Rez $49.99 new at GameQuestDirect

[quote name='lionheart4life']Ditto. Suikoden II is one of the few rare games I really want to play. I played Rez before and thought it was extremely overrated, nowhere near a great experience like many people say it is (and I'm a huge fan of games like Amplitude). How does Gamequestdirect always seem to be the first to get reprints like this?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself.

[quote name='Jeoff']How about you just pick it up at Gamestop? Every store will a bunch used for $45 soon. Wait for a B2G1 sale and it's cheap as hell. Buy it with Gitaroo Man.

[/QUOTE]

word, im there

[quote name='masha']How small? :roll: :roll: :roll:[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Everything seems to be an exclusive reprint just for GQD and for about a month it is. Then it seems that after a month or so has passed, a lot of other stores get it and sell it for less. Every single "rare" title has been sold a month or two later for less at other stores. Name me one title that GQD has had an "exclusive reprint" that other stores later on did not get and sell for less?

[quote name='spankmenow420']Since i'm the only one who knows the truth about the game. Item has been indeed reprinted, exclusively for gamequest and gamequestdirect. When it came to rhapsody and persona 2. We never claimed it being reprinted or denied it. Everyone came to their own conclusions regarding that game being reprinted or not being reprinted due to the calls made to Atlus which denied any reprints were made. Than Atlus accepted a remake did occur. The truth be told. This game will not be going to Gamestop. You can buy now with free shipping code "rezcag". Which can be used to get this game with free shipping. All i have to say, i'm working on some things for cag members in the future. I try to offer deals to end users, instead of horders who buy too many and than complain when they can't sell on ebay. We want cag members to get games they enjoy at a reasonable cost, which we try very hard to do. When horders complain since they can't make money by reselling on ebay, it is not our responsibility to solve there problems when they overbuy.

Slidecage, pm me your details and i will credit your account for the $5.00 for broken case or paypal it to.[/QUOTE]

Man, get the fuck out of here with your horseshit. You sit there and claim that you hate hoarders who try and make money off of eBay, but then yor shitass company is selling this game for $80 on eBay rather than the $50 supposed retail. You're also selling it on Amazon for $100! If you really wanted to just help the end users, you wouldn't be trying to rape those end users on the other selling sites.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game actually was reprinted with a MSRP of $20, like it was supposed to be, and you're just trying to get extra cash before everyone finds that out. And then you offer a free shipping coupon like you're doing us a fucking favor.

The reason most people got upset was not because they were trying to make a buck. It was because GQD claimed that they were the only ones getting these in, and yet they appeared on GameStop soon after at a much cheaper price. Hell, even other small sellers got them in. Just because they have a way of getting them first, they think they can rape people before they find out. I'm sure GQD laughs at everyone here they con with the same story every single time this happens. You want the game at a cheap price? Then it's great that it got reprinted, but wait to buy it at another place at the BEST cheap price, and not GQD's supposed cheap price.

You've been warned once again about their practices here, so it's your own fault if you order from them.

I keep seeing mentioning of a Valkyrie Profile reprint, but no details - can someone fill me in on this?

[quote name='fwacce']Man, get the fuck out of here with your horseshit. You sit there and claim that you hate hoarders who try and make money off of eBay, but then yor shitass company is selling this game for $80 on eBay rather than the $50 supposed retail. You're also selling it on Amazon for $100! If you really wanted to just help the end users, you wouldn't be trying to rape those end users on the other selling sites.[/QUOTE]

He's right. I could careless what anyone does with their games, be them company or person. But come on, you can't feed us this "for the gamer" rhetoric bullshit when you are taking advantage of people on eBay and Amazon.com who don't know better.

Sometimes it's better to not say anything at all.

I am ill at gamequestdirect....but it was my move to buy them (persona 2 and Rhapsody). I know alot of people who would have paid $100+ for a new rez. I don't hate gamequestdirect because they make money. If you really want a game for $50 buy it.. if not don't. They seem to have a direct link between reprints...which isn't a bad thing. Bring on the reprints...buy them if you want but don't cry about it if you are out $20. wait if you don't want to spend that much. It is a chance take it or not. I am not affiliated with gqd in anyway and will not use them agian..but tired of hearing people complaining.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']How did you get suckered?[/QUOTE]

I thought I was buying a brand new copy with a factory seal for $58.

