Rey Mysterio's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Superstar']I'm hoping Rey loses it quickly.[/QUOTE]

Well the "5 changed outcomes" thing makes me think they decided to give him the strap, let him have it a few days as an Eddie tribute and then are planning on going to back to whatever plan they had.

HHH is in fine form tonight. Beginning to end he's been fun to watch.

[quote name='Genocidal']I'd have preferred 3MW, but I've heard good things about Osama as a manager/wrestler (Armando Alejandro Estrada).[/quote]

Seriously, why the fuck did they release Rosey and then bring back Jamal? IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! Why not pair them again as a tag team. I'm convinced they're actually the same guy, when did we ever see the camera on both of them at the same time when they were 3MW! :roll: Why is WWE so dumb, why do they want to kill the tag team division so badly? The midcard is already overloaded on Raw, so why not bring back 3MW with this Armando guy as their manager? TENT! CAMP! GAY!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']This is an odd thing for me to comment on/care about, but are you out of your mind? Trish is one of the best women's wrestlers ever, both in-ring and on the mic. I'll give you Torrie and Candice are crap though, not sure when they decided having Candice wrestle would be a good idea.[/quote]

Trish isnt TOO bad to me, but mickie looks like she could go apeshit on one of the guys and have a pretty good chance of winning. Trish would be fine until she had to fake some form of injury or play to the crowd.

Oh, and am I the only one that thought the Masters/Carlito split went horribly wrong? Carlito wandering around the ring like a total tool waiting for an apple, while Masters looks at him like "what the fuck is going on?" HORRIBLE! Why not go grab a chair Carlito? Whack Masters with that and save face. Both those guys are garbage, IMO, the Rock, Austin, Mick Foley, HHH and so on all would've found a way to go impromptu and save the situation.

Oh, and am I the only that thinks turning Masters heel is absolutely retarded? Just seems to me that Carlito would get over as a face so much better.

haha, no DX but damn was that a great ending.

The look on HHH's face when Cena did the "you can't see me", sooooo pissed. I knew there was gonna be a pedigree after that.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Trish isnt TOO bad to me, but mickie looks like she could go apeshit on one of the guys and have a pretty good chance of winning. Trish would be fine until she had to fake some form of injury or play to the crowd.[/quote]

God I hope you keep posting in the wrestling topic... again back to the avatar/sig, anyway...

I really think Trish would be better as the heel in this combo, the crowd was chanting for Mickie! I don't know if they still would or not if Mickie was the face, but I think they need to take this in a slightly different direction. Have Trish get mean again, have the sadistic Trish that slapped the shit out of Jericho 2 years ago at Wrestlemania come back and feud with the psycho Mickie. It'd be great. I could see those two legitimately put on a women's hardcore/no-dq match.

Well, there goes my idea about Edge and Lita being in the reformed DX.

...and before you laugh at that, let your brain nibble on this: Lita could easily be the new Chyna.

God I wish I were on the WWE creative team.

Did anyone notice how hot the crowd was during the Edge/HHH segments, much more crazed than any time Cena had the mic. They continued to heavily boo Cena, and I just don't understand why they don't go ahead with Edge vs HHH. I'm sure Edge vs HHH vs Cena at Backlash is inevitable.

I would go ahead with the two heels fighting each other though, fuck it, what has WWE got to lose at this point? Let Cena drop the title and see what happens for awhile.

[quote name='SIUfan86']You know, i'm surprised I don't see more bitching from you guys about Wrestlemania since you absolutely hate the status of the wwe right now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't order it, so stop yer bitchin' about our bitchin'.

Bitch.

Y'know, in the "we don't know brown people from brown people" department, they bring us ethnic "Coobun" Armando Alejandro Estrada, who is apparently representing the bastard child of Afa, Kamala, and Saba Simba. If you're going to be so fucking tribal, take out your surgical steel septum piercing and put a piece of chicken bone in there. $10 at your local piercing shop, and you won't look like a big tittied douchbag.

Anyway, pairing one brown person ethnically placed in the American southeast with another brown person placed somewhere between American Samoa, way off the coast of the pacific ocean, and some sort of ancient Mayan/Aztec (yeah, perhaps it's ethnically insensitive of me to not know the difference) civilization.

We can rehire Jimmy Yang and make him wear his Yung Dragons gear with a pointed straw hat, and rehire Ahmed Johnson and put him in an outfit that would make "Roots"-era LeVar Burton proud. Who else are we missing? Maybe go a bit *more* over the top with Finlay, and put a green top hat on his head and dress him up like a leprechaun. It'll be great! We can then pair Finlay with William Regal, who will be placed back into his "Lord Steven Regal" outfit! What makes more sense than putting the British and English together?

