Rez $49.99 new at GameQuestDirect

I guess we'll just wait and see if it goes to Gamestop or not. Even if it takes a few months, I bet it shows up :)

Here's a thought - why doesn't someone contact Sega? Ask them if they are reprinting the title just for GQD. And make sure to say that a representative is claiming that they are when you ask them.

I don't care one way or the other (I already have a copy), but it's pointless to engage in this debate with GQD.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']Here's a thought - why doesn't someone contact Sega? Ask them if they are reprinting the title just for GQD. And make sure to say that a representative is claiming that they are when you ask them.

I don't care one way or the other (I already have a copy), but it's pointless to engage in this debate with GQD.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them just for the heck of it. I'll let you know the response, that is if they do respond.

[quote name='masha']HEY spankmenow420 did you share you Exclusiveness with them?! :bouncy:

http://www.videogamegeeks.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=449

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/REZ-Playstation-2-Brand-New-Sealed-Rare-Collectible_W0QQitemZ8237412882QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BTW spankmenow420, thanks for answering NONE of my questions! :fridge:[/QUOTE]

Using froogle I found a couple of other online stores that carry it. Just search for it and oyu will easily find it. They are selling it for around 75 as well.

Here's my two cents on this, and I did purchase a copy.

I used to sit and look at ebay copies of Rez and think "I wish I had that kind of cash. I've heard this game is great!" And sure, it would be neat to own such a rare title. (The rarest game I own is Jedi Outcast II for GC).

So just as with RE2 and RE3, I hold out, and lo and behold, the game surfaces! I've had no trouble with GQD in the past. If they're no repirnts, that great, I got a rare game. If they are, then great, I got a great game that I never even had the opportunity to play before. And GQD has it first, for whatever reason, so why shouldn't they bump up the price? They're not in business to fail, close up shop and file for bankruptcy (as much as many of you might want them to, judging by the posts in this thread). They are in business to make money, and they just got another $51.11 of my hard-earned cash.

I've learned during my time at this site that gaming is still an immature culture, and most of the people who play share that trait. You guys can blast the company all you want, but the truth is, you're mad because you can't rip off someone on an auction site and make a profit, because GQD beat you to the punch. And you're sour about it, so you call them the con artists you intended to be. GQD's slogan should be, "Cry all you want, we'll make more." And I hope they keep getting their hands on rare titles, because I love having the chance to experience them. Keep blasting the company if it makes you feel better, but that type of behavior only leads to high blood pressure. I should know.

Oh, and Spankmenow420, here's a tip. Don't bother posting anymore here to defend yourself. They'll just pick your grammar apart and use your own words against you. Those who can't win, turn to immaturity instead of acceptance.

[quote name='The Truth']Here's my two cents on this, and I did purchase a copy.

I used to sit and look at ebay copies of Rez and think "I wish I had that kind of cash. I've heard this game is great!" And sure, it would be neat to own such a rare title. (The rarest game I own is Jedi Outcast II for GC).

So just as with RE2 and RE3, I hold out, and lo and behold, the game surfaces! I've had no trouble with GQD in the past. If they're no repirnts, that great, I got a rare game. If they are, then great, I got a great game that I never even had the opportunity to play before. And GQD has it first, for whatever reason, so why shouldn't they bump up the price? They're not in business to fail, close up shop and file for bankruptcy (as much as many of you might want them to, judging by the posts in this thread). They are in business to make money, and they just got another $51.11 of my hard-earned cash.

I've learned during my time at this site that gaming is still an immature culture, and most of the people who play share that trait. You guys can blast the company all you want, but the truth is, you're mad because you can't rip off someone on an auction site and make a profit, because GQD beat you to the punch. And you're sour about it, so you call them the con artists you intended to be. GQD's slogan should be, "Cry all you want, we'll make more." And I hope they keep getting their hands on rare titles, because I love having the chance to experience them. Keep blasting the company if it makes you feel better, but that type of behavior only leads to high blood pressure. I should know.

Oh, and Spankmenow420, here's a tip. Don't bother posting anymore here to defend yourself. They'll just pick your grammar apart and use your own words against you. Those who can't win, turn to immaturity instead of acceptance.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the ENTIRE point. The problem isn't that games are being reprinted. That part is great for those wanting to play the game. The problem is that just because GQD is able to get them a little early before anyone else, they come in here and say they have exclusive rights to the game, and you can ONLY buy it from them. Of course, every time it shows up somewhere else. EVERY TIME. It's even been shown in posts just above yours that it's available from other sellers right now.

All we're saying is that if you wait, you'll be able to order at a cheaper price, and from a company that doesn't try and con us every chance they get.

[quote name='Hair6a11']How long did it take for Persona / Rhapsody to hit Gamestop relative to when they hit GQD?[/QUOTE]

Posted here that GQD had Rhapsody/Persona on 08/09/2005

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62337

Posted here that GameStop had them on 08/18/2005 & 08/19/2005

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63472
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63334

Thing is that GameStop was selling them as used, but when people got them they were in brand new condition. It would seem that GameStop didn't want to sell them as new since they didn't have the security strip on them. I would assume they didn't want to upset collectors buying the game by making them think they were getting ripped off. Obviously, GQD has no problem with that.