Nope, the only difference between it and the used copy I purchased from Gamestop two weeks later was a nickel's worth of shrinkwrap.

At GS, it was a little over $38 with the 10% off card.

GQD doesn't have deals. No ifs, and or buts.

Let me just say something. I've bought a couple of reprinted games - Gitaroo-Man and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, to be precise - but they really tick me off anyway. When Konami realized that there simply weren't enough copies of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to go around, they released a budget version of it with a green Greatest Hits identification, priced at $20. Those who just wanted to play the game were happy, and those who wanted to feel like they had something rare and special were happy.

But Atlus, Koei and now Sega are reprinting their rare old games - which are only rare, by the way, because they didn't spend enough money on their own goddamn marketing and distribution in the first place - and not only are they printing them with black labels so that they are indistinguishable from the original print run, but they're also charging full retail price for them, so that they're still out of reach of a lot of people. And then in the end, what happens is that nobody gives a shit about the game any longer anyway, because what they have is no longer special!

I really don't like this trend...

[quote name='Graff^']It's only "dumbfoundingly great" if it's hard to find and expensive. Once it's selling like a normal game it will be a "generic shooter" again. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Dude, you can hook a vibrator up to your PS2 and watch your girlfriend squirm next to you as you play. I'd say that's not exactly "generic".

Damn, I just bought one off ebay a week ago for $66. I don't mind a reprint but if it's sold at $20, as a CAG I would hate myself.

I would wait awhile to see if gamestop will receive copies. The idea that Sega would reprint a few just for GQD sounds a bit absurd.

[quote name='sonarrat']Let me just say something. I've bought a couple of reprinted games - Gitaroo-Man and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, to be precise - but they really tick me off anyway. When Konami realized that there simply weren't enough copies of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to go around, they released a budget version of it with a green Greatest Hits identification, priced at $20. Those who just wanted to play the game were happy, and those who wanted to feel like they had something rare and special were happy.

But Atlus, Koei and now Sega are reprinting their rare old games - which are only rare, by the way, because they didn't spend enough money on their own goddamn marketing and distribution in the first place - and not only are they printing them with black labels so that they are indistinguishable from the original print run, but they're also charging full retail price for them, so that they're still out of reach of a lot of people. And then in the end, what happens is that nobody gives a shit about the game any longer anyway, because what they have is no longer special!

I really don't like this trend...[/QUOTE]

Agree completely. But why do they need to make up new label or color if they can press the one they already had?! Saves time and money #-o

I'm going to collect my girlfriends underware from now on. It's more Rare/Valuable and always has LIMITED RUN.

[quote name='jngx80']
I would wait awhile to see if gamestop will receive copies. The idea that Sega would reprint a few just for GQD sounds a bit absurd.[/QUOTE]

I asked him on ebay: Was it reprinted.
He replied: Yes a small run, Exclusively for gamequest.

Oh Yeah? If it was Exclusively reprinted, you would've milked it until you ran out of copies, wouldn't you spankmenow420? Why 23 copies $80 BIN on ebay spankmenow420? What's the rush? Don't feed us with "I just wanted to offer cag members a deal" bullSH|T, like you did here:

:arrow: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42495

after that .hack 2 dropped to nothing :roll:

I'll tell you why. Your Exclusiveness is comming Directly from your greedy ass! Bunch of Liars!

You come here, use CAGs for your research (look at the topics you have created below),

untitled13dg.jpg

press the right buttons, get a hold of the first reprint copies and come back here and "do us a favor", dissapear .....come back and do your research again...rinse and repeat.

We are offering a game that sells for ebay for more. We are trying to make money on ebay and amazon.com i admit. That is why we are offering a deal when you buy directly from our website at $49.99.

