RetroCon PS2 Controller - $4.99 @ Best Buy

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I just saw this at a B&M. Would've picked one up but I already have two first party controllers and can't imagine what I could use this for but I figured some of you might be interested.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1091102280924&skuId=6818045&type=product

here is a review from IGN:

retrocon_081403_160.jpg

http://gear.ign.com/articles/433/433778p1.html

Why would i want to play ps2 with a controller designed in 1980 something, they look cool and they even have rumble and according to you very durable, i wonder why they are so cheap they certainly should be going for more, i would of bought one for my NES without a doubt .

[quote name='Samurai X']Why would i want to play ps2 with a controller designed in 1980 something, they look cool and they even have rumble and according to you very durable, i wonder why they are so cheap they certainly should be going for more, i would of bought one for my NES without a doubt .[/quote]

My God, I thought I'd never hear the day when another CAG would utter the words "I wonder why they are so cheap". I mean, come on, why do games get cheap after awhile when some are worth and should be $50 (i.e. XIII, BG&E, Ico, basically probably every single game you've gotten through CAG). Maybe they are just clearencing them out. Who cares, they are great controllers for an awesome price and had I known how good they were then I might have picked up one or two at the $10 price point.

This controller wasn't designed in 1980. it has all kind of features that the 1980's controllers never had. All this controller does is just steal the general shape from the 80s. Nothing wrong with that if it is a good controller, which it is.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='Samurai X']Why would i want to play ps2 with a controller designed in 1980 something, they look cool and they even have rumble and according to you very durable, i wonder why they are so cheap they certainly should be going for more, i would of bought one for my NES without a doubt .[/quote]

My God, I thought I'd never hear the day when another CAG would utter the words "I wonder why they are so cheap". I mean, come on, why do games get cheap after while when some are worth and should be $50 (i.e. XIII, BG&E, Ico, basically probably every single game you've gotten through CAG). Maybe they are just clearencing them out. Who cares, they are great controllers for an awesome price and had I known how good they were then I might have pick up one or two at the $10 price point.

THis controller wasn't designed in 1980. it has all kind of features that the 1980's controllers never had. All this controller does is just steal the general shape from the 80s. Nothing wrong with that if it is a good controller, which it is.[/quote]

You don't have to wonder why, just take advantage of it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Others will be happy to buy them. If you want to question why they're so cheap, go ahead and hear the silence of people talking with you on that point.

And I like them over the standard controller, for most things. My GF loves them, who doesn't like the feel of the first-gen Logitech wireless controller or the Sony PS2 controller.

Again, don't like 'em, don't buy 'em.

Better yet, buy it, try it, and see what you think after you try it. You might be surprised. If you don't like 'em, return them.

I've got small hands and the controller is still really small. After playing with the standard PS controller model, the flat design made it kind of uncomfortable - there's no place to wrap your fingers around. I probably won't use them much but they are really cool looking.

for the $ and features, great controller. good looking, lights up, feels good with the rubber grips on back. and has a 5 year warranty.

I just picked one of these up today from my local Best Buy and its FANTASTIC. I love the damn thing. I can see how some people may not like it, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Definitely worth the $5 I spent.

Feels like the perfect controller to play Katamari Damacy with. :)

bread's done
Back