So, if you want Rez just to play, then just wait for GS to get them in. They will be in mint condition, but listed as used so you can use a coupon. If you want to buy for collecting, then this isn't for you anyway. It won't have the security seal.

[quote name='b3b0p']Um, I don't get it.

Why is everyone so upset. This game sells for way too much otherwise.

I was satisified with Rhapsody and Persona 2. Gamequestdirect.com made me a satisfied customer. They respond to emails and answer questions. I don't get it why everyone is upset.

People have been raving to me how dumbfoundingly great this game is.

Why should I not buy it?[/QUOTE]

They respond to you if you don't have any problems with them. I got Persona 2 with a cracked case and the shrinkwrap ripped off. I got it to play it but it just sucks to open a box, see 3 foam peanuts and pieces of plastic from your "rare" game on the bottom of the box.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='urzishra14']i got a disc only REZ for 15 bucks at gamerush.. definately worth it.[/QUOTE]

I got mine from BBV complete in mint condition (looked like the game was never rented out and there was no BBV rental sticker on the disc, thank the lord) for $12.49.

I got really lucky there hehehe. About 1 year later, I got a PS2 lol.

Oh, and Spankmenow420, here's a tip. Don't bother posting anymore here to defend yourself. They'll just pick your grammar apart and use your own words against you. Those who can't win, turn to immaturity instead of acceptance.[/QUOTE]

If the only place you would look for such a game like Rez is Ebay, then you deserve to be stuck in that chair. Get off your seat and start looking for games in pawns, mom and pop stores, video rentals, hell even Goodwill's. The thrill of the hunt is the best part of searching for such rare titles. Well, that was before GQD came along.

:applause:

Thank you. Everyone seems to have a burr up their asses about GQD for no good reason. So they happen to get reprints before everyone else. They can charge whatever they want. Welcome to capitalism. If you don't like it, stfu and move out of the country. I had no problems buying Rhapsody from them and you can be sure that I ordered Rez the other day too. They had what I was looking for, a brand new sealed copy of the game that I will tear open and play. All of you guys screaming foul and wanting b.s. like reprint labels or something really need to grow up.

[quote name='Nogib']:applause:

Thank you. Everyone seems to have a burr up their asses about GQD for no good reason. So they happen to get reprints before everyone else. They can charge whatever they want. Welcome to capitalism. If you don't like it, stfu and move out of the country. I had no problems buying Rhapsody from them and you can be sure that I ordered Rez the other day too. They had what I was looking for, a brand new sealed copy of the game that I will tear open and play. All of you guys screaming foul and wanting b.s. like reprint labels or something really need to grow up.[/QUOTE]

preach it, brother! who gives a shit about the bitching and moaning of a bunch of jaded hoarders anyway? the guys complaining about gqd are probably the same bunch of assholes that go to best buy during $5 sales and buy EVERYTHING.
i want a copy of rez to play, and i don't want to wait a month or more just to save a couple of bucks. therefore, gqd gets my $50, and i'm happy to pay it.

[quote name='fwacce']You're missing the ENTIRE point. The problem isn't that games are being reprinted. That part is great for those wanting to play the game. The problem is that just because GQD is able to get them a little early before anyone else, they come in here and say they have exclusive rights to the game, and you can ONLY buy it from them. Of course, every time it shows up somewhere else. EVERY TIME. It's even been shown in posts just above yours that it's available from other sellers right now.

All we're saying is that if you wait, you'll be able to order at a cheaper price, and from a company that doesn't try and con us every chance they get.[/QUOTE]

That's a valid point. The other valid argument against GQD is their packaging, which uses unfathomably thin cardboard and literally, as others have mentioned, roughly 5 peanuts. While those are valid points of contention, they are nontheless minor ones.

Really, in the end, GQD has some sort of in. It's not as if they're saying "We will have the only Xbox 360s on 11/22," and then every store gets them. They play in the world of half-truths. They do seem to get exclusive rights to reprints of games; RE2&3, Disgaea, Rez, Rhapsody and Persona 2 (but why not 1?), and perhaps other titles as well. They claim they have exclusive rights, and lo and behold, a few weeks to a month later, other stores got in *some* of the titles (I don't think many chains got the most recent Disgaea reprint, and few chains had the RE2&3. GS had the PSOne reprints, along with BoFIV.)

They thus technically *do* have exclusivity, but for a relatively short period of time. With that in mind, here are several points I have:

1) Let the person who has never made an embellishment cast the first stone. GQD isn't lying, but they aren't being entirely truthful. Everyone in here who has traded a game or sold a game that they knowingly misidentified as being in better shape than it really was delves in half truths. That's probably a great number of us.

2) NONE of the titles that GQD has offered as a reprint has gone down significantly in price from the initial drop from absurd to MSRP. Disgaea was being sold for $50, Rhapsody and Persona $40-$50, RE2&3 were $40, etc. These aren't titles whose prices have decreased significantly from those prices. Previously they went for a fuckload to idiots on eBay, and the reprints brought the asking price down. However, why attribute any blame to GQD? Can YOU find a copy of any of the titles they offered for more than $10 less than they are asking? In what condition? Really, all this horseshit attribution that GQD rips people off fails to acknowledge that other stores are charging just as goddamned much.