Bobby

[quote name='spankmenow420']This was a small reprint. If you know the game contains lots of music which must be licensed, so it wasn't going to a cheap remake either. So licensing costs added quite a bit to the price of the game.[/QUOTE]

MUSIC LICENSING?! That is TOTAL BS. Do not insult our intelligence! If going by your theory that Rez costs more, even reprinted because of having to license music, then GTA: Vice City and San Andreas should be $300-$400 a COPY! Your made up excuses make absolutely NO sense.

Gamequestdirect has played this game one too many times. You reap what you sow.

[quote name='spankmenow420']What would prove to you guys, that we are progamer. Sell it at $44.99 plus shipping. Since gamestop has that price or what? You tell me.[/QUOTE]

Are you now saying that GQD made Rez?
How far will this crap go?

How is it that you get exclusive reprints though? Wouldn't the game have to be reprinted by the publisher? Also, I think you've said remake and reprint - not sure if you used both terms, but if you did, I am wondering which it is cause I guess GQD could have just made copies of Rez couldn't they? Not saying you're a pirate, just clarifying what I would be getting if I bought this. Is this an official Sega release? Thanks!

[quote name='spankmenow420']No i never claimed Rez was made by us. We did exclusive remake on the title though.[/QUOTE]

This was what you said just a couple of messages earlier:

[quote name='spankmenow420']What would prove to you guys, that we are progamer. Sell it at $44.99 plus shipping. Since gamestop has that price or what? You tell me.[/QUOTE]

I second Chickenhawk's question. IS THIS A LEGITIMATE copy of Rez or some type of Hong Kong bootleg? It's not impossible to make a disc that will boot up on a PS2 with no mods (look at HD Loader/Advance). I also assume that you'll just ignore the fact about how your statement about licensing music drives the price of the game up because you now realize that makes NO SENSE.

I meant to say pro gamer. Not programmer. Well the statement regarding costs of licensing music was stated by Sega, not a statement by me. So that was the reason why the cost of the game was higher.

This is indeed original sega release, which we requested to made exclusively for gamequest. It was remade or remanufactuered for our company. Everything is the same as the original release, just no top seal.

[quote name='spankmenow420']We are offering a game that sells for ebay for more. We are trying to make money on ebay and amazon.com i admit. That is why we are offering a deal when you buy directly from our website at $49.99.

Bobby[/QUOTE]

If you were trying to make money you wouldn've made the price go down. You know you can get MORE money for REZ just by selling one copy at the time on ebay. Like $120 instead of $80. $40 is a lot of money if you have Exclusively 10 000 + copies. I remember a guy was selling one sealed Cubivore at the time for 6-8 month, before it got reprinted. YOU decided to sell them in bulk, so you are in a harry, before everyone else gets them. Right?!
Like bradr said: Do not insult our intelligence! Don't you F||cking think there are a bunch of idiots on this site!
Looks like you guys made a deal with Gamestop. They got reprinted Gitaroo Man first and you got REZ first. :roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote name='bradr']MUSIC LICENSING?! That is TOTAL BS. Do not insult our intelligence! If going by your theory that Rez costs more, even reprinted because of having to license music, then GTA: Vice City and San Andreas should be $300-$400 a COPY! Your made up excuses make absolutely NO sense.[/QUOTE]

... You do realize that the volume that Rez has sold and will sell is nothing compared to any GTA game. Their cost structures as far as licensing goes are probably totally different.

The only people that should be irked about this are the horders and those fools who view their game collections as a monetary investment.

$50 for any of these reprints is still too much for me as I would have already bought them if I knew that I wanted them. I ignored Persona 2 simply because I was curious, but not curious enough to spend $40. Yes it's irritating that I'm not the one in mind when these reprints are sold, but can you really blame the publishers for wanting a piece of this ebay gouging?