I know! They can put Daivari back on the wrestling roster, and since he's a middle-eastern everyman, he can be a Palestinian! Than he can be paired with the "Jew of the Nile," Barry Horowitz! Since they have so much in common, you know.

For fuck's sake, do they think I'm as fucking stupid as SIUfan?

[quote name='mykevermin']Y'know, in the "we don't know brown people from brown people" department, they bring us ethnic "Coobun" Armando Alejandro Estrada, who is apparently representing the bastard child of Afa, Kamala, and Saba Simba. If you're going to be so fucking tribal, take out your surgical steel septum piercing and put a piece of chicken bone in there. $10 at your local piercing shop, and you won't look like a big tittied douchbag.

Anyway, pairing one brown person ethnically placed in the American southeast with another brown person placed somewhere between American Samoa, way off the coast of the pacific ocean, and some sort of ancient Mayan/Aztec (yeah, perhaps it's ethnically insensitive of me to not know the difference) civilization.

We can rehire Jimmy Yang and make him wear his Yung Dragons gear with a pointed straw hat, and rehire Ahmed Johnson and put him in an outfit that would make "Roots"-era LeVar Burton proud. Who else are we missing? Maybe go a bit *more* over the top with Finlay, and put a green top hat on his head and dress him up like a leprechaun. It'll be great! We can then pair Finlay with William Regal, who will be placed back into his "Lord Steven Regal" outfit! What makes more sense than putting the British and English together?

I know! They can put Daivari back on the wrestling roster, and since he's a middle-eastern everyman, he can be a Palestinian! Than he can be paired with the "Jew of the Nile," Barry Horowitz! Since they have so much in common, you know.

For fuck's sake, do they think I'm as fucking stupid as SIUfan?[/quote]

I assume that you are trying to say that I am one of those stupid 13 year old fans who accepts anything the WWE shoves down their throat without knowing whats happening, and gets all their wrestling news from wwe.com. You couldn't be farther from the truth. All I was saying is that Wrestlemania got me excited about wrestling again for the first time in a long time and that this forum is mainly a bitchfest towards the wwe (which is true).

[quote name='Superstar']Wrestlemania was a solid show. I was entertained. Besides not liking some match outcomes, it was the best Wrestlemania in years.[/quote]

Wrestlemania XX was only 2 years ago ;)

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Wrestlemania XX was only 2 years ago ;)[/QUOTE]

Wrestlemania XX was horrible in my opinion. I was even there live.

[quote name='Superstar']Wrestlemania XX was horrible in my opinion. I was even there live.[/QUOTE]

you are so lucky... I thought that ppv was awesome.. I wish i was there live to see goldberg defeat lesnar

and return of taker

and angle guerrero

[quote name='guyver2077']chavo quits? thats what he said on wwe.com

did they show that on raw?[/quote]

They came back from commercial after he lost his match and showed a clip from during the commercials where he said he apparently wasnt ment to wrestle anymore and walked off into the parking garage.

[quote name='guyver2077']chavo quits? thats what he said on wwe.com

did they show that on raw?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Good to see that damn near everybody except for Chris Benoit and Trevor Murdoch have used Eddie's death in a storyline.

So, I watched 'mania (bits and pieces): my brief thoughts on what I did see while waiting for the goddamn plumber to show up.

Edge/Foley was a fantastic match. Edge is not the kind of primadonna who gives up or phones in matches (I'm lookin' at you, Kane) because they aren't in the main event. Easily one of the best hardcore matches of the past year, due in part to the infrequency of them. The relative lack of them also made everything in the match more brutal and meaningful in a relative sense. I wish Edge could go back to the top of the card; in an ironic twist, his infiedlity soared him into the upper card as someone who you thought could *never* be a good guy again, while it seems that, between him, Cena, and HHH, HHH or Edge seem ready to turn good, while not turning Cena bad would be idiotic of monumental proportions (look what it did for The Rock). Edge is the franchise of the WWE, bar none.

What was up with the crowd loving Mickie James and booing Trish? Is there any longevity to this (i.e., will more crowds embrace Mickie, or is this just a Chicago thing)? An excellent women's match, and having two very solid women wrestlers is a great start. Unfortunately, once you get to the fourth best women's wrestler, you get Candace Michelle (#3 being Victoria). They need to bring in a Molly Holly, or Jazz, or someone who knows the fuck how to wrestle. They have an opportunity to build a women's division, and the crowd's treatment seemed to indicate that they will take it seriously, if only they can eliminate those who clearly aren't wrestlers.