3) spankmenow420 is an awful user name, but a generally nice person. I recommend you take your reprints to fatwallet, since there seems to be so many ungrateful fucks who want you to hand deliver reprints of Suikoden II on silver goddamned platters while svelte women dressed up as cosplay takes on their favorite Street Fighter characters give them oral. Instead, you post on the site that you have a copy of a game that was going for 200% of MSRP the day before is now available brand new for $50, and that, somehow, isn't good enough for everyone.

4) spankmenow, let's play honest. You shouldn't claim to only have an 11 copy reprint exclusive through American Sammy if it will be available in GS next week. Some people have valid greivances in regards to that. I'd rather buy from an independent dealer than a Barnes and Noble franchise, but it makes it hard to do when you get the feeling you're being bullshitted. I'm more than willing to forgive, but I don't like being lied to more than once.

I suppose that's that. GQD isn't the devil, but they aren't angels either. They're offering a game, brand new, for half what you could have bought a busted-ass used copy a week ago, and for that you fucks are screaming "ripoff?" Some of you are just plain bitches. :roll:

[quote name='Nogib']:applause:

Thank you. Everyone seems to have a burr up their asses about GQD for no good reason. So they happen to get reprints before everyone else. They can charge whatever they want. Welcome to capitalism. If you don't like it, stfu and move out of the country. I had no problems buying Rhapsody from them and you can be sure that I ordered Rez the other day too. They had what I was looking for, a brand new sealed copy of the game that I will tear open and play. All of you guys screaming foul and wanting b.s. like reprint labels or something really need to grow up.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't read the thread.

I don't know if anyone posted this yet (because I'm too lazy too look through everything for it), but here's a coupon for 10% off GQ12960

Why does it seem that any time there's a discussion about any type of video game "deal" it always goes back to the "you're a hoarder" name calling? I think that some people are so obsessed about who's hoarding and what they're missing out on that they can't open their minds to what is really being said. My thoughts:

This site is "cheapassgamer". I personally would like us to get the best deal we can on games. I don't go around buying hundreds of games at sales. Those of us who bring up the point that GQD has on many occasions offered "rare" title reprints at "normal" prices first and then in a few weeks time, those titles show up for $10-30 less elsewhere are only pointing out facts that have occurred on many occasions in the past. If people didn't always jump on GQD's initial offerings first and waited for other stores to get the titles then GQD would either offer these titles at a lower price initially or all the hoarders would buy them and get screwed when the other stores offer them at a lower price than GQD. Either way, those of us who want the game but at the best possible fair price we can get will get the game and those of us who hate hoarders will also be able to see them lose money on the deal. In particular, if you do not have Rez, you have definitely waited longer than a month to get it. Will another month to save $10-30 on the title really kill you? With everyone who says that this site's given them this huge backlog of games to play, I'm sure you'll be able to find something to occupy your time until the other sites get their Rez's.

Just like how it's GQD's right to charge whatever they want, and it's your right to buy it from them or whomever you choose, it's also not out of the question that people here can voice their opinions about GQD and also make it known that in the past, titles have shown up cheaper later elsewhere.

I don't understand why some would like to see some type of "gag order" on what GQD's done in the past? Especially for a site called "Cheap Ass Gamer".

[quote name='fwacce']Posted here that GQD had Rhapsody/Persona on 08/09/2005

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62337

Posted here that GameStop had them on 08/18/2005 & 08/19/2005

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63472
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63334

Thing is that GameStop was selling them as used, but when people got them they were in brand new condition. It would seem that GameStop didn't want to sell them as new since they didn't have the security strip on them. I would assume they didn't want to upset collectors buying the game by making them think they were getting ripped off. Obviously, GQD has no problem with that.

So, if you want Rez just to play, then just wait for GS to get them in. They will be in mint condition, but listed as used so you can use a coupon. If you want to buy for collecting, then this isn't for you anyway. It won't have the security seal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response . I purchased Rhapsody-Persona from gamestop in a buy 2 get 1 sale... - and I plan on buying Rez from gamestop if they have them as well. Hopefully sometime next monday or so -

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Their is a GameQuestDirect store in the Montebello Town Center.

I say you people go there and kick some ass.[/QUOTE]

Wow! It never clicked in my head that the store in that mall and this online company were one and the same. Whenever I go there though, I always pass up on entering.
Granted, they do seem to have harder to find games in some instances.

[quote name='Nogib'] They can charge whatever they want. Welcome to capitalism. If you don't like it, stfu and move out of the country.[/QUOTE]

This is always a very unintelligent argument. Whenever someone complains about a certain store's practices, someone like this winner screams CAPITALISM and tells you to leave the country. Well, when Best Buy continually tries to screw people over, no one screams CAPITALISM with them and says they are allowed to do whatever they want. It's not that Best Buy makes money that's the problem, it's how they do it. It's the same here. Just because we live in a capitalistic society doesn't mean companies can do whatever they want to make money. That's why we have laws to govern corporations form committing fraud. So, no one says that GQD can't make money. All we're saying is that they need to stop dicking us around while doing so.

