Rez $49.99 new at GameQuestDirect

GQD should burn down with these reprints. I mean I dont buy any game for more than MSRP but still its very irritating. BTW Gitaroo MAN OWNS!!!!!! I cant past the 2nd stage of Masters PLay YET, but im working on it. Time to play this game now.

Any resolution to Slidecage's problem yet? What about that offer of two free copies of Rez for CAGs?

And as pointed out earlier, some other sellers on eBay and Amazon seem to be offering this "exclusive reprint" now.

[quote name='Skylander7']I will say this though.. I'm a devout frugal ass gamer. Very few games in the past few years get enough of my playtime to warrant a $50 price tag. Rez is definately one of those games. I love the damned thing. I got it for $29.99 at TRU a long time ago, and it is by far one of the best instances of spending that much on a game that I can recall (Halo 2 is another example of paying alot for, merely for the fact that I've played the shit out of online). I have quite a few games at home, but I can easily pick this one up and play just for the fun of it. I think it's worth it: not to collect or to have for bragging rights, yet instead to play the ever living hell out of. A decent home theatre system on an optical cable makes it even better.

On a side note, it seems the reprint is starting to catch on. Ebay selling prices seemed to have fallen a little.[/QUOTE]

A little. But people are catching on to reprints in general, too, because original prints are still selling for far, far more than the reprints... which makes me feel a little better after taking it up the ass to get a sealed original print a month ago.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Is this popping up in any of your local EB and Gamestops yet? Because it isn't showing up anywhere around me.[/QUOTE]

none near me, but i got my nice, new shiny copy from gqd a few days ago. saaaaaaaaaahweeeeeeet! you haters can all go eat a dick.

I just read a good chunck of this thread and feel its time to weigh in. It is great games get reprinted. I bought Rhapsody from gamesqquestdirect. I had purchased a disc only non-working copy from EB a few months prior. I spent $58 at GQD and was happy with my purchase. A month later when I was about to open it, I found a $5 copy at a pawn shop that was mint. So I spent $53 on shrink wrap because the game is not opened. I am still happy with my buy, I wasn't slammed into it, and while GQD wouldn't be up front about a remake, I still purchased it.

Here is my problem. I don't own Rez. I would purchase it to play it. I will not purchase it from GQD because they have been lying this whole thread. I don't mind if you make money. I have two bachelor's and on my way to a master's, so I know I am educated enough to purchase this game if I want it. I don;t like having my intelligence insulted. I don't care if music fees cost Sega. It's Sega for crying out loud. Sega reprinted this, in decent amounts, to several game suppliers because they know there is a hardcore game market for this game. Don't lie to us and say you have exclusive rights. You obviously don't. Don't lie to us about music fees. Just say you want to make a profit, which you do at ebay. We are intelligent enough to make our decision if we are going to purchase a prodict from you. You don't need to lie to convince us. Thats a bad marketibng strategy because it gives you bad word of mouth, which is the best kind of advertisng. Im glad your site exists, but I am seriously turned off on your company right now.

As for a Valkyrie Profile reprint, Square-Enix have only reprinted when it comes to GH. I don't think we'll see this reprinted. I can understand Atlus and Koei, and Sega surprises me, but Square Enix probably won't reprint this without different packaging and extra content. If it is reprinted, I am expecting it on a comp disc or a different console (my money is on the DS).

[quote name='Otherguy676']I just read a good chunck of this thread and feel its time to weigh in. It is great games get reprinted. I bought Rhapsody from gamesqquestdirect. I had purchased a disc only non-working copy from EB a few months prior. I spent $58 at GQD and was happy with my purchase. A month later when I was about to open it, I found a $5 copy at a pawn shop that was mint. So I spent $53 on shrink wrap because the game is not opened. I am still happy with my buy, I wasn't slammed into it, and while GQD wouldn't be up front about a remake, I still purchased it.

Here is my problem. I don't own Rez. I would purchase it to play it. I will not purchase it from GQD because they have been lying this whole thread. I don't mind if you make money. I have two bachelor's and on my way to a master's, so I know I am educated enough to purchase this game if I want it. I don;t like having my intelligence insulted. I don't care if music fees cost Sega. It's Sega for crying out loud. Sega reprinted this, in decent amounts, to several game suppliers because they know there is a hardcore game market for this game. Don't lie to us and say you have exclusive rights. You obviously don't. Don't lie to us about music fees. Just say you want to make a profit, which you do at ebay. We are intelligent enough to make our decision if we are going to purchase a prodict from you. You don't need to lie to convince us. Thats a bad marketibng strategy because it gives you bad word of mouth, which is the best kind of advertisng. Im glad your site exists, but I am seriously turned off on your company right now.

As for a Valkyrie Profile reprint, Square-Enix have only reprinted when it comes to GH. I don't think we'll see this reprinted. I can understand Atlus and Koei, and Sega surprises me, but Square Enix probably won't reprint this without different packaging and extra content. If it is reprinted, I am expecting it on a comp disc or a different console (my money is on the DS).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The only other reason GQD has me pissed is because I ordered Persona 2 and they sent me Rhapsody, then wanted ME to foot the shipping back for it. No thanks. Now I have a sealed piece of lameness I'm only keeping because I forgot I had it.
In addition, everyone should remember the Skies of arcadia Legends incident. Everyone thought that was a warehouse find too, but Sega just reprinted them.

Reality's Fringe said:
In addition, everyone should remember the Skies of arcadia Legends incident. Everyone thought that was a warehouse find too, but Sega just reprinted them.