I'd like to think Boogeyman will be gone by the end of the year, if only because he can't wrestle to save his life (which is the only saving grace of Eugene).

SD! title match was short and sweet. I like Rey winning, but I'll sour on it quickly if he loses the title immediately (meaning that they really did intend on him being a transitional champion).

Cena could be the #1 bad guy on Raw right now, but you already knew that. If they're building to that, then his title win makes sense. Since it seems that they are desperate to get the crowd to cheer him (watch any segment w/ Cena, and they show pro-Cena fans 7-1 over anti-Cena fans, and there's no way the crowd is that split, especially in Chicago where he was easily hated by 65%+ of the crowd), I don't know what they're thinking. Those people who hate him aren't going to "respect" him (which it seems is the WWE's goal, to turn him into a Bret Hart/Benoit kind of good guy).

The Raw title match entrances: remember them for the future. When you want to recall a moment of gross overproduction and sheer stupidity, remember those entrances. They're worse than a James Cameron film in terms of "way too fucking much work that ends up backfiring because its fucking ludicrous." The only upside to the entrances was seeing CM Punk's face at Wrestlemania (he was the gangster in the blue coat hanging on the passenger side of the car as it drove towards the ring). A very small upside, and my guess would be the only taste of WrestleMania he'll ever get.

A decent show from what I watched. Be sure to cling to a copy of this show, as the "fuck You Cena" chants will surely be edited.

I'm pretty sure that they had Rey win because it was a big "wrestlemania moment" and in reality, Rey Rey is going to be little more than a transitional champ for Orton so they can have the big Orton vs Batista feud that they've been salivating over for months.

Hey! You! Stop being right!

20060403_vinceshane_hbk.jpg

Oy vey.

Man, I hope that theory that RVD is gonna use his MITB to get a title shot at ONS. I also hope it's against Cena. Imagine how awesome it would be to see Cena get his ass handed to him in the birthplace of exrtreme by RVD. The fans would go insane.

EDIT:

And his tag team partner.. standing 50 million feet high, and weighing in at 25 million tons. From the throne of heaven, he is the almighty, the alpha AND the omega.... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Someone needs to do a CAW of god for SVR2006 NOW.

saw TNA: impact last night and thought it was a solid show. the 4-way x division match was awesome. but a quick question, when samoa joe won the match, i noticed that the godzilla theme was playing in the background. since when has samoa joe been coming out to this song?

[quote name='guyver2077']now that was a good move!! awesome

these kids have a tremendous future...

i 4 one am happy to see the show and kane tag team era come to an end! i hope they dont give them a rematch or something[/QUOTE]

i heard kane it taking time off to make another movie... that is why i was shocked they didnt lose the titles at WM

[quote name='guyver2077']you are so lucky... I thought that ppv was awesome.. I wish i was there live to see goldberg defeat lesnar

and return of taker

and angle guerrero[/QUOTE]

Goldberg is a horrible wrestler, and hes boring to me. I love lesnar though. Too bad they both sucked horrible in that "match".

[quote name='evanft']Man, I hope that theory that RVD is gonna use his MITB to get a title shot at ONS. I also hope it's against Cena. Imagine how awesome it would be to see Cena get his ass handed to him in the birthplace of exrtreme by RVD. The fans would go insane.[/quote]

Considering he said it would be "Extreme" I don't think there's any other time he would be using his title shot. I really hate that a WWE title is going to be defended on the ECW show, but if it gives RVD a decent title run I guess I can live with it. If RVD loses though... I will be extremely pissed to say the least.

[quote name='Genocidal']Considering he said it would be "Extreme" I don't think there's any other time he would be using his title shot. I really hate that a WWE title is going to be defended on the ECW show, but if it gives RVD a decent title run I guess I can live with it. If RVD loses though... I will be extremely pissed to say the least.[/QUOTE]

yea he definitely better not lose at an ecw ppv..

there will be chaos at the arena...i guess his best opponent would be edge at ons since hes already hated by the ecw crowd

[quote name='mykevermin']
Cena could be the #1 bad guy on Raw right now, but you already knew that. If they're building to that, then his title win makes sense. Since it seems that they are desperate to get the crowd to cheer him (watch any segment w/ Cena, and they show pro-Cena fans 7-1 over anti-Cena fans, and there's no way the crowd is that split, especially in Chicago where he was easily hated by 65%+ of the crowd), I don't know what they're thinking. Those people who hate him aren't going to "respect" him (which it seems is the WWE's goal, to turn him into a Bret Hart/Benoit kind of good guy).
[/QUOTE]

I noticed this on Raw, and it cracked me up. The crowd would be booing the hell out of Cena, yet they would show a sign that said "JOHN CENA IS AWESOME". They must have shown about 10 Cena signs during his first entrance alone.