Go re-think your argument now and come back with something more intelligent. Then, you can participate in the debate with the rest of us.

since I have been looking for few other rare games, I called GQD number on the website. According to customer service person, GQ started as a place to buy hard-to-find and rare games but now they are focusing on reprinting all if not all rare games which they also wholesale to other companies after few weeks including GameStop. He said they sold GS the game USED since they no longer want to carry new games which they are selling at lower price than they bought since they want people to trade there other used games. Also, they are in talking to Konami, Capcom, Atari, Atlus, Koei, Midway for reprinting all other games that sells for over 50 on Ebay. now I think that is cool but the prices need to lower for some but I guess they can charge full price since ebay sellers are charging much more. Call yourself and dail 0 and ask about other remakes and they will probably tell you the samething.

My recommend titles for Reprint: Suikoden PS Under40, Castlevania Chronicles Under
40, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 will be the best!

enjoylifengame = spankmenow420 = the same friggin GQD employee.

New member with 3 posts all in this thread touting how great GQD is and how they are trying to help gamers by getting things reprinted for them. Dude, at least go make a few fake posts in a different thread to make it less obvious you just created a new nick.

[quote name='enjoylifengame']since I have been looking for few other rare games, I called GQD number on the website. According to customer service person, GQ started as a place to buy hard-to-find and rare games but now they are focusing on reprinting all if not all rare games which they also wholesale to other companies after few weeks including GameStop. He said they sold GS the game USED since they no longer want to carry new games which they are selling at lower price than they bought since they want people to trade there other used games. Also, they are in talking to Konami, Capcom, Atari, Atlus, Koei, Midway for reprinting all other games that sells for over 50 on Ebay. now I think that is cool but the prices need to lower for some but I guess they can charge full price since ebay sellers are charging much more. Call yourself and dail 0 and ask about other remakes and they will probably tell you the samething.

My recommend titles for Reprint: Suikoden PS Under40, Castlevania Chronicles Under
40, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 will be the best![/QUOTE]

LOL I'm sure they sold gamestop the reprints more like gamestop bought them from the manufacturer the kids lying to you

[quote name='fwacce']enjoylifengame = spankmenow420 = the same friggin GQD employee.

New member with 3 posts all in this thread touting how great GQD is and how they are trying to help gamers by getting things reprinted for them. Dude, at least go make a few fake posts in a different thread to make it less obvious you just created a new nick.[/QUOTE]

hehe...It's getting better and better everyday. :lol: He thinks he is the smartest thing on this board.

It says Retail price: $89.99 on their website. Hey Quest? why don't you make it a $100 :booty:

[quote name='bradr']Those of us who bring up the point that GQD has on many occasions offered "rare" title reprints at "normal" prices first and then in a few weeks time, those titles show up for $10-30 less elsewhere are only pointing out facts that have occurred on many occasions in the past.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you tell us which title offered by GQD can be found for $30 cheaper and where?

For that matter, which titles, other than rhapsody and Persona 2, can be found $10 cheaper? You're also comparing "new" and "used" item prices. You can claim (falaciously, I might add) that would be the case, but you're ignoring the fact that GS is selling them as "used," when the "new" prices would be identical, or in a best case scenario, $5 cheaper, which makes it all but moot.

If you want to be a bitch, back up your empty claims.

Yay now we've made it to the opposite of the "you should only buy games to play" argument. You're saying you need the shrinkwrap because you are going to hoard a reprinted game. And you're going to hoard them at $50 each? Good for you.

I picked up Gitaroo Man and 2 other games with B2G1 this weekend at GS. Of course it was mint...they ALL ARE as everybody already knows. If you have a card (most people at least know somebody who has one) it comes to less than $30 per game.

But hey let's all listen to Myke "GQD" Vermin some more he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

[quote name='fwacce']This is always a very unintelligent argument. Whenever someone complains about a certain store's practices, someone like this winner screams CAPITALISM and tells you to leave the country. Well, when Best Buy continually tries to screw people over, no one screams CAPITALISM with them and says they are allowed to do whatever they want. It's not that Best Buy makes money that's the problem, it's how they do it. It's the same here. Just because we live in a capitalistic society doesn't mean companies can do whatever they want to make money. That's why we have laws to govern corporations form committing fraud. So, no one says that GQD can't make money. All we're saying is that they need to stop dicking us around while doing so.

Go re-think your argument now and come back with something more intelligent. Then, you can participate in the debate with the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Pfft, learn something about how business actually works in the world before ever returing to this thread again. That way you'll at least maybe look less like a complete ass next time.

[quote name='Jeoff']But hey let's all listen to Myke "GQD" Vermin some more he sounds like he knows what he's talking about.[/QUOTE]

I receommend you spend more time in the forums; you'll realize that I participate far more than your deligtfully unenlightened self, and you'll realize that I live for argument.