For a game like Rez with a limited appeal that had major issues selling with it's first print run, do you really expect Sega to do a massive reprint at a budget price only to see it fail and bomb again? There's a very limited, but high demand out there and if some enterprising retailer wants to go to the publisher and request a reprint (and likely take all the financial burden onto themselves), why shouldn't they fill that demand? As long as they're up front about what the game is (not new, but a reprint) there's no problem as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='spankmenow420'] When horders complain since they can't make money by reselling on ebay, it is not our responsibility to solve there problems when they overbuy.
[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with that part. But that's about it, considering what you said in the Rhapsody/Persona 2 thread:

Okay i'm posting since every one is wondering if this title is a remake or not. The answer is i don't know either. All the answers provided to me are based on speculation, I contacted Atlus when i heard of the rumor, about inventory being available of Persona 2 & Rhapsody. Atlus claims no remake, and that is what my understanding of the situation is. The inventory is almost out of both titles, quite a few hoarders who were buying to speculate canceled. We had single orders of 50+ plus copies, which we canceled, we are trying to prevent hoarders from buying this title to a certain extent. That is why you are seeing more inventory available.

Of course in retrospect, that's a blatant fucking lie that you heard a "rumor" and you didn't know the games were reprinted. So I second Masha in telling you to stop trying to insult peoples intelligence.

So is the Rez reprint as limited as the Rhapsody, which is now in every Gamestop in the US?

I also find it very hard to believe that Sega would grant you publishing rights to make an exclusive reprinting of a game just to be able to MAKE YOURSELF MONEY. There's nothing in it for them - the amount of $ you'd fork over is insignificant. There's absolutely no incentive to produce a small amount of the games - the costs would be too much. You have to produce a number of games that will actually make it worth your while - that's why even if this is true, you are using the word "limited' very liberally. But I just don't see it happening - this concept is UNPRECENDENTED. And you are full of shit about the music licensing - 99% of the time it's a one time fee to get the rights to use the music - the amount of copies is irrelevant. When a movie licenses music, they don't pay a residual for every ticket and DVD sold - that idea is preposterous. Just like if a game goes GH and more are made, they don't have to pay more for the extra game copies (unless whoever negotiated the licensing is fucking incompetant). I'll be contacting a friend with Sega that hopefully can set me up with someone who will be able to shed some light on the situation.

But, in the very slim, slim chance that you are telling the truth and you somehow negotiated with a major game company to give you the rights to republish and distribute one of their games exclusively, I say kudos, its a great idea and has the potential to be lucrative. However, you are totally fucking up the execution of said idea.

Dave

screw it. i don't know what to believe. i'm gonna buy it from gamequestdirect.com. i've wanted a copy of rez for forever, and it seems like the worst that could happen is that i'll have spent $10-$20 too much. i'll kill myself if i sit this one out, only to later find out that gqd was being 1005 truthful. thanks for all the input guys, but i gotta bite...

There is a couple of things I wanted to say about music licensing. Since the artists have to get paid, but not necessarily on the amount it sells. Sometimes in video games they draw up contracts that have something to the effect of you get x amount of dollars for the use of the rights of the song for our game. So the artist gets paid once for them to give up the rights to a song. I know this is how it works for games for EA, (some of my friends have songs on there games) they got a flat rate for the use of the song. That is why Burnout 3, GTA series, Sports games, probably even DDR and the ilk, all drop in price and the publisher/developers don't have to pay royalties on the licensed music. To say that Sega (a major industry player) doesn't use a flat rate for licensing is ridiculous. Especially if they planned on reprinting it, and if it was printed with the same music is multiple countries. I find that false. I also have a very funny fishy feeling that all these "rare" games getting reprinted, somewhere there is a catch and a sham. and I'm sorry when you have to go through 4 pages of arguing to defend your site, I won't buy there.

[quote name='urzishra14'] So the artist gets paid once for them to give up the rights to a song.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's exactly how EA does it and how Sega does it if they expect to sell a lot of a game. They didn't expect to sell much at all of it in the states or otherwise (it wasn't brought over on the dreamcast for a reason). For the amount they planned on printing, who's to say they didn't pay per copy printed? For a game with a very limited run I'm sure it's cheaper.

You have to realize they have a limited time use for rights for music. The rights for music are often limited to 1-2 years, not infinite time period for anything.