And is it just me, or can Cena not effectively react to a crowd when he has the mic? Vince does it perfectly, but when the crowd is booing Cena its almost like he dosen't know what to do, and just keeps cutting his promo.

- Mickie James is the best thing to happen to the women's division in a long time, believe it.

[quote name='Roufuss']
And is it just me, or can Cena not effectively react to a crowd when he has the mic? Vince does it perfectly, but when the crowd is booing Cena its almost like he dosen't know what to do, and just keeps cutting his promo.
[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing but if you're supposed to be a face and the crowd treats you like a heel it wouldn't be as easy to play to the crowd.

Also, why is the WWE partnering a throwaway character in Umaga (or whatever his name is) with Flair? If Flair was serious about another title run why even bother with this feud? I just think it's very pointless and a waste of Flair to build up the credibility of a wrestler we're not gonna care about in 6 months.

[quote name='Roufuss']I noticed this on Raw, and it cracked me up. The crowd would be booing the hell out of Cena, yet they would show a sign that said "JOHN CENA IS AWESOME". They must have shown about 10 Cena signs during his first entrance alone.

- Mickie James is the best thing to happen to the women's division in a long time, believe it.[/quote]

Yeah what the hell is wwe thinking. i mean fans have been booing cena for a while and i thought last night was the clear turn for both wrestlers. wwe has a huge oppurtunity right now. and notice how lawler keeps saying "triple h doesn't care about the fans, he wouldn't care if you were his fan or not." and did anyone else notice besides showing the 5 cena signs in the whole arena you would hear loud boo's for cena and then they go up close to the two fans who were cheering for cena? what the fuck? so instead of noticing the fans reactions to the wrestlers they are dismissing them? hopefully they are still building up the turn and we'll see it before backlash.

[quote name='Sway']I was thinking the same thing but if you're supposed to be a face and the crowd treats you like a heel it wouldn't be as easy to play to the crowd.
[/QUOTE]

Which would be perfect for a Cena heel turn, which WWE dosen't seem to want to do.

Raw is going to be a in sorry state of affairs I think when Triple H leaves to spend itme with his new kid.

the problem I have with Cena is that he could have regained the fans if Edge had kept the title around his waist. Cena was cutting really good promo's and his matches were starting to get better as well.

[quote name='onetrackmind']AGREED![/QUOTE]

Haha, its the first time in a LONG time I actually watch the women's matches... if only WWE would hire some more women wrestlers for her to spar with, because Candice and Torrie need to go be valets and never step into a ring again.

I like that the whole "Victoria and Candice are lesbians with each other" angle has just disappeared into thin air.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm still pissed at Rey winning the belt. There's no way he won't lose it tonight at the SmackDown tapings.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping he loses it, but i'm guessing he won't

[quote name='Superstar']I'm hoping he loses it, but i'm guessing he won't[/QUOTE]

"Rey winning the title at wrestlemania was supposed to be the Wrestlemania moment". However the fans reaction to his win kept this from happening.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nonstory of the week: Tomko walked out on WWE.[/QUOTE]

Nooo! say it aint so tomko!

a reunion with christian would be awesome

[quote name='guyver2077']Nooo! say it aint so tomko!

a reunion with christian would be awesome[/QUOTE]

I call a feud between them in tna.

[quote name='Graystone']"Rey winning the title at wrestlemania was supposed to be the Wrestlemania moment". However the fans reaction to his win kept this from happening.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I thought it was funny how pretty much no one seemed to care. He had people cheering for him, but it was just odd.

[quote name='Superstar']Yeah. I thought it was funny how pretty much no one seemed to care. He had people cheering for him, but it was just odd.[/QUOTE]

I can respect the WWE's reasoning for giving him the belt, its a tribute to Eddie. The only problem is though, that he died quite a while ago and its fading in people's memory/concern. Let's face it, Eddie would have needed to die closer to Wrestlemania for this to have a huge impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back