Evidently you seem to have glossed over the part of my first post in this thread where I pointed out that spankmenow needs to be more forthcoming in how exclusive their reprints are. With that in mind, it makes you look kinda foolish, no?

Perhaps not as much as singling out my fantastic self and trying to be Mr. Cool-Make-Fun-of-You-Pants. Seriously, kid, go sit down, have mom make you an Ovaltine, maybe try to get your sister to let you touch her there again, and think about what a goddamned idiot you made yourself look like by accusing me of conspiring with some bastard that has "420" in his name.

EDIT: And you've done a delightful job, I must add, responding to the question I put forth: which games that GQD rereleased can be found for $30 cheaper elsewhere? I set this up as a challenge because I'm gonna go hoard the motherfuckers. Of course that's not true; what I'm pointing out is this:

Rez at GS: $45 USED, and not (yet, you may reasonably argue) in stock. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938360

RE3 at GS: $40 USED, exactly what GQD charged for them NEW: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=916229

RE2 at GS: Same as RE3: GQD charged the same for the NEW version as GS charged for the USED one: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=916228

Rhapsody at GS: $39.99, $10 cheaper for a USED product. Okay, that's a reasonable contention. It's still considered USED stock, however, which must account for some of the price discretion (although not always, in the case of RE2/3): http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=933969

Persona 2 at GS: $29.99, and $20 cheaper than GQD charges. Okay, I'll admit that $20 is a remarkable difference, and let's put that one in your column. You have one thing to reasonably bitch about, but only one. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=934499

Disgaea: $45 at GS: Same as Rez; it's USED merch, that, if it were new stock, would be selling for exactly the same price as GQD charges. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938786

You see, in the end, with the exception of Persona 2 (and why the whore didn't Persona 1 not get a reprint? Who the fuck wants to start in the middle of a story?), you're STILL paying the SAME GODDAMNED PRICE AT GAMESTOP.

THAT WAS MY fuckING POINT. I'm not waving a flag for anybody, but I am the sonofabitch that brought proof to the table that you smarmy little bitches are all but incorrect. OTOH, if you limited your tirade to "ZOMG TEH GQD PERSONSA 2 RIPOFF!!1!!!1!1," then you'd be onto something.

In the end, you're likely getting the same product at GS or GQD; pick one, pick neither, pick your nose, do whatever the fuck you want, and fucking shop there. Just don't expect me to stand idly by while you twats make shit up about how all these games are available for $20-30 less than what GQD charges, while I happen to know you're all full of shit.

And a good day to you.

[quote name='mykevermin']I receommend you spend more time in the forums; you'll realize that I participate far more than your deligtfully unenlightened self, and you'll realize that I live for argument.

Evidently you seem to have glossed over the part of my first post in this thread where I pointed out that spankmenow needs to be more forthcoming in how exclusive their reprints are. With that in mind, it makes you look kinda foolish, no?

Perhaps not as much as singling out my fantastic self and trying to be Mr. Cool-Make-Fun-of-You-Pants. Seriously, kid, go sit down, have mom make you an Ovaltine, maybe try to get your sister to let you touch her there again, and think about what a goddamned idiot you made yourself look like by accusing me of conspiring with some bastard that has "420" in his name.

EDIT: And you've done a delightful job, I must add, responding to the question I put forth: which games that GQD rereleased can be found for $30 cheaper elsewhere? I set this up as a challenge because I'm gonna go hoard the motherfuckers. Of course that's not true; what I'm pointing out is this:

Rez at GS: $45 USED, and not (yet, you may reasonably argue) in stock. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938360

RE3 at GS: $40 USED, exactly what GQD charged for them NEW: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=916229

RE2 at GS: Same as RE3: GQD charged the same for the NEW version as GS charged for the USED one: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=916228

Rhapsody at GS: $39.99, $10 cheaper for a USED product. Okay, that's a reasonable contention. It's still considered USED stock, however, which must account for some of the price discretion (although not always, in the case of RE2/3): http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=933969

Persona 2 at GS: $29.99, and $20 cheaper than GQD charges. Okay, I'll admit that $20 is a remarkable difference, and let's put that one in your column. You have one thing to reasonably bitch about, but only one. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=934499

Disgaea: $45 at GS: Same as Rez; it's USED merch, that, if it were new stock, would be selling for exactly the same price as GQD charges. http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938786

You see, in the end, with the exception of Persona 2 (and why the whore didn't Persona 1 not get a reprint? Who the fuck wants to start in the middle of a story?), you're STILL paying the SAME GODDAMNED PRICE AT GAMESTOP.

THAT WAS MY fuckING POINT. I'm not waving a flag for anybody, but I am the sonofabitch that brought proof to the table that you smarmy little bitches are all but incorrect. OTOH, if you limited your tirade to "ZOMG TEH GQD PERSONSA 2 RIPOFF!!1!!!1!1," then you'd be onto something.

In the end, you're likely getting the same product at GS or GQD; pick one, pick neither, pick your nose, do whatever the fuck you want, and fucking shop there. Just don't expect me to stand idly by while you twats make shit up about how all these games are available for $20-30 less than what GQD charges, while I happen to know you're all full of shit.