Putting myself in a collector's shoes I completely understand why so many of them are pissed off at GQD. I know I would be furious if I paid all that money on games that I thought were original prints, but turned out to be reprints. Even so I am a gamer first and foremost and I think it's great that GQD can get these rare games reprinted. As most all of you know some of these games can be really really difficult to get a hold of and they are ridiculously expensive on ebay. If GQD can get games reprinted and sell them at a reasonable price, then that's awesome for those of us who do not collect because there are so many oop games that many of us just want to play, but can't due to people on ebay/amazon/etc. asking for far too much money for these games, even used copies go for too much. I just want to enjoy the experience that others have had by playing awesome rare games without having to spend a helluva lot of money to do it.
$49.99 is too much for a Rez reprint. I know you guys at GQD are trying to make a profit, but that's too expensive for a lot of people as are most of the reprints you guys sell. You have good intentions, but we are not just any gamers...we're cheap ass gamers. Can't you do better than that for us?

Well I am happy that there is a reprint. I wanted the PS2 version for some time now. But I am pissed that current reprints are exactly the same as the older version. I don't have any rare games and I do think that the rare games should get reprints but I do belive they should be diffrent in some way. If I were to pay for something that is a rare collectible or even if I bought it just to play it and later I found out its nothing special and I wasted my money I would be really pissed off.

Doesnt everyone have something they have that no one else has and they take pride in that? This is why people have collections, to have a sense of accomplishment and pride. But if some one comes along and offers everyone that oppertunity then it undermines your work and effort.

[quote name='serum79']Putting myself in a collector's shoes I completely understand why so many of them are pissed off at GQD. I know I would be furious if I paid all that money on games that I thought were original prints, but turned out to be reprints. Even so I am a gamer first and foremost and I think it's great that GQD can get these rare games reprinted. As most all of you know some of these games can be really really difficult to get a hold of and they are ridiculously expensive on ebay. If GQD can get games reprinted and sell them at a reasonable price, then that's awesome for those of us who do not collect because there are so many oop games that many of us just want to play, but can't due to people on ebay/amazon/etc. asking for far too much money for these games, even used copies go for too much. I just want to enjoy the experience that others have had by playing awesome rare games without having to spend a helluva lot of money to do it.
$49.99 is too much for a Rez reprint. I know you guys at GQD are trying to make a profit, but that's too expensive for a lot of people as are most of the reprints you guys sell. **You have good intentions**, but we are not just any gamers...we're cheap ass gamers. Can't you do better than that for us?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more. This is all about $ - they aren't doing us a favor. Go check some of those threads Masha screencapped.

Dave

with the exception of the white seal, are there any other differences on a reprint that set it apart from the original?
I think games that are reprinted should have a message on the front or back of the booklet stating that it is a reprint that way those who collect and have originals will still have a genuine collectible

[quote name='MightySlacker']I couldn't disagree more. This is all about $ - they aren't doing us a favor. Go check some of those threads Masha screencapped.

Dave[/QUOTE]

I know that GQD are out to make money, but they are a business and what better place to go to than a forum for gamer's, right? You would probably do the same if you owned the business.
The good intention is that they are trying to get really rare games reprinted, that's all
BUT i do believe that GQD are trying to rip us off that's why I said what I said at the bottom of my post. They are asking too much for reprints.

[quote name='serum79']with the exception of the white seal, are there any other differences on a reprint that set it apart from the original?
I think games that are reprinted should have a message on the front or back of the booklet stating that it is a reprint that way those who collect and have originals will still have a genuine collectible[/QUOTE]

The seal is the only difference. I personally rip the seal off and get rid of it. I regret doing that now. But seriously I think there should be a new cover and disc image or maybe a small box that says "Print 2" " Reprint" or something of that nature.

The message would have to be on the disc, cover and manual all at once or else how would you tell the original disc from the copy.

[quote name='serum79']with the exception of the white seal, are there any other differences on a reprint that set it apart from the original?
I think games that are reprinted should have a message on the front or back of the booklet stating that it is a reprint that way those who collect and have originals will still have a genuine collectible[/QUOTE]

No, There is NO differences. Everything is identical. I haven't seen reprinted REz, but I have reprinted RE2 and I own an original and there is NO differences.

