Rhapsody & Persona 2, factory sealed in stock, www.gamequestdirect.com

does fedex or whoever ships these leave them at your door or do you have to go down and sign for them. Im to get them tomorrow but i wont be home all freaking day.

[quote name='slidecage']does fedex or whoever ships these leave them at your door or do you have to go down and sign for them. Im to get them tomorrow but i wont be home all freaking day.[/QUOTE]

When FedEx shipped my headphones a week ago, they missed me the 1st run, and said I either go and pick em up, or they come back the next day they ship (Monday for me, since it was Friday). They leave a lil door-knob hanging form that you can sign so they leave it next time no matter what (and there's a form to fill out if you want them to just leave stuff from then on, without having you sign anything).

What I hated was they said I should call the depot place before coming to pick it up (I was going to pick it up, but later couldn't), but there is no way to find out the specific local Fed Ex depot's number. If you try through 1800-GOFEDEX, you need to set up an account with them to schedule a pickup. Online was a no-go as well, I didn't have a Fed Ex account #. All in all, it was pure bullshit, but I got my headphones in the end...

[quote name='humidore']When FedEx shipped my headphones a week ago, they missed me the 1st run, and said I either go and pick em up, or they come back the next day they ship (Monday for me, since it was Friday). They leave a lil door-knob hanging form that you can sign so they leave it next time no matter what (and there's a form to fill out if you want them to just leave stuff from then on, without having you sign anything).

What I hated was they said I should call the depot place before coming to pick it up (I was going to pick it up, but later couldn't), but there is no way to find out the specific local Fed Ex depot's number. If you try through 1800-GOFEDEX, you need to set up an account with them to schedule a pickup. Online was a no-go as well, I didn't have a Fed Ex account #. All in all, it was pure bullshit, but I got my headphones in the end...[/QUOTE]

You can call the 800-GOFEDEX # to get in touch with the local distribution facility. By 7 or so, they vans are back at the FedEx office, so you should be able to pick it up after that point. Done it a few times myself.

yea it shows they got here today at 230am. hopefully i will be home when they bring them or i will have to run there tomorrow. I was able to dump a Disc only rhapsody for 29.95 on ebay last night. (got it off eb for that much)

anyone who ordered more then 1 order. Did all your orders come at one time. I got my first package today and i was like i should have 3 and they go there is only 1 at this address. Should i worry or give it a few more days (all 3 packages was to get here today)

Got everything I ordered today, and it's all in great condition.

Looking at the inside of Rhapsody, it doesn't have anything to indicate a reprint, and has the registration card inside as well. It didn't have the sticker, nor does Persona, but it looks good otherwise.

I'd order from the site again. They have some rare stuff, even if some of it is at insane prices.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone who ordered more then 1 order. Did all your orders come at one time. I got my first package today and i was like i should have 3 and they go there is only 1 at this address. Should i worry or give it a few more days (all 3 packages was to get here today)[/QUOTE]

I ordered two orders, one large and one small, and they both arrived today in mint condition. No complaints. I ordered them on the same day though, so I don't know if you did as well or not

[quote name='tayaf69']I ordered two orders, one large and one small, and they both arrived today in mint condition. No complaints. I ordered them on the same day though, so I don't know if you did as well or not[/QUOTE]

it says all 3 orders came to my UPS office at 230am ready to ship out today BUT only one order showed at my door.. If i dont have them by Friday i think i worry then

My copy of Persona 2 hasn't moved beyond the "ORIGIN SCAN" on the UPS order tracker since Friday. It's supposed to come in this Friday, but it looks as if it's just sitting in the original UPS terminal instead of being shipped. Damn, this sucks. I've wanted to play this game for awhile.

i got back home and 1 box was sitting on my door step. I dont know if there was 1 or 2 boxes (since i still got 2 packages) What happens if i never get my 3rd box (or if they say they put two boxes on the door step) They put the freaking game out in the open , the first one that came earier i had to sign for

i am suppose to get mine tomo=D hope it comes because i am goin to put a letter on the door saying leave the package because i wont be home:(
got work : construction/remodeling restaurants and etc.

PLEASE COME TOMO ^_^

[quote name='slidecage']i got back home and 1 box was sitting on my door step. I dont know if there was 1 or 2 boxes (since i still got 2 packages) What happens if i never get my 3rd box (or if they say they put two boxes on the door step) They put the freaking game out in the open , the first one that came earier i had to sign for[/QUOTE]
This is through UPS. They insure their shipments. You just have to file a claim with them. I filed one last week. It's pretty painless. Don't worry about it slide, it'll show up.

I ordered twice from the website; once on one day, the second time on the next day, and both my packages arrived today. They are sealed and fine. Definitely better than I expected this to work out, so I'm happy and hopefully will purchase from them again in the near future!

My Persona 2 and Rhapsody came today. It felt weird to have a copy of Persona 2 that didn't rattle. (My sealed original print has a disc loose inside)

Anyway, on to a more important thought. This might be the last print run ever for a PS1 game. Unless some other games get re-released like this, I can't imagine any other PS1 game currently being manufactured. I thought it was kind of neat in a videogame geekish sort of way that I might have gotten one of the last batch of the PS games ever manufactured.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I'm glad this deal worked out and wasn't one big fat scam. I may check out their Dreamcast selection once I get some damn money again.[/QUOTE]

thats why if you ever doubt something, you should always read my posts...i speaks the truth like whoa

hey i got mine today but both cases are cracked. is there any way to switch the case like you could do with a standard one cd case?