And a good day to you.[/QUOTE]

gamestop has % off codes what make them cheaper and i why in the hell would you buy from a company that dont even allow people to return damage games.. i waited for 3 weeks to get a return number to return my game with the crack case but they never gave me one. so i will never deal with this company again cause they say the accept returns but when it comes time to get the number they will not email you back. I deal with gamestop 1 billion times before i give this company another fucking penny

[quote name='mykevermin']

EDIT: And you've done a delightful job, I must add, responding to the question I put forth: which games that GQD rereleased can be found for $30 cheaper elsewhere? I set this up as a challenge because I'm gonna go hoard the motherers. Of course that's not true; what I'm pointing out is this:

RE3 at GS: $40 USED, exactly what GQD charged for them NEW: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=916229

RE2 at GS: Same as RE3: GQD charged the same for the NEW version as GS charged for the USED one: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=916228

[/QUOTE]

They started selling those both at $50, but once the jig was up they had to drop them to $40 within a week to 3 weeks because they couldn't move them at $50 anymore because they were cheaper elsewhere.

www.gexpress.com has RE2 at $28.99 and RE3 at $24.49 NEW, btw. Yes, they're reputable.

They also have Rhapsody NEW for $34.49.

GQD has every right to charge what they want, but patience is key if you know a title is a reprint and thus can be found cheaper relatively soon.

[quote name='slidecage']gamestop has % off codes what make them cheaper and i why in the hell would you buy from a company that dont even allow people to return damage games.. i waited for 3 weeks to get a return number to return my game with the crack case but they never gave me one. so i will never deal with this company again cause they say the accept returns but when it comes time to get the number they will not email you back. I deal with gamestop 1 billion times before i give this company another fucking penny[/QUOTE]

People, slidecage's post is a prefect example of how being succint is a great thing. In response to that realy really long post, slidecage sums it up that the problem lies with who you want to give your money to more. The games actually ARE cheaper at GS, and they turned out to be brand new games with just the wrapper removed, but even if they were the same price, I would still give GS my business over GQD due to how they treat their customer base. Besides, with the 25% coupon, they end up being much cheaper at GS than posted above.

[quote name='nikkai']Ladies and gentlemen, I believe mykevermin has found the limit to the shaqfu censor... I saw one slip! =D[/QUOTE]

I thought it was commonly known that if you typed it in all caps, you didn't get "shaq-fu"ed. Well, now you know.

Succinct is one thing I am not. That's not really a good or bad thing in the end; I have the effort to type a thorough post, and if you don't have the effort to read it? Well, in that case, I don't think the fault lies on my end.

And you may have a point about coupons (though, to be fair, GQD does occasionally offer coupons, just not 25% off). At the same time, only *2* of the reprinted titles were opened and sold as used at gamestop: Persona 2 and Rhapsody. Perhaps there is proof that GS is opening Disgaea and RE to sell them as used, but I don't know if that is true or not (but I also don't understand why GS is selling them as used anyway). So, in the end, your point about coupons is merely a technicality; if they were being sold as *new* then coupons would not apply. Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that GS is selling new reprints as used other than the two PS1 games (though others have mentioned picking up Gitaroo Man in a B2G1 sale, which typically applies to used titles, so perhaps I'm wrong here).

In the end, none of those titles, Persona 2 notwithstanding, begins to approach the $30 cheaper than GQD that someone claimed earlier. Your caveats about coupons are well noted, but I do believe that's more a technicality than it is anything else (given that we're comparind *retail* prices, and not prices after coupon, free shipping, and employee discount, for instance).

[quote name='mykevermin']I thought it was commonly known that if you typed it in all caps, you didn't get "shaq-fu"ed. Well, now you know.

Succinct is one thing I am not. That's not really a good or bad thing in the end; I have the effort to type a thorough post, and if you don't have the effort to read it? Well, in that case, I don't think the fault lies on my end.

And you may have a point about coupons (though, to be fair, GQD does occasionally offer coupons, just not 25% off). At the same time, only *2* of the reprinted titles were opened and sold as used at gamestop: Persona 2 and Rhapsody. Perhaps there is proof that GS is opening Disgaea and RE to sell them as used, but I don't know if that is true or not (but I also don't understand why GS is selling them as used anyway). So, in the end, your point about coupons is merely a technicality; if they were being sold as *new* then coupons would not apply. Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that GS is selling new reprints as used other than the two PS1 games (though others have mentioned picking up Gitaroo Man in a B2G1 sale, which typically applies to used titles, so perhaps I'm wrong here).

In the end, none of those titles, Persona 2 notwithstanding, begins to approach the $30 cheaper than GQD that someone claimed earlier. Your caveats about coupons are well noted, but I do believe that's more a technicality than it is anything else (given that we're comparind *retail* prices, and not prices after coupon, free shipping, and employee discount, for instance).[/QUOTE]

at least gamestop and eb takes back damaged game while GQD never gives you a return number to send the game back.,...

Well, slidecage, as I mentioned in the first post I made in this thread, I think that they poorly package their products; this is normally a problem as is, but when you are targeting collectors as a demographic, it's just plain idiocy to risk your product.