I agree about how the reprints should be different in some way to let everyone know it is different from the original. It doesn't bother me that much that there is a re-print since I bought the game for a little under $27 shipped from BestBuy.com over 3 years ago, but it would be nice to be able to show that I own the original version if I was ever going to sell it.

[quote name='masha']No, There is NO differences. Everything is identical. I haven't seen reprinted REz, but I have reprinted RE2 and I own an original and there is NO differences.[/QUOTE]

Something definitely should be done to change that. That way people who collect won't get swindled when they buy or sell originals and people who just want to play the games can get them as reprints and play them as long as they are fairly priced. Maybe GQD should inquire the next time they get a game reprinted to have something included on the booklet that states it's a reprint

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I agree about how the reprints should be different in some way to let everyone know it is different from the original. It doesn't bother me that much that there is a re-print since I bought the game for a little under $27 shipped from BestBuy.com over 3 years ago, but it would be nice to be able to show that I own the original version if I was ever going to sell it.[/QUOTE]

There is no REZ for GameCube, Yoshi. :mrgreen:

I for one was very pleased with my so far only purchase from GQD which consisted of several PS1 games, some of which were pretty old. I dont know about this rare game business.

[quote name='serum79']I know that GQD are out to make money, but they are a business and what better place to go to than a forum for gamer's, right? You would probably do the same if you owned the business.
The good intention is that they are trying to get really rare games reprinted, that's all
BUT i do believe that GQD are trying to rip us off that's why I said what I said at the bottom of my post. They are asking too much for reprints.[/QUOTE]

they dont really have a good intention they are just trying to get the reprint first so that people dont know its a reprint and buy it like they did with rhapsody and everyone else. Then in a couple of weeks gamestop wiill have these instock used for $45

[quote name='serum79']I know that GQD are out to make money, but they are a business and what better place to go to than a forum for gamer's, right? You would probably do the same if you owned the business.
BUT i do believe that GQD are trying to rip us off that's why I said what I said at the bottom of my post. They are asking too much for reprints.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for the re-printing of games. I do not think that GQD has somehow gone out of it's way to negotiate with companies to get things reprinted. They may have information that a re-print is coming months in advance because they can place an order for it but as for them going on a crusade to get titles re-printed, I don't see that.

All the reprints that they've sold first have always showed up elsewhere a few weeks later and for less. The only advantage they have may be a distributor that is willing to allow them to have copies before the street date.

[quote name='bradr']I'm all for the re-printing of games. I do not think that GQD has somehow gone out of it's way to negotiate with companies to get things reprinted. They may have information that a re-print is coming months in advance because they can place an order for it but as for them going on a crusade to get titles re-printed, I don't see that.
.[/QUOTE]

What I don't get is why these companies would give a very unknown small time company such as GQD "exclusive" rights to these reprints, and not someone like EB / Gamestop, where they could hit a large majority of their fanbase.

[quote name='Roufuss']What I don't get is why these companies would give a very unknown small time company such as GQD "exclusive" rights to these reprints, and not someone like EB / Gamestop, where they could hit a large majority of their fanbase.[/QUOTE]

i also don't understand this....spankmenow420 said that the Rez reprint was exclusive to GQD. He/They must know some important people or something.

All these reprints are the reason I am starting to lose interest in collecting games. I mean, half the fun of collecting rare games is finding them at a pawn shop for cheap or trading. Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid gamer and play most of the games I own, but lately I've been really losing interest in purchasing games, last week I saw a Klonoa 2 and MotoGP 2, and just passed on them. I could have picked them up for people searching for them, but whats the point, eventually they will all just get a reprint.

I really fail to see how anyone would order this from GQD with the past track record. Why not just wait a few weeks to at least see if other stores get it in? I see used copies of these reprinted games all the time now.

[quote name='serum79']i also don't understand this....spankmenow420 said that the Rez reprint was exclusive to GQD. He/They must know some important people or something.[/QUOTE]

No, they just lie a lot.

bread's done
Back