study ballet and was on the cheer squad." You should have seen his mouth drop. He didn't say another word to me for the rest of the delivery.[/quote]
Definatly one of the best posts in awhile

At wendy's past midnight we usually get this at least once a week:

Me: "Can I take your order please"
Idiot: "Are yall open!?"
Me: ...

Another scenario:

Me: "Order whenever you're ready"
Me: "Hello?"
5 Minutes later
Asshole: "Yeah I wanna get a bacon cheeseburger"
Me: "Anything else"
Asshole: "no"
Me: *facepalm*

One more

Blonde Chick: "Do yall have TAAACOS?"
Me: "No"
BC: "What about chicken TAAACOS?"
Me: "No"
BC: "Okay I'll just have 2 cheese enchaladas then"
Me: "Ma'am we only serve burgers here"
BC: "But yall had them last week"
Me: "We've never had tacos I'm sorry I'm sure taco bell across the street would gladly serve you"

She sounded real disappointed and then drove off after she asked me to check the freezer for tacos... lol. We also get a lot of old ladies that ask if we have corndogs. Don't know what it is with old ladies and corndogs heh.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I gotta ask - what's the point of pointing out she was "hispanic" seems to have no bearing on your story and that's the only description you feel is necessary?[/QUOTE]

Because they are scum? Was that the response you were looking for or could we move on from calling people out for mentioning race? Shall we no longer say if they are male or female?

(I was using it as an example. Don't get all hissy people :cool: )

[quote name='MajorSmeg']I do delivery and installation for a big box store. Mostly I do fridges and safes and washer/dryers. I'm a big dude, 6'1" and 350lbs (a good portion of it muscle from this job) so I constantly get people asking me if I played football in high school or college (I did) but it gets annoying. So I screw with them all the time.

A couple of days ago I was delivering a 500lb safe to this old redneck guy who just won't shut up. As I'm dragging it up the stairs to the front door of his house, he asks if I played for the local high school (nope) and I just say to him (straight faced) "No, but I did study ballet and was on the cheer squad." You should have seen his mouth drop. He didn't say another word to me for the rest of the delivery.[/quote]

6'1 350?

A lot of it muscle?

Yeah. Okay.

Since were playing the race card I got a story that just happened.

Hispanic guy drops off a job application today. I asked him what he was applying for and he just looked at me. I asked again. Nothing. Once more...Nothing. I then discovered he spoke not a single word of English and wanted to be in Sales. Sigh. In the shredder it goes.

Another time, we had a 19 year old kid come in and drop off an application. I looked it over and got out a red marker where I began to circle any errors he may have had. Somehow, he managed to misspell his last name and birthday (apparently he was born in 1996) and numerous words etc. I did this in front of him as well.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Another time, we had a 19 year old kid come in and drop off an application. I looked it over and got out a red marker where I began to circle any errors he may have had. Somehow, he managed to misspell his last name and birthday (apparently he was born in 1996) and numerous words etc. I did this in front of him as well.[/QUOTE]

You did that kid a service- a job application is a dumb, dumb thing to half-ass. Assuming you do, somehow, get hired, they can fire you whenever they want for providing 'false infomation'.

We had a similar application recently... I couldn't read all the info, horrible handwriting... but they way it was filled out, she spent 8 years getting her High school diploma somewhere overseas, and 6 years here, somewhere, getting a 'bachillers'. :roll:

My favorite is when people reverse their last and first names on applications.. "First name: Smith. Last name: Michael" .. it's not like they're trying to be James Bond or anything, they're just stupid. If you're not going to take the time to fill out my application properly, I'm not going to take the time to even evaluate it.

Dunno where to put this, so I'll just stick it here.

Message from an eBay buyer who just bought a DVD set from me:

"Please leave the package over the front gate if it does not fit in mailbox. Thank you"

Ok. Let me drive from Maryland to Missouri to hand-deliver that for you. For $3. No, really!

I have been working in the meat department at my job the past few days. People piss me off really bad with how picky they can be. Today I had one guy who wanted 1 pound of salmon. One fillet it roughly 1.5 pounds, so he wanted me to cut it. I cut it down to 1.18 pounds & ask if its ok. He says no, that 1.1 or 1.2 pounds is ok, but 1.18 is too much...

[quote name='cranguy']Dunno where to put this, so I'll just stick it here.

Message from an eBay buyer who just bought a DVD set from me:

"Please leave the package over the front gate if it does not fit in mailbox. Thank you"

Ok. Let me drive from Maryland to Missouri to hand-deliver that for you. For $3. No, really![/QUOTE]

:rofl: Awesome. My boyfriend has been selling a bunch of stuff on eBay lately, and I'm always shocked at how incredibly stupid some of his buyers are.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']:rofl: Awesome. My boyfriend has been selling a bunch of stuff on eBay lately, and I'm always shocked at how incredibly stupid some of his buyers are.[/quote]
I don't understand what's wrong with some people. In an auction I had up once, I listed the item as having free insurance, but somehow messed it up to the point where the person was able to add insurance to the shipping. I noticed it and refunded them the $1.50 or whatever, and they said they basically didn't read the item description, just hit buy.

It's no wonder people get ripped off so often. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back