Your contention about returning items is entirely valid and I think that GQD totally owes you some compensation. However, having read most of the other posts in this thread that claim GQD is ripping people off, only you and those who mention how they're ripping people off via eBay and amazon have valid points.

My arguments before were directed at those who claimed that GQD's retail prices were $10-30 higher than other stores, which, as I demonstrated, is totally untrue. Your contention is different, and one I think is valid.

[quote name='bmarquardt']GQD has every right to charge what they want, but patience is key if you know a title is a reprint and thus can be found cheaper relatively soon.[/QUOTE]

That's the single most crucial point in this whole thread.

Slidecage, PM me your information and I will take care of your problem. As i stated before. You never provided me the information, until you do. I will unable to resolve problem and provide another copy of rhapsody free from any damage, which occured during transit.

[quote name='spankmenow420']Slidecage, PM me your information and I will take care of your problem. As i stated before. You never provided me the information, until you do. I will unable to resolve problem and provide another copy of rhapsody free from any damage, which occured during transit.[/QUOTE]

Don't fall for it slide. The only reason he's offering now is because you called them out in this thread. If he really wanted to make good on your order, he would have just PMed you. It's obviously worth doing it in the thread to try and make up for the bad name they're getting. Besides, if they were reputable, they would have done it to begin with. It's funny how he tries to make it like it's your fault by not giving your information. What a winner this guy is.

[quote name='mykevermin']Why don't you tell us which title offered by GQD can be found for $30 cheaper and where?

For that matter, which titles, other than rhapsody and Persona 2, can be found $10 cheaper? You're also comparing "new" and "used" item prices. You can claim (falaciously, I might add) that would be the case, but you're ignoring the fact that GS is selling them as "used," when the "new" prices would be identical, or in a best case scenario, $5 cheaper, which makes it all but moot.

If you want to be a bitch, back up your empty claims.[/QUOTE]

I respect you and have always felt that you have made very intelligent posts. I'm sorry that you feel the need to start defending GQD to the point where it's almost obsessive (and the name calling's overboard).

If you need an example: Resident Evil 2 for GC. Initially GQD sold them on here for $50 ($80 on eBay and Amazon). Game Express now has them for $28.99 and some sellers on eBay have been selling them for even less. I didn't look up Resident Evil 3 for GC but I'm sure the numbers will be similar. * EDIT * Someone already beat me to the post with those examples.

As for Rhapsody/Persona 2 at Gamestop. The term "used" is loose at best. Sure, there's no shrinkwrap/cellophane on those games but by all reports, they are brand new, even better quality than most "display" copies. Most gamers on here care about playing the game, so they'll open up the games anyway ... so, no difference except the price.

Once again, this has nothing to do with being dicked over by GQD, I've never ordered a single thing from them. It's about what they've done five - six times now and it doesn't seem right. Just like how everyone used to jump in to warn people about "Buyrite", those of us who post about GQD's practices are just doing the same.

We may always disagree on GQD and I'm cool with that.

Fair enough, bradr. One thing that I can't deny (as evidenced by their sales on eBay and Amazon) is that they certainly aren't reticent to take advantage of people.

On the other hand, someone else (fwacce?) remarked that GQD charged $50 for each RE reprint, which I didn't know; I was under the impression that they charged MSRP, or $40, for the reprints.

Either way, I stand by my post that points out that, as of yesterday, every single title GQD claimed to have exclusive reprints of, except for RE2 (and probably RE3) is well within the same price range as GQD initially asked for on their site. The disparity you claimed simply isn't there. As far as RE is concerned, I'm interested to see how long Game Express has been asking $28.99 (which is closer to $10 off what GQD charges, although it seems to be legitimately $20; either way, it isn't $30, and it's only one example). If they started charging $28.99 back in February (or whenever the reprint occurred), then you have a valid point. OTOH, if they started dropped the price to that much, or if they didn't get any stock in until recently, then it should be taken to reflect that GQD was ripping people off almost a year ago.

In the end, I'm neither pro nor con to GQD (I'll bet you're getting a good chuckle out of that). I have ordered from them before, and I was very unimpressed with their packaging. I am a gamer, so I wasn't concerned in the slightest with the "white factory seal controversy." I can admit that they weren't entirely truthful, but I haven't really paid that much more for games from them than I would have elsewhere.

Had I been more patient, I would have found them cheaper. My impatience, however, isn't GQD's fault.

You would compare them to buyrite? That's mostly unfair, and a bold claim to make. It would appear that slidecage's grousing about his packaging should earn him some recompensation; however, I think you can agree that we are very far from a "buyrite" scenario. Buyrite is a whole other monster.

And me? obsessive? Hardly. Devil's advocate? Bingo.