That's true, but the time difference between prints of that title, I would argue, were pretty negligible. Rez has been tough to find for far longer, and is also a far more niche title than Legends. I suppose your point is merely that they've reprinted items before, so this should come as no surprise; I'll certainly agree with that.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']none near me, but i got my nice, new shiny copy from gqd a few days ago. saaaaaaaaaahweeeeeeet! you haters can all go eat a dick.[/QUOTE]

What, like your mom does?

[quote name='jza1218']What, like your mom does?[/QUOTE]

so whats the deal? did you hear your first "your momma" joke during recess today? thought so. its cool, though. just go watch some after-school cartoons, and i'll make you a pb & j.

Slidecage, i requested your information, for paypal payment address. So i could send you the $5.00 refund for damaged case. Never heard from you yet? So soon as i have the information i can send the payment to your account.

Also I apologize for delay in responding to Slidecage, I know it was my fault. I did respond back once, but have heard nothing back requesting information from him for which i need to have a resolution to his issue. Been very busy with christmas. Also just a sidenote. I haven't seen any pricing under the $50.00 mark yet with free shipping. So as it stands, we still have the best deal. Side note as well, we also have a wholesale division which we provide product to sellers on Ebay as you probably will notice.

[quote name='spankmenow420']Also I apologize for delay in responding to Slidecage, I know it was my fault. I did respond back once, but have heard nothing back requesting information from him for which i need to have a resolution to his issue. Been very busy with christmas. Also just a sidenote. I haven't seen any pricing under the $50.00 mark yet with free shipping. So as it stands, we still have the best deal. Side note as well, we also have a wholesale division which we provide product to sellers on Ebay as you probably will notice.[/QUOTE]

Nice sidenote, it's a shame you selectively choose to answer the softball issues and totally ignore the crux of the argument.

So, busy with Xmas huh? Working on getting those Nintendo World Championship carts reprinted so you can bilk $3000 a piece for them, then when people realize whats up dump the rest off to Gamestop?

Dave

Well, I guess I need to call you guys out, cause you sure as hell aren't going to come clean.

As a masha and fwacce guessed, Spankmenow420 and enjoylifengame have both posted from the same IP address. As if the other stuff wasn't enough, pretending to be a satisfied customer is some hardcore shady shit.

I don't like it when my CAGs are being fucked with, so the time has come for you to go.
You have a day or two to pack up your shit (finish up your dealings with slidecage and anyone else) and then you are gone for good.

If real CAGs want to continue to post your "deals", I guess that is their [size=-1]prerogative[/size], but I won't tolerate this nonsense from you guys.

[quote name='CheapyD']Well, I guess I need to call you guys out, cause you sure as hell aren't going to come clean.

As a masha and fwacce guessed, Spankmenow420 and enjoylifengame have both posted from the same IP address. As if the other stuff wasn't enough, pretending to be a satisfied customer is some hardcore shady shit.

I don't like it when my CAGs are being fucked with, so the time has come for you to go.
You have a day or two to pack up your shit (finish up your dealings with slidecage and anyone else) and then you are gone for good.

If real CAGs want to continue to post your "deals", I guess that is their [size=-1]prerogative[/size], but I won't tolerate this nonsense from you guys.[/QUOTE]

It is about time.
Thanks CheapD!!
You're my hero.
:)

a side note:

129712458911lr.jpg

and also a side note:

spank0li.gif
NOW?!

[quote name='MightySlacker']Nice sidenote, it's a shame you selectively choose to answer the softball issues and totally ignore the crux of the argument.

Dave[/QUOTE]

We all got involved and started fighting with each other and he withdrew himself from the conflict.

I won't be able to explain better then this book I'm reading right now:

picture17355wm.jpg

Thanks Ch

[quote name='CheapyD']Well, I guess I need to call you guys out, cause you sure as hell aren't going to come clean.

If real CAGs want to continue to post your "deals", I guess that is their [size=-1]prerogative[/size], but I won't tolerate this nonsense from you guys.[/QUOTE]

Great job, Cheapy.

BTW, how did GQD's fake customer satisfaction account "enjoylifengame" reach "CAG Veteran" when he only had 3 posts? I think some people were suckered in based on testimonial we though was from genuine CAGers who had been here for a long period of time.

Had they know he only had 3 posts, probably would have moved more cautiously.

I am rather confused... is this a good deal for this game? I know its rare but i read a page or two and this site is doing somthing wrong... or somthing... hell i dont know, somone care to fill me in with atleast a place that i can get this game at a decent price if the OP's link is a rip off...

[quote name='abhinav']I am rather confused... is this a good deal for this game? I know its rare but i read a page or two and this site is doing somthing wrong... or somthing... hell i dont know, somone care to fill me in with atleast a place that i can get this game at a decent price if the OP's link is a rip off...[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not a bad deal... but you can find copies on eBay for a under $40 shipped (wait a while, it's still a little high due to the recent Xmas season).

Honestly, I think GQD is total crap after the Rhapsody and Persona 2 reprints. Sure, I'm glad I got the games but I wasn't happy to pay $55 per game when I could've definitely gotten them for less on eBay IF they hadn't continually lied about the reprint.:whistle2:x

Stay Far far away from this company

First i got a game with a broken case... They go we give you money back on it..
NO MONEY. they go return it. Then they never give me a return code

I just talked to someone on this site from this company last month who said We will give you so much money back and when it came time for them to honor what they said WAHMMM once again they DIDNT DO It

nothing more then a major rip off

stay far far away from this company

Anyway, the lesson is to buy niche/quirky games when they come out if you want them.. and if you weren't interested in it when it came out, then fuck it. You must have missed it for a reason.

played the dreamcast version...fun and short. I can see why it didn't catch on. On the surface, it appears to be a craptacular $15 budget title.

bread's done
Back