[quote name='psincubus']hey i got mine today but both cases are cracked. is there any way to switch the case like you could do with a standard one cd case?[/QUOTE]

yes, you can switch the case.
(Assuming you have a spare case or a crappy game/album you don't care for)

[quote name='psincubus']hey i got mine today but both cases are cracked. is there any way to switch the case like you could do with a standard one cd case?[/QUOTE]

i would email the seller and tell them both cases are cracked and ask for new copies once you send yours back .. i wouldnt keep something that is broke that i paid 50 bucks for

No. I emailed GQD a week or so ago asking about whether this was a re-print, and where they got these. I was told that they didn't know if they had been re-printed, and that they work with the publishers to try and find loose stock.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']No. I emailed GQD a week or so ago asking about whether this was a re-print, and where they got these. I was told that they didn't know if they had been re-printed, and that they work with the publishers to try and find loose stock.[/QUOTE]

when i email them . they said it was a reprint.

I got Persona 2 and Rhapsody last night. The box was already damaged and when I opened it, Persona 2 had a huge crack on the back side. The box was barely big enough for the games and they put at the most 20 foam peanuts in it. I also got the expired coupon. Since this was a rare item, I doubt they have extras so I'm going to ask for some sort of rebate. What do you guys think? Is $30 enough for my pain and suffering of receiving a rare game in such a shitty condition? The disc looked fine by the way but I had to open the seal to inspect the disc which is still in mint condition.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='depascal22']I got Persona 2 and Rhapsody last night. The box was already damaged and when I opened it, Persona 2 had a huge crack on the back side. The box was barely big enough for the games and they put at the most 20 foam peanuts in it. I also got the expired coupon. Since this was a rare item, I doubt they have extras so I'm going to ask for some sort of rebate. What do you guys think? Is $30 enough for my pain and suffering of receiving a rare game in such a shitty condition? The disc looked fine by the way but I had to open the seal to inspect the disc which is still in mint condition.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]
Try to get a complete refund.

[quote name='depascal22']I got Persona 2 and Rhapsody last night. The box was already damaged and when I opened it, Persona 2 had a huge crack on the back side. The box was barely big enough for the games and they put at the most 20 foam peanuts in it. I also got the expired coupon. Since this was a rare item, I doubt they have extras so I'm going to ask for some sort of rebate. What do you guys think? Is $30 enough for my pain and suffering of receiving a rare game in such a shitty condition? The disc looked fine by the way but I had to open the seal to inspect the disc which is still in mint condition.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

Mine was in that nasty box, with maybe 8 peanuts.. luckally they made it safely. I think we should demand a new coupon till 2006 at least. It would be ok if the coupon was only for a few days like aug 31... but it expired before this deal was even going on o.0

I think they probably print that coupon out on all receipts, change it for the month (since the code is "save5sept" or something similar. My guess is they changed the coupon code to reflect August, and simply forgot to change the expiration date on it.

Mine arrived safely, and though I thank the OP for the notification and free shipping (he/she could have gone to gamefaqs, for those of you clutching copies of these games yet continue to remain thankless), the packaging did leave a little to be desired (if only due to the anal retentive compulsions of PSX RPG collectors. Still, thanks!

Hey,
Just wanted to thank the OP.I had been looking for a deal for Persona 2 and almost paid a lot more to get a complete copy with the bous disc before i found this thread.(had already snagged me a copy of Rhapsody via a trade)My copy arrived safe and sound and everything is in pristine condition the only difference is the no sticker along the top but everything else is exactly the same.thanks again for the deal and now i am one step closer to rounding out my PS1 RPG Collection. :):)

Not that there was a doubt with all the posters here already getting theirs, but I got my Rhapsody and Persona 2 today in perfect condition. Thanks again OP! :D Now I need to track down Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny 2 for cheap. ;)

I don't want to be too inflammatory, but I was bidding on Persona 2 on eBay last night. No success, but this morning I got an email from eBay saying that one of the auctions due to expire this morning was cancelled because the seller was banned (or something to that effect). I couldn't help but notice that the person was also selling new copies of Rhapsody. I wonder if the person had bought from the store this deal was promoting.

Is it against board policy to mention the name of the eBayer here?

[quote name='dfg']I don't want to be too inflammatory, but I was bidding on Persona 2 on eBay last night. No success, but this morning I got an email from eBay saying that one of the auctions due to expire this morning was cancelled because the seller was banned (or something to that effect). I couldn't help but notice that the person was also selling new copies of Rhapsody. I wonder if the person had bought from the store this deal was promoting.

Is it against board policy to mention the name of the eBayer here?[/QUOTE]

werid maybe they wasnt paying their ebay fees.

I bought both. If you went back in time and told me there was a reprint and the copies I would be getting didn't have the Sony seal on top and there were a buttload more going to be released I wouldn't have bought them.

So nobody deserves thanking except the UPS man who didn't smash the box containing the games.

[quote name='Jeoff']I bought both. If you went back in time and told me there was a reprint and the copies I would be getting didn't have the Sony seal on top and there were a buttload more going to be released I wouldn't have bought them.

So nobody deserves thanking except the UPS man who didn't smash the box containing the games.[/QUOTE]

thats right and they also said BUY BOTH AND GET FREE SHIPPING. You could of only got 1 of them and Still got free shipping. Also i just got my 3rd game and I CANT EVEN SHIP IT BACK cause its past the 10 days Since i ordered it from (it wont get their till after the 10 days have passed so im stuck with the piece of #$#$)

company is blacklisted to me

You guys are acting like someone held a gun to your head and said

"Buy these two games or ill kill you!"

Its still new, regardless of the sticker that isnt there once you open it. If anything it serves you right for trying to take all the copies when there are plenty of CAGs who wanted to get the game....get this....TO PLAY!!

Get quick rich schemes dont always work, if they did then we would all be rich and money would have no value.

You wont find sympathy from me, go to fat wallet with that because this was a great deal for gamers.

bread's done
Back