Myke,

Looking back at the old RE2 thread, this is (to the best of my knowledge) how it went down:

A member (possibly someone who has ties using a "fake" account) posted that there was a goldmine (goldmine was actually used, implying that these could sell for a lot on eBay? Done possibly to entice the hoarders?) to be had (RE2 for $40 at GQD). The price is then raised to $50 after a few hours. A lot of discussion about reprints, etc go on (I didn't re-read them so I can't recap that part). *About 2 or 3 days later Game Express offers it at $26.99* (actually a little cheaper than now). The difference is $13 - $23 depending on when you ordered. When I listed the $10-30, I took into account the people who may have bought them for $80+ on eBay. We'll split the difference in that argument and attribute it to miscommunication then?

The only comparison I meant to make with GQD and Buy Rite was how people feel the need to warn other people of the company's practices. I was not commenting that the practices are similar (you will receive what you order from GQD (NOT a guarantee by me :) )). I do feel that it would help some members make a more informed decision to know that this type of thing in the past has always turned out to be cheaper later on elsewhere and that the "rare" game may have just gotten a little less rare.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed when I buy a game and then see it for $10 (or even $5) less somewhere else a month or two later (usually, I haven't even opened it to play yet). I know a lot of us probably feel the same way. For some of us, it's the money (even $5 could mean another game) and for some of us it's the principle. For most of us, it's probably both and that's why I feel the way I do about it.

I think for most part, all of us on this site are on the same side (finding the cheapest deals for games) even though we disagree once in a while. After all, what fun would it be if all of us always agreed. ;)

[quote name='bradr']Personally, I'm a little disappointed when I buy a game and then see it for $10 (or even $5) less somewhere else a month or two later (usually, I haven't even opened it to play yet). I know a lot of us probably feel the same way. For some of us, it's the money (even $5 could mean another game) and for some of us it's the principle. For most of us, it's probably both and that's why I feel the way I do about it.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. Someone's post earlier made me picture a curve diagram (I have the imagination of a total nerd) where the horizontal axis would be price, and the vertical would be interest in purchasing. That is, there are some people who will jump on a title at any price (those who tend to buy on release day), while others will wait, and wait, and wait, and wait until the game is within their individuall defined "cheap zone," whether that is $20, $10, or $5. I think that can be tied into the feeling some gamers have insofar as they resent purchases they make when the item can be found even $5 cheaper a bit later.

This is totally confounded when it comes to games that are rare/have low print runs/or are in demand. Finding a game in that category throws the traditional line of reasoning out the window; take for instance, the glee with which people gloat about having spent only $70 on a copy of Suikoden II (and the adulation that follows). It's an absurd price, to be sure, but when will they come across another copy for that price? Therein, as they say, lies the catch. People jump on these titles because their previous availability was limited, and their future availability is very uncertain. So, you may postpone buying Rare Game X because it might come out later for cheaper. But, many people reason, it might not.

As I'm afraid this conversation might be headed into what is a "true" CAG, I'm going to step aside, because that's a messy conversation I want to stay the hell away from.

I must say that I'm very curious to find out how many copies of Rhapsody and Persona 2 fatherofcaitlyn purchased. I don't hide my disdain for any overt hoarder, and I recall (on page 1?) he expressed his unhappiness at the lack of the "white factory seal" on a copy he purchased. I am skeptical, however, that he only purchased one. Every time GQD's practices hurt hoarders, then an angel gets its wings.

[quote name='sonarrat']They're charging an extra $50 on Amazon, too.

If they reprint Valkyrie Profile, I'm going to sell all my systems, because it is ALL OVER. I just paid $100 for that game a week ago.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this in another thread about 3 months ago. I went to pick up my copy of Rhapsody in person. The guy said they were trying work things out, so they can release VP and Suickoden 2.

[quote name='fwacce']Don't fall for it slide. The only reason he's offering now is because you called them out in this thread. If he really wanted to make good on your order, he would have just PMed you. It's obviously worth doing it in the thread to try and make up for the bad name they're getting. Besides, if they were reputable, they would have done it to begin with. It's funny how he tries to make it like it's your fault by not giving your information. What a winner this guy is.[/QUOTE]

Slidecage, PM me your information and I will take care of your problem. As i stated before. You never provided me the information, until you do. I will unable to resolve problem and provide another copy of rhapsody free from any damage, which occured during transit.
spankmenow420
View Public Profile
Send a private message to spankmenow420
Find More Posts by spankmenow420
Add spankmenow420 to Your Buddy List

Today, 12:08 PM #142
fwacce
Cheap Ass Veteran

Originally Posted by spankmenow420

Don't fall for it slide. The only reason he's offering now is because you called them out in this thread. If he really wanted to make good on your order, he would have just PMed you. It's obviously worth doing it in the thread to try and make up for the bad name they're getting. Besides, if they were reputable, they would have done it to begin with. It's funny how he tries to make it like it's your fault by not giving your information. What a winner this guy is.

i cant really talk for that person since i talked to people By email (i think i did pm them once , but i think another person took it over by email) i tihnk i pm him and see what they do

I don't have a problem with them re-realeasing the game(after all it is about money for the game companies, not keeping collector's happy). If there is huge demand for the game why not try to capitalize on it. Where i have a HUGE problem is the fact that they make the damn reprints look the exact same, therefore wiping out any value!! How come they can't do a greatest hits sort of thing and change the cover. Then the originals retain their value but the company still makes money.

bread's done
Back